**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Some unpopular opinions about champions and game modes

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

My unpopular opinions:
    Quake is the best in the game in good hands, there is no other champ in the game who can bypass as much as she can, 95% of problem fights can be completely ignored by her, she’s not fast and she is difficult, but the results and what can be done with her are the best in the game

Gr sucks, low Demi god based on seatin’s tiers imo, ok, now someone doing act 5 and map 5/6 aq he’s a good champ, but he only has regen, the rest of his utility isn’t good enough to justify using him for that utility, and regen isn’t enough for act 6 and other endgame content, also without blade he’s frustrating to use, and I’m not the biggest blade fan either, and if you have blade you don’t need a regen champ

Domino is overrated, now again, like gr for people in the earlier game she’s a godsend, hits hard and not too tough to play, but she doesn’t have enough utility to compete with other top champs as an option for endgame content, and she has a moderate reliance on synergy, and neither of her synergy partners are amazing, they aren’t bad, but domino doesn’t justify using 2 slots on them

Colossus is the 2nd beat mutant, with the omega synergy he hits like a truck, he has great damahe, immunities, armour up, survivability, and is just amazing, and the 2 big synergy partners are both amazing champs in their own right

Who would you consider the best mutant
    Archangel imo
    DRTO said:

Unpopular opinion: Aegon, Corvus, Nick Fury, Warlock, Omega Red, CMM, Human Torch, Doom all suck.

I have spoken

Lmao wtf
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Vision Aarkus > Medusa
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,451 ★★★★
    The most hottest takes i have ever seen in mcoc
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Vision Aarkus > Medusa

Yeah I don't know why people say she is better he doesn't have to hit the opponent to armour break them his armour shatter is pretty easy to obtain he can damage with coldsnap just by being close if l3 Is used then he can stack armour breaks and coldsnap across the whole map he gains power like crazy l2 hits hard when armour shattered and that is without needing his sig unlike Medusa. With his sig he can shrug off non damaging debuff which can prove useful as well. About the only thing Medusa has better is poison immunity.

Vision Aarkus > Medusa

Yeah I don't know why people say she is better he doesn't have to hit the opponent to armour break them his armour shatter is pretty easy to obtain he can damage with coldsnap just by being close if l3 Is used then he can stack armour breaks and coldsnap across the whole map he gains power like crazy l2 hits hard when armour shattered and that is without needing his sig unlike Medusa. With his sig he can shrug off non damaging debuff which can prove useful as well. About the only thing Medusa has better is poison immunity.
    I have 5* Medusa without sig, she is decent but really does need the sig to be God tier

Why y’all hating on Medusa? I hit 15K mediums with Medusa regularly.

Medusa is great, but needs her Sig to be a God tier
  • AHawkJockAHawkJock Posts: 45

• alliance wars take up too much time and require 8 champs including specific counters
    • stealthy is better than sparky because he has higher health and more utility, combined with great damage
    • blade is not the best champ in the game, because champs like nick have more utility and higher damage
    • agent venom is not the best champ a new player can get, it's probably wolverine or an immunity champ like sentinel or maybe corvus if you can get him duped and read abilities.
    1. Just because they require 8 champs, which isn't too much depending on roster, doesn't mean they aren't fun/challenging.
    2. Starky has power drain and insane damage, but Stealthy does occasionally win the matchup.
    3. Agreed
    4. Agent Venom has a 70% chance to be immune to everything which is pretty good. Plus, his incinerate/bleed damage lets the player get damage without doing anything besides landing a special, and it is a good amount of bleed damage.

• PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    edited May 2020
    I hate Doom. Always will. Boring to play, hate how he looks.
    Veer4_0 said:

Maybe I'll even consider agreeing with you on a few of your points but,
    Alliance Wars are fun, You joking right.

From your points about story quest and medusa, I think you are new to this game.

I've been playing this game for 4 years actually, thanks for asking. I just don't like Medusa's mechanics. I know she's a great champion, but I personally wouldn't classify her as BEYOND God Tier.
    PsyLife said:

State of this L.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    PsyLife said:

