**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Something is wrong with AW rewards.

mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
My alliance (72416) was in platinum 4 in war until 2 wars left in season. We lost that war, and dropped down info Gold1 (#28).

We won our last war in season, which should have easily put us back into Platinum 4.

However, when I looked this morning, we somehow only moved up one spot. Either the multiplier didn’t kick in, or something else went wrong with your system. It is absolutely impossible to only move one spot with a win in war.

Please look at this ASAP, as we are due platinum 4 rewards.

Comments

• JamesProudstarJamesProudstar Posts: 2
    We're pretty much in the same boat. Gold1 #16 before the last war, Gold1 #15 today.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    A lot of folks on LINE are saying something similar right now.

Seems something is wrong.
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    How did my alliance only move up a handful of spots after winning our last war and scoring the most points out of any of our wars this season?
    We were in gold one we lost a war we went to the top of gold two we won a war and ended in gold two?????
    We lose a war we drop hundreds of spots and we win a war and only gain a handful of spots? Something went wrong kabam
    We cleared every map 100% all season long 😡
    We looked at the very end of the war season and somehow between then and now our alliance dropped over 1,200 spots, that's insane
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Same here. We were ranked 500 something, lost the final war where we managed 3 boss kills and suddenly dropped to G2. It's a joke and obviously not correct.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    We won and dropped 1,500 spots!
  • JamesProudstarJamesProudstar Posts: 2
    jdrum663 said:

If you compare your current ranking with the one AFTER the end of last war, this is normal, as that rating was flawed.

The issue is with alliances that won and didn't move up the ranks, in comparison with their ranking BEFORE the last war.
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★

Same here. We were ranked 500 something, lost the final war where we managed 3 boss kills and suddenly dropped to G2. It's a joke and obviously not correct.

Correction: We were ranked at about 330 which makes it even worse.
  • Thunderkam444Thunderkam444 Posts: 13
    Our alliance was rank 34 in gold 1 at start of last war. We then won the final war and it showed our preliminary ranking at platinum 4 rank 165. We all know you’re going to drop some spots in ranks as other teams finish however not over 350 spots which is what happened. The other impossible outcome is that with the win we actually dropped two spots to gold 1 rank 36. The difference between p4 and g1 rewards are not extreme but they are considerably better with the main difference being 2% t5cc. Please look into fixing and giving us the correct ranking and rewards which should easily be platinum 4.
  • JohnyzeroJohnyzero Posts: 228
    Last night after AW was over we were gold 1 309 but woke up to gold 2. Not sure how that’s possible since I had looked at rankings hours after AW was over.
    We were p4 156 when I checked after we won. I thought we had it. Then we dropped all the way to g1 28...only 1 spot up from that we were before.

That's some hard math to comprehend.
  • TomoXrayTomoXray Posts: 42
    it affected us too. we were rank 3 gold 1 before last war, so pushed hard knowing a win would move us up the leaderboard (as a win always has since season 1)....we won, it intially showed we had moved up to plat 4 rank 133 which of course was not final as all wars hadnt ended, but now we are gold 1 rank 8...??? seems something is very wrong for us to drop places having won.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Learn to read, I already posted that rankings hadn’t been updated since the war before. So your score got added to the rankings of the war before and when calculations were done and everybody else’s score was updated too you came into your actual spot
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    TomoXray said:

it affected us too. we were rank 3 gold 1 before last war, so pushed hard knowing a win would move us up the leaderboard (as a win always has since season 1)....we won, it intially showed we had moved up to plat 4 rank 133 which of course was not final as all wars hadnt ended, but now we are gold 1 rank 8...??? seems something is very wrong for us to drop places having won.

That might seem weird but it happens, lets assume you’re in tier 6 and you won, other alliances around you might be in tier 5 and if they won they all passed you regardless if you won in tier 6.

Fyi a loss in tier 3 with x6 multiplier gains you around the same points as a win in tier 4 with x4,5 multiplier gives you
  • PufffPufffPufffPufff Posts: 54
    Das_gi said:

Fyi a loss in tier 3 with x6 multiplier gains you around the same points as a win in tier 4 with x4,5 multiplier gives you

Mathematically you are correct, but alliances in Tier 3 DOES NOT compete in G1/P4 . Tier 3 is top 0.6-1% which will be Plat 1-2 (maybe upper P3 if they experiencing a few losses or running 2BG, but that wont last long either). G1/P4 fringe alliances see-saw between T4 and T5 which is only a difference between 4 and 4.5
    edited May 2020
    a win in t5 still scores ~130k more than a loss in t4. we tracked placement changes after every war and saw them update. been playing this game a little while and its the first time since war started that we have won and dropped places
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    As alluded to by others, it’s probably the case that as YOU finish up YOUR war, your Ally points get updated with YOUR ALLY'S WAR only. And it will show you a “NEW” ranking for you based on you new season total.

