**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What would you like to see Kabam tackle first?

2»

Comments

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Other (please specify)
    Honestly, I’ve played this game on and off since August 2015. I remember when the game first started and just having 4*s were a jackpot, like 6* r3 now. I had an issue with the game and support sent me a 3* as an apology. That feeling of Kabam truly caring for the players’ experience has been what I’ve missed the most. I don’t mean to say I never appreciate what they do- some content is a ton of fun: incursions are a lot of fun, regardless of whether they’re “worth” it for the rewards. I miss feeling like they care about each of our experiences.

Constantly having ways to get past the 6.2 Champion “fixed” is a good example of how they’re currently out of touch with the players IMO. Sure, these fixes may be true bugs, but it comes across as a parent taking a toy away. Maybe Kabam’s relationship with the player base is what I want fixed more than anything.

It wouldn’t be that difficult to put together a montage of a new champ in different scenarios with a narrator explaining how to play them. Or holding a monthly Q&A with the devs. Just something to feel like we’re dealing with people, and not just “Kabam”. Just something where we have a voice, and feel heard. Quite often that is not the case in the forums.

I want this game to have longevity, to be able to still play it in 5-10 years. Every decision can’t be a home run, but if the community feels they know the people behind the scenes, and has the ability to communicate with real people I think that could be the beginning of a relationship that would gradually merge the desires of the company with the content the players will ultimately be receptive of and excited to play. That relationship and open dialogue is what I think will ultimately fix the game.
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    Yea man, I'm not doing AW simply because it's too much time and stress involved for some crystal shards. AQ is better, but even that forces you to logon when you don't want to or can't. I'm Cavalier, but I have ABSOLUTELY no desire to push further. I could with my Roster, but I know I'll eventually hit a wall, get frustrated and be forced to rank up Champions I don't want to. Arenas...completely stopped doing them. Act 7, can't even talk about it, but it's basically Act 6 with bigger numbers?

What I will give Kabam is the monthly events/side events and new Champion Releases. Those are fun, and quite rewarding. My only real source of pulling new Champions this past few months really. Incursions had it's honeymoon period, but even now it feels like a chore to do. I don't know man, the burn out is real with this game like with any game. But it's probably worse with this one.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Invest more time reworking weaker champions to balance out the crystal pool and improve overall content viability
    It's sad how there are more than 170 champs in the game, yet only 1/10 of them are actually used in endgame content. Absolutely appalling, the game needs to balance champs quicker, not at the snail pace they are doing right now. I say we should have 2 reworked champs once every 2 months.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Invest more time reworking weaker champions to balance out the crystal pool and improve overall content viability
    Seatin’s announcement has really gutted me. He voiced so many of the concerns I already had and I’m just Cavalier with true reservation about attempting Act 6.2 based on the horror stories I’ve heard with Mr. Sinister and The Champion.

I hate to say it but... I may be done with the game. I’ve loved it but to know that the end gives no more fulfillment... I just don’t know if it’s worth it to press on or truly end this addiction.
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    Other (please specify)
    They will do nothing. Cause everyday many players joins the game or leaves the game. They r not doing anything for just one player (seatin), cause previously many good players & youtubers left the game. one player does not mean anything to kabam.

they introduce same character in different version (like og spiderman, starky are all same; same with og cap, capiw, og thor , thor rags. hulks, imiw, iron man, black widow & many more), so that the pool gets bigger & players cant get good champ, so they r forced to pay dollars to achieve the good champs. some people talk on this when a diff version champ comes, but in the end its all in crystal - pay more to get more chance to win a good champ. the have time to introduce 2 (3) champs everyday, but their rework time is more than 6 month after the champ got into the meme tier several years ago.

They can simply upgrade the og champs instead releasing newr version & upgrade other champs who are under performing & bring a couple new champs in 3/4 months exclusively like any other games. that way every champ will have their uses. so people will be happy pulling any champs (more happy when pulling ghost, domino obviously :p ).

AQ is now prestige war & AW is all about specific good champs at high rank (which is impossible for most of the player base. with that there r many nodes which blocks our basic gameplay strategy like blocking or dexing (in no retreat node) & punishes for doing that.

A game is meant to be stress-buster, but now a days almost every game specially this game has become stress inducer, you need to think, strategise evry move... this makes the players burnt out & bored & then they leave...
    Other (please specify)
    @winterthur I agree. The open dialogue with and humanization of the team is more what I think will drive positive game experience changes.

