**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Rupp20304Rupp20304 Posts: 37
    I have decided to stop spending
    I’m a below average spender at around $50 a month. I’m single with lots of disposable income so I can easily afford to spend more but not until I see changes. I know Kabam Mike says there are things in the works, and I know new content and changes take a long time to put into effect, but give us a plan and an idea in where the game is headed. I personally would like at least one of the following changes

Change AW, make it less tedious

Make new unique fun nodes for act 7. Make the nodes not to where only 3 champs are effective, but make it so many champs are effective and we can play with whoever is the most fun

Massive rework. I know this would take a long time to happen, bu give us a rework of champs like venompool, miles morales, groot and iron patriot at the same time.

If nodes in act 7 are like act 6, make it easier for us to pull the champs needed, for example giving us nexus crystals to be purchased with shards. This does not mean throw more offers at us that cost money and units. This needs to be equally available to free to play players

I know not all these ideas are realistic but this is what I personally would like to see in the game before I start spending again
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

the best content Kabam have put in this game to date has been Variant 4

the requirement to use champs from all Star rating levels was excellent and they need more it.

Except it was so easy that almost everyone with a decent roster can explore it.
    That's the whole point, and it's the number one reason people aren't happy with the Gates. It makes the content not for everyone. Everyone and their dog got through Uncollected. It's not even a challenge now. All people need to do is look up some YouTube and they can do it within a matter of months of starting the game.
    It's also worth pointing out that Seatin makes content that caters to a certain demographic learning how to get through content, and that's most likely a motivating factor for the stance against Gates. However, it's not meant for the average Roster. (I don't even want to get into 2*s in Book 2.)
    There would have been nothing wrong with kabam making 2* viable in Book 2. In fact it would have been entirely consistent with their constant claims of wanting summoners to use more of their rosters and not just in arenas or niche content like variants
    I don't agree with that line of thinking at all. Progression-wise, I don't expect to use lower Champs in progressively higher Story content. While I will agree that the Gates between Act 5 and Act 6 are extreme, I don't see going backwards as something that logically happens. There are many ways to create content for lower, unused Champs. This isn't one of them that I see. To be perfectly honest, it leaves me scratching my head.
    Ahh but your vision is too narrow kabam could and probably should have installed progression gates based on roster size. For example a summoner would have to be level 60, have completed (not explored) acts 1-6, have (x) amount of 5* champs and (x) amount of 6* champs before accessing Book 2. They could even take it further and say the PI of your 5* and above roster must be (x) amount. This would ensure players would have progressed far enough to tackle more difficult content while preventing the average player from accessing content meant for end game players.

A very serious buff to rewards would motivate players to progress their roster rather than focus on ranking up a handful of champs to complete content. It also prevents those who are lucky with RNG and those who throw thousands at cav crystals from accessing content too early because even if you get champs you still would have to rank them up plus progress through other content first. Kabam already has a broad progression gate on incursions as well as the monthly AQ.

A progression gate would also give kabam the freedom to start over with Book 2 allowing sufficiently experienced players to use more of their rosters without the worry that new or average players would access it and progress too fast.
    There's still going to be a certain amount of waiting for specific Champs. That's part of the RNG structure. I'm sure making it 2* oriented means everyone has everything they need, but there's no logical reason to regress to using 2*s in it. The game is one that's based on RNG. It's been that way for 5 and a half years. The second we start discussing removing that element, we start talking about deconstructing the entire game itself and designing a new one.
    Again your thinking is too narrow. If kabam allowed players to use their 1/2/3/4* champs across the first 3/4 chapters Of book 2 while offering rewards meant to build their 5/6* rosters for the latter chapters it would help to combat the RNG. Kabam could easily create node combinations that would make the game challenging even using 1-4* champs variant 4 proved this. Just because the story progresses doesn’t mean kabam has to trap itself in an insane upward spiral of difficulty. Besides what’s the point of forcing players to hold on to their lower star champs on the off chance they’ll have a use for them once or twice a year? Why continue to have them in rewards?

You don't think 3-4 Chapters which use 1-4* Champs and give 6* Rewards is a bit too much? Asking for something along the lines of using Champs on the shelf is reasonable. 4 Chapters of it is pretty much pushing it.
    V4 you use lesser rarities and gain 6* shards and rank up gems so
    I don't know why people keep comparing Variant to Story. Variant is a special type of content and it isn't even in the same wheelhouse. There may be some ideas that can be used in Story, but the two are mutually exclusive and not at all a reflection of each other.
    What exactly do you mean by that? I genuinely don't follow.

