**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KaLydeKaLyde Posts: 14
    And for his god sake double energy in AQ, I hate losing good alliance members cause their job doesn’t allow them breaks to move every two hours to drop nodes in higher level AQ maps or their time zone is off and it causes us to not clear a map. I hate staying up late and setting an alarm and losing sleep to get enough energy to clear the advance map paths. You don’t sell AQ energy, it can’t loose you money and it’d help people and alliances out, throw us dogs some bones here.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
    KaLyde said:

And for his god sake double energy in AQ, I hate losing good alliance members cause their job doesn’t allow them breaks to move every two hours to drop nodes in higher level AQ maps or their time zone is off and it causes us to not clear a map. I hate staying up late and setting an alarm and losing sleep to get enough energy to clear the advance map paths. You don’t sell AQ energy, it can’t loose you money and it’d help people and alliances out, throw us dogs some bones here.

They actually allow you to earn the equivalent of AQ energy in their Transformer game (Forged To Fight), and it makes zero sense that we can not obtain those types of things within this game.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    I have too many copies of Vulture after thinking I needed Corvus for AW 2 years ago. This super OP Vulture has made Mcoc ridiculously easy and boring - please exchange him for some champion that will make Mcoc fun again. Thanks! /s
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

I just don't think that solidifying reactions to something that isn't set in motion is necessarily reasonable.

There's a well-studied psychological phenomenon where when someone reads words or listens to someone else, there's a part of their brain that is calculating the most likely words that will come next, like Google search autocomplete. Brains do this to help language comprehension. That's how you can understand someone speaking to you in a loud environment where you really aren't hearing every word clearly. When the words that come next aren't in your list of what's likely to come next, there's a jarring mental hiccough that happens.

I mention this because it is rare for this to happen more than once in a single sentence, and it happened to me three times in this one sentence. Once catches my attention. Twice makes me think I've misread something. Three times makes me do the FAST test to see if I'm experiencing a stroke.
    I could rephrase it if you like. Lol.
    I'm familiar with the phenomenon. It's the reason we can read sentences that contain some letters in the right place, and others jumbled.
    I was trying to find a more gingerly approach to saying that it makes no sense that people are ready to quit over something that isn't even finished yet.
    I suppose that makes more sense. The good news is I can stop trying to unreasonably liquefy my reactions to everything that is propelled in place.
  • richardrod33richardrod33 Posts: 13
    When Cavalier came out, I was excited because they had a progression screen and there were room for more titles but so far nothing. There really should've been a title after the Grandmaster fight as it was a culmination of the story and by far the most difficult content (or even a combination of Act 6 and one pass of the Abyss). It should've also given the player more control over their rewards. I can understand why going completely RNG free wont happen but the need of a player who has beat act 6 is not the same as the need of a champ going through Act 1-4. That should've been the chance to create a class of MCOC players where you're more in control of your roster but in reality, it stayed the same.

Also, the design is the arguably the best part of the game, so I have never understood how there have not been any more backgrounds in the game. Fighting Doctor Doom in his castle, fighting the fantastic four on top of the baxter building would be small things that would help the game from being so stale. Sometimes, its small things like big head modes and creativity that can keep things fun.

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

DNA3000 said:

I just don't think that solidifying reactions to something that isn't set in motion is necessarily reasonable.

There's a well-studied psychological phenomenon where when someone reads words or listens to someone else, there's a part of their brain that is calculating the most likely words that will come next, like Google search autocomplete. Brains do this to help language comprehension. That's how you can understand someone speaking to you in a loud environment where you really aren't hearing every word clearly. When the words that come next aren't in your list of what's likely to come next, there's a jarring mental hiccough that happens.

