**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rift / Chronometer Enquiry

DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 2,478 ★★★★
If I were to save 3500 Intel, spend 500 to enter a rift - then decide I wanted to purchase a Chronometer to specifically target an item on the path of the current rift, would we still be able to access the Chronometer portal? Or does this option only appear if you purchase prior to entering the rift?

Presumably, it shouldn't matter if you purchase before or during the rift itself since the Chronometer is a separate item.

I would rather not spend 3000 intel in advance, with the chance of nothing of interest coming up within the first 13 rifts. I've seen a few people ask on the back of different posts now.

Is anyone able to clear this up with the dev team?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

Comments

• StudentOfGrootStudentOfGroot Posts: 36
    I've been wondering this as well.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    This is an excellent question. If you only want one class gem and would rather have 18 runs if you never see that gem waiting to buy would be the way to go if it works.
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    Tier 4 Rift Detector cost 500 and Tier 4 Digital Chronometer and Rift Detector cost 3000 Intel

Assuming that I get those 9k Intel.. I would like to try tier 4 Rift 12 times (worth 6k)

And then decide to open digital chronometer worth 3k based on the awards I get..

I think this should be allowed as we need to buy these from store.. So once we enter we should have option to either go randomly or select specific path using chronometer...
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Is there even an option to buy a chronometer on its own seperately? i dont believe so
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Is there even an option to buy a chronometer on its own seperately? i dont believe so

Not sure what you mean. The chronometer is in the intel store as are the detectors. You get a detector with the chronometer purchase but it is certainly separate.
  • PinnyPinny Posts: 13
    I’m going to buy a lottery ticket, but hang on, let me see if I win first before I commit to buying it 😂

You can’t have your cake and eat it guys 😂
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Not sure what you mean. The chronometer is in the intel store as are the detectors. You get a detector with the chronometer purchase but it is certainly separate.
    the only way to get a chronometer is in the bundles, which give you a chronometer and a detector together, aside from that you can only buy detectors seperately.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,656 ★★★★★

Hence I want to know if I can buy and use the Chronometer whilst inside the rift.
    A mod have to answer this. My thinking is the chronometer is to be available before entering the rift and not after.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

This is an excellent question. If you only want one class gem and would rather have 18 runs if you never see that gem waiting to buy would be the way to go if it works.

Just because you see the gem you want, if you don't have a chronometer, you only have a 3% chance to get that gem. Those odds don't increase by doing all 18 rifts.

If you really want a specific gem, your chances are better to save for chronometer then you'll have 13 rifts to find it, if you do see it, the chronometer guarantees you'll get it.

I suggest you prioritize 2 or 3 class gems and use the chronometer when you see one.
    My point is, say I want a tech gem. I buy the Chronometer when I get 3000 units. I do all 13 rifts, no tech gem. I would rather have the 5 extra chances at that point.
    Hence I want to know if I can buy and use the Chronometer whilst inside the rift.

If not I could waste 2500 intel, and those 5 extra runs could get me extra sigs, or 5/6* shards - maybe even a gem. Its a nice safety feature, but I'd rather know if I can buy and use it in an already opened rift

If you are fine with the 3% odds of actually getting the tech gem, then don't buy the chronometer. But just because a tech gem is in the rift, doesn't mean you'll get it. That's why I suggest have at least 2 classes you really want and buy the chronometer.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    The made the map rewards viewable from the view rewards section. Click on them if you see what you want buy the chronometer. Then go in.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

Just because you see the gem you want, if you don't have a chronometer, you only have a 3% chance to get that gem. Those odds don't increase by doing all 18 rifts.

If you really want a specific gem, your chances are better to save for chronometer then you'll have 13 rifts to find it, if you do see it, the chronometer guarantees you'll get it.

I suggest you prioritize 2 or 3 class gems and use the chronometer when you see one.
    My point is, say I want a tech gem. I buy the Chronometer when I get 3000 units. I do all 13 rifts, no tech gem. I would rather have the 5 extra chances at that point.

If not I could waste 2500 intel, and those 5 extra runs could get me extra sigs, or 5/6* shards - maybe even a gem. Its a nice safety feature, but I'd rather know if I can buy and use it in an already opened rift

If you are fine with the 3% odds of actually getting the tech gem, then don't buy the chronometer. But just because a tech gem is in the rift, doesn't mean you'll get it. That's why I suggest have at least 2 classes you really want and buy the chronometer.
    You clearly don't get it. The question is, if once in a rift, and you see the gem you want, can you hit the menu button, go to the store and by the chronometer, go back and then use it to get the gem.

Logic would tell you this is feasible. Outside of arenas where you can't use a boost once you commit to your team, you generally can bounce out of a quest to buy a boost and use it. One would think the chronometer would follow a similar logic. But clarification from a mod would be nice.

Some people apparently can't comprehend the question.
  • At one point very early on when they first created Rifts (or Trials, or Modok Labs, whatever), I think it was the case that if you ever left the Quest Map screen for any reason (like checking on your crystals, going to Store, etc), that you might not have been allowed to continue.

But wasn’t this changed by the very next time they made an event like that ?

I don’t think you forfeit the quest (unless you actually do QUIT), or unless they have short Timers associated with the Rift/Trial/Lab which could expire during your absence.

So hopefully will be able to go out, buy the Chronometer, and resume it prior to the Rift Jump Point.

Will just need to wait until 14 days in so you will have built up enough Intel (from Red Ops) before starting to do any Rift quests.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    My thinking is that the portal that allows you to pick your path is behind a gate that requires you to have a chronometer. This would mean that you could buy it after looking at the quest. This could totally be wrong, but is what I think is how they designed it
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

As long as you don't Quit the Quest, yes you can! The Chronometer is just a key that opens a gate to a Portal that allows you to choose a Path.

So as long as I don't 'Quit' the quest, I can go and buy the Chronometer and finish the rift?
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

As long as you don't Quit the Quest, yes you can! The Chronometer is just a key that opens a gate to a Portal that allows you to choose a Path.

Given the spawn.percentages of the items . It is highly possible we never get what item we want and thus be forced to use chronometer on something else and waste a few rifts yes?
  • DeQueueDeQueue Posts: 101
    The chronometer concept is really risky. U have to sacrifice 6 runs prior to buying the chronometer. If the runs after that doesn't have what u exactly need, then all your 6 runs are wasted.
    On the other hand the runs u missed might have ur requirement inside those.

DeQueue said:

The chronometer concept is really risky. U have to sacrifice 6 runs prior to buying the chronometer. If the runs after that doesn't have what u exactly need, then all your 6 runs are wasted.

@DeQueue that's what my question was about - it eliminates some of that risk.

As long as you ensure you have 3K intel at all times, enter a rift with 3k in the bank - if you see something you want go to the store without quitting and purchase a chronometer.

If by the 12th rift you haven't found anything you want, you can buy 6 more rifts with that 3K intel, or 1 more with the chronometer, but run the risk of getting nothing decent.
    My point is after 12 u have to let go 5 & take ur chance in the last one. If there's nothing in the last quest that you were in search of , u lose 5 random rewards u sacrificed
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    DeQueue said:

DeQueue said:

As long as you ensure you have 3K intel at all times, enter a rift with 3k in the bank - if you see something you want go to the store without quitting and purchase a chronometer.

If by the 12th rift you haven't found anything you want, you can buy 6 more rifts with that 3K intel, or 1 more with the chronometer, but run the risk of getting nothing decent.
    My point is after 12 u have to let go 5 & take ur chance in the last one. If there's nothing in the last quest that you were in search of , u lose 5 random rewards u sacrificed
    Yea, I think that's correct. If the RNG is really that poor, you either gamble on rift #13 being the lucky one or say screw it and go for 5 more.
    Amadeo01 said:

DeQueue said:

DeQueue said:

Yea, I think that's correct. If the RNG is really that poor, you either gamble on rift #13 being the lucky one or say screw it and go for 5 more.
    Nope. U won't be able to gamble on 13th. Cz every run empties ur intel vault. U have to let go 13-17 in order to save intels for chronometer, then u can gamble on 18th
    Amadeo01 said:

DeQueue said:

DeQueue said:

Not on 13th but on 18th. Each time u play rift, u spend intels, so after first 12 runs u won't have enough to by chrono. U have to let go 13-17 to buy chrono & ur luck on 18th iteration
    Nvm i thought the rifts refreshes daily. Well collect all intels first then. Get into tifts later
  • Shrev0304Shrev0304 Posts: 10
    I dont think anyone answers the original question? So how do u view the rift to see whats there before actually using this 3000 cost thing?
    I want a cosmic AG and I have to randomly try to get it? What is the point of this option if not being able to see the paths before joining? @Kabam Miike
    Please help
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Shrev0304 said:

I dont think anyone answers the original question? So how do u view the rift to see whats there before actually using this 3000 cost thing?
    I want a cosmic AG and I have to randomly try to get it? What is the point of this option if not being able to see the paths before joining? @Kabam Miike
    Please help

You enter the rift first. If you see the item that you want, you can go to the store at that point to buy the chronometer so that you can choose that reward.
  • Shrev0304 said:

Please help

Enter the Rift Quest, but don’t move anywhere right away.
    Take a look at the map and see what all the rewards are (they are clearly visible, one per portal jump option).
    The 5* Class Awakening Gem will be there plain as day for you to see WHAT class it is.

If it is the one you want, just make sure that you still have enough to go and buy the Chronometer Pak (unless you have already bought it), and then at the very beginning of the Rift Quest is 2 different directions to go.

One path leads to the normal RANDOM Portal, the other path leads to a “YOUR CHOICE” type of Portal (but you need the Chronometer (as a key) to be able to take that path).

We’re gonna have to wait at least 12+ days before we should run any of the Red RIFTS, to make sure we have enough Intel to buy the Chronometer pak.