**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What would you like to see Kabam tackle first?

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
Hey all, sure Seatin may have sparked something this evening, but a lot of us have been feeling this way about certain content for a long time. If you could suggest a starting point for Kabam to begin 'fixing', where would it be?

What would you like to see Kabam tackle first? 205 votes

Change Act 7 design to include buffs that increase champion viability (Incursions style)
18%
DarthVadidX_ScottSas72404Bergy25Lvernon15SiddhantKwatraPy2x453Duke_SilverTheHeroDeservedJwang1MysterioRemeliColinwhitworth69WoozieEtjamaGreegoboiArham1Obaid_Jacob03BahubaliMazra 37 votes
Change AW design to cap alliances at 10 members, and create reward-specific arenas to keep competition balanced
3%
QuattrucciDerSchneemacherRehan010_King_Leo321Dominic518Serious_786RebornMVP 7 votes
Change Arena design from a mindless grind to something a little more puzzling or rewarding
13%
StefanjonesSundance_2099Cheeseontoast1GodrohrkikiFurieuxDuffMcGruffSaransh245Manav_preet0808Scopeotoe987cookiedealerKentBadPullsMarcoCount_WillisRockypantherxLordNeoPHJfinDonrefre_I_Cage_1dot_ditto 28 votes
Change Resource management strategy to improve Summoner access to difficult content (buff energy, ISO)
8%
Moh10or_Strongshadow_lurker22brandinhoXva23Adityatheaawesomabqberab28pStrongmen101DJMNHdeepblack12NockoUvealfireMathgeekSavageLil_LasagnaSkyLord7000 17 votes
Invest more time reworking weaker champions to balance out the crystal pool and improve overall content viability
46%
Mr_PlatypusSeverus35A_Noob_Is1ArrsssLewisTheLlamaAndyB1985TendersquadzuffyManup456Chovnerjdrum663JP1119quando213ege999menMqc19Mohit_7Wsm10Taiphoon_zeroHammerbro_64Mad_Titan_21 95 votes
Other (please specify)
10%
Ravenrob_33Deacon03GbabyfreshRaymundo86MoosetiptronicFernandoFM91OpandemonioJChanceH9Rodomontade_Boi007md92Dead1AngusMac279KalantakSuman_sahAUmbertoDelRioH3t3rTheInfintySuperiorSymbioteahmynutsIAMAMERC 21 votes

Comments

• Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Other (please specify)
    RookieXX said:

Make gold more available. Yes this is a really old demand but for many people arena is just too tiring, boring, stressful (to eyes and sometimes long term grinding may affect mental health (imo)) and time consuming. Many of us have so many champions to rank up for content but the sheer lack of gold prevents us from unlocking our rosters highest potential

Or maybe I'm silly

That falls under Resource management strategy, which is a big point for me too:)
    Oh. Sorry I didn't see gold and just went on. Half unconscious right now haha
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★

RookieXX said:

Make gold more available. Yes this is a really old demand but for many people arena is just too tiring, boring, stressful (to eyes and sometimes long term grinding may affect mental health (imo)) and time consuming. Many of us have so many champions to rank up for content but the sheer lack of gold prevents us from unlocking our rosters highest potential

Or maybe I'm silly

That falls under Resource management strategy, which is a big point for me too:)
    Oh. Sorry I didn't see gold and just went on. Half unconscious right now haha
    Haha cheers man
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Change Act 7 design to include buffs that increase champion viability (Incursions style)
    All need work tbh. For me, I’ve accepted Act 6 for what it is, a true watershed moment in MCOC.

I think that for the game’s future, a positive release of Book 2 is essential, as a poor one is going to turn off the most loyal and most importantly for Kabam, some of its biggest spenders.

I wrote in a different post that I thought that the Grandmaster fight was the best fight in the game because it doesn’t test your roster, it tests your skill. In theory I could bring Groot in there and solo it (I can’t because I’m not good enough, but there are plenty of players who have that ability). The true limitation of high end content should be player ability, not roster. If I’m going to plank to a champion, I want it to be because I failed to dodge a special or pushed to Sp3 etc. Not because there’s only one champion that can handle that specific node combination and I don’t have the lucky 1/24 to pull it from the featured - or even worse if I’m a newer player and can’t pull it from the 1/170 in the basic pool.

Hard, difficult content is fine if it’s in this format, a few quirky nodes here and there aren’t a bad thing, but you need a masters degree to decipher some of the stuff that they’re pulling out of the woodwork at the moment.

Best content - V2-4 because they either ramped up certain types of champ and allowed you to use previously redundant rarities.

