**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Long Does It Take For A Rework?

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
(Sorry for this being my third thread in the last 24 hours but I think this is important)

How long does a rework take today on the forums I’ve seen lots of comments on this matter and saying stop releasing new champs and only focus on reworking most people don’t realize how long reworks actually take

Testing- So the first thing kabam does when starting a rework is test the champ in content at its current form and gathers data to see how well they preform in content this is quite long actually take Colossus and Hulkbuster for examples. This takes around 1-2 months as a guess.

The New Abilities this is easily the longest part of the rework process it can take months as seen by hulkbuster to get abilities made because they can’t just add some more damage and call it a day they actually try to make the champ really good and they have always made the new rework champs at the least pretty good and and the very best arguably best in there class AKA Colossus. This is not as easy as giving more attack and calling it a day. This can take around 2-4 months

Beta Test- Finally the last stage this is when the players get to test the champ out after the beta is over kabam takes feedback and makes final changes before release the time between beta and release is around 1-2 months and sometimes 3-4 as seen by oml and Colossus

So adding up the time this takes around 6-8 months to do making a rework is not just adding more attack it takes a lot more effort then just giving them more attack.

Lastly I’d like to talk about the people saying to stop releasing new champs and solely focus on reworking. My guess is that kabam has a deal where they must release new champs because of marvel. And secondly making new champs is also a big part of there marketing to help draw new players in if they didn’t add new champs like black widow and red guardian they wouldn’t have anything to promote their game because reworking champs doesn’t scream Hey Come play my game! Adding new champs does make new players want to join

But that’s just my thoughts I really wanted to make a post about this.

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    8-10 months as proven
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    edited May 2020

8-10 months as proven

Exactly reworks are not one and dones they take time to do
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Depends on where that rework is positioned in terms of priority.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    new animations also take a fair bit
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    I’m sorry, but it’s abilities, not abiltys

I’m sorry, but it’s abilities, not abiltys

Damn man I’ll go edit
    gianleo said:

Did they confirm who is buffed along with HB this time or this is the exception that only 1 champ will get a rework?

Hulkbuster is the only one who is getting a rework for this one
  • So It is easy for kabaam nerf than to buff. You can alter she-hulk animation in way not to be able to combo into heavy in a space of a month or less, tweak morning star not to regen at 10% 6.2 the champion but you cant minor tweaks to some numbers of some old champions.

It isn't just quick like that. They show that they were investigating the MS bug and that the FIX won't be implemented until June. It all depends on what the interaction is and what also interacts with it.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★

So It is easy for kabaam nerf than to buff. You can alter she-hulk animation in way not to be able to combo into heavy in a space of a month or less, tweak morning star not to regen at 10% 6.2 the champion but you cant minor tweaks to some numbers of some old champions.

It isn't just quick like that. They show that they were investigating the MS bug and that the FIX won't be implemented until June. It all depends on what the interaction is and what also interacts with it.
    They want see the player base reactions don't be deceived.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

So It is easy for kabaam nerf than to buff. You can alter she-hulk animation in way not to be able to combo into heavy in a space of a month or less, tweak morning star not to regen at 10% 6.2 the champion but you cant minor tweaks to some numbers of some old champions.

This again? They aren't tweaking MS. They are investigating the interaction of life steal and indestructible. And its still under investigation. Even BWCV wasn't immediately done either.
  • BłADEBłADE Posts: 148
    cant wait for the hulkbuster re work just got him as 4* from aw rewards. if he worth the buff like colussus ima take him straight to r5 dupe him and shove him in aw defense :D
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Good points.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

(Sorry for this being my third thread in the last 24 hours but I think this is important)

How long does a rework take today on the forums I’ve seen lots of comments on this matter and saying stop releasing new champs and only focus on reworking most people don’t realize how long reworks actually take

Testing- So the first thing kabam does when starting a rework is test the champ in content at its current form and gathers data to see how well they preform in content this is quite long actually take Colossus and Hulkbuster for examples. This takes around 1-2 months as a guess.

The New Abilities this is easily the longest part of the rework process it can take months as seen by hulkbuster to get abilities made because they can’t just add some more damage and call it a day they actually try to make the champ really good and they have always made the new rework champs at the least pretty good and and the very best arguably best in there class AKA Colossus. This is not as easy as giving more attack and calling it a day. This can take around 2-4 months

Beta Test- Finally the last stage this is when the players get to test the champ out after the beta is over kabam takes feedback and makes final changes before release the time between beta and release is around 1-2 months and sometimes 3-4 as seen by oml and Colossus

So adding up the time this takes around 6-8 months to do making a rework is not just adding more attack it takes a lot more effort then just giving them more attack.