Variant 4 is endgame oriented content designed for lower rarity champs. In the confines of suggesting act 7 to work similarly it makes all the sense to refer back to variant 4 to point out the validity of the suggestion.

They don't need to be the same type of content to compare them in this context.

The danger rooms essentially provided the baseline design concept for variant 4 and they had nothing to do with neither variant content nor story content.
    Variant was a throwback to an EQ previously released. It's a standalone piece of content that may be designed with End-Game, but it's still a standalone that can be designed more freely.
    Story has its own continuity and line of progression and Rewards to consider. It's built up over Chapters and Acts, and not as liberally designed as Variants.
    People may enjoy Variants. That doesn't mean everything can be just like them.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

H3t3r said:

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

the requirement to use champs from all Star rating levels was excellent and they need more it.

That's the whole point, and it's the number one reason people aren't happy with the Gates. It makes the content not for everyone. Everyone and their dog got through Uncollected. It's not even a challenge now. All people need to do is look up some YouTube and they can do it within a matter of months of starting the game.
    It's also worth pointing out that Seatin makes content that caters to a certain demographic learning how to get through content, and that's most likely a motivating factor for the stance against Gates. However, it's not meant for the average Roster. (I don't even want to get into 2*s in Book 2.)
    There would have been nothing wrong with kabam making 2* viable in Book 2. In fact it would have been entirely consistent with their constant claims of wanting summoners to use more of their rosters and not just in arenas or niche content like variants
    I don't agree with that line of thinking at all. Progression-wise, I don't expect to use lower Champs in progressively higher Story content. While I will agree that the Gates between Act 5 and Act 6 are extreme, I don't see going backwards as something that logically happens. There are many ways to create content for lower, unused Champs. This isn't one of them that I see. To be perfectly honest, it leaves me scratching my head.
    Ahh but your vision is too narrow kabam could and probably should have installed progression gates based on roster size. For example a summoner would have to be level 60, have completed (not explored) acts 1-6, have (x) amount of 5* champs and (x) amount of 6* champs before accessing Book 2. They could even take it further and say the PI of your 5* and above roster must be (x) amount. This would ensure players would have progressed far enough to tackle more difficult content while preventing the average player from accessing content meant for end game players.

A very serious buff to rewards would motivate players to progress their roster rather than focus on ranking up a handful of champs to complete content. It also prevents those who are lucky with RNG and those who throw thousands at cav crystals from accessing content too early because even if you get champs you still would have to rank them up plus progress through other content first. Kabam already has a broad progression gate on incursions as well as the monthly AQ.

A progression gate would also give kabam the freedom to start over with Book 2 allowing sufficiently experienced players to use more of their rosters without the worry that new or average players would access it and progress too fast.
    There's still going to be a certain amount of waiting for specific Champs. That's part of the RNG structure. I'm sure making it 2* oriented means everyone has everything they need, but there's no logical reason to regress to using 2*s in it. The game is one that's based on RNG. It's been that way for 5 and a half years. The second we start discussing removing that element, we start talking about deconstructing the entire game itself and designing a new one.
    Again your thinking is too narrow. If kabam allowed players to use their 1/2/3/4* champs across the first 3/4 chapters Of book 2 while offering rewards meant to build their 5/6* rosters for the latter chapters it would help to combat the RNG. Kabam could easily create node combinations that would make the game challenging even using 1-4* champs variant 4 proved this. Just because the story progresses doesn’t mean kabam has to trap itself in an insane upward spiral of difficulty. Besides what’s the point of forcing players to hold on to their lower star champs on the off chance they’ll have a use for them once or twice a year? Why continue to have them in rewards?

You don't think 3-4 Chapters which use 1-4* Champs and give 6* Rewards is a bit too much? Asking for something along the lines of using Champs on the shelf is reasonable. 4 Chapters of it is pretty much pushing it.
    I don't know why people keep comparing Variant to Story. Variant is a special type of content and it isn't even in the same wheelhouse. There may be some ideas that can be used in Story, but the two are mutually exclusive and not at all a reflection of each other.

Variant 4 is endgame oriented content designed for lower rarity champs. In the confines of suggesting act 7 to work similarly it makes all the sense to refer back to variant 4 to point out the validity of the suggestion.

The danger rooms essentially provided the baseline design concept for variant 4 and they had nothing to do with neither variant content nor story content.
    Variant was a throwback to an EQ previously released. It's a standalone piece of content that may be designed with End-Game, but it's still a standalone that can be designed more freely.
    Story has its own continuity and line of progression and Rewards to consider. It's built up over Chapters and Acts, and not as liberally designed as Variants.
    No one is even saying that... It's about the baseline concept of content.

