**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Gold Cap

Not sure if this has ever been covered before, but apparently the Gold Cap in the game

Is 9,007,199,254,740,991. Or nine quadrillion seven trillion one hundred ninety-nine billion two hundred fifty-four million seven hundred forty thousand nine hundred ninety-one.

Or for the computer geeky, it is 2^53. The largest mantissa in standard IEEE754 double precision fp format. More or less the maximum integer you can represent in 64 bit double precision fp with full precision.
Β«1

Comments

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Some quick math:
    one odin: 155 gold crystals.
    If we assume you get 4800 from each(I'm too lazy to analyze this), it adds up to 744000 per odin.
    100 odins = 74400000
    It would take around 12106450600 odins to get that much gold. It would probably be a bit less than that, but somewhere in the ball park of that figure.
    That many odins is 1,210,645,060,000 dollars. around one trillion.
    BTW, that is 37529996860000 units
    Edit: Basically, it is impossible

Lol go calculate that into real money
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    .......but not a penny more. XD
  • DNA3000 said:

Not sure if this has ever been covered before, but apparently the Gold Cap in the game

Is 9,007,199,254,740,991. Or nine quadrillion seven trillion one hundred ninety-nine billion two hundred fifty-four million seven hundred forty thousand nine hundred ninety-one.

Or for the computer geeky, it is 2^53. The largest mantissa in standard IEEE754 double precision fp format. More or less the maximum integer you can represent in 64 bit double precision fp with full precision.

Lol πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Takes me back to writing code dealing with Floating Point storage values in various spreadsheet formats.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

What 🀯
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Some quick math:
    If we assume you get 4800 from each(I'm too lazy to analyze this), it adds up to 744000 per odin.
    100 odins = 74400000
    It would take around 12106450600 odins to get that much gold. It would probably be a bit less than that, but somewhere in the ball park of that figure.

What if you use uncollected golden crystals
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    edited April 2020
    Isnt that also the max dmg that can be done using the electro and aggression fury cheese or is it different
    Edit: Its not its way lower than the max gold.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    There was a time when Kabam erroneously awarded players that maximum amount of gold... I think it was just after AW started giving the skirmish awards or something. They did eventually take it back but it caused a lot of headaches at the time.

There was a time when Kabam erroneously awarded players that maximum amount of gold... I think it was just after AW started giving the skirmish awards or something. They did eventually take it back but it caused a lot of headaches at the time.

Broke the game's economy. I remember that. Ad0ra was still around then.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This thread has way..... to much math for me
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

I don't think it is possible to acquire that amount of gold

Probably not. Someone who earns a billion gold every day would take about twenty five thousand years to reach the gold cap. So not any time soon.

So you’re saying there’s a chance? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Some quick math:
    100 odins = 74400000

So the average gold you get from Gold crystals I measured at about 3174. Let's assume that scales upward proportionately to the Greater Gold crystal and the Uncollected Golden crystal (I don't know if it does, but that's a reasonable assumption). The minimum gold for the standard gold crystal is 2400, for the GG it is 4800, and for the UCG it is 15000. So lets' assume the UCG contains 15000/2400 = 6.25x as much gold as the standard crystal. That would mean its average would be about 19838 gold per crystal.

You'd need on average about 454,037,667,847 crystals to reach the gold cap. They cost 40 units a piece, and 3100 units for $100US means this would cost $585,855,055,285.90. About $586 billion dollars US. In rough terms this is about the total market cap of VISA and Mastercard combined, so I'm not sure if you can put all those units on your credit card.

But you don't have to spend cash. You could also try to reach the arena cap by arena grinding. On average you can earn something like 1830 gold and 2.5 units per round of arena. And you can convert 40 units into 19838 gold on average, so 2.5 units is about 1240 gold. So 3070 gold per round. So in 2,933,941,125,323 rounds you'd hit the gold cap. If you're really fast and can do a round a minute, it would only take about 5,578,351 years. On the plus side, there might be a 5* basic arena to grind in by then.

