**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

You are being contacted on behalf of the Red Room Academy

Comments

• MyersVoorhesMyersVoorhes Posts: 26
    I don't know if this has been asked. The epic red room gives 258 Intel and it takes 500 for the tier 4 rift, so it takes two days to get there. There are 35 days in the event quest, that would make 17 and a half but there are supposed to be enough to get the tier 4 rift 18 times. Am I missing something
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★

I don't know if this has been asked. The epic red room gives 258 Intel and it takes 500 for the tier 4 rift, so it takes two days to get there. There are 35 days in the event quest, that would make 17 and a half but there are supposed to be enough to get the tier 4 rift 18 times. Am I missing something

(258 x 35) / 500 = 18.06 😀
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Sorry, I'm a little confused here. For the Red Room Ops event, you can only use 2-star champs? Is that right? But the recommended team for Master is 12,500 and Epic is 28,000. Isn't 5 2-stars all maxed out a team of like 4,800? Apologies if I am way off here.

• bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Magonus said:

@Kabam Miike Sorry, I'm a little confused here. For the Red Room Ops event, you can only use 2-star champs? Is that right? But the recommended team for Master is 12,500 and Epic is 28,000. Isn't 5 2-stars all maxed out a team of like 4,800? Apologies if I am way off here.

The enemies are symbioids with 750 pi there's 3 of them and a boss that's like 2k pi. It's really easy
  • MyersVoorhesMyersVoorhes Posts: 26
    Don't know how to reply to comments but the daily objective comes out at 12 PM Central for me. So wouldn't I only get 17 since the event would end at 12 PM Central
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @bdawg923 Thanks. So the recommended team rating should be like 3,000, not 28,000.... got it. Thanks :)
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★

This is too complex event
    Didn’t got idea exactly what to do

You get a target to fight every day. When you beat the target you get access to the red rooms where you will fight with your 2*s. This will give you intel which you will later use to make runs in the rift. If you purchase a chronometer with the intel you can choose the prize you want in one of your rift runs. It'll be pretty simple once you start doing it. The targets are in the special objectives each day.
    Thanks got little idea
  • BarryJ2BarryJ2 Posts: 32
    Will you be able to get the uncollected rewards if become uncollected in the middle of the event, unlike the calenders?
  • GhOsT_DoG_78GhOsT_DoG_78 Posts: 44

Lvernon15 said:

Jh_Dez said:

Lvernon15 said:

Will the awakening gem be like PST rifts where you see the class rather than it being a crystal? And do you use the chronometer in the rift after seeing this or do you use it before?

Was about to ask this
    Yeah, if you see the class and can choose in the rift wether to use the chronometer it’s be massive, there’s only 1 class I’m interested in and that goes for most, and the chance of not seeing it once in 18 is very slim, hope it works like that
    It will take the equivalent of 6 rifts worth of intel before you can enter with a digital chronometer so in reality you're hoping to see what you want once in the 12 remaining possible attempts. Is that right? So all things being equal, you'd expect to see the single awakening gem you want twice overall.
    You get a detector with the chronometer so I think it will be 13 possible attempts.
    Yup you're right :)
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    So does it mean as long as I complete the daily target objectives every day to obtain the keycard, I can do the rest in a batch and not missing anything or do I have to complete the quests everyday to not missing any reward?
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    just to confirm- the chronometer can only be used in 1 rift, it isn't a permanent item to be exploited on every rift to get top rewards, right?
  • GhOsT_DoG_78GhOsT_DoG_78 Posts: 44
    Jackd1989 said:

just to confirm- the chronometer can only be used in 1 rift, it isn't a permanent item to be exploited on every rift to get top rewards, right?

Correct. Otherwise you'd go for 13 awakening gems, right? :D
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★

Jackd1989 said:

Correct. Otherwise you'd go for 13 awakening gems, right? :D
    yeah, someone in my alliance thought it was something that could be used multiple times but was certain it couldnt
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    Question for @Kabam Miike
    Let’s say wanna use the chronometer for the awakening gem. If I buy the rift key and the chronometer, and enter the rift, but it’s not the class I want, do I get to choose to use the chronometer or can I go random? and then I wait until I get the next rift key until I see the class I want?