I mention this because it is rare for this to happen more than once in a single sentence, and it happened to me three times in this one sentence. Once catches my attention. Twice makes me think I've misread something. Three times makes me do the FAST test to see if I'm experiencing a stroke.
    I'm familiar with the phenomenon. It's the reason we can read sentences that contain some letters in the right place, and others jumbled.
    I was trying to find a more gingerly approach to saying that it makes no sense that people are ready to quit over something that isn't even finished yet.
    @GroundedWisdom , I think people are also partially angry at the fact that Kabam would attempt to make these pieces of content. Even if in beta, Kabam should be doing there best to create content that they believe is good enough as it is to release then. (Even if they are wanting to make it better from player reception. They should still be doing their best and not waiting for the testers to point out obvious problems.) When champs are buffed, not much is changed between the beta and the final product. I’m not claiming that they go through the same process during champion redesigning and creating story content, it just seems that whatever they push out during a beta seems to be something in close semblance to a final product. So Kabam pushing out the beta for Act 7 and it receiving a critically negative reception doesn’t give much hope (to me personally) that they will change it as drastically as it needs to be.

(I also wanted to personally apologize for the way some people are treating you and others in this thread. Even if your opinion is viewed as taboo, they are not totally radical and still are important within the community.)
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I'm sure this must have been said, but I think it would be nice if there were more unique high end masteries like suicide and assassins build because currently basically we have two, and it would be nice if we could do say one of five or six or mix them around, maybe in ways that benefit champs that are usually trash, kinda like having incursions buffs. For example, say a mastery that increases attack significantly when the opponent doesn't have debuffs and the champion has no buffs, or just any more routes we can take.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I suppose that makes more sense. The good news is I can stop trying to unreasonably liquefy my reactions to everything that is propelled in place.
    That's funny! :)

DNA3000 said:

@GroundedWisdom , I think people are also partially angry at the fact that Kabam would attempt to make these pieces of content. Even if in beta, Kabam should be doing there best to create content that they believe is good enough as it is to release then. (Even if they are wanting to make it better from player reception. They should still be doing their best and not waiting for the testers to point out obvious problems.) When champs are buffed, not much is changed between the beta and the final product. I’m not claiming that they go through the same process during champion redesigning and creating story content, it just seems that whatever they push out during a beta seems to be something in close semblance to a final product. So Kabam pushing out the beta for Act 7 and it receiving a critically negative reception doesn’t give much hope (to me personally) that they will change it as drastically as it needs to be.
    The problem with that line of thinking is it doesn't acknowledge the importance of the co-creative process. It's not us doing their work for them. It's us working with them to meet the goals of both sides. It's virtually impossible for them to know everything we want all the time and design that perfectly. It's equally as unproductive for us to have no feedback in the process whatsoever. Beta is necessary for this very reason. It doesn’t do much for working together if we're offended by what they put on the table. Offering what we think in the Beta is the best way to address those concerns. This isn't even close to being finished. I can't think of the reference at the moment, but Miike said something along the lines of this being the exploration of ideas. Not the final push. There are many different goals of Betas. The main purpose of all of them is gathering our feedback.
    (I appreciate that. Thank you!)
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

That's funny! :)

DNA3000 said:

The problem with that line of thinking is it doesn't acknowledge the importance of the co-creative process. It's not us doing their work for them. It's us working with them to meet the goals of both sides. It's virtually impossible for them to know everything we want all the time and design that perfectly. It's equally as unproductive for us to have no feedback in the process whatsoever. Beta is necessary for this very reason. It doesn’t do much for working together if we're offended by what they put on the table. Offering what we think in the Beta is the best way to address those concerns. This isn't even close to being finished. I can't think of the reference at the moment, but Miike said something along the lines of this being the exploration of ideas. Not the final push. There are many different goals of Betas. The main purpose of all of them is gathering our feedback.
    (I appreciate that. Thank you!)
    I understand Kabam wanting our help to get a grasp on what crazy stuff we might enjoy but the stuff they have placed does not seem completely reciprocal between the community and Kabam in the sense of hearing how the community didn’t like gates. I’m personally not in the beta so I have had to watch YouTube videos of people clearing it and talking about it to understand what is occurring in it. But from what I have seen, the content just seems very punishing to the players by circumstantially gating people based on their champs. Lanes being put seemingly with the prerequisite of having characters like Red Guardian (with the Mercy and Aspect of War combo) while very interesting, as it makes it more difficult to explore, are TOO niche. (A lot of people argue that any fight should be able to be done with any set of characters but I don’t personally believe that. I believe that sometimes (for exploration) little gates can add to the experience and continue the crystal aspect of this game. But this just seems like a MASSIVE JUMP in the direction of 6.2 which they have already said they learned their mistakes from.) Anyone can always revive their way through these more difficult fights easily and personally I have had to do that. But me having to grind arena to revive my Hyperion 5 times for the 6.3 didn’t feel good. This difficult content didn’t personally give me the pleasure I wanted from the defeats and struggles. Even AFTER I had completed that insane task. As of now, a majority of Book 2 Chp.1 seems to be a repeat of content the community has voiced that we dislike (new stuff was added but this old stuff is very attention grabbing.)

Yes, I know parentheses in parentheses... English is hard lol
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

I think featured crystals should be revamped. Instead of containing 6 new and 18 random old, trash champs, it should contain the champs that were released in last 10-12 months. This way community will have a better chance to obtain new champs at increased price.

Or what if the community got to pick 6 out of those 24 champs. On top of the usual 6 feature champs.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Just stop these legend run. No rush = no burn out = no annoying time = happy players for have content to do
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    edited May 2020
    Clearing challenging content is satisfying, as long as the challenge feels fair and isn't unnecessarily punishing. Nodes that are designed just to make you fail (unavoidable damage, especially when its based off of the inflated attacker PIs). Nodes that punish you for not having the perfect counter really aren't fair since our rosters are hostage to RNG... and RNG is not kind. Nodes that ramp up the difficulty every time you fail...way to kick people when they're down, Kabam.
    There is also the issue of reward vs effort. Since so much of our rewards are tied to RNG, there are so many times that an otherwise satisfying 100% is immediately turned to salt by a crappy pull. Even somewhat decent pulls leave a bad taste because they do nothing at all to help me progress.
    Things that I think would improve the game and reduce burnout:
    1) Too many champions aren't useful for progression. They badly need to be updated/buffed. Opening crystals we've been grinding for should feel good, not be a salt fest.
    2) It would be nice to see more content that shines the spotlight on 2 & 3* champs. Wouldn't it be interesting if Act7 ditched the crazy high PIs and instead limited it to just your 2* roster (maybe allowing 3* for later chapters in the act)? Note: I'm not saying lower the difficulty; I'm just advocating gating for 2* and adjusting the difficulty accordingly.
    3) Shorten the AW/AQ timer to 30 min instead of an hour. The idea of the shorter timer is to make it easier for players to move when they have time.
    4) There are far more nodes that punish players than reward them. I'd like to see an increase in nodes that reward players for doing well (life transfer node is a good example).
    5) It would be interesting if the content actually rewarded depth of roster rather than consigning the majority of one's roster to arena fodder. For example, there could be events that confer temporary buffs for bringing certain types of champs, buffs that would make those champs more fun to play/use.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

Full disclosure, I started skimming for moderator comments after the first 10 pages, because it became apparent that half of every page would be a post by, or reply to, the same individual.

To that end, if what I'm going to suggest here has already been suggested somewhere in this thread, I apologise for saying it again.

The problem with the game in it's current state is simply RNG. Yes, some of the attack values are leaning towards absurdity, but on the off chance I play perfect, those attack values can be overcome. That said, the ridiculous node combinations put forth, that can only truly be countered by less than a handful of champions out of a pool of close to 200, is no longer practical.

Now for clarity, I'm not suggesting the removal of RNG completely. I'm simply suggesting a gateway to overcoming it. Frankly you've already done this with featured crystals that give a higher chance at specific champions (perhaps not the one you want in every cycle), but you have a crystal that in exchange for a greater number of shards, will give you a higher percentage chance at a champion you may want. All you need to do is expand upon that. You've taken a step in that direction with Nexus crystals, but even those are still RNG based. I'm suggesting that you take the RNG out completely.

