**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rifts: Hit or miss?

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
In my opinion, this is one of the best side quests in the history of the game. I always hated rifts because of the RNG factor but they finally listened.
They're basically giving a 5* generic awakening gem in a side quest, I would take it even if I don't get ANY other rewards, which I definitely will. Thoughts?

Comments

• LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    It’s dull. Fair enough, the rewards are decent. But when there’s nothing else to do bar the standard UC event quest it’s really boring. Doesn’t look like we’ll be getting anything else. I hate to sound spoiled but when we get a lot of content in other months, it makes months like these just feel boring, especially with the general unrest at the moment.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    miss. they suck
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I don't need an AG so going random all month, but a pretty big miss for me. Too drawn out for my taste, but they can be good if you're more patient than I am. If I get no t5b from these all month it will be a complete waste of my time.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Rifts are Glance for me
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Ben miss for me but don’t really care
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    Hit for those who got awakening gem, 5* featured, 10k 5* shards, t2a

Miss for those who got 1000 5* shards, sig stones. 100 6* shards etc...
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Everyone can get an AG of their choice... it's essentially like being handed a generic gem.

How is that bad?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I think the concept is excellent, would have preferred not to grind out the 2* quest as well though. I think the 2* crystal is a nice touch, but hunting the target should be your intel source
    Shrimkins said:

Everyone can get an AG of their choice... it's essentially like being handed a generic gem.

How is that bad?

I’m don’t said it bad it just ben a miss because I’m don’t need a 5 star gym atm so can’t ikow what I’m need to take. So but for offer middle tier it great.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    My question is this: how will we know which day has the awakening gem we want?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian

My question is this: how will we know which day has the awakening gem we want?

You don’t, it’s random for everyone each time in.
    But you don’t need to use the Chronometer (basically a Gate Key) until after you’re in the quest and get to see if the AG is the one you want to use the Chron/Key on.
    0din said:

Gamer said:

Shrimkins said:

How is that bad?

I’m don’t said it bad it just ben a miss because I’m don’t need a 5 star gym atm so can’t ikow what I’m need to take. So but for offer middle tier it great.
    Same here. Should have included 6* stones etc
    I’m kind stil need sig ston for 5 star but again definitely Agerd culd ben 6 star sig ston to. Hopefully when cavalier if it even com Hav a few or more rewards then uc get now
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★

Hit for those who got awakening gem, 5* featured, 10k 5* shards, t2a

Miss for those who got 1000 5* shards, sig stones. 100 6* shards etc...

I'm in that miss section with all pulled in the same order 😭
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    I think the two big "misses" with this are:
    1) If you want to use the chronometer, you pretty much can't enter the rifts at all for the first 2 weeks. Is it worth it given that you're going to get an awakening gem? Absolutely, I'm happy to wait and props to Kabam, this was generous in my opinion. But it does kind of tamp down the enthusiasm and excitement for when it first comes out.
    2) The gap in rewards is HUGE. You could get an awakening gem or a featured crystal...or 100 6* shards. If there wasn't such a big gap, people would derive satisfaction that even if they didn't get their top choices, the reward is still decent-ish.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Mole Man side quest was much better.. though repetitive and tiring.. rewards were worth it..

Rifts chances are bad..thumbs down..
  • Bert1Bert1 Posts: 22

miss. they suck

i agree with this guy. the event is meh at best. I hate events with RNG rewards.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    I'm still TRYING to get a 5 star awakening gem for Ægon, but RNG sucks. Why didn't they make the chronometer easier to get
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★

it's been hit and miss for one of my rifts lol but I've also had a cosmic awakening gem and some Sig stones so far
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    Miss.
    Rifts are RNG on top of RNG. Even allowing for chronometer one time, this still results in a huge disparity in rewards.

To add insult to injury, this whole process is pretty cumbersome - fight a target (straightforward enough), change your team to 2 stars only to gain intel (with energy requirements in the path), go to store to spend intel, remember to change your team roster back from 2 stars before you enter your desired rift, then you have to fight your way through random path that requires 4 energy a node.

Requires too many steps and too much energy to have RNG on RNG (for all the runs that don't involve chronometer).

While the rewards can be great if you have good luck, the whole process is not fun and the UI choices don't make things as painless as it could be.
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    Huge hit. I pulled 1,000 6-star shards in my first try and now I’m saving for a chronometer.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    I did 4 rifts... All I got was 1k 5* shards twice, sig stone, 100 6* shards.. Meanwhile my ally members pulled 10k 5* shards, Featured 5* crystal, 1k 6* shards.. RNG sucks..
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Maybe it's just me but I feel most of the people who are complaining just do not want to wait for the chronometer.
    Imo you can't go wrong with a 5* awakening gem. It's gonna be useful now or later.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    This rift is the best one i bought the master chronometer and got a 4* mutant awakening gem and duped archangel
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Lots of comments on this thread have assumed the class gem they want would even appear on the map, its a 90% chance for 13 runs but RNG can be one sided...