This is actually so much gold that it is very likely that this is more gold than all the players who have ever played the game will ever earn, for as long as the game lasts. Let's say that the average number of players playing the game simultaneously is about a million players (it isn't) and lets say that the game lasts twenty-five years (it won't). That is a total of 788,927,040,000,000 seconds of game time that will ever exist. Every one of those players, for every second they are logged in, would have to average earning over eleven gold per second for the total gold earned by every player who will ever play the game over its entire lifetime combined to total the gold cap.

Incidentally, Kabam stated that as of the five year anniversary players had logged 2.8 billion hours of gameplay. That number above is 78 times larger.

Unless they radically change gold earning ability, no one will ever reach the cap because all of us combined will probably never reach the cap.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I remember that. My alliance leader at the time got 80 million and they never took it back.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Dont make CoWhale come out of retirement and prove you wrong.
    even jeff bezos does not have enough money for this
  • I don't think it is possible to acquire that amount of gold

Is he actually retired (saw the thread a while back that mentioned he was gonna, but just looked him up in game) ? Still actively logged in and still in alliance.
    It's possible. I retired for some months and still logged in. Then again, I left my Ally.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Is he actually retired (saw the thread a while back that mentioned he was gonna, but just looked him up in game) ? Still actively logged in and still in alliance.
    he pays mercs to play for him. Too much sunken cost for him to quit at this point. If I were him, I would cut my losses and move on, but he obviously has not

Well, that doesn't necessarily mean COWhale didn't stop playing. But that's all I can say about that topic.

I remember that. My alliance leader at the time got 80 million and they never took it back.
    i remember when that was an unimaginably large amount of gold.

Its definitely not him.
    DNA3000 said:

i remember when that was an unimaginably large amount of gold.
    I know. I claimed mine and they took it. I always thought if I had that much then id never need it again.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

Some quick math:
    100 odins = 74400000

So the average gold you get from Gold crystals I measured at about 3174. Let's assume that scales upward proportionately to the Greater Gold crystal and the Uncollected Golden crystal (I don't know if it does, but that's a reasonable assumption). The minimum gold for the standard gold crystal is 2400, for the GG it is 4800, and for the UCG it is 15000. So lets' assume the UCG contains 15000/2400 = 6.25x as much gold as the standard crystal. That would mean its average would be about 19838 gold per crystal.

You'd need on average about 454,037,667,847 crystals to reach the gold cap. They cost 40 units a piece, and 3100 units for $100US means this would cost $585,855,055,285.90. About $586 billion dollars US. In rough terms this is about the total market cap of VISA and Mastercard combined, so I'm not sure if you can put all those units on your credit card.

But you don't have to spend cash. You could also try to reach the arena cap by arena grinding. On average you can earn something like 1830 gold and 2.5 units per round of arena. And you can convert 40 units into 19838 gold on average, so 2.5 units is about 1240 gold. So 3070 gold per round. So in 2,933,941,125,323 rounds you'd hit the gold cap. If you're really fast and can do a round a minute, it would only take about 5,578,351 years. On the plus side, there might be a 5* basic arena to grind in by then.

This is actually so much gold that it is very likely that this is more gold than all the players who have ever played the game will ever earn, for as long as the game lasts. Let's say that the average number of players playing the game simultaneously is about a million players (it isn't) and lets say that the game lasts twenty-five years (it won't). That is a total of 788,927,040,000,000 seconds of game time that will ever exist. Every one of those players, for every second they are logged in, would have to average earning over eleven gold per second for the total gold earned by every player who will ever play the game over its entire lifetime combined to total the gold cap.

Incidentally, Kabam stated that as of the five year anniversary players had logged 2.8 billion hours of gameplay. That number above is 78 times larger.

Unless they radically change gold earning ability, no one will ever reach the cap because all of us combined will probably never reach the cap.
    You can just have bill gates and jeff Bezos and all of the billionaire pay it fo you
    After all, who cares about the economy? I want to hit the gold cap
  • StudentOfGrootStudentOfGroot Posts: 36 β˜…

Ad0ra was still around then.
    Actually, it's "Ad0ra_"