I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I would save 75,000 shards if it allowed me to click on a given champ and purchase him/her at that rarity. Kabam can still gate this to protect their bottom line by putting progression based gates on the ability to do that. For example, Uncollected can only do it for 4* champs. Cavalier can only do it for 5* champs. While there's no title associated with it, you could create one for a full completion run of Act 6 that allows the purchase of your specific 6* champ. You could maintain your beloved RNG money making aspect by restricting the purchase to unowned champs (that's right...you can't use this method to awaken a champ). Beyond that, you can put time frames on the purchase. Something like only being able to do it once every six months.

No matter how you may choose to do it, the fact remains that it needs to be done, as you can't maintain an RNG based game, when there's an unspoken requirement for certain champs to defeat content.

As I've been drafting this, the greed has become even more clear, as I noticed today's deal is focused on bundles with Unstoppable/Unblockable champs. I can't help but notice though, that Mr. Fantastic isn't included in that bundle. He has an unblockable special, so he clearly fits the criteria to be included. Could it be that he was excluded because he provides a synergy to give power sting debuffs to champs who otherwise wouldn't have it, making him an incredibly valuable champ in 6.4? I guess we'll never know.

Bottom line, you need to have an option to overcome RNG associated with champ pulls if you're going to discretely make champion requirements for end game content.

@Kabam Miike I sincerely hope you'll take this into consideration.

In general I think this would be going to far, but I would like to see a way to increase the availability to newer champs. Never having the new good defender, never having the new OP attacker while they are new, sometimes going almost a whole year without a single pull that came out within the last 18 months... this sucks the fun out of the game. No one expects to pull god tier after god tier but opening crystals shouldn't become something we dread lol. The featured crystals should be improved. The incursion crystals should have more than one purchase and they should be improved. Honestly I've never understood why we can only buy one dungeon/incursion crystal. The very first dungeon we were told we could get up to 3 and that turned out to not be the case. After dungeons became permanent the one crystal restriction was still there, but I've never seen an explanation as to why. Make nexus crystals more available. Don't take out the RNG completely, but give use better chances to get newer champs and to target specific champs.
    mum_m2 said:

Act 7 is going to be where people fall off the game. No one is going to want to play that. Act 6 was not okay. Act 5 was fine. Act 4 was just tedious. So what is Act 7 going to be. Is this where Kabam is going to try and make Act 6 the bump in the road for Act 7, or is Act 7 going to be the content that keeps players playing.

This is what you should do. You have to find a way to hit the reset button, and allow all players to join Book 2 Act 1. But make it a way where it's far easier for those that completed Act 6 to complete, but not so difficult for a newer player to. In terms of rewards make it where a newer player can catapult their account with, make the catch up faster for the progressing player, and still be quite rewarding for the most experienced players while also not making Book 1 irrelevant.

Honestly I don't see any way for this to work. Anything that newer players can play won't just be far easier for act 6 completion players, it will be a joke for them.
    DNA3000 said:

Lovek said:

Just stop these legend run. No rush = no burn out = no annoying time = happy players for have content to do

In the beta I suggested a completely different way to conceptualize story arc difficulty, and one component of that was to correct what I have always seen as a major flaw in the legends system. It takes the top tier players, players who already do everything, and encourage them to do everything even faster. That's nonsensical, and encourages burn out.

The solution: eliminate timed Legends runs. Instead, Legend titles get granted to the first X players to complete the content (be it Act 6 or Book 2 or whatever) under challenge conditions. For example, I suggested itemless. First X players to complete Book 2 Act 1 completely itemless get the legends title and rewards.

That would slow them down. Instead of seeing who's fastest, we'd be seeing who can complete the content the cleanest. The top players and the Youtubers wouldn't be racing to blitz the content with the highest damage champion while pumping potions into it. They would have to slow down, think about the content, analyze it, practice it, and try to carefully beat it one path at a time.

When you do this, you can make the base difficulty of the content easier, to target the average player. And then you can make the challenge mode much harder, to give the stronger players a decent challenge with the same content.

Eventually, you can have tiered Legends titles where let's say the first 100 players to complete the content itemless get Legends titles. And then, after those results are in, the first 100 players to complete the content itemless without using any of the top ten champions used by the first group of Legend runners gets a separate Legend title (and you can't get more than one Legend spot in the same piece of content, or there is a two month cooldown where you can't, or something).

