**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

1* acquisition | Whatchu guys think?

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
I've 100% Variant 4.
Thankfully I didn't sell any of my 1* so that 1* champ restriction chapter was ok and smooth and definitely fun. Props to KABAM for that.

But it got me thinking for those that sold their 1* champs prior to this Variant was out.

Take a look at this pic and decide it yourself.

PS: Pardon my wrong word usage. Should be 'probable' instead of 'probably'

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's by design. The Top Prize in that Crystal is a 1*, and the Drop Rate is 20%.

It's by design. The Top Prize in that Crystal is a 1*, and the Drop Rate is 20%.

Then it should say guarantees at least a 2* with a chance at a 1*. It's really dumb.
    Ah. I see what you mean. It's a typo. For sure. Yep.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

It's by design yes, but the top prize is still a 2* - this is the original Hero Crystal (not Premium Hero Crystal) from 2014 that you get after starting a new account and completing the tutorial, and the idea was that most summoners would get a 2* to enable progress faster than the 1* OG Ironman, Wolverine, or Spiderman.
    All they did was introduce it into the store as a purchasable item.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I don’t mind the crystal so much. Like everything else in game you can purchase the CHANCE to progress faster. However, what does bother me a little, is that everything that can be bought via units or money also has a slower counter part for f2p to grind for. I unwisely sold my 1* champs, but my progression has led me to a place where I can not get a chance to obtain a one star champ except through this crystal. I think there should be a way to grind out the chance at progression just like everything else in game. #searchForOneStarHulk
    Snizzbar said:

It's by design yes, but the top prize is still a 2* - this is the original Hero Crystal (not Premium Hero Crystal) from 2014 that you get after starting a new account and completing the tutorial, and the idea was that most summoners would get a 2* to enable progress faster than the 1* OG Ironman, Wolverine, or Spiderman.
    Perhaps, but it was made available after Variant was released. I suppose they decided to leave the wording as-is.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Snizzbar said:

Perhaps, but it was made available after Variant was released. I suppose they decided to leave the wording as-is.
    By made available you mean in the store. The crystal is used at very low tiers of play for people that want 2*s
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★

Then it should say guarantees at least a 2* with a chance at a 1*. It's really dumb.
    Exactly! Or just swap the chances around. What a weird wording description. I hate it they try to gain more $$ from just 1* for players to complete Variant 4.
    Come on, give us a break just this one time.
    Poor to those that don't have the right 1* to complete last chapter in Variant 4