**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Human Torch ALL energy hits doesn't heal from Psy.Thorns???

KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
edited May 2020 in General Discussion

Simple question. If ALL of Human Torchs hits are energy. Why doesn't he heal on each hit vs Psy.Thorns 3? He's healing from SPs but it doesn't say only from SP energy attacks. Or is this another glitch in Kabams favor that will get ignored or take forever to be acknowledged & "fixed",....especially in AWar where every a.bonus matters & the "new & improved" AW specific items cost more. Lol #WhyAlliesH8AWar

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,137 ★★★★★

HT still makes contact though. Best to use someone like Omega that doesn’t make contact

Omegas makes concat to.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,758 ★★★★★
    I'll quote what I explained in a previous thread

The node deals damage if you hit the opponent with a physical contact attack

So this is divided in 3x parts:
    - First, it need to be an attack. This includes medium, lights, heavy's and special attacks. Damage over time, direct damage, etc, that are not considered attacks, will bypass it.
    - Second, it need to be an attack that makes contact. So, projectile attacks (attacks that don't make contact) will bypass the node as well.
    - And third, it needs to be a physical attack. Meaning that energy attacks will bypass the node as well.

So counters for the node are:
    - Character's that deal energy attacks in their combo's. This includes symbiote supreme, magneto, human torch for example
    - Character's that have projectile attacks in their kit. This includes Havoc (medium attacks only), Yondu (yaka arrow attacks only), Ebony Maw (first medium), for example.
    - Character's that deal damage over time damage, not realying on attacks. An example would be Quake, that doesn't need to attack the opponent.
  • Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 339 ★★
    This node is not a physical vs energy attack issue. It’s whether or not the attacker touches the defender during the attack. Sym, magneto and HT all make contact and will therefore take damage during their basic attacks. Some of their specials are non contact and will heal instead of damage. This is enough to keep you alive before tier5. After tier 5, the damage vs heal % don’t balance out, so relying only on specials usually will not keep you alive. IMIW, Domini, Havoc and Quake are the best champs for this path. Hyperion sp1 span works as well.
  • DevilMayCryDevilMayCry Posts: 77

HT still makes contact though. Best to use someone like Omega that doesn’t make contact

You are partially correct. Omega does make contact with his tentacle attack (medium,heavy, specials)

But he takes 100% less damage from physical contact. So if someone does only parry heavy with only medium omega don't takes any damage. That is why he is good against electro, korg....

But since these are contact attacks he doesn't heal from psychic thorn as well like other non contact counters
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    Crumb3307 said:

Absolutely no reason IMIW should be dead on that path. Get better at the game, improve your reading comprehension skills, and stop blaming Kabam for your downfalls.

That's funny, u must be perfect, not get annoyed & never make any mistakes. Ha Asking this ? for clarity bc there's been so many other "bugs" in AW. U don't know who the prior AWDefender/D.Tactic was. Nor the fact that after HT wasn't healing, wanted to test IWIM to see if it was same for him. So maybe gather more info before making "ur inferior" comments. Nothing to do w/reading node,...thought ALL HTs attacks were non-contact/energy,...just like the header & question asks. Maybe u should read those before replying. Thx
    edited May 2020
    @Voltolos @UmbertoDelRio @May_The_Way @DevilMayCry thanks for clarifying & explaining. I thought all of HTs attacks were non-contact. I screwed up when saw he wasn't healing & got wrecked, then again testing if IWIM was doing the same.
    @will-o-wisp Don't yaka arrows & many other projectiles still make contact? Even most gun shots have a bullet or projectile that hits. The node description says physical vs non-contact attacks. Shouldn't it say physical vs non-contact & projectile attacks then? Just want to confirm exactly so it doesn't happen again. Thx
    edited May 2020

@will-o-wisp thx too. Don't yaka arrows & many other projectiles still making contact? The node description says physical vs non contact attacks?

Projectiles, in general, are non-contact attacks. No projectile makes contact with the opponent.

For the node: You will NOT take damage from energy attacks. And you WILL heal from projectile attacks.
    You WILL take damage from attacks that are both physical and make contact with the opponent.
    edited May 2020
    @will-o-wisp to clarify, they'll still heal from non-contact energy attacks that deal damage, just not DOT nova flames though, right?

@will-o-wisp to clarify, they'll still heal from non-contact energy attacks that deal damage, just not DOT nova flames though, right?

Non-contact attacks that deal energy damage will heal the attacker, since it is a non-contact attack which is the requirement for the node.

Nova flames or any DoT are not attacks. It's just damage.
    If they aren't attacks, they will normally inflict damage on the defender without interacting with the node
    edited May 2020

Just saying according to HTs description it would make sense that his attacks that deal energy not physical damage are "non-contact". I get that uall are explaining it's not about the type of damage, but that it's physical vs non-contact attacks,...but it's fair to think that doesn't make sense. Whatever,...shouldn't take so much to figure this stuff out. Lol
    @will-o-wisp appreciate ur constructive explanation,...helps make more sense with the Psy.Thorns node & what kind of attacks heal from it. Thx
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    lol i saw this before i went up against this node in war with MY HT. This does make it more clear now thx for bringing this up
    edited May 2020

lol i saw this before i went up against this node in war with MY HT. This does make it more clear now thx for bringing this up

Good to know I'm not the only one. Lol Glad it could help u from not making the same mistake. :blush: