**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magneto Buff

Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
Magneto should get a buff after Hulkbuster. Its long overdue and we have two of these guys! Here are some buff ideas for him.
1. He should have a magnetic force-field. In the comics he can quickly expand a force field that can literally take nuclear missiles, Iron Mans pulse beams and even the full force of the phoenix force. The only thing that he can't block is Galactus' punches. He should have a similar thing like invisible womans force field or at least the best block proficiency.
2. He should have a magnetic pulse. Magneto has the ability to focus magnetic energy into an extremely powerful concussive blast that should either stun, nullify or at least put a concussion debut on the opponent.
3. He should have the ability to put a degen buff on someone. This one maybe a little too far but Magneto has the ability to take out iron in someone or something. He should have something that allows him to do it like a heavy attack or he charges up and at a certain number he puts degen on someone. This one maybe a little to far but then again Omega Red has a heavy that puts degen.
4. He should be a heavy hitting champ. He can lift 100 tons with ease in the comics. He should have a high crit chance on his regular and special attacks.
5. Engraged. This is a unique ability that could be fun to play around with. He should have a pre-fight ability that gives him 100% attack but reduces his block proficiency by 100% and suffers a degen for 10 seconds. This is an ability that could either help or hurt you. I got this idea from the comics. In them Magneto can generate so much power but it hurts him and takes him to recover. This pre-fight ability could make him super strong but he loses health for 10 seconds or a certain precent. it also reduces his block proficiency by 100% meaning u gotta intercept.
6. Immune to Emma Frost. In the comics he has one of the strongest minds in the marvel universe. One that could rival Doctor Strange who i also think should be immune to Emma Frost. We don't have one immune to reverse control and this could be the champ. Now i know he could cheese the reverse control node but u could add that it affects him too.
7. Decent health but not a tank. He should not be a tank. He is really old and the powers he has affects him. That why i think he should have the best blocking proficiency in the game but he has low health.
8. Metal characters should fall easily to him. I think Magneto would be a really good counter to metal characters. I also think this ability should vary. Depending on how much metal is on a character this debut affects them. For instance against Sentinel and IMIW it should seriously hurt them and reduce their damage by 50% but against Captain America or Blade maybe 5%-10%. I feel like this ability would be really cool and interesting to see.

These are just some ideas and not all of them have to be in his buff but i would love Kabam to make use of his metal abilities. He is an Omega Level Mutant and should have serious firepower in this game. I feel like he could be the new Quake in terms of hard to master. Once mastered he is a force to be reckoned with but not everyone is gonna like him. Most of my alliance hate quake and how she plays but i love her. So i think that he would be a really dun champ to mess around but not everyone is gonna like him and with his pre-fight ability that people could either really hate or really love. That could me a make or break move for someone. It could down that final boss in AW/AQ or it could ko you in seconds. What are you thoughts on this?

Comments

• CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101
    Yes please !
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Yes I think Quake’s heavy and Terrax’s rock shield both prove that Magneto’s abilities can be more creatively emulated in this game.
    Let’s introduce “Quake and Bake” to “Mag and Frag”.

I also think his advantage over #Metal should be stronger, either in the form of enhanced power gain or, as you have said, by applying debuffs (lots to choose from e.g. exhaustion, vulnerability, weakness, slow). Maybe even strong glancing.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    I agree with the first half but the bottom half seems a bit over the top. I'd leave it up to Kabam at that point. I always love when Kabam does champion's accurately to the comics. Champs like surfer and man thing just disappoint me because they differ vastly from their source material and don't really feel like passion was put into them just rushed abilities.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Even Nick Fury, that in marvel universe don't have any relevant power to fight other champions, is lot more stronger than him :*