**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nexus Crystal offer confusion

HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★

The Nexus crystal offer is valued at 337, 500 Doubloons and contains an extra 2,500 6* shards.

If you buy 30 of the 5 star bundles (225,000) Doubloons as well as 5 of the 6 star bundles (37,500) Doubloons that costs 262,500 Doubloons which is a lot less than 337,500. Am I missing something here?

Apart from the Doubloons difference, you get 3 five stars as opposed to 1.
That's the same as opening a Nexus crystal and getting all of the champions.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    think of nexus crystals like dippin dots - an overpriced novelty that actually isn't that great and definitely not worth it
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    With the Nexus crystal you get the choice of 3 different champions to choose from. With the 30K 5* shards you'd get with bundle 1 you could get 3 of the same champion theoretically which would really suck if they were all Groot or Iron Patriot. If I wasn't such a cheapskate I would get the Odin bundle and get the nexus and 6* crystals, but I find better value in only spending $30 and buying the second bundle for 5K 6* shards so I can open my next 6* crystal. It sucks because I would have a chance to choose a Doctor Doom in a Nexus crystal.

think of nexus crystals like dippin dots - an overpriced novelty that actually isn't that great and definitely not worth it

does someone here actually like dippin dots? or is my analogy just trash
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268

I think your right about the nexus crystals (and the dippin dots), but I see why some people like nexus cystals, its nice to have a choice sometimes (even if the overall value is worse).
  • (quote)
    most are chasing the 6* shards and the 5* component is secondary? it's the same with the black cyber frimonday deals.

Think that's the point he was making. Buying en bulk the other offers added up to same 6* shards amount. (plus you'd get about 1.5x T5Basic) for cheaper cost.

So even if you were looking at wanting the Nexus for a 5*, the bulk way is also still better too.

Sparx265 said:

I think your right about the nexus crystals (and the dippin dots), but I see why some people like nexus cystals, its nice to have a choice sometimes (even if the overall value is worse).
    by a logical standpoint, the nexus crystal is a terrible value. Would you rather open 3 5 star groots or 1 nexus with groot, cyclops, and magneto? 3 trash 5 stars is better than one.
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★

(quote)
    most are chasing the 6* shards and the 5* component is secondary? it's the same with the black cyber frimonday deals.

Think that's the point he was making. Buying en bulk the other offers added up to same 6* shards amount. (plus you'd get about 1.5x T5Basic) for cheaper cost.

So even if you were looking at wanting the Nexus for a 5*, the bulk way is also still better too.

Exactly, for 70,000 less Doubloons, you’re getting the same items and more. The Nexus crystal in my view is the equivalent of opening three 5 star crystals but only selecting one champ whereas if you buy the other bundles I posted above, you are still opening three 5 star crystals except you get to keep all 3 champions of course.

• Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 338 ★★

With the Nexus crystal you get the choice of 3 different champions to choose from. With the 30K 5* shards you'd get with bundle 1 you could get 3 of the same champion theoretically which would really suck if they were all Groot or Iron Patriot. If I wasn't such a cheapskate I would get the Odin bundle and get the nexus and 6* crystals, but I find better value in only spending $30 and buying the second bundle for 5K 6* shards so I can open my next 6* crystal. It sucks because I would have a chance to choose a Doctor Doom in a Nexus crystal.

Technically it’s possible to get 3 groots in a nexus, you do t always get 3 different champs to choose from.
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    I'm just after 6* shards and i know higher offers with 5* can give dupe but excluding that my math tells me to just bulk buy bundle 2 after getting the 2 of the medium unit deals