**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I’m going to grind for Red Guardian: A 3 Star Lover’s Journey

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
So, I’ve decided to grind for Red Guardian. As a three star. I don’t know why.

I like MCU characters and cool looking characters, but don’t want to grind in the four star featured. So I’ve decided to go for Red Guardian. There’s only one problem:

I only play for an hour, hour and a half a day. I have school and family matters that take up my day. So, anyone got any tips to maximize my time?

I’ve got some arena experience, I as got Mysterio both rounds and Stealthy one round when I was in the beginners bracket, and I put up 1.3 million points for Guillotine 2099 on Halloween, and I got her. Here’s hoping I can do it again.

I’m going to make a google sheet to plan out some stuff, and I’m also going to rank up some three stars in the weeks leading up to this. Wish me luck!

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Just pop open a bunch of those arena boosts and slap them on whenever you do it
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

That’s part of the plan. My main problem is whether taking up a lot of champions to rank two/three or taking a few up to rank 4 so I have twenty at rank 4.
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited May 2020
    That’s cool bro, I always grind for the new 3* featured. As long as u put around 1.4-1.5 mil u should be good. Long shot went for 1.5 mil which was nuts for a 3* so ever since then I always put in 1.5 mil in veterans bracket. U might want to invest in suicides if u want a faster grind in arenas and still have time to do things irl. Yes, they seem scary at first but imo as a f2p player I think it’s an absolute must. It really reduces the time u spend in arenas since ur boosting ur attack by 60% if u run it full and boosts ur PI for points. If u don’t run suicides, throw in some arena boosts and some attack boosts to make up for it if u really want to reduce the time to grind. Also, make sure u max out a lot of 3*s (I have 27 atm so it takes me 3 30 min sittings to hit 1.5) this is more important than suicides since this is how u put in points otherwise u might want to resort in using units if u really want the champ that bad. Gl on ur grind
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461

That’s part of the plan. My main problem is whether taking up a lot of champions to rank two/three or taking a few up to rank 4 so I have twenty at rank 4.
    I got Mysterio both rounds too and stealth spidey, I put up about 1.4 mil for both to be safe. I did it with 18 max 3 stars, 2 rank 3, 3 stars and the rest were all rank 1 I just kept using a **** ton of boosts every 2 hours.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    How many maxed 3* you run through to hit those numbers? I’ve always contemplated it but never actually got around to it. I only have about 25 3* ranked up so if I can only actually hit like 700k or something I’m not wasting the time
    Mauled said:

How many maxed 3* you run through to hit those numbers? I’ve always contemplated it but never actually got around to it. I only have about 25 3* ranked up so if I can only actually hit like 700k or something I’m not wasting the time

If you use boosts and hit it every 2 hours it's not that hard I can get about 240k every 2 hours. i do about 10 rounds with rank 1s then when I've won 10 rounds I use my maxed 3 stars with boosts. So I can get about 900k a day
    Mauled said:

Right now I’ve got 12 maxed, but I’ve got quite a few at lower ranks I think I’ll take up to at least r3 (Quake, Corvus, CMM)

I got Mysterio both rounds too and stealth spidey, I put up about 1.4 mil for both to be safe. I did it with 18 max 3 stars, 2 rank 3, 3 stars and the rest were all rank 1 I just kept using a **** ton of boosts every 2 hours.
    Only reason I got Mysterio and Stealthy was because the cutoff was around 500k.

Was you in the beginner bracket?

Was you in the beginner bracket?
    Yeah, just like the original post says.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    I went for storm pyramid X, she went for like 1.3 million and I got her
    I barely have any 4/40s, so it's definitely doable
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I'm just going to buy him on marvel insider LOL.
    good luck on the grind!

good luck on the grind!

Thanks. I would buy him, but I don’t have Marvel Insider. Even if I did I’d think I’d go for the two star Black Widow Deadly Origin.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

good luck on the grind!

Thanks. I would buy him, but I don’t have Marvel Insider. Even if I did I’d think I’d go for the two star Black Widow Deadly Origin.
    You can buy both there. Also I guess you can always create an account. Complete beginner, normal and heroic and buy those offers. Almost as boring as grinding arena, but needs less of your attention (you can even use autofight) and brings guaranteed amount of units