**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Super Confused, Please suggest which 5* mutant to R5 and use class AG

MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
edited May 2020 in Strategy and Tips

I am planning to use my Mutant AG, and R5 a mutant champion ( my second R5 champion). I am really confused between OR, Archangel and Namor. I
can take them upto sig 120. Whom should i R5 and use AG on? I also have an already awakened Colossus. I don't intend to wait for Domino/Havoc/ Sunspot or else I'll just keep waiting.
P.S: I don't Run Suicide and mostly likely won't be running them and yet i am very inclined towards R5 OR.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 628 ★★★
    Omega Red for suicides mastery Otherwise a
    NAMOR with max sig
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Omega
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I think Omega, Iceman, Namor, and Archangel are all reasonable choices. I don't think Omega needs suicides, although it helps. Namor really wants max sig: if you intend to eventually pour sig stones into him he's an excellent choice. Iceman and AA are sort of opposites: AA is immune to a lot, AA is super effective against things without immunities.

I'll just toss in there that you should at least consider Colossus in the mix. Colossus is a multi-immune like Iceman - bleed, incinerate, and coldsnap/frostbite. But he has a lot more damage potential and he also has the modern immunity twist that he is not only immune to effects he benefits from them (he gains armor stacks when hit by effects he's immune to). Depending on what kinds of content you're doing or what kinds of fights give you the most trouble, he might be a viable option. Good counter against champs like Havok and Mephisto, good in Incursions, good against some troublesome nodes like Biohazard or Backblast. His bag of tricks can get some decent mileage.

I'd *probably* go either Namor or OR, but I think it is a close call between these.
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Omega red if you have the sig stones namor or aa are probably your best options
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    I have Omega at 5/65 sig 170, but I run suicides and take a 3/45 sabertooth everywhere with him. That combination makes him absolutely phenomenal (high sig, suicides and sabertooth).

So much so, that it's probably made me a worse player as he kills enemies so quickly in anything bar variant and act 6 content. But.... Without suicides and sabertooth, he is not the same in my view.

My next 5/65 mutant, will be collosus and I have duped 5* domino (with 5* rulk to go with her) at 3/45 and she may not see higher for a long time.

Collosus is simply that good. So I'd second @DNA3000 and say you should really give collosus a look, especially if you don't intend to run suicides and if you can time parry well. Watch some videos of people like kt1 on him.

But you are spoilt for choice! Omega, Iceman, namor, AA, collosus. You can even throw in oml and sabertooth.

Absolutely cracking mutant roster. Good luck!
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    I would be on the Colossus train. I have all of those except Namor so I can’t comment on him, but I use Colossus everywhere. He is an absolute MVP for Act 6 for me. Have OR at R5 also, AA and Iceman at R4.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Either Omega or Colossus
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I have all these champs as 5* duped and my OR is sig 200. He is the best if you run suicides... Better than Namor.

If you don't intend to, then i would either go with either Colossus or AA. Colossus can do more damage than AA & also has immunity. AA has bleed and poison which can come handy. Do you already have an immune champ? What you want is a mix team and not all of the same thing.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Either Namor or AA because I'm assuming you're not running suicides. Both of their utilities revolve around their sig ability to be a decent level so you can choose either one and get far in content. Keep in mind though AA can't be used against either bleed or poison immune but Namor's only weakness are robots.
  • MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
    @DNA3000 @Moosetiptronic @Fallencircus i was anticipating that someone will suggest Colossus.. He does have additional immunities. Guess need to watch some videos on youtube. Thanks for the advice really appreciate. OR, Archangel and Colossus suits my play style. Since majority of the new champion have either Poison or Bleed Immunity so archangel might not be that viable. Guess need to make final call between OR and Colossus. will be attempting act 6 after this specific Rank up

