**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Symbiote Spidey worth a 2016 rank 3->4 Cosmic Gem?

HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★

As you can see, I already have a Hyperion, which leaves me with in my opinion 3 other Champs that are worthy of this gem. Venom, Gamora and possibly Drax.

The main reason I ask this is because I pulled a 5* Stealth Suit Spidey recently and he has a synergy with Symbiote Spidey that allows him to inflict Vulnerability debuffs with his heavy. Do you guys think he is worth rank 4/55 with that synergy if I have Two rank 2016 3->4 Cosmic gems?

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Save for venom and gamora
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Save it for venom or potentially ronan
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    No, Symbiote Spidey is pretty awful.
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Save it for venom or potentially ronan

The thing is I have two rank 3->4 2016 Cosmic gems, so even if I used this one I would still have another to use on Venom.

Nope definitely save for venom

I have two of the same gems, you think it's worth using if I will still have another one left? I don't see myself pulling both Venom and Gamora to use on both.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    If you have one for Venom, I’d say go for it. Do whatever you want to do. It’s your game, after all.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Definitely save for venom and Ronan
    edited April 2020

If you have one for Venom, I’d say go for it. Do whatever you want to do. It’s your game, after all.

Ok I probably will. I was just looking to see if anybody has played him using the synergy, I couldn’t find much gameplay online. The Vulnerability along with his high crit chance just seemed really interesting.

Definitely save for venom and Ronan

But odds are I’m probably not pulling both of them anytime soon. I’ve definitely decided to keep one for Venom but I’m not sure if it’s worth waiting for both, it’s likely they’ll rot in my stash for some time.
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    I'd use it on Symbiote spidey since you already have one saved for venom and Ronan doesn't need to be Rank 4.
    Ycats said:

I'd use it on Symbiote spidey since you already have one saved for venom and Ronan doesn't need to be Rank 4.

As far as I'm aware Ronan needs to be duped in order to do his extended stun right? So even if I did pull him he probably wouldn't be viable still.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Ycats said:

As the owner of an R3 Ronan, I completely agree. It’s not that Ronan wouldn’t hit harder — obviously, he would. But if the stun lock is what you are after, you need sig levels more than higher ranking
    ESF said:

Ycats said:

As the owner of an R3 Ronan, I completely agree. It’s not that Ronan wouldn’t hit harder — obviously, he would. But if the stun lock is what you are after, you need sig levels more than higher ranking
    Yep, so Ronan probably isn't an option, not unless I pull and dupe him somehow in the near future.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Symbiote Spidey is Fun and Underrated, but Venom is Insane (imo one of the best champions in the game).
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Oh I didn't see you said you have 2, then yeah use one on Symbiote Spidey.

He is very underrated, Beastly Crits (has some of the Best Base Attack and Crit Chance Stats of all Champions, also gets Potent Precision Buffs off Basic Attacks), 80 Second Stackable Armor Breaks (works with Despair Mastery and makes him an Emma Frost+Killmonger Counter), unlike regular Spiderman when Duped you can control when he Evades because it's a Passive Timed Effect activated by Specials (also the Stealth Spidey Synergy makes it so you can't Evade while Blocking which includes Parry). Also with the Green Goblin Synergy you get increased Power Gain on every Attack that is a Crit, and again he has crazy high Crit Chance, but none of his Synergies are Required making him a Good Basic Champion that doesn't rely on anyone else to be good *cough cough Blade* jk. 😂