I love @DorkLessons developer meeting videos. That is exactly what I would like to see on a regular basis coming from within the company- not just interaction on the forums, but face time with the individuals behind the scenes and in the trenches of crafting game design and experience. So often we, the players, only have @Kabam Miike or “Kabam”, often this vague money hungry entity, to talk about in obscurity when airing our grievances or praise. It’s just not the reality of the situation; there are real people, not just usernames, there. I’d like the community to get to know them in a more human way.

There are many ways it could be done, and ultimately multiple ways it should be implemented in order to affect broader positive change.
  • Dead1Dead1 Posts: 226
    Other (please specify)
    Reduce the Attack or Health boost in act6 and variant content.
    Other (please specify)
    JChanceH9 said:

Honestly, I’ve played this game on and off since August 2015. I remember when the game first started and just having 4*s were a jackpot, like 6* r3 now. I had an issue with the game and support sent me a 3* as an apology. That feeling of Kabam truly caring for the players’ experience has been what I’ve missed the most. I don’t mean to say I never appreciate what they do- some content is a ton of fun: incursions are a lot of fun, regardless of whether they’re “worth” it for the rewards. I miss feeling like they care about each of our experiences.

Constantly having ways to get past the 6.2 Champion “fixed” is a good example of how they’re currently out of touch with the players IMO. Sure, these fixes may be true bugs, but it comes across as a parent taking a toy away. Maybe Kabam’s relationship with the player base is what I want fixed more than anything.

It wouldn’t be that difficult to put together a montage of a new champ in different scenarios with a narrator explaining how to play them. Or holding a monthly Q&A with the devs. Just something to feel like we’re dealing with people, and not just “Kabam”. Just something where we have a voice, and feel heard. Quite often that is not the case in the forums.

I want this game to have longevity, to be able to still play it in 5-10 years. Every decision can’t be a home run, but if the community feels they know the people behind the scenes, and has the ability to communicate with real people I think that could be the beginning of a relationship that would gradually merge the desires of the company with the content the players will ultimately be receptive of and excited to play. That relationship and open dialogue is what I think will ultimately fix the game.

I just wanted to say thanks for taking a step toward making with happen with Kabam John showcasing black widow today.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

JChanceH9 said:

I just wanted to say thanks for taking a step toward making with happen with Kabam John showcasing black widow today.
    You spoke, they listened @JChanceH9
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Other (please specify)
    It will take time. For now gold and some user friendly tweaks won't hurt. With current state and criticism and lockdown let them do their work at a pace they think helpful.

But for now little by little --

Adding a direct sell option in stash

removing civil warrior, joe fixit, 2 Cyclops, groot, moon knight, rhino, from basic 6 star poll. (Mags & juggy are first and foremost for buff so may be they will be useful)

changing the iso no. For 4 5 & 6 star champ. Dupe.
    4* 25 iso / 5* 35 iso / 6* 45 iso

adding 500 5 star shards for a 6 star dupe.

Adding little amount of units to uncollected monthly eq.

Adding gold in loyalty crystal.

removing unstoppable Colossus from loyalty store. Adding 5* wolverine & blackbolt exclusive fan favourite champ for loyalty store.
    P.s. and yes a 5 star wolverine will not break the game. Seriously :|

Introduction of cavilier monthly EQ difficulty.

Reduce 3 energy per tile for act 5 to 2 energy per tile, until the lockdown is over.

Just tweaking the rewards for monthly uncollected eq.
    Gold 500k exploration & 100% total 1 mil.
    250k exploration & 100% total 500k master

Introducing AWAKENING gem crystal fragments for uncollected 100% difficulty

Adding garantee 250 tier 5 basic frags in map 6 AQ crystal.

Only take out pools gold quest from sigil and make it available for general.
    Weekly 150k gold is helpful. Very very helpful.

Remove 3 star from Grandmaster crystal completely. For Cavilier players change it to maestro crystal. Basically confirm 4 star with a chance at 5 star hero. Grandmaster crystal is basically legendary crystal if i am not wrong.
    One garantee 4 star for a cavilier player weekly basis is not too much. Cheers. That extra iso will help with gold seriously.
    Have u seen the gold requirements for maxed out 5 star and rank 2 6 star?
    Now go see how much gold is distributed throughout heroic master and uncollected monthly EQ.
    The extreme LOL.

Adding some minor look and feel wise changes to menu and 4 5 6 star crystal style and design.

