**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game Outage - May 3

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

milomike said:

milomike said:

Y’all have 24 hours to complete war.... Don’t wait until the last minute to try and complete. Finished about 10 hours ago.

If this war ends up not counting, I just want my paid for boosts and potions returned to my inventory.

Do you know what time zones are?
    Funny you mention that. I’m the only American in a mostly Japanese BG... the time zone thing doesn’t seem to affect us one bit. Next invalid argument? 24 hours is more than enough to finish war. Period.
    So you really don't understand the concept at all? Thanks for clearing that up.
    To help you since you already cleared it up

🙂 consider talking about something you understand
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Hey all, we're sorry for the inconvenience of this downtime. We are aware of the issue, have a fix in place, and will be coming out of Maintenance right now.

Thank you for your patience.

You say there's "a fix in place", but is there some compensation in place as well. This happens far too often, and it's even worse now that it is at the end of the AW season when alliances are pushing to get to their season goals. There honestly better be some compensation coming out of this because my alliance, among others, are going to be screwed because we needed these last few hours in AW.
  • milomikemilomike Posts: 92

milomike said:

milomike said:

Y’all have 24 hours to complete war.... Don’t wait until the last minute to try and complete. Finished about 10 hours ago.

If this war ends up not counting, I just want my paid for boosts and potions returned to my inventory.

Funny you mention that. I’m the only American in a mostly Japanese BG... the time zone thing doesn’t seem to affect us one bit. Next invalid argument? 24 hours is more than enough to finish war. Period.
    I understand the concept of having 24 (TWENTY FOUR) hours to start and finish war.

My bg is literally half a day ahead of me. We finished 11 hours before end of war. Literally, there’s no further discussion to be had here. Time zones shouldn’t affect your outcome. If they are, maybe you should reconsider your strategy, your alliance and members, try waking up an hour earlier; the list could go on and on. For the third or forth time, 24 hours is more than enough to finish war. Especially when the world is on lockdown 😂
    milomike said:

milomike said:

milomike said:

I understand the concept of having 24 (TWENTY FOUR) hours to start and finish war.

My bg is literally half a day ahead of me. We finished 11 hours before end of war. Literally, there’s no further discussion to be had here. Time zones shouldn’t affect your outcome. If they are, maybe you should reconsider your strategy, your alliance and members, try waking up an hour earlier; the list could go on and on. For the third or forth time, 24 hours is more than enough to finish war. Especially when the world is on lockdown 😂
    You still don’t seem to understand the concept consider looking up the definition of time zones please

There's no question that server outages affect people differently, but it's more a question of prolonged effects. If the game is back up in a relatively short amount of time, it's not always necessary.

But it is the end of the AW season. Alliances are pushing to that next tier to maybe push for better rewards. Every minute counts.

We better get compensation for this. It's literally the END of the war season, and now we may have lost our war placement. This is honestly so infuriating.

Perhaps, but no one else was fighting during that time either, so nothing was moving on the board.
    Ok but there's 24 hours for an attack phase during a war. That is 24 hours to strategize with your alliance to try to win the war. Different alliances have different tactics, and losing these last few hours have practically screwed over our tactics.
    In my opinion we should get a chronometer for this
    Time zones
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    If this war doesn't count I'm gonna loose it. We used so much stuff and effort and managed to win a super tough war which now secured higher season rewards. I will personally fly to Vancouver and take a s h i t on a very specific place if this war doesn't count.
  • hawk34hawk34 Posts: 41
    edited May 2020

We better get compensation for this. It's literally the END of the war season, and now we may have lost our war placement. This is honestly so infuriating.

Perhaps, but no one else was fighting during that time either, so nothing was moving on the board.
    No one else was fighting, true. Alliances were, however, moving on the board...
    We were waiting on one of the dudes who usually comes online around this time to clear the last link so that we could take the last boss.
    Our opponents, on the other hand, were already done with all their bgs.
    If we took the boss, even without any attack bonus we would have won.
    Unfortunately, the war ended right after we came out of maintenance so we ended up losing.
    While I don't care about compensation because I know we coulda done the boss earlier, just trying to say that this definitely affected the board...
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited May 2020
    It was a miracle, the other team gave up and we won lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I'm not going into this too deep, but just try to understand time zones for a second, mate.

