**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★

To be fair though, and you seem to keep missing this, but they've done quite a few "tweaks" before to champions without having a beta. Gamora, Hulk, abomination, winter soldier, hawkeye, punisher, Magik...and a few more i'm forgetting - all had changes done in the monthly updates with no betas required. Some of them were very small like animation changes that added abilities, some were more extensive like Gamora, but all of them didn't get a dedicated beta for their changes. Only when they started doing "full" reworks like venom, luke cage, she hulk, red hulk, etc did they start doing the wider beta testing with the players.

Small attribute changes shouldn't take an entire dedicated beta to test and see if they make the champs better. No change that small like the examples I listed would unbalance the game or require some extensive testing period to get results. For a company that pulls in hundreds of millions of dollars a year in revenue, it's not being unreasonable for players to request some small changes in older champs to make them somewhat viable in current content. Full reworks, yes, we understand the time commitment and having to do betas for them. But some middle ground and a sense of urgency in fixing these older champs diluting the 6 star pool would go a long way to satisfying players who are getting bored.

Okay, I get what you're saying, but those small changes in the champs still took time. And what other people are suggesting is going into the champ's attack rating and changing the attack ratings, not adding abilities. Kabam didn't make any noticeable changes to the attack ratings of champs like Hulk, Gamora, Abom, etc to my knowledge. They added abilities that made them more viable. That requires some time. But what some people are suggesting is actually changing the attack rating of champions, which is capable of creating imbalance. What if a maxed 2* is able to do more damage than a maxed 3* at its base? By tweaking the actual base attack, you open a door to multiple problems. My tweaking abilities, it's not going to create as much imbalance, but it take much longer.
    A lot of those changes to champs I mentioned were done in one big batch. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I am pretty sure winter soldier, Hawkeye, hulk, Abom, punisher were all in one update. And it might have been the updates after 12.0 and the backlash. It seems like it was treated like one big update where they touched quite a few champs in quick succession.

We got confirmation that the incursions update took 9 months or so of work. But if you would have asked the community before that decision to allocate time for a project, which one they preferred? A group of older champs getting changes/attention vs. an update to dungeons - I think a LOT of people would have told them to do more champ changes. If we’re not privy to the decision process and how the developer time is being spent, then long standing issues get pushed further and further out. They made incursions seem like it was the thing they were most excited about and this huge new change to the game mode, and it was met with mixed reaction. And when they revealed how long it took them and the attention they had to spent toward it, it made people scratch their head at the result.

It seems like they are listening to all of the feedback here and that’s a good thing. But let’s look back a year ago and see what people were asking for more - a dungeons update or older champs being fixed? I think we know the answer to that.

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Your point loses all it's merit when you consider they do not beta new champs. They drop a new champ, let ppl spend thousands of dollars getting them and decide if they need to be nerfed later. Updating old champs and dropping them (like Gamora!) don't need a beta.

That's because they internally test new champs first. Then, the release of the champs is the "beta", because the players are getting their hands on the champ and essentially "testing" them. That's why there are nerfs. It's because the champion didn't work as Kabam intended. And I'm sure the they internally tested Gamora as well, and if they saw anything that they didn't like, they would've put her back to the drawing board again.

A lot of those changes to champs I mentioned were done in one big batch. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I am pretty sure winter soldier, Hawkeye, hulk, Abom, punisher were all in one update. And it might have been the updates after 12.0 and the backlash. It seems like it was treated like one big update where they touched quite a few champs in quick succession.

We got confirmation that the incursions update took 9 months or so of work. But if you would have asked the community before that decision to allocate time for a project, which one they preferred? A group of older champs getting changes/attention vs. an update to dungeons - I think a LOT of people would have told them to do more champ changes. If we’re not privy to the decision process and how the developer time is being spent, then long standing issues get pushed further and further out. They made incursions seem like it was the thing they were most excited about and this huge new change to the game mode, and it was met with mixed reaction. And when they revealed how long it took them and the attention they had to spent toward it, it made people scratch their head at the result.

It seems like they are listening to all of the feedback here and that’s a good thing. But let’s look back a year ago and see what people were asking for more - a dungeons update or older champs being fixed? I think we know the answer to that.

