**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Taskmaster in quest 2, chapter 2 (UC)

this is not a complaint about the game cause the node isn’t exactly difficult. i’m just stating that fighting against that 19k taskmaster that evades every time you strike him with the same type of hit made me realize how i’m such a terrible player. last month i was able to do a first run on the UC event quest but it’s not happening this time cause i can’t get past him without getting ko’d lmao any tips are accepted

again it’s not a complaint, i know he’s not that difficult

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,746 ★★★★★

this is not a complaint about the game cause the node isn’t exactly difficult. i’m just stating that fighting against that 19k taskmaster that evades every time you strike him with the same type of hit made me realize how i’m such a terrible player. last month i was able to do a first run on the UC event quest but it’s not happening this time cause i can’t get past him without getting ko’d lmao any tips are accepted

Just don't use the same attacks 2x in a row. You'll have to change it up a little. Dash medium then light then medium. Or parry heavy then next combo do medium light medium again. Sp tossed in for kicks too.
  • luanamenderluanamender Posts: 229
    Buttehrs said:

Just don't use the same attacks 2x in a row. You'll have to change it up a little. Dash medium then light then medium. Or parry heavy then next combo do medium light medium again. Sp tossed in for kicks too.
    yea, i mean, i know it’s not at all difficult in theory. that’s why i realized i’m such a bad player haha specially cause usually i end a combo with medium so when he’s stun immune (for some reason?) It’s hard to start another combo with a light attack
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,746 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

yea, i mean, i know it’s not at all difficult in theory. that’s why i realized i’m such a bad player haha specially cause usually i end a combo with medium so when he’s stun immune (for some reason?) It’s hard to start another combo with a light attack
    I always start a combo with a medium then light. After that I change it up depending on the situation or node in this case lol.
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166
    One thing I did with that fight was to end my combos with light attacks. So my combos were medium and 4 lights. That way I could use a medium as my first attack on the next combo all the time
    Sidd777 said:

One thing I did with that fight was to end my combos with light attacks. So my combos were medium and 4 lights. That way I could use a medium as my first attack on the next combo all the time

medium light light light light? but how did you repeat the light attacks?
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    If you parry between combos simple mlm works. Guess that might depend on if you can kill him before he becomes debuff immune. That's how I handled that fight anyway.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    You know what makes me feel terrible? Using Ghost to cheese this man down

You know what makes me feel terrible? Using Ghost to cheese this man down

the hit right after phasing can’t be evaded, right? damn if only i was good using her lmao
  • ChirotonsorChirotonsor Posts: 12
    Tasky if awoken after 10 debuffs is then debuff immune also.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    since there is a nova perhaps you can activate corvus true strike using nova then you can use him against taskmaster no problems haha

since there is a nova perhaps you can activate corvus true strike using nova then you can use him against taskmaster no problems haha

my only corvus is a 4* so I think he wouldn’t be able to handle it before he runs out of glaive charges
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    if not then any true strike champ i suppose. If you really have none then no choice but to use skill.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I struggled with it for a really long time. But I just did that fight. The best way to go about it is to have 2 evade counters (in my case iceman and elsa). Went in with iceman and brought him down to about 40 percent and then went in with elsa to finish it. Just keep in mind that 10 debuff thing I guess
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★

my only corvus is a 4* so I think he wouldn’t be able to handle it before he runs out of glaive charges
    A 4 star wil be fine but one nova is a defrind figth there’s he wil not work
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166

Sidd777 said:

Because you can. The fourth light attack and the second medium are the combo ending attacks. Many people use medium light light light medium, but it’s not uncommon to use medium light light light light. It’s the exact same playstyle except that after the first medium you’re just tapping 4 times to end the combo
  • StudentOfGrootStudentOfGroot Posts: 36
    You aren't a bad player, you just need to play against the Nodes sometimes. We all learn.

Also, he might've turned Stun Immune because once Taskmaster receives 10 Debuffs, he is Debuff Immune
    Sidd777 said:

Sidd777 said:

Because you can. The fourth light attack and the second medium are the combo ending attacks. Many people use medium light light light medium, but it’s not uncommon to use medium light light light light. It’s the exact same playstyle except that after the first medium you’re just tapping 4 times to end the combo
    i mean i do the medium 4x light combo often as well but what i mean is that if you can’t repeat a hit, how can you do four light attacks (one after each other)?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I just used Domino with synergy. Didn't read the node.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,336 ★★★★★
    Sidd777 said:

Sidd777 said:

The node is mix master so u cant do same basic hit in a row so medium 4 lights wont work id suggest bring a evade counter or if u have a nick fury bring him and after 1 sp1 in real nick phase u can stop evade altogether
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Sidd777 said:

Sidd777 said:

The node is mix master so u cant do same basic hit in a row so medium 4 lights wont work id suggest bring a evade counter or if u have a nick fury bring him and after 1 sp1 in real nick phase u can stop evade altogether
    Good ol elsa she too had that node and was quick an evader surprised it wasnt on black widow lmao
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    if you find him hard maybe you are not ready yet !!! this is what i do !!!

• BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Bboychobo said:

Why oh why did you turn ur domino into a ballerina?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Everytime Taskmaster receives a debuff, all future debuffs have their potency lowered by 10 percent. When it hits 100%, he becomes debuff immune.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Hyperion parry/heavy wrecked him, FWIW.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Any true strike champ works well on him
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think parry mlm would work. The stun prevents him from evading
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I hate that node too, but if you have Ghost it's not an issue. That's who I always use against that node.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    i just used torch cause thats what i do medium light medium