"Like variant 4" is short for "sharing certain aspects of variant 4". In it's core, variants, story content, monthly content, all of them are a map with nodes and enemies.

Just as danger rooms and variant 4 are completely different pieces of content but share inherit base design aspects, act 5 and act 6 are essentially the same type of content , but are wildly different in their design.

There's way more similarities between act 6 and variants as there are between act 5 and act 6.

We're talking gameplay design, not the reason a certain piece of content has to even be in the game.
    We're talking about the next level of story content in Book 2. I agree that there is room for elements of the same parts to make it interesting, but 4 Chapters of 1-4*s, as per what began this debate, is not realistic. They're not the same content. People keep comparing them on the basis of the Rewards, but they have very different design goals.
  • Options
    Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

One topic I keep seeing coming up is fun. This shouldn’t feel like work or stress. The fun aspect is gone. Except for 6.4.6 boss act six is a non fun stressful dumpster fire.

I had so much fun in act five figuring out with a limited roster. And two years later with an awsome roster I don’t want to clear act six because it’s not fun.

Yea admittedly, I am at that stage. Completed act 6, 100% 6.1 and 6.2 and started exploring 6.3 and I see stuff like the can't stop won't stop, thunderstruck, acid wash, and I have zero motivation at the moment to do it at all. It's not impossible to get it done, but it's just not fun to do so at all.
  • Options

H3t3r said:

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

"Like variant 4" is short for "sharing certain aspects of variant 4". In it's core, variants, story content, monthly content, all of them are a map with nodes and enemies.

Just as danger rooms and variant 4 are completely different pieces of content but share inherit base design aspects, act 5 and act 6 are essentially the same type of content , but are wildly different in their design.

There's way more similarities between act 6 and variants as there are between act 5 and act 6.

We're talking gameplay design, not the reason a certain piece of content has to even be in the game.
    We're talking about the next level of story content in Book 2. I agree that there is room for elements of the same parts to make it interesting, but 4 Chapters of 1-4*s, as per what began this debate, is not realistic. They're not the same content. People keep comparing them on the basis of the Rewards, but they have very different design goals.
    I still don't understand what you mean.

The grandmaster in 6.4. is designed in a way that does not fit any other part of act 6 or any other story content for that matter.

There is no either or here, I don't understand where you got that idea. Not even the variants are 100% comparable amongst each other.

Every piece of content is in it's foundation content. The goals it has (story progression or stand alone content) are irrelevant to it's baseline gameplay design.

Again, that's evident just from comparing 6.4. to the grandmaster fight.
    Comparing one Boss Fight is not the same as designing the entire Story to mimic a fun, little piece of content.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

Another thing coming to mind is the lack of 5* sig stones. I think we're at a stage in this game where those should not be in an overabundance, but shoyld definitely flow in more naturally.

I do not think they should be handed out without a limit or something, but here are a few possible solutions:

- Add 5* sig stone crystals (preferably generic stones) to the glory and/or loyalty store. -> this would provide us with an additional means of getting them while forcing us to choose between them and other ressources

- Add them to the daily/three day events. -> this should probably be more a part of a complete revamp of those. They are not up to date in my eyes, I mean the highest milestone of those daily events still provide 4* sig stones. Tiering them to our progression level might be a good start.

- Increase the amount of 5* sig stones from monthly content. -> really straightforward. At the stage we are right now you could very well double or even tripple the amount of sig stones rewarded by the monthly uc eq

- Introduce sig stone proving grounds. -> probably a bit more complicated, but also really straight forward. Even being able to net in just a single 5* sig stone crystal per day would already be an improvement, that's how dire the shortage is in my eyes.

There are probably other ways this could be done and by no means do I expect them to just be handed out all willy nilly.

But let's put this into perspective:

Without a single sig stone deal it took me well over a year to get my cap iw from sig 1 to sig 195. I did not invest a single science sig stone into another champ and I never naturally duped him. As it is now I'm looking forward to getting my doom to sig 200 in maybe 2022.

5* champs are still extremely relevant, but that's just one side of the story. Most content expects us to have a wide range of 5* champs. But with many champs relying on their sig abilities this feels like an arbitrary roadblock.

I am absolutely okay with the availability of 5* ag's by the way. But they already provide enough of a roadblock. Having them be rare is enough to keep us from exploding our rosters completely, we don't need an artificial shortage of sig levels as well.