That's my whole point. If you want champ changes, you have to sacrifice something else because those take time. Kabam employees only have two hands. Trust me, I'm all for champ reworks, I'm just not for the attitudes of some players regarding champ reworks.
    ESF said:

You do realize that this game has run full-on global attack boosts for Summoner Appreciation events?

We have 10 percent boosts, 20 percent boosts, and 30 percent boosts. We have special attack boosts.

That data already exists. If you or I can spreadsheet what Civil Warrior would look like with a base attack boost of 15 percent -- and I could do that in literally 20 minutes, then yes, Kabam can.

There is this mistaken concept out there that some of us are demanding massive reworks to dozens upon dozens of characters and Kabam is helpless in the face of our unreasonable demands.

When in reality, the majority of us just want to be able to use, I don't know, a 4/55 OG Iron Man and have SP2 hit harder than 7.8K -- that's an actual outcome in this game right now.

You can literally hit harder with some 3-stars.

Nobody wants to break the game. Nobody is gonna rush out and take Civil Warrior to 5/65 if he hits 15 percent harder, and most importantly, Kabam already knows what that looks like and could do it without months of data analysis

But that's not based on base attack. Of course a 3* namor could hit harder, but that because of his abilities, not base attack. If you want a tweak, do it with the abilities, like Kabam did with Gamora. But again, that takes time.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

the best content Kabam have put in this game to date has been Variant 4

the requirement to use champs from all Star rating levels was excellent and they need more it.

Except it was so easy that almost everyone with a decent roster can explore it.
    That's the whole point, and it's the number one reason people aren't happy with the Gates. It makes the content not for everyone. Everyone and their dog got through Uncollected. It's not even a challenge now. All people need to do is look up some YouTube and they can do it within a matter of months of starting the game.
    It's also worth pointing out that Seatin makes content that caters to a certain demographic learning how to get through content, and that's most likely a motivating factor for the stance against Gates. However, it's not meant for the average Roster. (I don't even want to get into 2*s in Book 2.)
    1) Getting to uncollected quickly and easily requires a good amount of skill, patience and luck. It is still a challenge. The bear minimum requires a decent mastery setup and at least a full team of 4/40s. While a team of 4/40s becomes easier and easier to acquire, it still requires patience and units.
    2) With variant 4, you have to get past chapter 1 to get to the easy part. And that isn't exactly easy to do without solid ranked up counters to deadpool and electro.
    I've been here a while. I've seen the rate that people starting out are becoming Uncollected now. There's lots of information online on how to do it using reasonably accessible Champs, and while it's an accomplishment, it's quite a fast rate to be getting through content that easily. Variant is still higher in End-Game, albeit easier in parts. It's a special kind of content.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

That's my whole point. If you want champ changes, you have to sacrifice something else because those take time. Kabam employees only have two hands. Trust me, I'm all for champ reworks, I'm just not for the attitudes of some players regarding champ reworks.
    Gotcha. Well, in my opinion, fixing and making changes to the meme tier and low damage champs should have taken precedence before a lot of other content in the game, especially when they started adding them to the six star pool.

This isn’t a new issue, but the second they started doing six stars and keeping them so hard to obtain, that’s when the resources and time should have been put into updating a wide swath of champs. That should have come before a dungeons update. Sacrifice in time allocation is understandable when you have limited resources...but then it’s hard to truly believe this when we know this game makes hundreds of millions in revenue a year.

If the team is that spread thin and has years long issues in the game that need addressed in order to keep it viable, then contract or hire some help. I feel no sense of urgency from them and haven’t for years in this aspect, and that’s a problem for me and makes me not excited to open more crystals for champs I won’t use or rank up. A lot of people think Seatins bad 6 star opening the other day led to his video in the first place, and I think that’s quite telling.

