**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Instead of 7*s in 2021/2022 why not consider this?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
If the thought of pulling garbage 6*s makes us cringe, how about pulling garbage 7*?  Getting bad 6*s can already ruin a day or two, imagine getting bad 7*s?

So instead of adding 7*s why not raise the Level Cap to 70 and add 10 mastery points?  Then open up the unused mastery slots for new mastery skills that can be helpful in end game content esp. Act 6, Act 7 and AOL.

The minimum requirement to be able to raise the level cap and mastery points will be Cavalier and Act 6 completion.  

I feel taking this route is way better than introducing 7*s which only the whales who spend $5000-$10000/month to get 7*s will appreciate.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure where you pulled 7* coming to a constant near us soon, but. No. I feel that you were just outta things to complain about.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They haven't even discussed the possibility yet.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Snizzbar said:

So, you either work for Kabam and you are privy to that information and therefore you've lied in the past about not working for Kabam, or you don't work for Kabam and you don't actually have any idea what they have or haven't discussed. Which is it? Are you a liar, or clueless?
    Nope @GroundedWisdom isnt lying kabam Miike has a comment about it they haven’t even planned the idea of 7 stars yet
    Yep. Miike commented it.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    We know Kabam has long-term plans for the game. We know that a common timeframe for LTPs is five years, and we KNOW that Kabam has referenced their own five-year LTP on occasions in the past.
    If Kabam doesn't currently have a five year plan for MCOC that references 7* champions AT LEAST once in either 'we may introduce them in 20xx' or a 'we don't want to introduce them yet' way, then I will be happy to eat Grounded Wisdom's hat.
  • Options
    Snizzbar said:

We know Kabam has long-term plans for the game. We know that a common timeframe for LTPs is five years, and we KNOW that Kabam has referenced their own five-year LTP on occasions in the past.
    If Kabam doesn't currently have a five year plan for MCOC that references 7* champions AT LEAST once in either 'we may introduce them in 20xx' or a 'we don't want to introduce them yet' way, then I will be happy to eat Grounded Wisdom's hat.

Even thought someone else just said that Miiike had coconfirmed in a post that they have not planned them out yet?
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Snizzbar said:

Even thought someone else just said that Miiike had coconfirmed in a post that they have not planned them out yet?
    Grounded Wisdom said they haven't been discussed.
    Big difference. Of course they've been discussed, even if they possibly (probably?) haven't been planned yet.
  • Options

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Grounded Wisdom said they haven't been discussed.
    Big difference. Of course they've been discussed, even if they possibly (probably?) haven't been planned yet.
    Snizzbar said:

This is what we call:
    Too prideful
    Just say: oops I’m wrong, gw was right
    GW was wrong. Lol.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    We haven’t even discussed is clearly different from we haven’t planned them out yet, it actually is the opposite- as to confirm they haven’t been planned...is ‘discussing’ them
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

Snizzbar said:

So, you either work for Kabam and you are privy to that information and therefore you've lied in the past about not working for Kabam, or you don't work for Kabam and you don't actually have any idea what they have or haven't discussed. Which is it? Are you a liar, or clueless?
    Nope @GroundedWisdom isnt lying kabam Miike has a comment about it they haven’t even planned the idea of 7 stars yet
    That was said about a year ago if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    And if I’m not mistaken I think the actual quote was more along the lines of “we haven’t even begun planning for 7*s yet”
  • Options

• Options
    MadTing123MadTing123 Posts: 118
    7 stars! Haha, yeah right.....If you were trying to make a joke, well done, a success, if you were being serious...well...lets just say that you got a lot to think about my friend
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Granted he does know alot more about the company and what they do than I think has been shared on the forums.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    The key word here is "yet". they know theyre gonna make 7* we know they're gonna make 7*, it's just a matter of when.
  • Options
    nerdysqurrielnerdysqurriel Posts: 5
    don't think we need anymore star levels... just allow champs to paragon and re rank and level them while keeping the current stats this opens way more possibilities and requires less resources to be carried out....
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★

don't think we need anymore star levels... just allow champs to paragon and re rank and level them while keeping the current stats this opens way more possibilities and requires less resources to be carried out....

Theres no money in that lol.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    act 6 makes you get your first r3 6*, they will become normalised once act 7 is live, and that act will get you your first r4 6*. Act 8 will maybe max out your 6* champs. Only by that time can we even consider 7 stars to be added.
    It has been a trend for a while
    Act 4 100% got you your first r4 5*
    Act 5 is geared towards r4 5*
    Act 5 100% got you your first r5 5*
    Act 6 is geared toward r5 5*
    Act 6 100% got you your first r3 6* (from a pure act perspective and not looking at abyss)
    Act 7 will be geared towards r3 6*

And eveything that is geared towards something can be completed with a rank lower, but will require skill or units.
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Definitely agree that 6*'s were introduced to early.
    Or at least the easy availability of 6*'s are to early
  • Options
    BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    i agree. .adding mastery points and maybe 6/65 would be awesome we've been at level 60 God know how long !!!
  • Options
    nerdysqurrielnerdysqurriel Posts: 5
    edited May 2020
    Introducing a paragon system like i mentioned previously would have plenty of money in it... when i said it would require less resources i was referring to on kabams part... this would save them money while creating a whole new area of market... allowing champs to be re leveled and ranked will give them the ability to add new required resources and since champs would be able reach new levels of strength and higher capabilities without needing to add anything more than the star tiers they currently have...this will eliminate the need for kabam to concern them selves with how to extend champions strength... now they only need to keep up with new champions... this will also allow them to push the contest to its absolute limit... so much would be opened for the game just by adding this feature and would make them tons of cash simply because it will give new players a chance to be useful even if their accounts are as established as others but would make them want to spend to catch up to the others... this simple little thing would push the game into a better direction and would probably put kabam in better standing with players.... these are only the thoughts of a stoner at 3am hahaha