**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Moving forward with the game? Time to remove the petty stuff.

With the advent of 5.3, 6*s, etc... I think it's time to take a look at some of the more petty things in the game that don't make sense.

Kabam is moving in the right direction with the replacement of daily and free crystals, but there are still things ingame that keep MCoC petty and ridiculous.

1) A "help all" button on the alliance tab. I still don't understand why this hasn't been implemented. I find it asinine that I have to click the "help 4" button 50-100 times just to clear the queue.

2a) Selling ISOs straight from overstock. There is no real reason why we shouldn't be able to do this.
2b) Getting rid of overstock completely. 45 inventory slots for ISOs isn't nearly enough room for leveling 4*, 5*, and soon, 6* champs. I get it for catalysts or items, but for ISOs, it's antiquated. It forces us to sell expiring ISOs (annoyingly, we have to sell from inventory) when it can take longer than 30 days just to collect enough catalysts to rank higher end champs.

3a) Heroic 100% monthly events. There is absolutely no reason to have us 100% heroic just so we can play master. This is silly. We have to waste energy, time and units to auto fight.
3b) If the aforementioned does stay, give us an option to "auto quest" where the AI chooses an unexplored path, automatically uses energy and automatically fights; preferably happening instantly.

4) Make 1*, 2* and 3* champs viable again. Give us a monthly event in which you can only bring in 1-3*s and have it attuned to a higher difficulty (ie 4-5*) with better rewards; paralleling a regular master run event. This would be like what Seatin does with his 3* master challenge every month.

Thoughts?

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I like it.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Well said at level 60 you should get more incentives then others it's harder to reach then pretty much all content and you have to keep winning to get it. Aside from what the op said. For level 60 and above this would be amazing. Lower or abolish the skill points necessary to open the better masteries. There isn't anything good on the lower tree worth the 15 points. It kills diversity and makes you get useless masteries that a level 60 wouldn't ever find useful.example having to open up lesser cruelty to get the better cruelty there isn't a reason for this other then laziness and killing diversity. Masteries should never have any kind of cap or minimum to reach other masteries like the lower masteries handicap the good ones. In other words I bought wp and I currently do not use it because it takes way to many points to get to it.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    I can't say I have a problem with having to spend mastery points on lower tier abilities to reach a higher tier. It's there to keep balance, and MMOs have been set up this way since forever.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    edited September 2017
    I heard that they once tried to implement a "help all" button and had trouble with the server overloading because of it. Dunno if that's true.

Would totally love some events that required you to use the lower rarity champs. I also think something needs to be done with quick fight in versus. I think it should not put the champ you use on cooldown and that you should be able to search opponents by champ. I think it'd make a good practice option. Dunno why you can't search duel matches by champ either.
  • How about live PvP?!?! Introduce that already! That would break the game to new dimensions!
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Namo10 wrote: »
    How about live PvP?!?! Introduce that already! That would break the game to new dimensions!

FTFY
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    How about live PvP?!?! Introduce that already! That would break the game to new dimensions!

No... Just, no.

Kabam's servers can barely handle the load as it is. Can you imagine the massive LAG if it had to do live version PVP?

There could be a way to program it so you can do it on the same WiFi network. It would have limited use, but if my kid and I want to fight PvP, on the same WiFi it could work without effecting the Kabam servers. Maybe I am wrong and it will still tax the servers, I am no expert on these things.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    I don't play anymore, but when I did, I always wanted to see fights of our AW opponents. Some kind of replay video after they are done with a node.
    An instant replay would be awesome but likely too difficult for devs sadly.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296

Eh nope. That would just.. break the game
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    There could be a way to program it so you can do it on the same WiFi network. It would have limited use, but if my kid and I want to fight PvP, on the same WiFi it could work without effecting the Kabam servers. Maybe I am wrong and it will still tax the servers, I am no expert on these things.[/quote]

Free mobile game. Free (not $59 per dl/cartridge/disc) Mobile (not PS4/Xbox/switch/steamdeck) Game. For pvp action with a free mobile game, perhaps words with friends?
  • BoogsBoogs Posts: 17
    so op wants to NOT explore herioc monthlys , but have quests that u can only bring lower star champs ....... why not just make herioc monthly only playable with 2&3*s .... that would put a twist on Lengend run times.
    im agreeing with the op , just combining the thoughts here .
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Why does it say this is closed but I can still reply?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    Why does it say this is closed but I can still reply?

Moved.
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    Another important option: "reset all dialog boxes".
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Rather against auto complete options. That kind of takes away the point of the game and is exactly the reason I stopped playing Marvel Future Fight.

In that game they just wanted you to grind, to get more gear, to level up your champions, to grind on more quests, which you then would use tickets to auto complete over and over to get gear... you start to see the cycle right?

If you don't enjoy the gameplay there is not much point to just having a shiny roster or getting the rewards at the end. When you can auto complete things you might as well as not play to begin with.

That's just my opinion, but I think it drains all the fun out of a game.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    The general purpose of this game seems to be to obtain and level up champs. You do all the stuff to gain and level up champs to do more stuff to gain and level up champs. That's the reason for 6* being introduced. More to obtain and more to level up so the game stays relevant to higher end players.
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    Rather against auto complete options. That kind of takes away the point of the game and is exactly the reason I stopped playing Marvel Future Fight.

In that game they just wanted you to grind, to get more gear, to level up your champions, to grind on more quests, which you then would use tickets to auto complete over and over to get gear... you start to see the cycle right?

If you don't enjoy the gameplay there is not much point to just having a shiny roster or getting the rewards at the end. When you can auto complete things you might as well as not play to begin with.

That's just my opinion, but I think it drains all the fun out of a game.

That's like saying killing level 1 mobs in WoW is the point of the game, and if you don't enjoy it then you should quit.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I think they really should create a way of unlocking master without having to complete heroic 100%.

That said, if your reasoning is you find it boring, that is a very easy fix. Use some of the 2 and 3 stars that sit in your roster doing nothing to complete it. Each star level of the champs are basically the same just stronger at higher levels. If you can beat the content too easily, use weaker champs to work through the content you have to complete anyway, you don't have to auto play it with your top champs.
    I think they really should create a way of unlocking master without having to complete heroic 100%.

That said, if your reasoning is you find it boring, that is a very easy fix. Use some of the 2 and 3 stars that sit in your roster doing nothing to complete it. Each star level of the champs are basically the same just stronger at higher levels. If you can beat the content too easily, use weaker champs to work through the content you have to complete anyway, you don't have to auto play it with your top champs.

I think you might be misunderstanding what I'm trying to convey. Yes, I wouldn't mind an additional challenge for lower tiered champs; however, I would want the rewards to match the challenge.

Secondly, forcing everyone to 100% heroic isn't something that should be. I don't care about heroic nor would I ever play it if I didn't have to. Using lower tiered champs to beat it doesn't alleviate the unnecessary time/energy/units to 100% it.

I get that Kabam wants to make money, so that's why I said the part about "auto quest". It doesn't hurt Kabam's potential cash flow for the event. It just removes the redundancy and the time it takes to auto fight 100% heroic.
  • dougdoug Posts: 7
    You people asking for live pvp really think it's a good idea?

Let's actually think about it for a second; Nobody would attack out of fear of getting parried. It'll never happen with the current way the game is setup
    Yeah, live PvP would be a disaster. The game's balance isn't set up for that.
    I'm not asking for game breaking mechanics. I'm asking for things that would make the game more enjoyable for players and eliminate some of the annoyance factor that has become outdated with the advancement of the game.
  • While we're talking obvious/simple upgrades for the Game:

-list of recently searched names in the search screen so duels are way less of a pain