There are a lot of ways to turn the Legends system from its current mode where I think the runs are uninteresting, and make it the source of higher tier challenging content for higher tier players without really having to make more content. You just build challenges on the existing content.

Incidentally, this more or less solves the problem of Android devices being at a disadvantage for Legends runs. An old, slow, laggy device you can't play the game well will still be problematic, but a device that takes ten seconds longer to load a fight won't matter.
    Love this idea. People buy energy and potions for legend runs and this would make people spend less for legend runs though. I wonder if Kabam can see the value in the potential increase in health of the game vs. decreased short term spending. I've always thought the time legend thing was odd as it encourages skipping all the story part. Why go to the trouble of writing a story and then encourage people to ignore it?
  • DomLDomL Posts: 9
    Love the idea of BG to reduce path number in AW and AQ 👍
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    The only way I see this game moving forward is for a revamp to Solo Events and Alliance Events to make them both more enjoyable to grind and more rewarding. This is probably the most important thing for Kabam to act upon right now.

If people are motivated to stay in their alliances or complete challenges for additional rewards then they could see players stay. I think a good idea would be to replace Solo crystals with a Solo store where we can spend our earned resources on things like signature stones, boosts, or even Awakening gems with enough saved. (Would obviously have to be set at a high price like Unstoppable Colossus)
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    @DNA3000 Have you watched Brian Grant's video? It seems like you two have come up with similar ideas about story difficulty and legend's runs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Lovek said:

In the beta I suggested a completely different way to conceptualize story arc difficulty, and one component of that was to correct what I have always seen as a major flaw in the legends system. It takes the top tier players, players who already do everything, and encourage them to do everything even faster. That's nonsensical, and encourages burn out.

The solution: eliminate timed Legends runs. Instead, Legend titles get granted to the first X players to complete the content (be it Act 6 or Book 2 or whatever) under challenge conditions. For example, I suggested itemless. First X players to complete Book 2 Act 1 completely itemless get the legends title and rewards.

That would slow them down. Instead of seeing who's fastest, we'd be seeing who can complete the content the cleanest. The top players and the Youtubers wouldn't be racing to blitz the content with the highest damage champion while pumping potions into it. They would have to slow down, think about the content, analyze it, practice it, and try to carefully beat it one path at a time.

When you do this, you can make the base difficulty of the content easier, to target the average player. And then you can make the challenge mode much harder, to give the stronger players a decent challenge with the same content.

Eventually, you can have tiered Legends titles where let's say the first 100 players to complete the content itemless get Legends titles. And then, after those results are in, the first 100 players to complete the content itemless without using any of the top ten champions used by the first group of Legend runners gets a separate Legend title (and you can't get more than one Legend spot in the same piece of content, or there is a two month cooldown where you can't, or something).

There are a lot of ways to turn the Legends system from its current mode where I think the runs are uninteresting, and make it the source of higher tier challenging content for higher tier players without really having to make more content. You just build challenges on the existing content.

Incidentally, this more or less solves the problem of Android devices being at a disadvantage for Legends runs. An old, slow, laggy device you can't play the game well will still be problematic, but a device that takes ten seconds longer to load a fight won't matter.
    Love this idea. People buy energy and potions for legend runs and this would make people spend less for legend runs though. I wonder if Kabam can see the value in the potential increase in health of the game vs. decreased short term spending. I've always thought the time legend thing was odd as it encourages skipping all the story part. Why go to the trouble of writing a story and then encourage people to ignore it?
    This was probably mentioned somewhere back in an earlier post I missed, so forgive me if I’m covering old ground, but why couldn’t some quests have a limitation on items like AQ or AW? If not whole quests, then specific lanes with an item limitation (or outright exclusion)?

If the emphasis is on skill, a quest could also limit champ rarity (downward, not upward) along with limiting items.

@DNA3000 I can’t speak to the coding complexity or practicality of it all, but that would necessitate clean runs, right?

Dr. Zola