Thanks
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Today I did Master as I wasn't sure how challenging it would be. After realizing it was very easy and honestly realizing I could have done Epic. Starting tomorrow I will do Epic each day to maximize Intel.
  • @Kabam Miike will the jr and sr crystals be available in the quick arena fights like the previous 2* crystals were?
  • RebornMVPRebornMVP Posts: 49
    So when it says each day there will be a new mission does the next mission start at 10 pst or just like at midnight
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    RebornMVP said:

So when it says each day there will be a new mission does the next mission start at 10 pst or just like at midnight

always at 10PST

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

I don't think @Buttehrs and @UmbertoDelRio are looking at the bigger picture. Do the players who sold their 1* Champions deserve to be screwed over? Absolutely, no arguments there.

But the newer players these days are progressing so quickly, that they're running out of the bracket in which they can get 1* Champions very fast. I'm just gonna show what I mean.

I started my account in April last year, I remember getting Act 4 completion in the first week and this is my 1* roster.

As you can see, I only have 4 1* Champions, fortunately I did manage to get a 1* Hulk but others might not be so lucky. What I'm saying is, in a way players are getting punished for being too good at the game. It's entirely possible that a player never sold any Champions and still doesn't have a 1* Hulk.

Players looking up guides and rushing through content is out of kabams control. And I'm simply going to assume that's how you did it to some degree, since the actual average time from starting out to becoming uncollected is longer in my experience. Also looking at the view counts on most mcoc beginner content it also not far fetched that this is essentially the norm nowadays.

You can get free 1* champs until you get uncollected iirc. No one is being punished for being too good, that's just a ridiculous assessment.

Kabam can only control the natural progression in this game, so if anything all the known comtent creators are responsible for putting up variant 4 disclaimers in their videos.
    Seriously? So looking up guides and making quick progress is something that shouldn't be done? I understand that this isn't something that Kabam can directly influence, but there can still be ways in which this 1* drought can be solved. Plus, it took me 3-4 months to get Uncollected and in that time I could only collect 4 1* champions.

What you're suggesting is that players should simply wait around lower levels until they get a 1* Hulk, even if they have Champions who are strong enough to get some progress done. With how easy it is to get 4* Champions these days for beginners, I don't think waiting around should be the ideal strategy for something like this.

Also keep in mind that there are players (including myself) who had no idea that there would be a piece of content released that would specifically require 1* Champions, hence we didn't know that we should've waited to get the desired 1* Champions before moving ahead. For these players there's no way to get Variant 4 exploration done without spending a truckload of revives on that one path in the final chapter, or whale out on that 20% 1* drop rate crystals for that 1* Hulk.

This could be very easily fixed by just adding a 1* Champion crystal in the store or adding a chance to drop 1* champions in the regular quest crystals, the possibilities are endless.
    That's not even what I said. Either read and comprehend my comments properly or stop trying to engage in a conversation.

You claimed players are getting screwed over. By what? By whom? By the game? By kabam? Progressing too fast is neither the games nor kabams fault.

And 3-4 months for becoming uncollected is exactly what I'm talking about. You watched guides, you knew what you were doing. That's nothing kabam can control. I never suggested players should wait, again read and comprehend, I said there's a natural expected progression.
    I literally agreed with your statement about Kabam not being able to directly influence this, that's not my point. Under their control or not, the reality is that there are players without a 1* Hulk who never sold any Champions. Sure, it wasn't Kabam's intention to create this small group of players, but they DO exist and they have no way of getting Variant 4 exploration wihout spending 7-10 revives per fight on that one path.

Players progressing too quickly is not something Kabam can control. But what Kabam CAN control is the fact that in some way or another, this small group of players gets their 1* Hulk, or at least a fair chance at getting a 1* Hulk, they deserve it because they never did anything wrong.

It's really simple. By ignoring this small group of players who never did anything wrong by progressing too quickly, Kabam are screwing them over. They're screwing them over by not giving them a good alternative to spending an insane amount of units. It's a very real problem, masking it behind excuses like 'oH kAbAm CaN't CoTrOl ThAt' is straight up ignorant in my opinion.
    Ah apologies. Then I agree with everything minus the screwing over part of it.

That's way too active of an accusation in my eyes.

The thing is, I don't say they shouldn't help those players. But everything I can think off that would help those players would also willy nilly help those that simply decided to sell their champs and frankly I don't think those deserve any help of that kind.

