**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prison Bars on Players in Fourms?

Sometimes I see a user's profile picture but there is a bar in front of the picture. What does this mean???

Comments

• Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    So how do you get that and what does that represent.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Breaking forum rules I believe I'm not sure what it exactly disallows them to do though lol
    Thanks for the information. I see that they can still comment.
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    if you search "jail" this question has been answered before
    Thanks for help beaupoem. Been awhile when I've been on here. :p
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    As was mentioned, they're in "Jail". Disciplinary action. Basically like Probation.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    This doesn't make sense according to all the prior talk from mods on the old forums about disciplinary actions being secret and not information that was shared with or broadcast to the rest of us. Why the sudden change?
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Crine60 wrote: »
    This doesn't make sense according to all the prior talk from mods on the old forums about disciplinary actions being secret and not information that was shared with or broadcast to the rest of us. Why the sudden change?

Because they make the rules and can change them whenever. Plus before people would annouce that there friend was banned.
  • K1NGR3DK1NGR3D Posts: 32
    edited September 2017
    I know right when you report hackers it gets sent to a unmonitored email adress and the case gets dissmissed. If you spend money and don't recieve your units they will say theres nothing they can do.. I bet this will get flagged
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    It's pretty ririduclua and just makes me laugh.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You must need multiple warnings to get it. I started a semi troll thread that people who refused to collect the last milestone in arena in order to keep getting the next series option were guilty of an exploit and should be banned lol. Never got to read the comments because they removed the thread and I got an official WARNING from Kabam Miike that stayed on my profile for a month. No bars though. My deleted post did have an actual point but whatever.
    Jon8299 wrote: »

Because they make the rules and can change them whenever. Plus before people would annouce that there friend was banned.

The visible action on the Forum is something that started in the New Forum. Although we don't see the details of what was dealt with. I could assume it's some sort of deterrent. However, the stance on actions taken on the Accounts themselves still stands. They don't discuss those.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★

The visible action on the Forum is something that started in the New Forum. Although we don't see the details of what was dealt with. I could assume it's some sort of deterrent. However, the stance on actions taken on the Accounts themselves still stands. They don't discuss those.

In the old forums, we get to see who was banned. The guy who liked to have forum accounts named after variations of the Flash's alter ego is an example. It was a simple indicator, not like the new forum. I don't remember exactly but I think they simply used the word "banned" under the account name. It's been awhile so I don't remember the finer details.

We didn't get to see why they were banned but for some (like the guy noted above), it wasn't hard to figure out why (assuming you saw his posts before deletion).

In any case, the "secrecy" involved game accounts, not forum accounts, as in we never know if a game account was banned, suspended, or no action.

In the old forums, we get to see who was banned. The guy who liked to have forum accounts named after variations of the Flash's alter ego is an example. It was a simple indicator, not like the new forum. I don't remember exactly but I think they simply used the word "banned" under the account name. It's been awhile so I don't remember the finer details.

We didn't get to see why they were banned but for some (like the guy noted above), it wasn't hard to figure out why (assuming you saw his posts before deletion).

In any case, the "secrecy" involved game accounts, not forum accounts, as in we never know if a game account was banned, suspended, or no action.

I don't remember seeing the Ban Indicator in the Old Forum. Could very well have been. I don't really pay attention to other Account actions. It's pretty visible here, which is why I noticed. Perhaps I did notice and can't remember. The older I get, the more I become a Goldfish. Lol.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★

I don't remember seeing the Ban Indicator in the Old Forum. Could very well have been. I don't really pay attention to other Account actions. It's pretty visible here, which is why I noticed. Perhaps I did notice and can't remember. The older I get, the more I become a Goldfish. Lol.

Wish I had a screenshot, but yea, if a person was banned it would be indicated under their name as "Banned".

Sort of the same thing here. It's either a jail for an avatar or a "User Banned, Please carry on" for an avatar
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

Wish I had a screenshot, but yea, if a person was banned it would be indicated under their name as "Banned".

Sort of the same thing here. It's either a jail for an avatar or a "User Banned, Please carry on" for an avatar

I believe it. I just can't remember it. Wasn't as visible here. Which is good, I suppose. It means I've adjusted to the New Forum enough. Wait, it was only on their Profile, if memory serves. That's why.
  • Since this question has been answered, I'm going to go ahead and close it down.

As a reminder to anyone curious what could earn you a nifty jailed image or fancy red avatar, the forum rules are located here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54/forum-rules-please-read-prior-to-posting
This discussion has been closed.