I've been asking for that for over a year lol. They made too much money selling them for the Prestige Wars. Maybe now that six stars are starting to dominate prestige they'll let us peons start getting them more.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

H3t3r said:

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

Again ignoring the precedent for lower star champs in the early chapters set in Book 1. Again ignoring that a progression in story does not mean that there has to be a progression in difficulty the way kabam has introduced act 7 in the beta. A challenging and fun experience can be made with lower star champs that can justify end game rewards. You’re either Lack imagination and are too closed minded to the idea or simply unwilling to admit that you are wrong
    Considering Book 2 is accessed by completing Act 6, it's nonsensical to restart the same as Book 1, with lower requirements, and still have End-Game Rewards. They've also said themselves that 5 and 6*s will be the focus of Book 2. Whether or not that's on the table is up to them. I already said that I agree a certain amount of ease into the Book would make sense. Right here is where we have a fundamental flaw in these discussions. Expectations exceed what's reasonable. I suggested certain Paths. Now the expectation is becoming making the entire Book a la Variant. I do not agree that it should be completely designed with the same concept. Elements could be worked in. It's still meant to be a step up from Act 6 in some respects. I'm not closed-minded or lacking imagination. In fact, my imagination gave a suggestion on how to integrate elements of it into the current schematic. I just don't agree that it's feasible or reasonable to make it JUST LIKE Variant.
    TL:DR - It shouldn't be THAT easy.
  • Options
    Further to what I was saying, you're forgetting one aspect of Book 1. It required acquiring Champs to complete it along the way. That's part of the game.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Okay, so there are a lot of posts about the incorporation of lower-tier champs, and I thought I'd share my opinion.

So I totally agree that Kabam should use all aspects a player's roster, including tier and class. Quests could have certain requirements that require 2*s, or 3*s to be on the team, or even gates for certain champions. Remember the extra nodes in variant 3 that were champion specific, and if you used that specific champ, such as Venom, you would gain extra buffs? They could do that. They could make all sorts of crazy nodes that would play on the tier of a champ. They could make nodes that benefit certain classes in a lane.

They already built this wonderful array of champs that can be used. Why make them unusable for content? That's like telling someone to dig a hole with a bunch of screwdrivers. It can be done, but it's going to take time, and it's going to be damn near impossible. Now how about giving them a screwdriver, some tape, and some cardboard? Now the person can create something that can be used creatively. They could make a shovel. They could make something else, anything. The same logic applies to games. If Kabam could somehow take bad champs like Joe Fixit or Abom and combine them with a set of nodes that they would shine in, the game would not only challenge the player, it would make it fun as well. The same thing goes with champion tiers. You have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6*s, but you only use two out of the six to complete content. What happens to the rest? Kabam have spent so much time working on the rest of the tiers, but just throw them to the side. That's just called a waste of time. If you want your work to be efficient and effective, use all of it. Use all the champion tiers.

Now the main problem would be rewards. How are you going to give someone enough resources to max out their 6*? Are you going to give it to them for completing a quest with 2*s? The answer has to do with difficulty.
    Are you going to reward a skilled player who can effectively counter challenging nodes and play perfectly or near perfectly with a six star if they completed Act 6? Yes.
    So then are you going to reward a player who could also do the same, but in a quest made for 2*s, but still requires the same amount of skill, or more, to complete Act 6? Yes, and you should. Just because the quest requires a lower quest doesn't mean it requires less skill. For example, the beginner EQ is low skill and low tier. That's why the rewards are low-tier in nature as well. On the other hand, V4.3.2 is high skill, but low tier. That's why the rewards can be considered high-tier. Now I know that V4 also consists of content for 6 and 5*s, but it still somewhat illustrates my point. High skill content needs to be reflected by high-tier rewards.
  • Options

Considering Book 2 is accessed by completing Act 6, it's nonsensical to restart the same as Book 1, with lower requirements, and still have End-Game Rewards. They've also said themselves that 5 and 6*s will be the focus of Book 2. Whether or not that's on the table is up to them. I already said that I agree a certain amount of ease into the Book would make sense. Right here is where we have a fundamental flaw in these discussions. Expectations exceed what's reasonable. I suggested certain Paths. Now the expectation is becoming making the entire Book a la Variant. I do not agree that it should be completely designed with the same concept. Elements could be worked in. It's still meant to be a step up from Act 6 in some respects. I'm not closed-minded or lacking imagination. In fact, my imagination gave a suggestion on how to integrate elements of it into the current schematic. I just don't agree that it's feasible or reasonable to make it JUST LIKE Variant.
    TL:DR - It shouldn't be THAT easy.

