**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• HamptonHampton Posts: 6
    Look Kabam Mike or Kabam Karl or whoever you guys are. You turned a fun game into everything is so niche and abyss bs. We cant just have fun playing the story. We have to wait to get lucky for one champ to be able to progress. Keep that in abyss. Dont make every part of the game like that. It's not fun. And dont nerf champs man! So dumb! And dont get me started on the 6 USELESS 6stars I have. I dont even go after 6 star sharts anymore. Just focus on ranking my 5s because the pulls I've had are just idiotic.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★

Hey Everybody, I know this thread is continuing to grow, and there's lots of feedback here. You've kicked off some big discussions, and we've got lots to think about. I don't have anything more to add, and we probably won't have much to say for a few days, but I didn't want to end the day without letting you all know that you've been heard and that we're talking about your concerns.

Kabam please consider making Act 7 only doable with 2 stars, but still challenging nonetheless. It would be a great way to start a new book. Also it would be great if you slightly adjusted a few champs abilities every update, so that they can keep up with endgame content.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,609 ★★★★★

Hey Everybody, I know this thread is continuing to grow, and there's lots of feedback here. You've kicked off some big discussions, and we've got lots to think about. I don't have anything more to add, and we probably won't have much to say for a few days, but I didn't want to end the day without letting you all know that you've been heard and that we're talking about your concerns.

I hope you guys consider all we have said and make changes.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Interesting opinions here.

Seems like few people find satisfaction in clearing challenging content. Most want to be able to roll through content like in the earlier acts, given how much power has inflated in the game.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Kabam please consider making Act 7 only doable with 2 stars, but still challenging nonetheless. It would be a great way to start a new book. Also it would be great if you slightly adjusted a few champs abilities every update, so that they can keep up with endgame content.
    That’s more a variant kind of thing
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★

I completely agree. Didn't Kabam say that they didn't want this to be Act 7, they wanted it to be a brand new story? So why are they even calling it Act 7 now? Make it a new book that we can play with 2* or 3*. That V4 was sooooo much fun. Getting to whip out champs I don't have as 5* and using them again. Using BW again! I literally used BW, Thor, Void, Wasp, etc to complete the whole thing. All those champs I don't have as a 5* and it was so much fun.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Listen I do not view myself as a big account. I think I am middle to upper middle of this game. I have 17 champs at either r2 or r5. I am 3 paths away from 100% 6.3 but I have no real answer to the caustic temper path. I have played for over 4 years. How long am I supposed to be willing to wait and or, i give into hoe it is designed and just spend my way through it? The issue is the game design is no longer about fun and challenging, it’s about luck and spending.

Do you have any poison immune cosmic champions? There’s a good boost for that path

Listen I do not view myself as a big account. I think I am middle to upper middle of this game. I have 17 champs at either r2 or r5. I am 3 paths away from 100% 6.3 but I have no real answer to the caustic temper path. I have played for over 4 years. How long am I supposed to be willing to wait and or, i give into hoe it is designed and just spend my way through it? The issue is the game design is no longer about fun and challenging, it’s about luck and spending.

Do you have any poison immune cosmic champions? There’s a good boost for that path
    Only Medusa at r4 or guillotine 2099 and every fight on path is like lol

No heimdal, no Hyperion, no corvus, no cap mov
    This isn’t the post to talk about strategy, but Medusa is a great counter to that path. If you want more tips and advice, open up a new discussion post and I’ll be happy to offer more help but I want to keep focused on the topic at hand.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Thanks for posting again on here, really appreciate knowing you guys are reading this
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Gregdagr8 said:

I completely agree. Didn't Kabam say that they didn't want this to be Act 7, they wanted it to be a brand new story? So why are they even calling it Act 7 now? Make it a new book that we can play with 2* or 3*. That V4 was sooooo much fun. Getting to whip out champs I don't have as 5* and using them again. Using BW again! I literally used BW, Thor, Void, Wasp, etc to complete the whole thing. All those champs I don't have as a 5* and it was so much fun.
    Mostly because that's what most people think of it as. Technically, what people are calling Act 7 is in fact Book 2: Act 1 (that's what it is referred to in the Beta). But Book 2: Act 1 is longer, and also takes longer to explain.