One alliance in this time zone could already be finished, while the other alliance in that time zone must rely on doing their part in the last couple hours.

Alliances don't get matched in consideration of their respective time zones, so no this absolutely does not impact all alliances equally.
    I understand Time Zones. I also understand that placements are the same as an Arena. You earn what you score on the board relative to what everyone else puts up. If no one is moving because the game is down, no one is gaining or losing anything.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I'm not going into this too deep, but just try to understand time zones for a second, mate.

One alliance in this time zone could already be finished, while the other alliance in that time zone must rely on doing their part in the last couple hours.

Alliances don't get matched in consideration of their respective time zones, so no this absolutely does not impact all alliances equally.
    I understand Time Zones. I also understand that placements are the same as an Arena. You earn what you score on the board relative to what everyone else puts up. If no one is moving because the game is down, no one is gaining or losing anything.
    The other alliance might have a time zone suited to an early finish compared to yours which is affected by the timer, yes it works both ways where your opponent could be the unlucky one, but there are still wars where 1 ally suffers a lot more than the other
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Is the game still down in certain area or on certain devices? Still can't log in. But I can definitely get on other games and YouTube just fine. Doesnt matter if I'm on wifi or not.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

The other alliance might have a time zone suited to an early finish compared to yours which is affected by the timer, yes it works both ways where your opponent could be the unlucky one, but there are still wars where 1 ally suffers a lot more than the other
    That type of advantage is uncontrollable. That all depends on who lives where, and who has time to advance first. In terms of the half an hour that the game is down, which is the effect we're talking about, no one moves. No one gains any Points for that half an hour.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Please delete last wars for all. Lose because of that...
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    milomike said:

There are always people like this when something like this happens. It's a completely unnecessary comment to make. Try to think outside of your own experience and realize there are people playing all over the world and often with mixed timezones playing together. Some people work long hours and can only play during a specific time during a scheduled break. If the game is down during their break..rip.
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    milomike said:

milomike said:

milomike said:

May seem like everyone in your world is on lockdown but in reality not everyone has that chance. There are those deemed essential that has to work.
  • ShawnthemonShawnthemon Posts: 21
    They can't cancel the last wars. A lot of alliances poured items and boosts into it. The maintenance did screw one of our bgs out of a boss clear but life happens. There should be some sort of compensation as many alliances probably had to rush and use extra items at the end.

In the end emergency maintenance like this shouldn't happen. Kabam knows the schedule and I can't think of a bug big enough to shut down the game at the end of the penultimate war.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    So what is hpening? Still cant log in in over 1hr...

• sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142

So what is hpening? Still cant log in in over 1hr...

Kabam servers has COVID-19
  • kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★
    milomike said:

milomike said:

milomike said:

Okay let's be clear. Most of us actually sitting 9 hrs in Work From Home conditions. So no, we don't just have the time to hop in anytime and play as demanded. Also, expecting someone with family and real life commitments to alter their sleep schedule just so they can finish a game mode much before than the alloted time so that we aren't screwed by the company's mistake is ridiculous.

Secondly, you finish 12 hours before. Cool. You don't need compensation. Then don't comment here. If I'm given 24 hrs by Kabam, I deserve those full 24 hours. Whether I play the first 3 hrs, or the last 3 hours. And if I don't get those full 24 hours, I'm entitled to raise my issue and complaints without having someone come and tell me to play differently.
  • Mangas2Mangas2 Posts: 32
    Simple fix reinstate the time the game goes down. If you have 24 hours allocated to war or AQ you should get that. If game goes down for 30 minutes give everyone that extra time. It’s the only fair thing to do. At least at that it’s more on the alliances than on Kabam. But to take away time due to servers and have people’s items wasted that’s all on Kabam. It’s not the first time it has happened it’s not the last. But give us our allotted time and let results be based on the alliances skill and strategy. If you can’t do that then bump every alliance up on rank Season rewards. Case closed.
This discussion has been closed.