**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Punisher

Comments

• Legendary_GattoLegendary_Gatto Posts: 83
    edited September 2017
    Hey All,

We're having the team look into this. We'll let you know if there's any information to share.

Let us updated, i opened almost 1M battlechips when the uncollected arena crystal was first introduced, than i think over another million during the lapse of time from that day to yesterday before maintenance
    Not mentioning that after day 1 those crystal are no more giving same units drop, i'm literally upset that the most desired prize of those crystals was not obtainable
    Please look for a possible solution
    Thanks for take your time to check this thing
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I opened about a million worth on day 1, then after @Kabam Miike said 70 people had pulled him I continued to open them. I really think we need an explanation here and not just some cover-up
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It doesn't necessarily mean he was added late. It could be that they pulled him then. It is possible that people roiled him and didn't post it to Reddit. It's also possible they just pulled him now. Just being Devil's Advocate. Sometimes we can be too quick to jump to conspiracy.
    It is possible that he was added when the Crystal was released. That's all I'm saying. People jump to conclusions when it doesn't even make sense to keep him out of it. Unless there was some mistake, which is always possible. We will have to wait and hear back. The point I'm trying to make is just because we haven't heard of anyone pulling him doesn't mean he wasn't added. He's rare. The suspicion has been floating around since the release of the Crystal, and there's nothing to base that on other than RNG.
    SubTypical wrote: »
    My guess is that @Kabam Miike wasn't lying (intentionally) when he said 70ish were pulled within the first few hours. We know from this statement that they're able to pull reports on various pulls.

So the back-end reporting was giving that information. But I do think that the information was wrong; I think the coding was bad, and what should have been a 5* pull (and was getting reported this way) was actually only rewarding the 4* version.

If that many were actually rewarded within the first few hours, SOMEONE (maybe not the actual person, but someone from their alliance) would have posted something that would have circulated Line, reddit, etc. But nothing did, because no one actually got a 5* until after maintenance.

This is what my money is on, but I highly doubt we'll get a full admission if this is the case, because there's likely no way for Kabam to fix this for everyone because there were just way too many crystals opened.

That's under the assumption that whoever pulled him is circulating that information on those channels. It's RNG. Pretty much the same as how often we pull a 4* from PHC, although I don't know the actual numbers. Just giving a point of reference. Sometimes we go months without them. He's likely as rare as the 4* is in the regular Crystal. Word-of-mouth is not exactly a reliable source for a few weeks sample size. People who have access to said Crystals are everyone who has finished 5.2, and that is not an automatic indication we will hear about it on Reddit or Line, or that they feel the need to broadcast it for that matter.
  • SubTypicalSubTypical Posts: 64
    My guess is that @Kabam Miike wasn't lying (intentionally) when he said 70ish were pulled within the first few hours. We know from this statement that they're able to pull reports on various pulls.

So the back-end reporting was giving that information. But I do think that the information was wrong; I think the coding was bad, and what should have been a 5* pull (and was getting reported this way) was actually only rewarding the 4* version.

If that many were actually rewarded within the first few hours, SOMEONE (maybe not the actual person, but someone from their alliance) would have posted something that would have circulated Line, reddit, etc. But nothing did, because no one actually got a 5* until after maintenance.

This is what my money is on, but I highly doubt we'll get a full admission if this is the case, because there's likely no way for Kabam to fix this for everyone because there were just way too many crystals opened.

That's under the assumption that whoever pulled him is circulating that information on those channels. It's RNG. Pretty much the same as how often we pull a 4* from PHC, although I don't know the actual numbers. Just giving a point of reference. Sometimes we go months without them. He's likely as rare as the 4* is in the regular Crystal. Word-of-mouth is not exactly a reliable source for a few weeks sample size. People who have access to said Crystals are everyone who has finished 5.2, and that is not an automatic indication we will hear about it on Reddit or Line, or that they feel the need to broadcast it for that matter.

If 70 were pulled within the first few hours, thousands would have been pulled by now. Even if the person that pulled him wouldn't broadcast, someone from their alliance would have captured a screenshot showing that someone in their alliance pulled one. Something would have been legitimately posted.
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    I opened over a 100 uncollected crystals last month... Would be really disappointing if I had reduced odds of getting that 5-star Punisher, especially seeing the number of 4-star punishers that dropped in our alliance
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    If it turns out to be a case of the game reporting 5* pulls, but actually rewarding something else, I would hope they would be able to go back and look at each reported 5* pull and see which players pulled the "5* Punisher". If that's something they can do, they could just give 5* Punisher to the players that should've gotten him and that would be a fair fix.
    edited September 2017

If 70 were pulled within the first few hours, thousands would have been pulled by now. Even if the person that pulled him wouldn't broadcast, someone from their alliance would have captured a screenshot showing that someone in their alliance pulled one. Something would have been legitimately posted.

If their internal statistics say that 70 pulled him, I'm more apt to believe that than Reddit. What we have is circumstantial evidence. 2 people pulled him after Maintenance, most likely because that's when they waited to open their Crystals in anticipation of the new 5*'s. Most commonly, people open them in batches along with other Crystals. I have no idea why 70 did in the first hour, but think of how often we see a 4* Punisher pulled from the other Crystal. I will wait to hear what the team says, but it feels like conclusions to me. There is nothing concrete to base it on other than "Bragger's Rights", or the lack thereof. Just an air of suspicion generated because no one on those channels reported getting him yet.
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    It doesn't necessarily mean he was added late. It could be that they pulled him then. It is possible that people roiled him and didn't post it to Reddit. It's also possible they just pulled him now. Just being Devil's Advocate. Sometimes we can be too quick to jump to conspiracy.

I know you don't have an "uncollected" title but have you gotten your Kabam title yet?

There are few more of them always try to prove kabam is never wrong saint like, even if kabam's officials says " sorry we messed up".

• Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    That's great to hear that you are looking into it. This reminded me of that new years crystal(I think) that was supposed to have all the featured champs in it but didn't and everyone realized it after no one pulled those champs.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    Ohhhh busted. I opened close to 100 myself.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    There is no looking into it. Either the update fixed it or it didn't. They know this answer. Saying you are looking into it might as well be, yes he wasn't there, no we won't admit it
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    You kinda wonder if they screwed this up high I believe they did. how many other un reported screw ups have they done. I mean when the dorm 5* feàtured crystal came out. I tried 5 and missed. Maybe they messed that up first 10 minutes. Who knows. Again all
    Speculation but we know their track record of screw ups
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Well. I'm in a very large alliance and I can tell you no one has pulled him yet and there were a lot of people who tried. I had my doubts he existed the first couple of days because of this.
This discussion has been closed.