**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

1million battlechips in 18 days

OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
With my alliance we started a race to get to 1mil battlechips, all starting from zero on Monday 23rd March. It was a good idea for killing time in lockdown and great for my units and crystal shards hitting as many milestones as I could, I had a few days in work here and there and probably could of taken a few more days out of it if I tried.

I've never had more than 80k chips before in my life so it was such a temptation and obviously blew the lot as soon as I hit the target. First 50 looked dire:

But had a solid finish:

It's a shame we can't gift anymore so we couldn't do prizes/bets but races and mini-events like this are good fun.

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Nice work - did you complete all milestones in all arenas each cycle?
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Nice work - did you complete all milestones in all arenas each cycle?

Pretty much, except featured 5* I'd only go for around 7.5mil to 9mil bracket to get the 1k 5* shards
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    That unit is very low imo. Bc used to give out decent amount of units
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Viper83 said:

That unit is very low imo. Bc used to give out decent amount of units

It’s not the worst, low end of average, average tends to be 1.5-2k
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Was looking for someone that would do this with me
    Really nice
  • Alright, ima go for it this time. 1 mil here I come

Alright, ima go for it this time. 1 mil here I come

I'll see you there
  • ElhadjeeElhadjee Posts: 61
    you are set for the 4th of July btw
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    I am not opening then since about 2 or 3 months ago.... And since we are doing Map5x5, more savings are made (no BCs needed for map 5). Let's see if 4 Jully have good promotions (for me in this moment good promotions is 6* Awakening gem)..... Let's see if I open then by then or don't....
    NCB_pt said:

I am not opening then since about 2 or 3 months ago.... And since we are doing Map5x5, more savings are made (no BCs needed for map 5). Let's see if 4 Jully have good promotions (for me in this moment good promotions is 6* Awakening gem)..... Let's see if I open then by then or don't....

I figure about 15k units seems to be the norm for the kabam deals - you have to buy a 1k, then 4k to unlock the 10k bundle.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Elhadjee said:

Batman05 said:

I started at the first of the year and decided to see how many I can get by Christmas. I want to open them with the gold boost and see how much gold it is. I’m getting close to a million a month. My goal is 20 million.

woow you are such a saver man. As soon as I hit 10k chips I go and open them,lol
    I’m at a point I don’t need to use units or get more resources. I just need more champions so it’s easy to not open crystals when you don’t need the stuff right away
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I grind a lot, Prob make a million chips every 12-15 days. But I always open in 100k blocks and find the basic ones give much better returns
    I completely agree.

There is defo more mind games involved when u open in small batches and defo less disappointment with the smaller crystals
  • qnaqyeonnqnaqyeonn Posts: 11
    How many hours do you spend grinding a day?
    qnaqyeonn said:

With suicides on it cuts my grind time down a lot, fights are over so much quicker. daily isn't quite a thing as day 1 i'll hit 5* and 4* featured when they both open, spend upto 2 hours. The next day (12 hours later), I'll do another hour and a half, then its kinda the same each 12 hours. Once I've hit the last milestonene on 4* featured I'll start 4* basic only using my r5 and r4. Still I'd say maybe 1 1/2 every 12 hours
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Monk1 said:

I grind a lot, Prob make a million chips every 12-15 days. But I always open in 100k blocks and find the basic ones give much better returns

They don't. And they do. It depends on what you mean by "gives better returns."

Let's imagine a game where I flip a coin, and you get a buck if it is heads and nothing if it is tails. This is very obviously a 50/50 game, and on average you'd expect to get 50 cents per flip. Now I make another game in which I roll a 6-sided die (dice), and if it comes up a one then you get three bucks, and you get nothing if it comes up anything else. On average, you'd once again expect to get 50 cents per roll.

In terms of long term averages, these games have mathematically identical rate of return. There's no advantage to picking one game over the other. However, let's say a lot of people are standing in line to play this game, and they can only play once. A thousand people decide to play the coin flip game, and a thousand people decide to play the dice roll game. Statistically speaking, five hundred players will win a buck from the coin game and five hundred players will get nothing. However, about 167 players will get three bucks from the dice game, and 833 will get nothing.

So is the coin game better? Depends on how you define "better." You're more likely to win *something* in the coin game, but that something will always be low. You're less likely to win something in the dice game, but that something will always be higher. The *value* averages out if you measure value, but the number of people who get a higher and lower result than average do not average out. This can seem paradoxical, but it is just how statistics works.

Which one people actually think is better depends on some funky psychology. In the case of the coin and dice games, I think more people would pick the coin game, because hey, a buck is a buck, and three dollars is still just a couple bucks. Better to walk away a winner than go away empty handed. But now imagine I add a third game to the mix: this one generates a random number from one to a million. If the number one comes up, you get five hundred thousand dollars. Otherwise you get nothing. Now i think more people would play that game, even though virtually everyone would walk away empty handed. This game generates mathematically *identical* return as the other two games. But people compare "one and three" completely differently than they compare "one and a million."

Same thing is happening with the Arena crystals, on a smaller scale. The normals and the UC version generate more or less identical returns (ignoring 5* Punisher). However, because the UC crystal generates larger rewards, it generates them less often. So more people get average results with the normal crystals, and more people get extreme results with the UC crystals, and for every player that gets the jackpot with UC, there are several that get below average results.

In the long run, it doesn't matter. But in the short run, psychology takes over. Do you want to get luke warm results all the time, or do you want to "lose" most of the time and "win big" some of the time?
    OH MY GOD.... I've tried explaining this soooooo many times to my alliance mates and you've just worded it much better than I've ever been able to! Well done!
    qnaqyeonn said:

I have a big roster so in a couple of hours when arena opens I can do 4-5m, same in morning - so in just over a day I have hit 14m I. 5* feature and then do basic and 4* in another day.

Given can watch tv or listen to music and grind it actually feels very little time
  • Im still trying to get there haha