**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Don't Sleep on the Cheap Doubloon bundles

The Doubloon bundles all have two items combined, so there's no real quantitative way to compare their value objectively. But I suspect many players are *primarily* interested in one or a few of the items in the bundles. For example, I'm probably more interested in things like 6* shards than 5* shards, or T5B over even things like the T4CC selector.

Interestingly, if you want to maximize your 6* shards (I'm talking about Uncollected or Cav players here: I don't know what the offers are for most of the lower tiers), it is the *cheaper* bundles that have the much better relative quantities, if you focus on those specifically. For example, here's how many 6* shards you get per 1000 doubloons for the different bundles

I'm not saying the cheaper bundles are "better." There's other value in them besides the 6* shards. I'm just saying that the higher bundles aren't necessarily better, depending on what you want, so really look carefully at them. If you want 6* shards, for example, the Cav Bundle #2 is actually extremely good value. Ten of those is 75000 and gets you 5000 6* shards.

Heck the Uncollected Bundle #1, which everyone (at least UNC players) can get for free with the free 15000 Doubloons is great value for free: it is 3500 5* shards and 7200 T2A fragments total.

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    The cheaper bundles are a better deal, which is quite surprising for kabam. Great work
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    The only problem is I am free to play.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,662 Guardian

Is there a difference between the offers for android and iphone? Because I'm cavalier and this is the cheapest bundle I can have containing 5* shards.

Not complaining at all by the way, this is absolutely amazing imo. I just read through your post, really informative by the way, and stumbled over the very last sentiment.

If there's a difference I also think this one with t5b is better than the one with t2a, but only because I don't really need t2a right now.

EDIT: I'm on android, forgot to mention that.

The bundles are progress-dependent. You're showing Bundle #1 if you're Cavalier. If you're Uncollected Bundle #1 is different: it is 1750 5* shards and 3600 T2A fragments for 7500. The Cav bundles have less 5* and more 6* shards in them.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,662 Guardian

The only problem is I am free to play.

Everyone should have gotten some free Doubloons in in-game email. It isn't much, but for Uncollected and Cavalier players it was 15000 (not sure about lower progress). There are two 7500 bundles that both Unc and Cav players could buy twice (or one of each) which isn't all that bad for completely free to play. As I mentioned above, F2P uncollected players can get 3500 5* shards and 7200 T2A fragments with their free Doubloons. F2P Cavs could get 1000 6* shards and 54k T4B fragments or 2000 5* shards and 4500 T5B fragments with those free Doubloons. Again, not bad for free.
  • Options
    DeejDeej Posts: 108
    for uncollected players I feel bundle 1 and bundle 7 have the best value
  • Options
    Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I'm Uncollected, and I went with the 1750 5* shard bundles. Money is tight so I didn't spend anything, even though a 1* Deadpool is awesome for collection purposes. I thought it was super awesome that they gave that many doubloons for free.