Worst content - 6.2

——
    I think AW in and of itself isn’t in burning need for change - at the top end mistakes are punishing, which is what I would expect at the pinnacle. What I would like to see though is reward for that extra stress and skill. Losing a war in T2 and getting 180 4* is a farce. If I’m beating one of the top 50 alliances in the game I should be getting 2k 5* and 500 6*. At the end of a month’s hard playing, placing in that top 50 should get me the resources to rank up a lot of high end champions and a cash prize to go with it too.

TL/DR - AW format ok IMO rewards awful.

Resources:
    I think that the biggest resource that F2P players struggle with is taking champs to a high signature level. I’ve got 15 R5s, all awakened, some naturally, and only 4 are max sig. The only permanent sources of 5* sigs are LoL, UC MEQ, Master MEQ so on average you’re looking at almost 2 years to max sig a champion so you’re almost never getting the full experience of playing with your roster unless you dump some serious pennies on the game.
    ESF said:

It would be nice to see all things addressed — it really would —but to me, my opinion, Kabam lost the plot by not understanding how fundamental the buffing/reworking of weaker or more popular characters is to fans of Marvel characters

I made a post about Magneto yesterday or the day before that was deleted IMMEDIATELY

That shows you that someone just doesn’t understand the frustration that players feel

This game is five years old, and people have been begging for buffs to weaker characters or popular characters for years. Just begging for them

And they just won’t do it, but they keep releasing harder and harder content that a lot of people don’t want to try because they don’t trust their roster

People would be so happy if Kabam buffed characters that they liked consistently, with purpose and energy

Can you imagine the excitement if a Magneto buff was announced? Or OG Hulk or the StarkTech characters like OG Iron Man, Superior Iron Man or Iron Patriot?

But they just won’t do it

I totally agree with you man. Plus it would present them with an opportunity to address Act 7 pain points WITHIN the redesign of those weaker champions. Smh Kabam where you at?
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Change Resource management strategy to improve Summoner access to difficult content (buff energy, ISO)
    More ways to obtain signature stones.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I think the hacks in Incursions are a huge win for the game, and it makes playing so fun I don't even care what rewards I get. I run Incursions even when the rewards have already been collected for the current 5-day span.

I play this game only to have fun, and I define fun as collecting new champs that I like or are fun to play. I like challenges but am in no way interested in battling stupidly hard node combinations or spending my way thru a quest just so I can be faced with something even more stupidly difficult.

Incursions was a sign that Kabam cares about players having fun. We could use more of that.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Invest more time reworking weaker champions to balance out the crystal pool and improve overall content viability
    RookieXX said:

ESF said:

It would be nice to see all things addressed — it really would —but to me, my opinion, Kabam lost the plot by not understanding how fundamental the buffing/reworking of weaker or more popular characters is to fans of Marvel characters

I made a post about Magneto yesterday or the day before that was deleted IMMEDIATELY

That shows you that someone just doesn’t understand the frustration that players feel

This game is five years old, and people have been begging for buffs to weaker characters or popular characters for years. Just begging for them

And they just won’t do it, but they keep releasing harder and harder content that a lot of people don’t want to try because they don’t trust their roster

People would be so happy if Kabam buffed characters that they liked consistently, with purpose and energy

Can you imagine the excitement if a Magneto buff was announced? Or OG Hulk or the StarkTech characters like OG Iron Man, Superior Iron Man or Iron Patriot?

But they just won’t do it

I totally agree with you man. Plus it would present them with an opportunity to address Act 7 pain points WITHIN the redesign of those weaker champions. Smh Kabam where you at?
    People hate it when I bring it up, but that is why Synergies have been so bad for the long term.

See, if you ask Kabam, they will probably tell you that Synergies are buffs.

When it is actually the opposite, when you are forced to use limited resources to rank up characters and then drag them along in tough content because the original character doesn’t have the buff applied

They just don’t see the game the way a lot of us do — how could anyone who plays this game think that it’s a good feeling to grind for months and pull a 6-star DPX or Juggernaut?

That’s how you know that Kabam lost the plot — it’s about the characters and their kits

Everything else comes second, and by a lot
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Reducing timeline for reworks from 8+ months to 2-3 months AT MOST. Actually working on meme champs rather than releasing 20 different versions of the same champion. I wouldn't be opposed to taking time off new champs and actually working on old champs. Champs like groot have been irrelevant since act 1. If you aren't going to buff old champs, get rid of their 6* rarity at least so it doesn't feel as bad. They need to increase the accessibility of 6* champs/t5cc or reduce these ridiculous attack pools. Maxed out 5* are getting their bottoms wiped by that block damage now.