Lastly I’d like to talk about the people saying to stop releasing new champs and solely focus on reworking. My guess is that kabam has a deal where they must release new champs because of marvel. And secondly making new champs is also a big part of there marketing to help draw new players in if they didn’t add new champs like black widow and red guardian they wouldn’t have anything to promote their game because reworking champs doesn’t scream Hey Come play my game! Adding new champs does make new players want to join

But that’s just my thoughts I really wanted to make a post about this.

I don't think releasing new champs absolutely needs to stop for them to get reworks/buffs out in a much, much, much (did I say much because I meant MUCH faster timeframe. They could work in the champs that need new animations with the champs that don't and make more acceptable progress. Seemingly the updated animations can be done faster than the abilities. The full bore ability reworks in some cases are not needed. OML already had a good kit. The numbers only needed bumping up and instead we got the weird unasked for null bleed passive system, he lost his passive regen and it still took forever. Pun2099 already has a good kit, the numbers on it just suck. Same for Joe Fixit and a bunch of other champs.

There's already a ton of data. Not just for our champs, but for the cpu champs as well to see what values fall in their acceptable range and how it would affect the game. No good reason that it takes as it does if they were serious about at the very least giving every champ a once-over. They already reuse assets, why couldn't they go take out the stupid looking old gender heavies for example and replace them with a selection of existing moves that make more sense?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Fabwizi said:

Well, they don't even change the character model or animation.

It's just that they do not want to, if it's like they can't, then God help kabam.

They sometimes change animations. For example, they changed Colossus. It may not seem that way because his animations were changed before his update was released, but that was because his new animations accidentally went live ahead of time and Kabam decided not to revert it.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    I guarantee you kabam could easily rework 3 champs every month (not including making a new character model and/or animation). I'm sure we all have lots of ideas to tweak the abilities of bad champs, such as Daredevil's critical hits receiving true accuracy plus a high chance to armour break, Juggernaut gaining an attack boost while unstoppable, Rhino gaining a stackable fury while dashing in and many others.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

They want see the player base reactions don't be deceived.
    Tin foil hat time?
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    I really wish Kabam could give a time frame on reworks and their process doing them. Like how many months it takes to brainstorm abilities then actual testing in each piece of content.
  • drakeWARLORDdrakeWARLORD Posts: 21
    @TheInfinty they could stop focusing on introducing newer champs for a while, im pretty sure they put lot of work making new champs look good which makes them money. Current rework is taking time because they are doing it as side purpose, they already mentioned this before.
    I'm just saying they can make it as their only purpose for 2-3 months and buff/tweak 10-20 of older champs.....

@TheInfinty they could stop focusing on introducing newer champs for a while, im pretty sure they put lot of work making new champs look good which makes them money. Current rework is taking time because they are doing it as side purpose, they already mentioned this before.
    I'm just saying they can make it as their only purpose for 2-3 months and buff/tweak 10-20 of older champs.....

Ok so what is everybody else going to do in those 2-3 months if they are solely focused on fixing champs they won’t have any content to make and new characters to make the game would most likely fall of a cliff in popularity if they didn’t make new content @drakeWARLORD
  • drakeWARLORDdrakeWARLORD Posts: 21

Ok so what is everybody else going to do in those 2-3 months if they are solely focused on fixing champs they won’t have any content to make and new characters to make the game would most likely fall of a cliff in popularity if they didn’t make new content @drakeWARLORD
    There are lot of ways they can do this
    One example, they can reintroduce older champs in the new event quests with buffed up abilities. I'm pretty sure people aren't playing this game to spend their money on it, but playing this game for the fun and thrill. They could also revisit older more popular events like rockets scrapyard or my little symbiote to keep people entertained and rewarded. At the end all the new events they introduce are the same as previous month's with slightly updated rewards.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Does anyone remember the Rebalancing program? That, but go to the very first Champion of the game and start working from there.

If every Champion had some base level of usability, different utilities and slightly different playstyles, it'd actually make sense to call the game a 170 Champion game. This will shift the game's meta in a horrible way, but if it's for the greater good then, maybe it could work.