And if they truly can’t hire and get more help to create some urgency for this project, I would argue their priority should be doing this over other projects no matter what. At the current rate, we haven’t had an older champ updated at all this year and hulk buster hasn’t even been announced in the game update with his rework. The timelines have slowed significantly since the first batch of reworks started back with venom. They aren’t even doing betas for two champs at a time, it’s down to one now. It feels like there is no forward momentum on that front and it’s one of the most popular things people have been asking for in many years of playing this game. That is the problem for me.
    Agreed. There seems to be an inexhaustible laundry list of stuff that they're always looking into, and I'm not doubting that they are actually doing it, but if they're spread that thin, then hire a few more people. They're not a small business that can't afford it. Better than having small quality of life improvements take year(s) because they only have 2 hands. I know that sounds demanding and overly simplistic, which it is, but at some point, you have to be accountable to your customer base. Can't just keep promising that it's in the works or we're looking into it, but months/years later there's no update/progress (mastery loadouts for example).
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

ESF said:

You do realize that this game has run full-on global attack boosts for Summoner Appreciation events?

We have 10 percent boosts, 20 percent boosts, and 30 percent boosts. We have special attack boosts.

That data already exists. If you or I can spreadsheet what Civil Warrior would look like with a base attack boost of 15 percent -- and I could do that in literally 20 minutes, then yes, Kabam can.

There is this mistaken concept out there that some of us are demanding massive reworks to dozens upon dozens of characters and Kabam is helpless in the face of our unreasonable demands.

When in reality, the majority of us just want to be able to use, I don't know, a 4/55 OG Iron Man and have SP2 hit harder than 7.8K -- that's an actual outcome in this game right now.

Nobody wants to break the game. Nobody is gonna rush out and take Civil Warrior to 5/65 if he hits 15 percent harder, and most importantly, Kabam already knows what that looks like and could do it without months of data analysis

But that's not based on base attack. Of course a 3* namor could hit harder, but that because of his abilities, not base attack. If you want a tweak, do it with the abilities, like Kabam did with Gamora. But again, that takes time.
    If Kabam said, "Tomorrow, we are gonna run a global attack boost of 15 percent for a month while we figure out some ways to make older characters more viable without full reworks," it would not break this game one ounce or for one second.

I know this because this game has done this exact thing.

Again: No one is saying Green Goblin's kit is terrible. No one believes Civil Warrior's kit is terrible.

Almost everyone knows that in 2020, they need a base attack boost
    ESF said:

ESF said:

If Kabam said, "Tomorrow, we are gonna run a global attack boost of 15 percent for a month while we figure out some ways to make older characters more viable without full reworks," it would not break this game one ounce or for one second.

I know this because this game has done this exact thing.

Again: No one is saying Green Goblin's kit is terrible. No one believes Civil Warrior's kit is terrible.

Almost everyone knows that in 2020, they need a base attack boost
    That wouldn't do anything. A Global Boost would also boost the OP Champs, and everything in between. They'd be no different off.
  • Bert1Bert1 Posts: 22
    GodMan114 said:

If Kabam is listening, please explain one major thing to us outside of gameplay...
    In these tough times with COVID and all, why are there absolutely no discounts, specials, and giveaways for these rough times?

Why is it, that during these tough times, when everyone is home and on social media, games, and TV, that Kabam has only seemed to capitalize with more and more "deals" -- of which none are provided at a discounted rate?

Shame on you, as a company. Every other corporation has made best efforts to help the community. I'm keeping my gameplay complaints out as most have touched upon it.

But... on a positive note, I do love incursions. Bravo there (being totally honest).

they are a mobile game company. Find me a mobile game that gives free stuff during covid-19.
    They need to keep the lights on in a time where no one is spending. And you want discounts?
    edited May 2020
    Bert1 said:

GodMan114 said:

If Kabam is listening, please explain one major thing to us outside of gameplay...
    In these tough times with COVID and all, why are there absolutely no discounts, specials, and giveaways for these rough times?

Why is it, that during these tough times, when everyone is home and on social media, games, and TV, that Kabam has only seemed to capitalize with more and more "deals" -- of which none are provided at a discounted rate?

Shame on you, as a company. Every other corporation has made best efforts to help the community. I'm keeping my gameplay complaints out as most have touched upon it.

But... on a positive note, I do love incursions. Bravo there (being totally honest).