BUT, other Ally's points for their War probably do not get rolled into the overall cumulative Standings that you can see until MUCH LATER. Probably NOT just if they happen to still be finishing up theirs about 15 minutes behind yours, but rather everyone else's probably do not become “visible” in the overall Rankings until some time much later on in evening once ALL wars are done and they can be tallied up.

In meantime, you’re thinking that your new Ranking is apples to apples, when in fact it's comparing 12 wars to everyone else's 11 war ranking. (Same probably true throughout whole season also).

So when comparing what Rank you are before each war, take note of it actually when each war's Attack is starting (not from a day earlier). That way your points will always be compared X # of wars to the same X # of wars as everyone else.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★

jdrum663 said:

If you compare your current ranking with the one AFTER the end of last war, this is normal, as that rating was flawed.

The issue is with alliances that won and didn't move up the ranks, in comparison with their ranking BEFORE the last war.
    I promise dude, I'm not disagreeing with you. It's just weird to me. We won our last 3 wars and dropped that much. It just seems weird.
    simple scenario - if you win you expect to go up the leaderboard not down.

we won, but we dropped places. that would imply that every single team around us won, all the top teams in gold 1 and all the bottom teams in plat 4 to the point where the win/loss point difference didn't matter - looking at final scores this means about 40-50 teams either side of us all won and also therefore implies that none of them were matched against each other (but matchmaking is another topic....).

this scenario seems very unusual which is why i am questioning if there was something wrong with the points calculation at the end
  • Eaj222Eaj222 Posts: 32
    Anyone who has been playing this game long enough knows that your ranking immediately after war ends is inflated. Using that to dismiss valid concerns is weak. What happened is that when it settles in and everything is adjusted "properly", (which is always questionable based on past and all too recent history) the recent placements are highly questionable. Yes, the all to easy response is that even if you win you can drop in rankings. But if you track your war rating, pts and placement on a day to day basis which has become necessary based on constant "issues" in war. You know how often you will drop if ever on a win and how little you will rise. It's questionable that teams below you will pass you when your war rating and tier is similar. And it's also questionable that every single alliance will have won above you. When you are on the cusp of ranking levels its all the more appearant as well. So when it happens for the first time ever after the last war which is won and after kabam calculates the results, it is highly questionable. Between teams getting double rewards, broken matchmaking, teams being awarded double points, receiving no points and enlisting failing..... trusting that the system is working as intended requires a huge leap of confidence which I certainly don't have anymore after 17 seasons.
    We dropped like 300 places. Other guy said 1200. All is NOT fine.
  • DawgIzBackDawgIzBack Posts: 4
    The identical thing happened to our alliance. We were G-1 rank 17. We won the final war convincingly and somehow managed to drop to G-1 rank 20. I've been playing AW for quite some time now and have never once dropped after a win. Kabam, could you please investigate this?
  • Petran333Petran333 Posts: 1
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra
    Cmon guys. Whats going on here?
  • KrisGJJKrisGJJ Posts: 69
    We also were showing gold 1 rank 313 and dropped to gold 2 r19... huge drop. Doesn’t make any sense
  • VinnicinniVinnicinni Posts: 4
    We were plat4 rank174, won our last war, dropped to Gold1 rank20. I’m not a mathematician but that doesn’t add up. I understand different tiers have different multipliers so before one of you start spouting off about that, we already know so save your breath. Not everyone in this chat can be wrong. I mean, we dropped over 350 spots w a war win w 100% exploration... if you can explain that to me I’m all ears

Another thing I want to mention is the second to last war emergency maintenance that went down for the last hour of AW which came back w only 30mins to spare. We’ve msgd Kabam just to get a generic automated response. People Spend 6 weeks using resources, time, hard earned units, and even money for what?! This “fair” game w “fair” process.

Like the 2nd to last war, Kabam will show their true colors and do nothing about all this mixup and once again leave the player base who keep this game alive and running empty handed once again and disappointed.

Kabam, give us what we deserve and what we earned. I know this will fall on deaf ears but I’m hoping you will look into these matters.