**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW 15.0 does not really support different variation of defenders

arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I'm happy to see a new AW map, the change was needed.
According to the post from Kabam, new map should allow us to use different variations of defenders, but going over the nodes I saw that many nodes designed for specific champions (Tier 2):
51 - unblocable lv1 and 40% physical resistance and limber - This node is only for spider man(miniboss)
53 - power gain 100% - hyperion and magik (miniboss)
55 - immunity and energy resistance - magik (miniboss)
23 - 40% more energy damange - 100% magik

It's only partial list.

I can't see how setting this buffs will allow us to put different variations of minibosses and champs.

P.S - Guys, Please keep this post constructive :)

Comments

• 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    The new aw map is a big mess the nodes are weak except the miniboss nodes and again the usual...id prefer the old aw model with Different Nodes but yeah my 5s kamala khan will be usefull somewhere in that mess i definately will bring my magiks my my juggs my mordos and dormammus after all kabam is all about diversity but keeps using 8 out of 10 of the usual nodes smh
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Do we know if the increased regen by 200% will apply to limbo?
  • Nothing will change on the defender meta

Time to pony up
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    The increased energy damage doesn't apply to limbo. Only energy attacks or energy debuffs that activate during attacks/specials
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The increased energy damage doesn't apply to limbo. Only energy attacks or energy debuffs that activate during attacks/specials

According to Magik's abilities, "Limbo Deals X Energy Damage per second..."
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    magik does energy damage via limbo
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    But in the other thread it clearly stated magiks limbo damage wouldn't be increased by that node
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    arni2 wrote: »

But that's not a debuff or an attack.
    Anyway, a MOD confirmed in the official thread that Magik Limbo would not be affected, but Iceman's coldsnap from special 1 will
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017

Anyway, a MOD confirmed in the official thread that Magik Limbo would not be affected, but Iceman's coldsnap from special 1 will
    While the Iceman part was confirmed, the Magik part wasn't, they just said that limbo "shouldn't be affected", this isn't a definite yes or no.
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Another edit! You specifically mentioned Increased Energy Damage nodes. Please define what will count in that case. Is it attacks only (IM L2, for instance)? Or will it boost damage from Limbo and Coldsnap?

So, this one is a "little from Column A, a little from Column B" situation. Enhanced Energy nodes are only effective on Hit, but also affect anything caused by that hit. So the Coldsnap applied from Iceman's Special 1 will be stronger, but the Coldsnap that begins at the start of a fight with an Awakened Iceman will not.

Limbo shouldn't be affected at all.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »

While the Iceman part was confirmed, the Magik part wasn't, they just said that limbo "shouldn't be affected", this isn't a definite yes or no.
    Another edit! You specifically mentioned Increased Energy Damage nodes. Please define what will count in that case. Is it attacks only (IM L2, for instance)? Or will it boost damage from Limbo and Coldsnap?

So, this one is a "little from Column A, a little from Column B" situation. Enhanced Energy nodes are only effective on Hit, but also affect anything caused by that hit. So the Coldsnap applied from Iceman's Special 1 will be stronger, but the Coldsnap that begins at the start of a fight with an Awakened Iceman will not.

Actually, there's a follow up post in that same thread that states that Limbo is not affected.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

Actually, there's a follow up post in that same thread that states that Limbo is not affected.
    Then I stand corrected.
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    Magiks Limbo is activated by hit is getting triggered by something its not a set act like icemans first coldsnap
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★

Mike, Thank you for your comment. Still there are many node designed for one champion only like unblocable lv1 physical resistance node, stun immune and 20% enhanced abilities, It's only spider man, even not NC.

I'm happy to see a refresh to the map, as I wrote before, but I don't see a lot of diversity here. It's huge amount of power gain nodes, with MD they will be only Magik nodes
  • When will the Mod team finally address the absolute cash grab that is Limbo in this game? Magiks limbo is being multiplied by the health nodes and that was clearly stated with the 12.0 update that, like regen, will not be affected by increased health nodes. Yet a boss Magik in AW will limbo you for almost 1000 health a tic. Is that really how she is intended to work? So much "fun and interactive" content you guys keep dropping on us lol.