But while it isn't a direct continuation of Act 6, it is still part of the progressional story content of the game. So the champion requirements for it will generally go upward, not downward, in line with roster progress. It is a new storyline, not a new game to start over in.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Seems like few people find satisfaction in clearing challenging content. Most want to be able to roll through content like in the earlier acts, given how much power has inflated in the game.

I'm sure there are a lot of people like that. But I'm hoping that the majority of players expressing the desire for content to be easier are just channeling frustration at content being insufficiently psychologically rewarding, and would change their minds if the content was designed with an eye towards a balance between punishing and rewarding mechanics. But I could be wrong there.
    I'm a big advocate for the lower stars thing. For me it has nothing to do with making things easier. It's part the psychological thing you mention quite adroitly and part just wanting to actually use different characters than the same ole same ole.

Besides, I'd argue rolling through "hard" content with Ghost ain't so hard anyway despite the arguments to the contrary lol
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    (6.
    Bulmkt said:

One problem I see for Kabam is this.

I presently own 12 6* champs and not one of them is worth ranking beyond 1. It takes me like 3-4 months to get a new 6* and i just seem to pull Meh champs. The best 2 in my roster are Dr Oct & Cull, but they aren't duped so I won't rank them beyond 1. I'm better off to continue to R5 the best five stars in my roster

Speaking of which, I also have 11 R5 5* - champs like Domino, Beardo Cap, Omega Red, SS, and others. Sure there are 5* champs I still don't own, champs like Stark and Hyperion, but even if I did today, I now wouldn't bother ranking them beyond 3 as I have a good enough 5* roster.

I can see the future of the game for more experienced players is 6* but unless Kabam make it easier to get them or reduce from the pool the garbage, I'll just be one player who'll burn out and do something else with my spare time.

Agreed, I’m in a similar spot progression wise. I’m honestly contemplating quitting - the game is very addicting: at first because of the joy of progression and then it slowly morphs into the stress of continuation. Once you reach a certain point at the endgame, you’re simply waiting for specific 6 Star champions - which still can take months to obtain.

I’m seriously saddened right now. Seeing Seatin so devastated mirrored my own reservations about continuing to play... This is a very sad day for MCOC.
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

I'm sure there are a lot of people like that. But I'm hoping that the majority of players expressing the desire for content to be easier are just channeling frustration at content being insufficiently psychologically rewarding, and would change their minds if the content was designed with an eye towards a balance between punishing and rewarding mechanics. But I could be wrong there.
    I agree. Generally I view content rewards as guaranteed rank up materials to push my roster further, compared to the rng of crystals.
    Bulmkt said:

the best content Kabam have put in this game to date has been Variant 4

the requirement to use champs from all Star rating levels was excellent and they need more it.

Except it was so easy that almost everyone with a decent roster can explore it.
    Gmonkey said:

xNig said:

The issue for me is that it is not skill based but roster base. How often do you use beyond 20 characters for content rarely. I run the same few champs it would be nice to use others. Have more fights like the grandmaster not fights where you need one or two specific champs and because of Rng you are out of luck. I like the buff lane in 7.1.1 used venom was nice to use some more of my roster. Is it not a cake walk but was a nice change. Add specific buffs for bad champs on a lane or two, reworking takes too long It would be fun, challenging and different.
    I believe Kabam stated specifically that they want to move away from having a “group” of champs being able to handle everything the game has to offer.

Yes, this means people will have to rank up niche counters and not expect 10 R5s to explore every content they push out.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    It actually extends to characters that are pretty good -- take Silver Surfer, for example. Once you get the rotation down, the kit actually isn't that hard to play and it does above average damage -- not elite, maybe not great, but certainly above average.

And some people were really upset because above average doesn't necessarily cut it in Act 6.

That's when you know that there's a disconnect between content, kits and players
  • ArkhamButcherArkhamButcher Posts: 129
    Lvernon15 said:

If he wasn’t getting YouTube income for the game I’m pretty sure that video would be a quitting video rather than leaving his alliance, I reckon he will only upload the amount of videos he needs to get enough money to get by

He doesn't need to do it.He plays SDS Grand Cross on his alt and that is one of the best mobile games rn.You can upgrade the worst of the worst to be the best of the best in the game.He can easily get by with his alt.