**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

First impressions of MCoC on Samsung S20+ at 120Hz vs iPhone 11 Pro Max

BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
My immediate first impression was that it looked a little uncanny valley on the Samsung. Things like UI and screen transitions are almost too smooth. Then you get into an actual fight and the image that came to mind was Calvin in a Samsung shirt doin' what Calvin does on an iPhone. It's so crisp and smooth. The iPhone by comparison afterwards was like a interns stop motion mess of a proof of concept video with the UI elements and the zillion transitions in a round of arena. I did have 1 instance of an unintended heavy in AQ on the Samsung, but that was probably my deathgrip paranoia fingers due to not having a case on it yet.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    So the s20 is better? Cool.
    On a side note, I just switched my internet to some trash xfinity hotspot(legal version of stealing you're neighbor's wifi), because some idiot cut the internet cables, and the lag is so bad. Keep in mind that I'm on IOS. I don't think any device can fix my situation.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    I've actually seen some gameplay and loading time of the Samsung S20 and it's definitely on par with the Iphone 11. I believe this is the only Samsung phone that has finally been as fast as an Iphone in this game.

Edit: Question... does the Samsung s20 have weather effects? I know it's too minor to even ask but I personally enjoy these on my Iphone.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

I've actually seen some gameplay and loading time of the Samsung S20 and it's definitely on par with the Iphone 11. I believe this is the only Samsung phone that has finally been as fast as an Iphone in this game.

Edit: Question... does the Samsung s20 have weather effects? I know it's too minor to even ask but I personally enjoy these on my Iphone.

I wasn't getting a good selection of all the backgrounds. For my money, I'm good if they still don't have the effects for Android. They subtract from the experience for me.

Does MCoC output in 120hz?

As far as I can tell. The lowest I've seen is down to 112 in a fight. Otherwise it's surprisingly solid. I haven't seen anything from Kabam confirming that it works as expected on every capable device.

The possibility is there that the fps meters are reading the device and showing me what I want to see, I suppose.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I have the Galaxy S20 Snapdragon version and when I got it early Match it was so smooth and fast. However, one of the mid April updates caused issues where I was having unintended heavies in every mode of the game. I fixed this by downgrading the screen from 120hz to 60hz, which was very disappointing that one app determines the whole phone screen speed. Here was my post about this issue:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/191606/unintended-heavies#latest
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Samsung always seems amazing, until about 6 months in.
  • StacheBoiStacheBoi Posts: 32
    edited May 2020
    This game is optimized for apple, I personally don't like apple products but I can't deny the fact it's better on one device than the others
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    My Samsung S20 Ultra runs this game like a BEAST. It honestly feels way faster than my iPad
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    I use samsung galaxy note 9 and it has been **** from the day i bought it so i play on ipad pro.

Samsung always seems amazing, until about 6 months in.

So it's just like every other thing except my wife. Still amazing.
  • My immediate first impression was that it looked a little uncanny valley on the Samsung. Things like UI and screen transitions are almost too smooth. Then you get into an actual fight and the image that came to mind was Calvin in a Samsung shirt doin' what Calvin does on an iPhone. It's so crisp and smooth. The iPhone by comparison afterwards was like a interns stop motion mess of a proof of concept video with the UI elements and the zillion transitions in a round of arena. I did have 1 instance of an unintended heavy in AQ on the Samsung, but that was probably my deathgrip paranoia fingers due to not having a case on it yet.

My contract runs out with my family next month and I'm gunna finally branch off and have used samsung since I first got smart phones. Would you recommend the s20, s20+ or s20 ultra?
    My preference is the plus. I don't feel like the Ultra brings enough to the table to justify the added cost and the plain s20 is too small.
  • My preference is the plus. I don't feel like the Ultra brings enough to the table to justify the added cost and the plain s20 is too small.

Interesting, thank you!
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I use OnePlus 7t, 90hz display. The game runs really smooth but the occasional unintended heavy is a thing on my device too.