@Larry_Bobinskin i have a 5* Corvus (R5), Hyperion and Cap Marvel Movie (R4). Iceman is the only champion with double immunity. I also have ghost at r3, but i am an average player so still learning to use her. So i do need a champ at R5 with atleast double immunity and i am not intending to take Iceman to R5.. Guess you are right it's either Colossus or OR. I am still shipping OR because i am really confused if he iwill be a God tier even without suicide mastery and at sig 120
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Can someone please elaborate on why Omega without suicides is not worth investing in? Somehow suicides became the fundamental must have and not just high sig. Sig 200 Omega still beats all the other mutants, with or without suicides.
    @Stellan because with suicides on, he starts dealing damage from the word Go. But that's where my confusion lies, he might kill opponent bit slowly but he will assist greatly in saving potions due to his healing ability.. I've never run suicide so no idea how good or bad he is without them. On youtube too I've noticed people dealing insaan damage with him have suicide on
    edited May 2020
    @Stellan as @MadEyeMoody_333 mentions, it is mainly the damage.

With bleed on you at the start, you activate the death field from the off, with a heavy and just hitting into block enough to chew through 40k health in around 15 seconds with sabertooth synergy - you can't get to one bar of power. The death field helps that much.

Also if you have willpower maxed, you are effectively healing 0.6 health per second while bleed is up (0.7 from willpower, minus 10% of the double edge bleed damage, about 0.1%, for net 0.6%). More if you run the other healing masteries. I have 3/3 recovery and willpower, only 2 in double edge for a 12 second bleed and 3 in LC. That means I passively heal 8% health, roughly at the start of every fight. Omega takes 0 poison damage and heals from the bleed due to willpower.

Often in the final level of uncollected, I can only just get off an sp1 as the killing blow on 60k+ health enemies, they die that fast.

If you don't have suicides, not only do you deal less damage, you passively heal less. On the flip side, it does allow for slower paced play, you get to spam sp2 more (which hits you with recoil under suicides), but the damage output under suicides is simply that much greater.
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    I understand that suicides greatly benefits Omega, but the question I'm raising is more why suicides is talked about as a fundamental factor that solely determines whether Omega is worth investing in or not. I feel he's being underrated without suicides and that the primary focus should be on sig level to determine his worth.
    @Stellan I guess it's because full suicides with willpower gives 60% extra damage, with 10% free heal at the start of every fight, plus huge increase in death field damage over the first 16 seconds of the fight.

Who doesn't want a free 10% heal, plus tons of extra damage?

He is still amazing without them and you only need to get to sp2 to unlock amazing damage with him, without suicides. It's just you heal less in shorter fights and do less damage.

He's still effectively double immune, still does funny levels of damage, can still heal and still have other utility.

It's simply that suicides takes him to another level.
    @Seatin could you suggest plz..?
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    @MadEyeMoody_333 If you're expecting Seatin to comment on every thread that mentions him, you'd be sadly mistaken... Also, not to mention he's not a regular player that plays without spending $100 a week. Listen to the people in the thread, they know what they're talking about. Weigh the pros and cons of each decision. OR has immense damage duped as well as unblockable tentacles (sometimes). Namor has incredible damage reflection that makes him an amazing thorns counter, suicides champion, etc. Archangel has heal block and AAR but relies on the opponent being able to both be bleed susceptible and poison susceptible. I would say the top 3 for R5 in order (imo) would be OR, Namor, and Colossus. I feel like OR and Namor have more use as R5 duped in higher end content than Colossus does.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Archangel is outrageously good with an awakening
    @DarkEternity was just trying my luck buddy.. I did read every comment and kind of made up my mind of ranking OR and R5 and since i have few extra catalyst i will take Colossus to r4. Thanks 😊
    Thanks everyone for Your comments, helped me a lot to take the decision.
    I'll be taking OR to R5, but I've also seen few videos on youtube on Colossus and then used him in few quest at R2 and his damage output was insane.. So I'll be taking him up to R4. Archangel I'll rank up if I'll be able to dupe him naturally. The only reason for not ranking Namor is he takes time to build upto 28/29 outrage plus i can take sig lvl upto 120 only, where OR would be much better as compare to Namor.
    Thanks again to ALL of you for feedback, specially @DNA3000 , @Moosetiptronic and @Stellan