**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Punisher

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,190 ★★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    I'm still not jumping to any conclusions until more information is given. People can jump on what I say all they want, but they know about as much as I do. My point was not to be so quick to assume anything.
    Some things speak for them selves and this seems to be another topic that might go down in the books as unanswered. 70 Uncollected players seem to oddly not follow any community sources outside of the game, including Line. Will have to assume those 70 5* pulls were from 70 different alliances. Leaving us a number of 2,100 players who haven't said "I pulled one" or "someone in my alliance got one," followed up with a screen cap. And thats just the number given to us for the first 2 hours of the crystals arriving. Not one for conspiracies, but even you would have to say its a bit "odd"
    If the assumption of it being from 70 different alliances is far fetches, feel free to cut the number in 1/2. Its still a big number.

What I said was they wouldn't lie about some arbitrary number. It is possible that the data is different than what was given. It's also possible that he was in the game. I won't keep debating the same thing, but in my mind, it's possible. The only requirement to buy the Crystals is to have BC's and finish 5.2. That doesn't mean it's automatic that someone who does so is in Top Allies, and it doesn't mean they will automatically post about it. I am staying impartial. Meaning, there is nothing much to go on either way. I'm not asserting to know anything. I'm just voicing the fact that seeing no evidence on Reddit or Line is not enough for me to ascertain that he doesn't exist.
    Ree wrote: »
    Can we all agree if mike said he's looking into it then something happened !! They know why maintenance went up why such a long delay for a simple answer if nothing happened

Not necessarily. It's a possibility, but that just means he is bringing it to the team. No idea about the time it takes. They could be verifying, or they could have alot on their plate.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm still not jumping to any conclusions until more information is given. People can jump on what I say all they want, but they know about as much as I do. My point was not to be so quick to assume anything.
    Some things speak for them selves and this seems to be another topic that might go down in the books as unanswered. 70 Uncollected players seem to oddly not follow any community sources outside of the game, including Line. Will have to assume those 70 5* pulls were from 70 different alliances. Leaving us a number of 2,100 players who haven't said "I pulled one" or "someone in my alliance got one," followed up with a screen cap. And thats just the number given to us for the first 2 hours of the crystals arriving. Not one for conspiracies, but even you would have to say its a bit "odd"
    If the assumption of it being from 70 different alliances is far fetches, feel free to cut the number in 1/2. Its still a big number.

What I said was they wouldn't lie about some arbitrary number. It is possible that the data is different than what was given. It's also possible that he was in the game. I won't keep debating the same thing, but in my mind, it's possible. The only requirement to buy the Crystals is to have BC's and finish 5.2. That doesn't mean it's automatic that someone who does so is in Top Allies, and it doesn't mean they will automatically post about it. I am staying impartial. Meaning, there is nothing much to go on either way. I'm not asserting to know anything. I'm just voicing the fact that seeing no evidence on Reddit or Line is not enough for me to ascertain that he doesn't exist.
    Never said they would have to be in top alliances, that wouldn't make any sense. Nor am I trying to debate. Just simply trying to remind you of what kind of community you're in because it seems you're only taking the forums as the only outside source in this game where this topic would reach out to every single player. Its going around the forums, reddit, YouTube, Facebook, Line and other chat apps, etc. Yet no one bragged about a 5* Punisher pull until right after the maintenance? This would be completely out of the normal for players in this community where they brag about and post everything.

Never said they would have to be in top alliances, that wouldn't make any sense. Nor am I trying to debate. Just simply trying to remind you of what kind of community you're in because it seems you're only taking the forums as the only outside source in this game where this topic would reach out to every single player. Its going around the forums, reddit, YouTube, Facebook, Line and other chat apps, etc. Yet no one bragged about a 5* Punisher pull until right after the maintenance? This would be completely out of the normal for players in this community where they brag about and post everything.

I said in my mind, it's possible. I honestly take those sources with a grain of salt either way, so I have a different perspective. Anything is possible until verified otherwise.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Can we all agree if mike said he's looking into it then something happened !! They know why maintenance went up why such a long delay for a simple answer if nothing happened

Not necessarily. It's a possibility, but that just means he is bringing it to the team. No idea about the time it takes. They could be verifying, or they could have alot on their plate.

Then stop debating and just let the rest of us talk. You don't have to keep responding by saying you won't respond. You don't smell anything fishy, you've made that clear.

My personal opinion is if there were 70 in the first hours, there should be at least 1,000 pulled by now. That's at least 20k+ players (using 2/3 of the 30k possible to account for overlap) that had the opportunity to see 5* Punisher show up in the alliance page. That's also 20k+ players who did not see or share any pics of him appearing on any kind of format. We also know roughly 140k+ get rank rewards in arena at any given time. Even if we assume every player that gets rewards is also Uncollected (clearly not), 1 out of every 7 on average had the chance to see 5* Punisher. With the search for him, I'm willing to throw out reasonable doubt that not a single person who got him or saw him spoke up about it. All reasonably large allies notice all crystal pulls and big rank-ups.

I think the number given was how many 4* were pulled and the 5* wasn't actually available. This will likely also be part of their explanation (if one ever comes). "Sorry, that number was for the 4* version. The 5* is REALLY rare so you are unlikely to see them very often!"

Then stop debating and just let the rest of us talk. You don't have to keep responding by saying you won't respond. You don't smell anything fishy, you've made that clear.

My personal opinion is if there were 70 in the first hours, there should be at least 1,000 pulled by now. That's at least 20k+ players (using 2/3 of the 30k possible to account for overlap) that had the opportunity to see 5* Punisher show up in the alliance page. That's also 20k+ players who did not see or share any pics of him appearing on any kind of format. We also know roughly 140k+ get rank rewards in arena at any given time. Even if we assume every player that gets rewards is also Uncollected (clearly not), 1 out of every 7 on average had the chance to see 5* Punisher. With the search for him, I'm willing to throw out reasonable doubt that not a single person who got him or saw him spoke up about it. All reasonably large allies notice all crystal pulls and big rank-ups.

I think the number given was how many 4* were pulled and the 5* wasn't actually available. This will likely also be part of their explanation (if one ever comes). "Sorry, that number was for the 4* version. The 5* is REALLY rare so you are unlikely to see them very often!"

When someone addresses my comment, I do have the right to respond. You're entitled to make your own comments the same. This is a discussion. I'm not stopping you.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    What's likely going on now is they are trying to figure out if there's a fair way to make this right. If they can't come up with one they'll probably deny there was ever an issue.
    So all players comments should be taken with a grain of salt, but all Kabam comments are law? Come on, no person can be this obtuse. Kabam makes mistakes, we've seen many recently. I'm not saying this was malicious, but likely a mistake was made.

I said I take those sources with a grain of salt. Reddit, Line, FB, they also have the potential to provide false information as well as valid information. It's not logical to say all Players are voiced there. You are entitled to your views, I have my own.
    So all players comments should be taken with a grain of salt, but all Kabam comments are law? Come on, no person can be this obtuse. Kabam makes mistakes, we've seen many recently. I'm not saying this was malicious, but likely a mistake was made.

I said I take those sources with a grain of salt. Reddit, Line, FB, they also have the potential to provide false information as well as valid information. It's not logical to say all Players are voiced there. You are entitled to your views, I have my own.
    They are arguably better sources than the forum

If you feel that way, then that's how you feel. I trust what is said by the staff more than those sources, and that's just how I feel.
    Morgan wrote: »

Why i do believe it wasn't intentional, it's pretty clear that math is an exact science. There is 0 probability that the drop chanches were the same in the first two weeks compared to after maintainance, expecially considering how many crystals were hoarded in order to come prepared for the new ones.

I'd say that the amount of openings done in the first 3-4 days is prolly equal to the last 2 weeks' Worth, just to make a comparison.
    There is statistically no way 0 punishers were popped in 2 weeks then 30 pops out in 24 hrs.

Hopefully, they do find what went wrong and find a way to compensate the problem, as i myself opened 520k Worth of crystals, and i'm one of the "less resources spent" ones.

Well, if it does come back that they show as awarded but they weren't, I would imagine it would be appropriate to give them to those that rolled him. That's where the data comes in I suppose.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★

Why i do believe it wasn't intentional, it's pretty clear that math is an exact science. There is 0 probability that the drop chanches were the same in the first two weeks compared to after maintainance, expecially considering how many crystals were hoarded in order to come prepared for the new ones.

I'd say that the amount of openings done in the first 3-4 days is prolly equal to the last 2 weeks' Worth, just to make a comparison.
    There is statistically no way 0 punishers were popped in 2 weeks then 30 pops out in 24 hrs.

Hopefully, they do find what went wrong and find a way to compensate the problem, as i myself opened 520k Worth of crystals, and i'm one of the "less resources spent" ones.

Well, if it does come back that they show as awarded but they weren't, I would imagine it would be appropriate to give them to those that rolled him. That's where the data comes in I suppose.

Seriously? What about this response warrants a "FLAG"? Nothing. This is neither abuse nor spam. If you flood the forums with flags the designation becomes useless.
    Fluffy wrote: »

Seriously? What about this response warrants a "FLAG"? Nothing. This is neither abuse nor spam. If you flood the forums with flags the designation becomes useless.

You would have to bring that up with the one who Flagged it. I use it for what it's intended for. Not me in this case.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    it could be people that don't want you quoting the troll. Just my guess
    Fluffy wrote: »
    I see I got a flag for mentioning overuse of the flag option. Thank you for proving my point.

It's being abused because people don't like others. Which is arbitrary because it's not what it's intended for, and the metrics are still visible to staff, so they can see who is abusing it. Shooting themselves in the foot, really.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★

Well it is possible that all 70 we pulled by the same player and he isn't in an alliance or use any of the social media outlets, message boards or line.

When someone addresses my comment, I do have the right to respond. You're entitled to make your own comments the same. This is a discussion. I'm not stopping you.

Not really sure where you are from, but I have never seen message board postings on a private company's website be protected by any type of bill of rights. So actually no, you don't have the right to respond; you are afforded the privilege to respond. I think you really need to start getting your facts straight.

Actually, people do have the right to respond. If they respect the rules of the Forum, they have the right to participate in any discussion they choose. That's the TOS we agree to. They can have those rights removed if they violate the TOS, but there is nothing outside of that prohibiting them from participating. Certainly not differences of opinion, or personal feelings on others.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Hmmm wonder when we will get an update? Only takes a second to ask the question to the team
  • mikeiammikeiam Posts: 18
    same thing here, on first day I oppened 100 crystals with awfull results, I have opened 150 more since that day and the result is always the same, GOLD, and a few units
This discussion has been closed.