Sounds like you need a backhand
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Blade is not the best champion in the game I stopped reading at that part, champs like Quake and Ghost are miles above what blade can do
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    1. Agreed.
    2. Blade by himself is mid-tier champ at best, with synergies (GR and SS) he is a top tier champ but certainly not the best. Agreed with the easy to use mechanics of the champ.
    3. Disagree, with newer cosmics being released who are more and more buffs dependent he is an amazing counter to them. Havok has slower power gain I don’t see anyone complaining about him. Look at the utility SS has to offer.
    4. Story or Event Quest doesn’t matter both are repetitive…especially something like act 4 where there are too many paths per quest or act 5/6 too many fights per path…but to an extent story quests are interesting act 5 onwards especially act 6 where each path poses a question and you need to find specific counters.
    5. Psylocke is one of the best power control champions in the game….my boy doc ock can power lock and heal block opponents for the entire duration of the fight if played correctly
    6. Rhulk and Ghulk both top champs with different mechanics what one can do the other cant…Ghulk currently has one of the rarest abilities in game to reverse degen damage that counts for something
    7. G99 has solid utility and is a ramp up champ…once above 100 combos damage is through the roof she does get a bit overshadowed by Aegon...but a solid god tier champ.
    8. Both spideys have their uses and utilities difficult to judge who is better. But for me stealth > stark.
    9. Medusa used to be the best armor breaking champs in game I think Aarkus does a better job at armor breaks and armor shatter now…however Medusa is no joke on defense especially if she is stacked
    10. Doom currently is a champ who will fall in the top 3 champs list of any decent player but putting him after Blade doesn’t make sense (see point 2 for reasons).
    11. Any 4 star champion for a newer player will clear a lot of initial content doesn’t necessarily have to be agent venom cause of his debuff shrugging ability...by that logic a duped luke cage shud be the best option cause of the indestructible or Modok for the auto-block…I cleared most of content till act 3 using sentry, moon knight and drax my first 3 4* pulls.
    12. Alliance Wars are actually quite fun when playing lower to mid tier wars (silver 3- gold 2 approx.) higher tier wars are no joke or fun its serious business and quite frustrating
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

My unpopular opinions:
    Quake is the best in the game in good hands, there is no other champ in the game who can bypass as much as she can, 95% of problem fights can be completely ignored by her, she’s not fast and she is difficult, but the results and what can be done with her are the best in the game

Gr sucks, low Demi god based on seatin’s tiers imo, ok, now someone doing act 5 and map 5/6 aq he’s a good champ, but he only has regen, the rest of his utility isn’t good enough to justify using him for that utility, and regen isn’t enough for act 6 and other endgame content, also without blade he’s frustrating to use, and I’m not the biggest blade fan either, and if you have blade you don’t need a regen champ

Domino is overrated, now again, like gr for people in the earlier game she’s a godsend, hits hard and not too tough to play, but she doesn’t have enough utility to compete with other top champs as an option for endgame content, and she has a moderate reliance on synergy, and neither of her synergy partners are amazing, they aren’t bad, but domino doesn’t justify using 2 slots on them

Colossus is the 2nd beat mutant, with the omega synergy he hits like a truck, he has great damahe, immunities, armour up, survivability, and is just amazing, and the 2 big synergy partners are both amazing champs in their own right

Archangel imo
    He's one of my favourite champs, my first 5* and I'm strongly biased towards him because he carried and continues to carry me through so much content. That being said, I disagree that he's the best mutant, a single immunity to bleed (and poison to a lesser extent) renders him pretty much useless whereas most other mutants, like Domino/Colossus can still do insane damage.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

My unpopular opinions:

Mister Sinister should be up there for Regen. OR for Immunity. AA for fastest takedowns.
    Sinister heals when hit, he isn’t close, probably not even top 10
    For Mutant? With Wolverines, you're relying on Sig. Sinister just heals and heals.
    Sinister heals when hit, you shouldn’t be getting hit and in act 6 if you do you’re dead, he can boost willpower by killing science champs but it’s still not much
    Who said anything about Act 6? Lol.
    The fact I’m on about my ranking of mutants, and you don’t exactly want to get hit anywhere
    If you're going to Rank Champs, it makes sense to look at overall, not just one arena of the game. You do you I suppose.
    1. There’s no area of the game where getting hit is good
    2. There are very few areas of the game I need rankups for
    3. With a roster like mine I rank up for specific things, not for overall unless there’s just some crazy champ
  • I think blade is overrated. He’s only good for 1/5 of the Fights and that’s with synergy’s
    His heal is nice though. I have a blade and I only used him twice.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Blade is overrated
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

My unpopular opinions:
    1) Once you can heavy intercept and bring a decent counter, IMIW is just a meh defender.
    2) Rogue is a very solid character
    3) Quake is underrated - Let me explain: Quake is probably the best champ in game and the average player doesn't realize that wiake can decimate most things in game with the right skill. She also doesn't have to touch the opponent.
    4) Cull Obsidian is an average champ - after taking him to r3, his damage is overshadowed by his trash block proficiency and little utility

I completely agree with everything you just said.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    My unpopular opinions:

1. Quake is easily the best champ in the game. In skilled hands, she'll counter 95% of the game. It's just rediculous.

2. Thing isn't hard to fight against. I don't know why people have a hard time controlling his rock stacks.

3. IMIW isn't hard to fight against. Heavy counters ftw!

4. I'm not a fan of Stealthy's animations. (He's a great champ, I've decided he's going to be my second R5, but other than the damage and not seeing evades and unstoppables proc with slow, I don't feel satisfied when playing the champion.)

5. Same exact thing as #4 but with Corvus. Don't like his animations, don't feel satisfied when playing him (he was my first R5 oddly enough 😂.)

6. Dock Ock < DarkHawk

7. Nick Fury is the 4th best champ in the game behind Quake, Ghost and Ægon. So much Damage. So much Utility. People may not see it, but so much sustainability also. You basically have 130% health on a healthpool that isn't that small in the first place. Omega's a close 5th. Doom, Warlock and Corvus are close behind him.