**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mcoc on iPhone SE (2020 version)

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
I’m looking into buying a new phone and I’m considering this since it’s a lot cheaper than other iPhones, I currently play on the 7 and it’s beginning to lag with new chanp releases, and I’m wondering if anyone has experience using the se with Mcoc and how it runs on it

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    on paper, it should be perfect. It has the same processor as the 11(a13), which means that it should preform the same as it, and at least on par, or maybe even better than the s20. It has the body of the 8 though, which may be a bit small for some
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    I’m can never play one smail phone but shuld play it fair
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It should be fine. It's their "economical" version.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    The processor is probably fine but it's a bit smaller than other phones
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    I’m in the same situation thinking about upgrading from the 7 to se 2020. I’d like to hear how much improved it is too from someone that has one
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    EgretM4 said:

I’m in the same situation thinking about upgrading from the 7 to se 2020. I’d like to hear how much improved it is too from someone that has one

Yeah, I want to make sure that the ‘on paper’ is actually how it is because Mcoc is optimised differently so a faster processor doesn’t necessarily mean faster mcoc
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I’ve already ordered it and it should be here within a week or so. I’ll let you know how it performs. I’m currently running the 6

I’ve already ordered it and it should be here within a week or so. I’ll let you know how it performs. I’m currently running the 6

Thanks
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    Wait for some more reviews I’d say, few days ago I read about latest se from Apple, that it behaves like had underclocked/ limited chip, can’t remember where it was tho, try to search yt/ google,personally I’m on Xs now, not planning to change it atm,se has newest chip, just why it’s still cheaper than older models ,don’t know.

Wait for some more reviews I’d say, few days ago I read about latest se from Apple, that it behaves like had underclocked/ limited chip, can’t remember where it was tho, try to search yt/ google,personally I’m on Xs now, not planning to change it atm,se has newest chip, just why it’s still cheaper than older models ,don’t know.

People were saying the battery and touchscreen tech weren’t up to iPhone 11 standards and it’s obviously smaller which I’m assuming is why it’s cheaper, but it’s still be an upgrade from my 7 either way
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    The performance will be good as it has the latest apple chipset but imo is painful to play at that screen size i would prefer spend a little more for an iphone xr or iphone 11 = ) also the battery is a nightmare which is important to play, and as someone already said the performance even when it have the same processor as iphone 11 isn't the same, so is up to u, will it goes as fast as iphone's 11 generation? NO, but Marvel Contentt will run good enough, is up to u if u are ok with that 2016 design and bad battery /screen size, i would go for another android of that price which will be way better if the OS isn't a problem for u
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I’m curious myself, playing on the Older SE myself (the 5s shaped one) and the game runs fine for me, I’d like to hope then that the newer one will work just fine too but you never know.
    Aaronc94 said:

The performance will be good as it has the latest apple chipset but imo is painful to play at that screen size i would prefer spend a little more for an iphone xr or iphone 11 = ) also the battery is a nightmare which is important to play, and as someone already said the performance even when it have the same processor as iphone 11 isn't the same, so is up to u, will it goes as fast as iphone's 11 generation? NO, but Marvel Contentt will run good enough, is up to u if u are ok with that 2016 design and bad battery /screen size, i would go for another android of that price which will be way better if the OS isn't a problem for u

From what I read, the battery is fine. They suggest investing in a better charger.
  • Kayser2705Kayser2705 Posts: 96
    I got the new iPhone se and the game runs very smooth, I have one week playing every day and no issues of any kind, is super fast compared with my old one (iPhone 6), I really recommend it!
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★

Aaronc94 said:

From what I read, the battery is fine. They suggest investing in a better charger.
    maybe is fine for someone who has never experienced a fast charge and a recent iphone, if u come from an iphone 8 (not plus) or older u'll think is fine, it have less than 2000 mah which is really bad for today standards

I got the new iPhone se and the game runs very smooth, I have one week playing every day and no issues of any kind, is super fast compared with my old one (iPhone 6), I really recommend it!

Is the screen awkward at all being so small? Like do you find yourself fat fingering nodes and missing them or missing the special button more? Or do you get used to it @Kayser2705
  • deepblack12deepblack12 Posts: 229 ★★
    Remember that the new SE will have 3gb of ram and it is the only downside of it. Other than that the game would probably run very smooth for a very long time with that a13 chip.
  • DeckardDeckard Posts: 31
    I play on 2020 version of iSE.
    Go for it.
  • Kayser2705Kayser2705 Posts: 96
    Lvernon15 said:

Is the screen awkward at all being so small? Like do you find yourself fat fingering nodes and missing them or missing the special button more? Or do you get used to it @Kayser2705
    Honestly for me is the same because my old phone (iphone 6) and this new SE have the same screen size so I’m very used to this screen size
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Remember that the new SE will have 3gb of ram and it is the only downside of it. Other than that the game would probably run very smooth for a very long time with that a13 chip.

3gb of ram is still better than the laughable 2gb's on the iphone 8. The 11 has 4, but it costs something like 600 more.
    Ok, so my SE came today. And my god the difference is staggering. I switched from a 6 so the size isn't an issue but it genuinely took about 3 seconds of loading time from fight to fight, down from about 20 seconds. I couldn't stop smiling. Would highly recommend @Lvernon15

Ok, so my SE came today. And my god the difference is staggering. I switched from a 6 so the size isn't an issue but it genuinely took about 3 seconds of loading time from fight to fight, down from about 20 seconds. I couldn't stop smiling. Would highly recommend @Lvernon15

Thanks
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    @Deckard @Lvernon15 @Rockypantherx , sorry to revive this old post. But just wondering if you guys still play on the SE 2020. Also looking into this phone (Or iphone XR maybe) as those are within my budget.
    My only concern is the battery. If you play the game, how long do you recon you can play starting from a full charge?
    I usually play 3 hours straight.
    And roughly how long does it take the battery to recharge?
    Does the game still run smooth on it?

@Deckard @Lvernon15 @Rockypantherx , sorry to revive this old post. But just wondering if you guys still play on the SE 2020. Also looking into this phone (Or iphone XR maybe) as those are within my budget.
    My only concern is the battery. If you play the game, how long do you recon you can play starting from a full charge?

Game is still pretty smooth, loading times have slowed down marginally, but it remains pretty great

A full charge will last me about 3/4 hours on data I reckon, although I’ll admit I’ve never checked it.

The battery recharges pretty quickly, probably around 45-60 minutes for a full charge
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Game is still pretty smooth, loading times have slowed down marginally, but it remains pretty great

A full charge will last me about 3/4 hours on data I reckon, although I’ll admit I’ve never checked it.

The battery recharges pretty quickly, probably around 45-60 minutes for a full charge
    I’d agree with most of that, though I also don’t check the battery usage and I don’t use it when arena grinding. I just use my old phone for any significant grinding as the battery on that is already dead.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Thnx. Will take that into my consideration. Was also looking at the ipad 2020, ipad mini and Iphone Xr because of the screen and battery. But since all have older chips I`m a little more hesitant about the longevity.