**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are we ever going to be able to sell 5*s?

I know Kabam made it happen with Namor/Cull. Curious if there are any plans for this in the future.

Comments

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Timmy2xs said:

I know Kabam made it happen with Namor/Cull. Curious if there are any plans for this in the future.

Why? Just why?
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Timmy2xs said:

That was a special occurrence due to the small tweaks made to them. We used to be able to sell 5*'s. The ability was removed. Way to many "accidental selling" and all the posts about being hacked or brother/sister sold all my champs. Hope they never bring it back.
    Exactly. The option to sell cull and namor really had nothing to do with actually selling them and removing them permanently from your account. It was a makeshift solution kabam used for the rebalancing.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Only if they allow you to Mortgage them like Monopoly. That way when content is released and you need them, there's no outpouring of people who don't have them. Just buy them back from the bank. (Jokes!)
  • Options
    Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Posts: 160
    U people do realize that ur only missing out on 1 single dupe when u sell a champ, right? I know u are all such experts on MCOC... but ur only missing out on 275 shards & 1k gold when u pull them again... what a horrible thing! I really need that R3 Blue Team Cyclops for act 7 though!! SMH
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I don’t see it as being a bad option. The points for not selling champs has already been made. And I agree with them mostly. Having said that there’s some bench warmers where it wouldn’t bother me if I was one sell away from a crystal or so
  • Options
    SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    You realize you’re missing out on max signature ability crystals by selling right ?
  • Options
    GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    Timmy2xs said:

U people do realize that ur only missing out on 1 single dupe when u sell a champ, right? I know u are all such experts on MCOC... but ur only missing out on 275 shards & 1k gold when u pull them again... what a horrible thing! I really need that R3 Blue Team Cyclops for act 7 though!! SMH

It's just a bad habit to get into. Plus duping champs creates tons of iso.
  • Options
    Seanl85Seanl85 Posts: 34
    Timmy2xs said:

Wrong, you are missing out on it every time you pull the same champ. And the 24 t5 class iso. Which is sorta handy for ranking up champs, or gold if you need it
  • Options
    You miss out on more rewards by selling champions than you would with just keeping them and collecting the dupe rewards.
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    -sixate- said:

The option to sell any champ should be removed. More dupes means more shards. Turns into more champs and iso. Only a fool would sell their champs.

Met a guy on global that sells all his lower champs and wishes he could sell his **** 5 and 6*s. Weirdest thing I've heard and he had a pretty low prestige
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

Have you not learned from the variant 4 star requirements and 1* fiasco? never sell champs.

ya thats what i told him and he's like ya i dont care and were like ok bud suit yourself
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    The title made me laugh
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    -sixate- said:

The option to sell any champ should be removed. More dupes means more shards. Turns into more champs and iso. Only a fool would sell their champs.

Correct. I'm starving for gold and ISO right now and if you don't have a constant stream of 4* crystals to open, you won't be able to rank up champs when level up comes around.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

I agree that more dupes means more shards, but I disagree that people shouldn't have the option to sell. I reserve the right to sell my 4* Joe Fixit any time I like. I'm fine with not allowing people to sell 5*s because it causes more work for support when people do it by accident. I don't understand why some want this so badly for a few 6* shards so they can pull their next trash 6* a day sooner lol.
  • Options
    Closing this because it started to turn off topic. Remember to stay on topic, gang.

To answer OP's question: no. At the moment we don't have the plan in motion to turn that back on.
This discussion has been closed.