**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI against Ghost (without Wasp synergy)

Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
Has anyone else noticed a change in the AI behavior when playing ghost without the wasp synergy? Before it was quite reliable to pause or hold block and then phase-S2 once they make a move to attack you but the past while it seems like they are increasingly likely to dash back or just throw up a block instead. Anyone else notice this? I found this to be especially prevalent in the later zones of sector 6/7 incursions.

Comments

• Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    Don't use her without wasp I have never found it worth it
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    I've been doing it for quite a long time. Ever since act 6 first got introduced. Just noticing it to be more of an issue now. Thus why I'm wondering if the AI has been adjusted.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

Has anyone else noticed a change in the AI behavior when playing ghost without the wasp synergy? Before it was quite reliable to pause or hold block and then phase-S2 once they make a move to attack you but the past while it seems like they are increasingly likely to dash back or just throw up a block instead. Anyone else notice this? I found this to be especially prevalent in the later zones of sector 6/7 incursions.

Managed to duel a R3 6* annihilus with my 3* today so I dunno
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I haven’t noticed this at all and I use Ghost fairly regularly and since I don’t have a five or six star Wasp, I can definitely say I haven’t noticed it in Act 6
    Yea I did all of act 6 and many many war seasons without relying on the synergy as well. I'm not a new ghost player by any means. Maybe it's just in incursions that I'm noticing it more in those later zones... Don't know.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Try: parry ,light, phase, sp2
    Caino1023 said:

Yup that certainly works. I just never had to do that before. That and it's dependent on them not being stun immune.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    I use her without wasp as well, i just hesitate and pause for a bit before throwing specials off, I’ll comment back if i notice a change
    GagoH said:

I use her without wasp as well, i just hesitate and pause for a bit before throwing specials off, I’ll comment back if i notice a change

Yea that's what I've always been doing. Still works a lot of the time. But you never notice them sometimes just backing off or blocking instead of attacking into you when you do that pause?
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Amadeo01 said:

Caino1023 said:

Yup that certainly works. I just never had to do that before. That and it's dependent on them not being stun immune.
    Can you describe in more detail your strat for using the sp2 without wasp (and without parry)?
    Caino1023 said:

Amadeo01 said:

Caino1023 said:

Can you describe in more detail your strat for using the sp2 without wasp (and without parry)?
    After you hit them, just take a small pause and stand still and they usually will try to hit you, so you can quickly swipe back and S2 so it intercepts their attack. I'm just noticing at least in incursions, instead of attacking, they end up backing up instead so then the S2 misses.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

Caino1023 said:

Amadeo01 said:

Caino1023 said:

After you hit them, just take a small pause and stand still and they usually will try to hit you, so you can quickly swipe back and S2 so it intercepts their attack. I'm just noticing at least in incursions, instead of attacking, they end up backing up instead so then the S2 misses.
    Work best when ther at couner if ther Hav space ther wil somtimes just move back
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited April 2020
    I only use her without the synergy. I hate bringing champs I don’t like using.

I haven’t noticed anything different.

Me
    Thebgj said:

Me

Have you tried in incursions?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’ve not noticed a difference in the game as a whole, not tried incursions Though
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

Thebgj said:

Me

Have you tried in incursions?
    Never used her in incursions so can't speak on those but nothing different anywhere else from what I can tell
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    Try doing the scared ghost method. Just hold block in place (most preferably on the corner left) then time the moment your oppo will dash forward and quickly dash backward and sp

Try doing the scared ghost method. Just hold block in place (most preferably on the corner left) then time the moment your oppo will dash forward and quickly dash backward and sp

Yea if the AI continues to back away, I'm going to try different methods, that being one of them but that way requires you to let the dex wear off first.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I always do this, as I don't have a higher level wasp and I learned ghost without wasp. It's been fine for me