**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Incoming Hijacked Transmission... What does it mean? [Merged Threads]

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
So I have fought platpool and got 25,000 gold in the forbidden crystal thinking that was it. Then, outta nowhere a message came in saying that the fight was only at 1% of his power and he was barely trying. I’m exited and want some of your take on what you think is going to happen.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99
    Is there a reason certain phrases are in orange in the incoming hijacked transmission mail after defeating platpool? Could there be a hidden message or riddle? Or am i just too bored.......
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m assuming they’ll build up to mean something, but only kabam know what it’s about as if rn
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    given the drop rate of Goldpool, that's probably the case.
  • J_MadroxJ_Madrox Posts: 6
    Second win orange text:
    "You would have to break me into pieces just to handle me"

I feel like not opening anymore platinum pool crystals...because if you need to exchange 100 against a platinum pool, man I'm miss 2 and can only hoard 16...thoughts ?

Let's keep this thread living with updated tips guys.
  • ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99
    I dont think it makes sense to hoard, we can only save like 18 total anyway, additionally kabam is apparently anti-hoarding so doubful that they would purposely do a hoard event. I've also realised that this is unlikely bcuz he isnt in the "unowned" section of the champion screen like when a new playable champ is usually. Still have hope that it's an easter egg tho
  • Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 338 ★★
    Unless they’re upgrading the crystals each time, I doubt he drops from the crystal, someone would have gotten and posted by now. He’s also still not in the collection sort in the champ list.
    For those who’ve fought him twice, was he stronger the second time, think mine in epic was only like 5k PI.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

it's just deadpool playing a prank on you. ignore him

Maybe your right... but maybe play pool?!

Sometimes a message is just a message, and doesn’t necessarily point towards anything else. This is a Deadpool we’re dealing with after all. Personally I thought it was just a joke reference to the Shagyy/1% meme.

Whilst I’d love a surprise Platinumpool event as much as the next person, letting speculation and wild theories run amok will more than likely lead to disappointment, and people inexplicably blaming Kabam for ‘over-hyping’ something.

😕
    Probably right
    Here I want to price together the messages platpool is sending is you have beaten him a lot post a picture here. ;)

I’ve beat him twice
    Waiting for the third message
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    J_Madrox said:

Second win orange text:

I feel like not opening anymore platinum pool crystals...because if you need to exchange 100 against a platinum pool, man I'm miss 2 and can only hoard 16...thoughts ?

How can you get these crystals? Do you have to complete rifts?
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Arham1 said:

J_Madrox said:

Second win orange text:

How can you get these crystals? Do you have to complete rifts?
    I think there's a chance that you get ambushed by Platinumpool in the rifts, you get a crystal if you defeat him.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Aayush19 said:

What was his pi the second time at epic?

Same.
    edited May 2020
    Keep forgetting to check but nothing significant

Aayush19 said:

What was his pi the second time at epic?

Same.
    Thinking that when you fight him five times he will give you something special
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No I meant I ran it and it was the same. Lol.

No I meant I ran it and it was the same. Lol.

Ohh lol
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    From the “break me into 5 pieces” and “an arm and a leg”; I’m guessing there will be something like 5 cards of Platinumpool (like the Yugioh thing), with an arm and a leg being 2 of those. It fits into Platpool’s uses of cards in his abilities too
    edited May 2020

From the “break me into 5 pieces” and “an arm and a leg”; I’m guessing there will be something like 5 cards of Platinumpool (like the Yugioh thing), with an arm and a leg being 2 of those. It fits into Platpool’s uses of cards in his abilities too

When did he mention an arm and a leg?
    Edit: where are you going with this I don’t know much about Yugioh.