It's a harsh situation, but then again V4 is optional content. And by that I don't mean "you don't have to do it lul", but rather that it's for example not comparable to having 1* gates in story content.
    By that I also mean that the content isn't running away from anyone, so you can take your time grinding units and occasionally going for those 1-2* crystals. That is not ideal please don't get me wrong, but it's not like there is absolutely nothing players in that situation can do.

What kabam was going for with V4 was a fun and unique piece of content that demands us to use our full rosters. I'm pretty sure the 1-2* crystals got introduced after the first people complained they lacked 1* champs, so it's not apparent to me that kabam somehow planned this. And I know this isn't what you said, I don't want to misrepresent you here, no worries. But that's why I'm not really okay with the screwing over part.
    Kabam did a thing and then another thing happened/became apparent.

I mean, sure kabam could simply go ahead and give every single player, even newly started accounts, the full set of all available 1* champs. At this point however this would actually screw people over, namely those that already spent a lot of units on the 1-2* crystals.

They could have also done that instead of introducing those crystals, then they would have screwed those over that already did it with non-ideal 1* champs.

I think if anything we can accuse kabam of poor planning. I don't think that is far fetched. And through that poor planning certain groups of players are somewhat screwed now, in that they have limited options on how to go about this.

But they do have options. And I don't see kabam as actively and intentionally causing this problem in that sense.

And by that I don't want to say "kabam good". But variant 4 is good. That's an amazing piece of content. Incredibly well designed and incredibly fun with appropriate endgamey difficulty.

I don't want them to get discouraged to do something similar in the future, so rather then accusing them I'd like to appeal to them to get the community a bit more involved into the planning of such content in the future.

I don't think @Buttehrs and @UmbertoDelRio are looking at the bigger picture. Do the players who sold their 1* Champions deserve to be screwed over? Absolutely, no arguments there.

But the newer players these days are progressing so quickly, that they're running out of the bracket in which they can get 1* Champions very fast. I'm just gonna show what I mean.

I started my account in April last year, I remember getting Act 4 completion in the first week and this is my 1* roster.

As you can see, I only have 4 1* Champions, fortunately I did manage to get a 1* Hulk but others might not be so lucky. What I'm saying is, in a way players are getting punished for being too good at the game. It's entirely possible that a player never sold any Champions and still doesn't have a 1* Hulk.

Players looking up guides and rushing through content is out of kabams control. And I'm simply going to assume that's how you did it to some degree, since the actual average time from starting out to becoming uncollected is longer in my experience. Also looking at the view counts on most mcoc beginner content it also not far fetched that this is essentially the norm nowadays.

You can get free 1* champs until you get uncollected iirc. No one is being punished for being too good, that's just a ridiculous assessment.

Kabam can only control the natural progression in this game, so if anything all the known comtent creators are responsible for putting up variant 4 disclaimers in their videos.
    Seriously? So looking up guides and making quick progress is something that shouldn't be done? I understand that this isn't something that Kabam can directly influence, but there can still be ways in which this 1* drought can be solved. Plus, it took me 3-4 months to get Uncollected and in that time I could only collect 4 1* champions.

What you're suggesting is that players should simply wait around lower levels until they get a 1* Hulk, even if they have Champions who are strong enough to get some progress done. With how easy it is to get 4* Champions these days for beginners, I don't think waiting around should be the ideal strategy for something like this.

Also keep in mind that there are players (including myself) who had no idea that there would be a piece of content released that would specifically require 1* Champions, hence we didn't know that we should've waited to get the desired 1* Champions before moving ahead. For these players there's no way to get Variant 4 exploration done without spending a truckload of revives on that one path in the final chapter, or whale out on that 20% 1* drop rate crystals for that 1* Hulk.

This could be very easily fixed by just adding a 1* Champion crystal in the store or adding a chance to drop 1* champions in the regular quest crystals, the possibilities are endless.
    That's not even what I said. Either read and comprehend my comments properly or stop trying to engage in a conversation.

You claimed players are getting screwed over. By what? By whom? By the game? By kabam? Progressing too fast is neither the games nor kabams fault.

And 3-4 months for becoming uncollected is exactly what I'm talking about. You watched guides, you knew what you were doing. That's nothing kabam can control. I never suggested players should wait, again read and comprehend, I said there's a natural expected progression.
    I literally agreed with your statement about Kabam not being able to directly influence this, that's not my point. Under their control or not, the reality is that there are players without a 1* Hulk who never sold any Champions. Sure, it wasn't Kabam's intention to create this small group of players, but they DO exist and they have no way of getting Variant 4 exploration wihout spending 7-10 revives per fight on that one path.