Act 6 is pretty much a gone case and at this point we shouldn't expect them to actually fix any of the bs in that piece of content. They can at least learn from it tho and take down the beta and come up with a post that states they have understood our feedback and will look to make book 2 chapter 1 actually refreshing and enjoyable to play as opposed to feeling terrible as you try to clear through it (which is how I'm feeling exploring act 6).

Arenas need to be revamped because it is just horrible, terrible time sink. Gold and iso need to be more accessible either through specific quests that give a good amount of both OR increase the iso you can get from duping champs. It makes no sense that duping a 6* is the equivalent of duping a 4* in terms of iso. This is completely illogical.

Alliance wars are complete waste of time. It should not be a 48 hour time sink. Maybe reduce the duration and decrease timer from 1hr to 30mins and boost those rewards. At the moment even with all the reward increase they have done, it still isn't worth the time or effort to deal with flow/siphon. If they get rid of global nodes completely it would be awesome because it has not promoted diversity whatsoever.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Other (please specify)
    They need to fix AW and Act 7 first because if they lose the whales the games done for
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Sas72404 said:

Here are my thoughts. I got invited to the act 7 beta. I am having no problems with the easy paths, but some of the paths just suck. For example, there's a buffed up symbiote supreme with emp mod and icarus. Who can handle that besides thing or sparkles potentially? Corvus can't because of emp mod and instant stagger to get rid of charges. And then we go on to the modok boss. I have a lot of problems with him. The problem with him is the linked nodes. Think about this for a second. There is only one champ that is incinerate and bleed immune (iceman). That modok is nearly impossible without the roster, especially since its an option about what you take out. (Freezer burn, biohazard, limber). That modok is too champ specific. Not everyone has a corvus or a ghost. That sabretooth in front of the modok also just sucks because there're only 3 champs I've found to counter based on what I've heard. Problem is that I don't have any of those 3. If you make any changes to Act 7, please make it way less roster specific because not everyone has the roster to deal with that kind of stuff. I've completed 6.4 so I know I have a strong roster

Colossus and Emma are also bleed and incinerate immune.
    Emma is only bleed and incinerate immune in her diamond form
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Why do you think placing a cap of 10 members per alliance is an improvement from the current system?

Why do you think placing a cap of 10 members per alliance is an improvement from the current system?

The cap facilitates alliance management and promotes competition by breaking up the giant factions sitting at the top. The spread of endgame players across the league(s) would do well to bring more balance to the economy. And an effective way of achieving that would be to have 'reward-specific' alliance arenas. A pick-your-battle kind of mechanism where you enter an arena with your alliance and battle other alliances for the rewards offered by that arena. Each arena could offer a specific type of reward such as gold, units, alphas, catalysts, shards, etc. Instead of the one size fits all mechanism where progress is limited and rewards don't always help roster progression.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I was reading very old posting and the idea on MMO is that alliance management is itself a challenge on coordination and time management.

While roster strength is definitely a big plus, managing a 30 people alliance is quite another feat.

I am thinking more that at lower tiers the number of alliance members starts with 10 and once achieving into a certain bracket then only can grow to 20 or 30.

So even if the 10 member alliance is stack with 6* r3, they should not be able to get rewards of alliance with more than 10 members. I am over-simplifying the idea but breaking up alliance to smaller grouping does not sound correct.

I was reading very old posting and the idea on MMO is that alliance management is itself a challenge on coordination and time management.

While roster strength is definitely a big plus, managing a 30 people alliance is quite another feat.

I am thinking more that at lower tiers the number of alliance members starts with 10 and once achieving into a certain bracket then only can grow to 20 or 30.

So even if the 10 member alliance is stack with 6* r3, they should not be able to get rewards of alliance with more than 10 members. I am over-simplifying the idea but breaking up alliance to smaller grouping does not sound correct.

That's an interesting point, and whether or not the limit is capped at 30, there's no doubt that AW needs major redesign.

Honestly if they put their minds to it, think of all the cool things they could do. @UmbertoDelRio suggested introducing bases. Now imagine those bases are set in various Marvel-themed arenas (Wakanda, Atlantis, Latveria, etc) and the objective is to build the strongest base by unlocking different nodes for your base and strategically building an optimal base. Then, the rewards could be arena-specific.

Latveria: Catalysts & exclusive Latverian title (& a Doombot lol).
    Atlantis: Gold & exclusive Atlantean title, etc.
    Wakanda: ISO & exclusive Wakandan title, etc.

Just an idea.
  • FernandoFM91FernandoFM91 Posts: 14
    Other (please specify)
    all of the above especially gold
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Just pulled an Aegon. 0 sig stones in inventory. Not enough sig stones to grind in the game.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    I voted for one.. but I would have gone with All the Above..
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Justice for magneto