In fairness, I think they did give us a whole bunch of full energy refills. Besides, they're not obligated to just gift stuff out so of all the things I would say "shame on you" for, this certainly isn't one of them.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★

ESF said:

I was going to mention this earlier, but didn't.

They have a massive data set on what both reasonable and op tweaks could look like, from the infinity event, where you had boosts to some of the OG avengers.

Admittedly, of hulk was an absolute, game breaking beast. But Cap, Hawkeye, Og Iron Man? They were simple changes to bleed, block, armor break and regen, that made them very good.

Or the my Little symbiote event.

Or any of the challenges where your can collect unique boosts.

Before any of you say those were over powered, I am not avocating the same. Simply that they have data on what a boost looks like. Do it at 20% of one of them.

Or simply copy some of the abilities of recent champs. Loads of them have ridiculous abilities. Give them to an old champion at the same time.

It's so simple up fix... But... Don't this doesn't encourage people to gamble on getting the new champions. So it won't happen.

The reason they don't update old champions rapidly, is commercial; it loses them money. There is no other relevant reason.
  • FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    Bert1 said:

GodMan114 said:

they are a mobile game company. Find me a mobile game that gives free stuff during covid-19.
    They need to keep the lights on in a time where no one is spending. And you want discounts?
    Konami and EA are both giving alot of free stuff. Konami with the coins in Pes and EA just released the TOTS yesterday
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

There's only 1 small, but significant flaw in that global: attack rating is good, but block proficiency needs to be raised. Otherwise the 2*s will get shattered on every parry.

Or maybe just increase block proficiency only during basic attacks, not during specials, since I placed champs who have challenging specials to dodge in the map, which adds to the challenge while not making it a money grab.
    @r_ama the presets is something I mentioned in an earlier post as something that the community has wanted for years and they've always said they're looking into it, but no progress has ever been shared. I think that's problematic.

As for removing the unit cost, I totally agree, we've already spent all the units buying the cores to unlock, why do we need to keep paying every time to switch? But I can pretty much guarantee that this cost will never be removed. For obvious reasons.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Act 7 is going to be where people fall off the game. No one is going to want to play that. Act 6 was not okay. Act 5 was fine. Act 4 was just tedious. So what is Act 7 going to be. Is this where Kabam is going to try and make Act 6 the bump in the road for Act 7, or is Act 7 going to be the content that keeps players playing.

This is what you should do. You have to find a way to hit the reset button, and allow all players to join Book 2 Act 1. But make it a way where it's far easier for those that completed Act 6 to complete, but not so difficult for a newer player to. In terms of rewards make it where a newer player can catapult their account with, make the catch up faster for the progressing player, and still be quite rewarding for the most experienced players while also not making Book 1 irrelevant.
    mum_m2 said:

Act 7 is going to be where people fall off the game. No one is going to want to play that. Act 6 was not okay. Act 5 was fine. Act 4 was just tedious. So what is Act 7 going to be. Is this where Kabam is going to try and make Act 6 the bump in the road for Act 7, or is Act 7 going to be the content that keeps players playing.

This is what you should do. You have to find a way to hit the reset button, and allow all players to join Book 2 Act 1. But make it a way where it's far easier for those that completed Act 6 to complete, but not so difficult for a newer player to. In terms of rewards make it where a newer player can catapult their account with, make the catch up faster for the progressing player, and still be quite rewarding for the most experienced players while also not making Book 1 irrelevant.

I actually see some logic in this suggestion. Since it is the first in Book 2, it would make sense to have a scaled progression. Not exactly easy, but somewhat less intensive than Act 6. Then as Book 2 continues and Players progress, it can become more intensive. Since people will have to get past Act 6 to begin with, that sounds reasonable.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

the requirement to use champs from all Star rating levels was excellent and they need more it.

