**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Book 2 looks to be the worst Content drop in years.

The beta footage concerning Act 7 looks absolutely unbearable, the champion requirements are niche and look to be even worse than act 6.

The node combinations are straight from the depths of hell and are only there to make you cry. Tone down the attack values!

Book 2 Should be a New Start. force us to use 2 stars and 3 stars. There’s a reason that Variant 4 was so enjoyable, it forced us to delve deep into our roster to use champs we’d never touch otherwise.

Kabam don’t make this another act 6, you’ve already lost the Interest of your biggest content creator. Act 5 was fun, 6.1 was fun, the rest were dire. Please take action Kabam!

Comments

• CotziCotzi Posts: 90
    Yeah7.1.1 is already a pain in the a** to explore
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

The beta footage concerning Act 7 looks absolutely unbearable, the champion requirements are niche and look to be even worse than act 6.

The node combinations are straight from the depths of hell and are only there to make you cry. Tone down the attack values!

Book 2 Should be a New Start. force us to use 2 stars and 3 stars. There’s a reason that Variant 4 was so enjoyable, it forced us to delve deep into our roster to use champs we’d never touch otherwise.

Kabam don’t make this another act 6, you’ve already lost the Interest of your biggest content creator. Act 5 was fun, 6.1 was fun, the rest were dire. Please take action Kabam!

Variant 4 was sooo enjoyable because it was easy and almost everyone with a decent roster could do it.

End game act content shouldn’t be designed with that mentality in mind.
    Free to play here. 😒

@xNig doesn’t mean that it should be niche. Act 6 had a lot of “90% attack reduction unless you have x ability” or no retreat champion, do not go gentle, and other bs. How is that fair to anyone but whales like you? I have a fairly well built roster (f2p) but I don’t have champs like quake or ghost which greatly limits almost everything I do

Read the announcement from Kabam a year plus back. It’s explicitly stated that roster breadth is required for further content introduced in the game.
    Which path exactly do you need Ghost or Doom?
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    the way i look at it is its a new start to a new story line...book 2 act 1...instead of continuing the difficulty level from book 1 act 6 kabam should refresh of the difficulty have 4* champs on the quest...force players to use only 2 or 3* champs...that way the content is not a walkover and funky nodes do just enough to keep the content interesting ..also gives newer players an option to choose whether they want to start off with book 1 or 2...sadly none of this is going to be considered and ultimately we will be at a stage where even a r5 6* wont be enough to counter and each fight will be like an AoL fight...
  • jammybstrdjammybstrd Posts: 36
    edited May 2020
    Do you guys remember act 5, where any champion could be used to clear fights? Where one mistake didn't kill off your champion instantly? Even the collector, who was lauded as the biggest cash grab fight in the whole act was be taken down by 4/40 champs, dormammus and daredevils were getting usage despite never being at the top of the meta.

Now compare it to act 6. I'm almost done act 6 100% and the amount of stuff I have had to quake is unbelievable. Sometimes I look at fights and wonder, 'how do people do this without her?' The attack values are ridiculous, the node combinations are absurd and the champion restrictions are suffocating. I've enjoyed parts of the quests, but the final hurdle of 6.4 100% is an absolute slog.

Why are there so many roadblock fights with a handful of counters? One thinks of 6.3.3 mysterio or 6.4.2 king groot. Why can so many paths be run by only one or two champions in my roster? The only champ in my roster that had a chance of doing anything on 6.4.1 gimme path was magik. Act 5 never had these problems, it was just bring who you like using and enjoy yourself.

Now we come to act 7. Act 7 has got to be the worst content design I've ever seen. You would have thought they learned their mistakes from act 6 and brought back the act 5/variant feel of gameplay.

Instead we get absolutely rubbish nodes like pressure gauge, mercy and combinations like do.you bleed and inverted immunity. The sabertooth fight in 7.1.2 was ridiculous, forcing you to parry whilst at the same time making the opponent unblockable off a node that was created to reward intercepting. And it's not like this is a one off fight, you have to go through this every time you clear a path.

In my opinion, the current act 7 should be complelty scrapped. It is awful, awful design and needs to be heavily rethought. The game is not yet ready for another garbage content drop so quickly after the end of act 6, and I would prefer kabam to go back and redo act 7, even if it takes another few months. The suggestions in this thread should maybe be taken on board when designing this content.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I feel like Kabam should consider the term "roster breadth" in terms of overall champs, regardless of tier, instead of just your variety of 6*s. As of now, the lower tier champs never get to see daylight except for arena grinds, but think of all the potential that could be had if we had started all over again. As endgame players (or close to endgame), we have a huge array of champs of differing tiers. Think about all the content you could make if lower tier champs were taken into consideration.

It could be like Variant 4.
    You could mix and match tiers so that a path has a gate that requires 5 2*s, but only contains 4* fights, while another path requires 3 2*s and has 6* fights. This way all tiers are used.
    Maybe have fights that restrict your roster in terms of tiers. Have a 4000 PI fight only using 2*s and then the next fight is a 45000 using 6*s, then the boss is a 18000 fight using 3*s. Imagine all the combinations and the importance of building a well-rounded team.
    Introduce nodes like the Colorblind one from Incursions. Maybe make a node where 1*s are have a higher attack rating than 6*s, but without changing the champion's health so that the players have to perfect their intercepts because taking too many blocked hits with a 1* would mean death. So much could be added, but choosing to just up the attack and health pools really ain't it.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,452 ★★★★
    Whoever designed grandmaster should probably be the only one who designs future content
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I think community reception to the Grandmaster, some of the cool interactions with boosts in Incursions like Buff Cornucopia and Variants 2-4 should be what future content is modelled off.

Ignore the fact that V2-4 are relatively easy for end game players, they’re fun. They don’t force you to use a specific champion - they guide you to use certain types of champions, all of which can be worked around if you don’t have any who fit the bill perfectly. End result - fun. Variant 2 was awesome ripping things to pieces with Venom on 2x bleed nodes, Variant 3 was awesome for turning Sentinel into the Terminaltor. Variant 4 let me plat champions I haven’t touched outside of arena in 6 months.

The grandmaster - the ultimate test - soloable on any path, by any champion in the entire game. Obviously there are better options and if you had the choice, your ramped up Aegon is going in ahead of your er, Groot. But the way that fight it set up, Groot can do it. That’s what high end content should be about, taking literally the worst champions, in the game, with no utility, damage or real uses, and being able to solo the hardest fight there is. Not because that champion is the perfect counter in the description, but because you, the player is the perfect counter for the Grandmaster.
  • Hey there, I'd like to reemphasize that what you see in the beta is subject to change. After all, getting feedback and seeing what can be changed or improved before the content is actually released is one of the main points of a beta. In fact, we're about to implement a change to beta content based on player feedback, reducing the Attack Boost of the Champions being fought in Act 7, Quests 1 and 2 from 400/300% to 200%, and preemptively making similar changes to Quest 3 for when it is put into beta.

We'll still be working on collecting data from players for analysis to see what further changes could be made, and will continue to do so after the beta ends, so if you're in the beta, make sure to give it a try with those new changes and provide your feedback in the beta forum.
This discussion has been closed.