**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Everyone hates AW, but AQ is much worse

AQ is on par with arena as the most boring mode in MCOC. It is so repetitive and static and its just so damn boring. Yes the rewards are great, but its so much dedication to something we do everyday. At least in war you face different enemies and different alliances and its not the exact same thing everytime. Im not praising AW, its also not great, i just hate AQ and hate how it is mandatory to play it to progress and how its awfully repetitive.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Well flow make AW almost the same ever war
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

AQ is also like 5 minutes a day

Bro what? I have to login more than 5 times a day to complete my path because 5 energy is barely enough. I even sometimes wake up middle of the night because for 1 day i forgot to check in for the 5th time and end up not completing my path, all to wake up the next day to the same loop happening again.
    Really? what map do you run and what time zone are you in? I know for Euro players logging in can be a challenge
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

I like AQ better cuz its at least consistent rewards and not rng based

This^
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Huh? Best reward game mode bar uncollected EQ. Log in 3 times a day, for 5 days on map 4, get 3200+ glory in a decent alliance, which is only 80m points.

If you are having to log in, in the middle of the night to play this game, you may need to find a new alliance. You don't need to run map 5 (let alone 6/7) to get very decent glory.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Huh? Best reward game mode bar uncollected EQ. Log in 3 times a day, for 5 days on map 4, get 3200+ glory in a decent alliance, which is only 80m points.

If you are having to log in, in the middle of the night to play this game, you may need to find a new alliance. You don't need to run map 5 (let alone 6/7) to get very decent glory.

Timezones exist dude. Not all have the option to only do AQ during the day. We all don't live in Canada.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Timezones exist dude. Not all have the option to only do AQ during the day. We all don't live in Canada.
    I'm UK, as is a decent chunk of the alliance, the rest US ish. AQ starts 8pm GMT. On map 4, you have the first boss down by 11pm. When I log in, over tea and toast in the morning, often the second boss is going down. Leaving 10+ hours to do the last section.

Honestly, having played map 5, I don't know how or why people run it anymore once you get to 7k+ prestige. You can run map 4, with far less coordination, no donations, very little time commitment, for decent enough glory; 3200+ each round.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    The problem with AQ is that yes, it's repetitive. But if they do change AQ, like how they did with the current Variation in Map 6, it does change a lot of rankups, lane changes and even difficulty that the developers don't seem to understand shouldn't be there. It becomes a pain for the officers to again organize lanes, based on timezones and rosters. Because as much as we would like to think that the game is based on skill, luck has a bigger role when it comes to things like the lanes. Because there are fights/lanes that you just can't take without the right champs.
    On the other hand, AQ is very rewarding. It's consistent rankup rewards that you pretty much know you will get if you do it. It's boring, but you know what to expect. Modifiers have helped spice it up, but I would prefer being able to choose from all 8 rather than a set of 5 that they choose. Or even adding more modifiers, but allowing us to choose from all of them. Adds a different feel to it.
    But the best thing to avoid it being a drag would just be to reduce the timers. 30 min timers would be so much better. Or reducing the linked nodes. Keeping linked nodes to the mini boss is fine. But the number of interlinked nodes, while encouraging communication also means that if someone is late/can't get on due to emergencies, everyone else can get stuck at the higher maps.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    walkerdog said:

The problem with AQ is that yes, it's repetitive. But if they do change AQ, like how they did with the current Variation in Map 6, it does change a lot of rankups, lane changes and even difficulty that the developers don't seem to understand shouldn't be there. It becomes a pain for the officers to again organize lanes, based on timezones and rosters. Because as much as we would like to think that the game is based on skill, luck has a bigger role when it comes to things like the lanes. Because there are fights/lanes that you just can't take without the right champs.
    On the other hand, AQ is very rewarding. It's consistent rankup rewards that you pretty much know you will get if you do it. It's boring, but you know what to expect. Modifiers have helped spice it up, but I would prefer being able to choose from all 8 rather than a set of 5 that they choose. Or even adding more modifiers, but allowing us to choose from all of them. Adds a different feel to it.
    But the best thing to avoid it being a drag would just be to reduce the timers. 30 min timers would be so much better. Or reducing the linked nodes. Keeping linked nodes to the mini boss is fine. But the number of interlinked nodes, while encouraging communication also means that if someone is late/can't get on due to emergencies, everyone else can get stuck at the higher maps.

Or even 45 minute timers - I understand pressuring us some, but 1 hour is so freaking long!
    1 hr with linked nodes means that you HAVE to login multiple times for certain lanes. Which sucks.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    AQ is about as good as it gets for effort/reward ratio in this game
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    the game has been on for 5 years it's time for real time player vs player modes at least something
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

the game has been on for 5 years it's time for real time player vs player modes at least something

Maybe a Summoner Showdown type tournament may be interesting.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

I like AQ better cuz its at least consistent rewards and not rng based

They took all the RNG out of AW besides a t5cc crystal. AQ rewards are almost all RNG with all the map crystals you get each day and at the end.
  • SlimSandySlimSandy Posts: 11
    AQ was much more enjoyable that one weekend when there was an outage and they made the energy refresh every 30 minutes rather than every hour. We still had to log in to play, but it wasn't nearly as tedious and allowed for a lot more flexibility for people's schedules. I think they should consider making 30 minute energy timers the standard.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    The fact that I don't get members giving me the dirty look when I lose a champ in AQ compared to AW is more than enough proof that AQ is miles better.

But yeah, when I played higher maps the level commitment when it comes to AQ participation is ridiculous. I remember having to wake up early during the weekend just so that I can do my path and go back to sleep.

This game really has its way to force you to log in multiple times a day.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If your teammate are responsive and active, then AQ up to Map 5 can be finished quickly. Map 6/7 is another story.

If your teammate are not, then even Kabam reduce the timer from 1 hr to 30 mins, everyone stuck in linked note for Map 4 and above. Even worse, some stop even reached the link note and then never came back.........
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    AQ is boring?

Me: Try to take different paths in there. So you can experiment with different champs. It would be fun, at least from my experience.

Other people: Booo. Your opinions sucks!

Me: I know deep down you guys know I'm right LOL
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Everything in this game is boring now !!
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162

AQ is on par with arena as the most boring mode in MCOC. It is so repetitive and static and its just so damn boring. Yes the rewards are great, but its so much dedication to something we do everyday. At least in war you face different enemies and different alliances and its not the exact same thing everytime. Im not praising AW, its also not great, i just hate AQ and hate how it is mandatory to play it to progress and how its awfully repetitive.

I definitely cant compare AQ to arena because AQ takes maybe 15 minutes a day and solid rewards at the end. If you do 15 minutes of arena a day your not getting much of anything in comparison to the rewards you get for AQ for the same effort
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I may be in the minority but I wish the defenders changed every week. It gets boring acing the same champs on the same paths all the time. At least if the defenders changed it wouldn't be as repetitive.