That's the whole point, and it's the number one reason people aren't happy with the Gates. It makes the content not for everyone. Everyone and their dog got through Uncollected. It's not even a challenge now. All people need to do is look up some YouTube and they can do it within a matter of months of starting the game.
    It's also worth pointing out that Seatin makes content that caters to a certain demographic learning how to get through content, and that's most likely a motivating factor for the stance against Gates. However, it's not meant for the average Roster. (I don't even want to get into 2*s in Book 2.)
    There would have been nothing wrong with kabam making 2* viable in Book 2. In fact it would have been entirely consistent with their constant claims of wanting summoners to use more of their rosters and not just in arenas or niche content like variants
    I don't agree with that line of thinking at all. Progression-wise, I don't expect to use lower Champs in progressively higher Story content. While I will agree that the Gates between Act 5 and Act 6 are extreme, I don't see going backwards as something that logically happens. There are many ways to create content for lower, unused Champs. This isn't one of them that I see. To be perfectly honest, it leaves me scratching my head.
    Ahh but your vision is too narrow kabam could and probably should have installed progression gates based on roster size. For example a summoner would have to be level 60, have completed (not explored) acts 1-6, have (x) amount of 5* champs and (x) amount of 6* champs before accessing Book 2. They could even take it further and say the PI of your 5* and above roster must be (x) amount. This would ensure players would have progressed far enough to tackle more difficult content while preventing the average player from accessing content meant for end game players.

A very serious buff to rewards would motivate players to progress their roster rather than focus on ranking up a handful of champs to complete content. It also prevents those who are lucky with RNG and those who throw thousands at cav crystals from accessing content too early because even if you get champs you still would have to rank them up plus progress through other content first. Kabam already has a broad progression gate on incursions as well as the monthly AQ.

A progression gate would also give kabam the freedom to start over with Book 2 allowing sufficiently experienced players to use more of their rosters without the worry that new or average players would access it and progress too fast.

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

There would have been nothing wrong with kabam making 2* viable in Book 2. In fact it would have been entirely consistent with their constant claims of wanting summoners to use more of their rosters and not just in arenas or niche content like variants
    I don't agree with that line of thinking at all. Progression-wise, I don't expect to use lower Champs in progressively higher Story content. While I will agree that the Gates between Act 5 and Act 6 are extreme, I don't see going backwards as something that logically happens. There are many ways to create content for lower, unused Champs. This isn't one of them that I see. To be perfectly honest, it leaves me scratching my head.
    Ahh but your vision is too narrow kabam could and probably should have installed progression gates based on roster size. For example a summoner would have to be level 60, have completed (not explored) acts 1-6, have (x) amount of 5* champs and (x) amount of 6* champs before accessing Book 2. They could even take it further and say the PI of your 5* and above roster must be (x) amount. This would ensure players would have progressed far enough to tackle more difficult content while preventing the average player from accessing content meant for end game players.

A very serious buff to rewards would motivate players to progress their roster rather than focus on ranking up a handful of champs to complete content. It also prevents those who are lucky with RNG and those who throw thousands at cav crystals from accessing content too early because even if you get champs you still would have to rank them up plus progress through other content first. Kabam already has a broad progression gate on incursions as well as the monthly AQ.

A progression gate would also give kabam the freedom to start over with Book 2 allowing sufficiently experienced players to use more of their rosters without the worry that new or average players would access it and progress too fast.
    There's still going to be a certain amount of waiting for specific Champs. That's part of the RNG structure. I'm sure making it 2* oriented means everyone has everything they need, but there's no logical reason to regress to using 2*s in it. The game is one that's based on RNG. It's been that way for 5 and a half years. The second we start discussing removing that element, we start talking about deconstructing the entire game itself and designing a new one.

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

Progression gates are an interesting idea, but I think it doesn't solve the biggest problem with the current act 6 and act 7 beta content, which is that you need very specific niche champs to deal with the content. You can have 95% of all champs ranked up and ready to go, you might meet all the criteria of the progression gates, but when the content requires a specific champ or two, those may be the ones you're missing and with the RNG, there's no guarantee you will get them soon (if ever). Just to bring up the examples that have been coming up repeatedly: Acid wash mysterio has two counters: man-thing or king groot (otherwise you'll be doing puny damage and need an extraordinary amount of hits to just wear him down). The current Act 7 Sabretooth seems tailor made for red guardian but besides that (and maybe Quake) seems like you're mostly stuck.