Adding. Minor information about the summoner's journey. Add the first year the summoner started playing this game on everyone's in game profile.
    Ex : journey started 2017.

Etc etc.... And whatever solution u guys come up with end game nearly finsihed
    Bored players it's on your hand.
    May be reduced the health pull and make the a.i faster and parry immune every act 7 champ.
    Make them neo 5 star or 6 star ( basically black 5 star or 6 star)
    Just exclusive for act 7.
    (Parry immune. Unblockble spacials. Adrenaline mechanism)

Lower health poll. But tremendous fast a.i
    They love challange give them challange.

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Everyone benefits from the weak champions being made viable/relevant..
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Change Act 7 design to include buffs that increase champion viability (Incursions style)
    I voted rework act 7 but i would add rework act 6 so that more people could complete it and reach act 7.

Because act 6 as it is right now will stop around 90% of the total player base to ever reach act 7
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 178
    Since it seems no other summoners were interested in voting on my thread, or I'm being censered by kabam, not sure which, I would like to see all of the a fore mentioned "improvements" be done. In addition, I would also like to see new and different content be worked into the game. IMHO doing the same thing month after month, grind for resources, beat another quest, grind in arena, it gets old real quick. So, changing the content would seem like a great place to start.
    Also, I would like to see obtaining resources be easier. IE: getting T5BC, T2AC, etc. These two things are the most needed when your trying to rank up your highest lvl champs, and T5BC is crazy difficult to get a hold of.

Also changing the champion rewards we get with the arena crystal, and the alliance crystal. As long as I've been playing, about two years now, these champions have never been changed.

These are just a few of the items that I believe need to be changed.. IF kabam actually cares what summoners have to say.
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 178
    007md92 said:

It will take time. For now gold and some user friendly tweaks won't hurt. With current state and criticism and lockdown let them do their work at a pace they think helpful.

But for now little by little --

Adding a direct sell option in stash

removing civil warrior, joe fixit, 2 Cyclops, groot, moon knight, rhino, from basic 6 star poll. (Mags & juggy are first and foremost for buff so may be they will be useful)

changing the iso no. For 4 5 & 6 star champ. Dupe.
    4* 25 iso / 5* 35 iso / 6* 45 iso

adding 500 5 star shards for a 6 star dupe.

Adding little amount of units to uncollected monthly eq.

Adding gold in loyalty crystal.

removing unstoppable Colossus from loyalty store. Adding 5* wolverine & blackbolt exclusive fan favourite champ for loyalty store.
    P.s. and yes a 5 star wolverine will not break the game. Seriously :|

Introduction of cavilier monthly EQ difficulty.

Reduce 3 energy per tile for act 5 to 2 energy per tile, until the lockdown is over.

Just tweaking the rewards for monthly uncollected eq.
    Gold 500k exploration & 100% total 1 mil.
    250k exploration & 100% total 500k master

Introducing AWAKENING gem crystal fragments for uncollected 100% difficulty

Adding garantee 250 tier 5 basic frags in map 6 AQ crystal.

Only take out pools gold quest from sigil and make it available for general.
    Weekly 150k gold is helpful. Very very helpful.

Remove 3 star from Grandmaster crystal completely. For Cavilier players change it to maestro crystal. Basically confirm 4 star with a chance at 5 star hero. Grandmaster crystal is basically legendary crystal if i am not wrong.
    One garantee 4 star for a cavilier player weekly basis is not too much. Cheers. That extra iso will help with gold seriously.
    Have u seen the gold requirements for maxed out 5 star and rank 2 6 star?
    Now go see how much gold is distributed throughout heroic master and uncollected monthly EQ.
    The extreme LOL.

Adding some minor look and feel wise changes to menu and 4 5 6 star crystal style and design.

Adding. Minor information about the summoner's journey. Add the first year the summoner started playing this game on everyone's in game profile.
    Ex : journey started 2017.

Etc etc.... And whatever solution u guys come up with end game nearly finsihed
    Bored players it's on your hand.
    May be reduced the health pull and make the a.i faster and parry immune every act 7 champ.
    Make them neo 5 star or 6 star ( basically black 5 star or 6 star)
    Just exclusive for act 7.
    (Parry immune. Unblockble spacials. Adrenaline mechanism)

Lower health poll. But tremendous fast a.i
    They love challange give them challange.

Totally agree with most everything that was suggested here, in addition to changing/improving the game content, whatever that would look like.