Players progressing too quickly is not something Kabam can control. But what Kabam CAN control is the fact that in some way or another, this small group of players gets their 1* Hulk, or at least a fair chance at getting a 1* Hulk, they deserve it because they never did anything wrong.

It's really simple. By ignoring this small group of players who never did anything wrong by progressing too quickly, Kabam are screwing them over. They're screwing them over by not giving them a good alternative to spending an insane amount of units. It's a very real problem, masking it behind excuses like 'oH kAbAm CaN't CoTrOl ThAt' is straight up ignorant in my opinion.
    Ah apologies. Then I agree with everything minus the screwing over part of it.

That's way too active of an accusation in my eyes.

The thing is, I don't say they shouldn't help those players. But everything I can think off that would help those players would also willy nilly help those that simply decided to sell their champs and frankly I don't think those deserve any help of that kind.

It's a harsh situation, but then again V4 is optional content. And by that I don't mean "you don't have to do it lul", but rather that it's for example not comparable to having 1* gates in story content.
    By that I also mean that the content isn't running away from anyone, so you can take your time grinding units and occasionally going for those 1-2* crystals. That is not ideal please don't get me wrong, but it's not like there is absolutely nothing players in that situation can do.

What kabam was going for with V4 was a fun and unique piece of content that demands us to use our full rosters. I'm pretty sure the 1-2* crystals got introduced after the first people complained they lacked 1* champs, so it's not apparent to me that kabam somehow planned this. And I know this isn't what you said, I don't want to misrepresent you here, no worries. But that's why I'm not really okay with the screwing over part.
    Kabam did a thing and then another thing happened/became apparent.

I mean, sure kabam could simply go ahead and give every single player, even newly started accounts, the full set of all available 1* champs. At this point however this would actually screw people over, namely those that already spent a lot of units on the 1-2* crystals.

They could have also done that instead of introducing those crystals, then they would have screwed those over that already did it with non-ideal 1* champs.

I think if anything we can accuse kabam of poor planning. I don't think that is far fetched. And through that poor planning certain groups of players are somewhat screwed now, in that they have limited options on how to go about this.

But they do have options. And I don't see kabam as actively and intentionally causing this problem in that sense.

And by that I don't want to say "kabam good". But variant 4 is good. That's an amazing piece of content. Incredibly well designed and incredibly fun with appropriate endgamey difficulty.

I don't want them to get discouraged to do something similar in the future, so rather then accusing them I'd like to appeal to them to get the community a bit more involved into the planning of such content in the future.
    you still dont get it do you , their is a crystal in this game for every tier at 100% obtainability except 1* , it has nothing to do with sold who has who hasnt its the fact they wont release a 100% chance crystal on the lowest tier of this game for a content which is niche and saying you need skill ofcourse you need skill to do V4 100%, i think your so ignorant to others problem, becuase it doesnt apply to you so you act like your this expert on the matter, you arent in our shoes mate, all the players want is a 100% CRYSTAL FOR A 1* its not gonna break the game lol, thats what youve overlooked in all these discusions, that we are asking for a alternative not your beginner guide to HINDSIGHT or PREDICTING THE FUTURE
    It's because they arent just gonna hand you the keys to some of the best rewards in game for practically nothing. That's why. If you want those rewards your gonna have to either pony up units or wait for 1*s to come around again sonewhere.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    @Devourer12 I am not going to quote that ridiculous amount of text. But, I am guessing you are one of the players who sold their 1 star and is going after Kabam for what was your decision. First of all, the drop rates in crystals are according to the desirability of the outcome, What i mean is when you open a phc, you want the 4 star the most. So, 4 star has the lowest probability. In the current crystal 1 star is the desired champ, so, obviously Kabam will make the percentage lower. Secondly, I don't see waiting for a 1 star hulk as any different that waiting for a counter for 6.2 Mister sinister or the champion boss, I have been waiting to pull a counter for ages and I am still waiting. I could throw units at the fight and get it done or wait to complete what is permanent content whenever I get a champ that can get me through it with minimum spend. Its my decision.

I don't know what this thread got these posts, But I don't want Kabam to start gifting 1 stars and I don't think they will.