I totally agree that it shouldn't be that easy, but Kabam has already made those lower tier champions, so why not incorporate them into the fights? I put out an idea for a quest design earlier. You could have 2*s with boosted attack ratings fighting Act 5-ish champions and bosses. The catch would be that the health of the 2* would not be boosted, and the player would have to rely on intercepts instead of parries. You can increase the challenge without increasing the tier requirements of a champion or the attack ratings of the defenders. I agree that it shouldn't be Variant, but it should reflect the creativity of a Variant.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

H3t3r said:

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

Again ignoring the precedent for lower star champs in the early chapters set in Book 1. Again ignoring that a progression in story does not mean that there has to be a progression in difficulty the way kabam has introduced act 7 in the beta. A challenging and fun experience can be made with lower star champs that can justify end game rewards. You’re either Lack imagination and are too closed minded to the idea or simply unwilling to admit that you are wrong
    I think it is important to note here that as probably the first person to use the phrase "progressional content" on the forums, the point to calling content "progressional content" is not that it progresses the story and not that it progresses the difficulty. Rather, progressional content is called progressional content because it parallels core game progress. And at the moment, game progress is dictated by three things in game: levels (to a point), progressional titles (past that point), and roster development. The story arc content is progressional content because the content contains either implicit or explicit landmarks to progress. Because roster development is fundamental to progress in this game, progressional content will, for the most part, require rosters that are further "upward" not restricted "downward" to smaller levels. There can be exceptions, but they are just that: exceptions.

The fundamental difference between Variant and the Story arcs is the story arcs must reflect for the most part how rosters progress, which is upward towards higher rarity champions. Content like Variants or the Abyss don't have that requirement, and can make up any restrictions in roster that they want.

The whole reason why 5* and 6* champs are more coveted by players is that they intrinsically stronger than lower rarity champs (in general) and that is only true if you can actually use them that way. That doesn't have to be everywhere, but the one place where that has to be true is in the core progressional content. Because that's the *definition* of progressional content.

To put it another way, if you starting restricting people from using their 5* and 6* rosters in the Story arcs, they would cease to be progressional content. Because you couldn't use your fundamental upward roster growth in it. Then the question would become, what is the core progressional content of the game?

In a perfect world the game would be one long progressional ladder, where completing Act 6 gave you exactly what was necessary to tackle Act 7, then Act 7 would give you exactly what was necessary to tackle Act 8, and so on. But no progressional game is perfect like that (at least no multiplayer one) so there exists non-progressional content to among other things give players a variety of things to do and to pause at one progressional rung of the ladder while they build up the skills and resources to tackle the next rung. The core progressional content is not normally where you make detours in progress, because that's not what it is there for. It is there to drive progress forward. If that is not its primary purpose, it isn't progressional content.

Progressional content doesn't have to get subjectively harder: some games don't do that. But progressional content always pushes progress forward, within the context of that game's progress.
  • Options
    Mase1127 said:

Ive been close to quitting for some time. I’m in a P4/map 6 alliance. 1.6 mil rating. Act 6 about 15 paths left for 100% exploration. Lol and all variants done. 1 abyss path down for reference.

Several big issues here:

1. Champion acquirement: the pools are to damn big. Something needs to be done about this. In conjunction with garbage act 6 content being very niche has made this even worse. I’ve got a pretty expansive roster and spend very little $$. I’m sitting on 30 t2a and a ton of other junk. Why? Can’t get 5/6*s worth ranking up. Too many trash champs. After an abyss run I should be happy, not deflated for pulling a Psylocke and ThorJF. Great rewards for my efforts....

Solutions:

A) All 5/6* crystals should be nexus crystals (10k shards)
    B) class specific crystals for 10k shards
    C) pools similar to dungeon crystals for 10k
    D) arenas should be milestones, not top 150. Something like 50mil the first time through, 30 mil the next time for example.
    E) Cav crystals. It’s great getting Cav crystals from act 6. Nothing like pulling 3 3*s for clearing content that I couldn’t use anything below a 5*........ how this was allowed by Kabam is mind boggling. Drop the 3*s at the very least and it should be 45% 4*, 40* 5*, 15% 6*

Crystal pools are a recent problem, so Kabam might have that on their plan for the future.

Now I do agree that we should have some sort of Nexus crystal, and I like your idea of a class specific crystal. However, I don't agree with your prices for those crystals. The regular crystals should stay. The Nexus crystals should at least be the price of a featured, and so should all the other specific crystals you mentioned. The game was built on luck. I feel that altering or changing that luck would require more of a sacrifice, and in this case, a higher cost.