**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Punisher

Comments

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Same here... I have opened about 2.5 mil bc worth since they were released, only gold and 75 units (which is the minimum - 15 x 5 = 75). This week I went back to regular arena crystals because the net units were more for me. Not one punisher 4 or 5*.

Seeing how many others have stated they have yet to see one pulled prior to maintenance, I admit it is highly suspicious. I am not saying Kabam did it on purpose, it was most likely a coding error. However, the volume of complaints are too many to simply discredit.

I hope Kabam investigates and explains what was happening.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Hmmm wonder when we will get an update? Only takes a second to ask the question to the team

Could be anything. They could be busy, or they could be verifying Accounts.
  • EdenrrificEdenrrific Posts: 57
    Hmmm wonder when we will get an update? Only takes a second to ask the question to the team

Could be anything. They could be busy, or they could be verifying Accounts.

Kudos to you for sticking to kabam so damn hard. You truly believe kabam never makes mistakes. and that everything is for the better developement of the game. even though some updates are purely to make money. It has to take some serious strength to stay that loyal that you won't bulge on something thats literally 99.9% chance a mistake. you believe in that 0.01%! Well done sir!
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Has Kabam come back with an answer to this yet?
    edited September 2017
    This Thread is not about me. It's a discussion on the 5* Punisher in the Uncollected Arena Crystals. It's quite contradicting that people make comment after comment attacking me personally and claim I'm somehow stopping the conversation. It's really quite simple. If people want to have a discussion, they can talk about the topic. People have the ability to agree or disagree and register points of view that are different without becoming the target of labels, smear campaigns, and rejection on a personal basis. Can we please leave our personal feelings on each other out of it and get back to the topic, because it's become pages and pages of people snapping off at me and calling me the problem. We don't have to like each other. We still have to operate with respect for each other, and that includes accepting the fact that we don't have to agree.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I think we should all state our opinions and not have them immediately shot down over and over, even if those opinions are negative toward Kabam. Most threads would be much better if people said their peace and moved on instead of coming back again and again to argue points. Agree or disagree with Kabam, not one person's opinion outweighs others and shouldn't be repeated over and over.

This is the Internet, you're never going to change another person's mind.
    I think we should all state our opinions and not have them immediately shot down over and over, even if those opinions are negative toward Kabam. Most threads would be much better if people said their peace and moved on instead of coming back again and again to argue points. Agree or disagree with Kabam, not one person's opinion outweighs others and shouldn't be repeated over and over.

This is the Internet, you're never going to change another person's mind.

When people engage in a discussion and someone addresses what they said, that person responds and that's how a debate takes place. It's not always about dropping a comment and walking away. People discuss things. It's when it becomes a personal attack on someone that it goes south. It's the whole "Players Vs. Kabam" mentality that causes the problem, and anyone that has the benefit of the doubt or isn't overtly against the company is shut down and jumped on. It's just about different points of view and that doesn't have to involve taking sides. It's about different perspectives.
  • I'm sure everyone will flag this and whatever, but theoretically, let's say a crystal that you should've gotten a 5* punisher instead gives you 5 full energy refills. I can do a whole lot more with 5 energy refills than I can with a 5* punisher. Or how about 225 units? I can do more with that. And duping punisher doesn't even give you shards. So no 6* shards if you dupe him. So, maybe, in some cases, it would be better not to have gotten a 5* punisher. Not saying I don't want him he's an awesome trophy champ. But perhaps there are better things in that crystal, imo
    @GroundedWisdom I don't believe that comment was addressed at you or a reply to one of yours. You're not a victim here and Kabam fosters the "players vs Kabam" mentality with their lack of transparency. Benefit of the doubt ends when there can be no logical doubt (like in this instance).

I hope Kabam does provide some kind of answer, and hopefully it's truthful.

When people turn the Thread into personal comments against me when I was not making it personal at all, that is the definition of victimization. Not that I feel like one. My point is that the Thread and the discussion can go on just fine without making it personal.
    Kabam does not.foster that mentality. The Players do.
    I'm sure everyone will flag this and whatever, but theoretically, let's say a crystal that you should've gotten a 5* punisher instead gives you 5 full energy refills. I can do a whole lot more with 5 energy refills than I can with a 5* punisher. Or how about 225 units? I can do more with that. And duping punisher doesn't even give you shards. So no 6* shards if you dupe him. So, maybe, in some cases, it would be better not to have gotten a 5* punisher. Not saying I don't want him he's an awesome trophy champ. But perhaps there are better things in that crystal, imo

Your missing a point. Something was advertised, but it wasn't possible to get him...Sounds like a scam to me or incompetence. Regardless, they should rectify the situations if they are honest.

Can we get back to the point here....

WAS OR WASN'T the 5* punisher in the crystal before the maintenance!!!!!!!!!!!!

• If this is the case I'm 2 million battlechips past angry.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Ree wrote: »
    That's what I'm pushing for some answers I only opened up about 60 of them and only reason was for 5pun there's really no other reason to even open them crystals
    I do it for the units, with hopes of Punisher.
    I honestly think (because i'm in a big alliance and we all opened a lot) that he wasn't available until after the maintenance, but I don't think they will admit it.
  • Morgan wrote: »
    So all players comments should be taken with a grain of salt, but all Kabam comments are law? Come on, no person can be this obtuse. Kabam makes mistakes, we've seen many recently. I'm not saying this was malicious, but likely a mistake was made.

I said I take those sources with a grain of salt. Reddit, Line, FB, they also have the potential to provide false information as well as valid information. It's not logical to say all Players are voiced there. You are entitled to your views, I have my own.

Why i do believe it wasn't intentional, it's pretty clear that math is an exact science. There is 0 probability that the drop chanches were the same in the first two weeks compared to after maintainance, expecially considering how many crystals were hoarded in order to come prepared for the new ones.

I'd say that the amount of openings done in the first 3-4 days is prolly equal to the last 2 weeks' Worth, just to make a comparison.
    There is statistically no way 0 punishers were popped in 2 weeks then 30 pops out in 24 hrs.

Actually, given the parameters you specify the probability is not zero, but it is astronomically low. However, I'm not sure all of these assumptions are correct. I have no data that points to crystal openings being about four to five times higher in the first four days than in the next two weeks, and I don't have data on thirty confirmed 5* Punisher openings.

I'm aware of the two Seatin highlighted in his video. If you can point to 30 of them being reported with reasonable veracity since server maintenance, that would be very statistically suspect. In fact, just seven of them date stamped within 24 hours of server maintenance would fall under the category of extremely unlikely (that is above a million to one odds even using the most favorable assumptions). Ten of them would put the data into the realm of me not believing any assertion that there was no bug without objective proof (that's Powerball territory).
    Hopefully, we will get word soon... I just hope this thread stays up in the ranks until we get word from Miike as to the findings. If we let the thread die, Kabam will not have any pressure to investigate.
    Hopefully, we will get word soon... I just hope this thread stays up in the ranks until we get word from Miike as to the findings. If we let the thread die, Kabam will not have any pressure to investigate.

I'm waiting to hear myself, but I'm sure they're aware. They Flag their own Threads, so they can see the activity. It doesn't have to be at the top of the Forum. All we can do is wait to hear back.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Let's be patient while they sort this out. First of all I think the moderators/administrators need to get the game/development team to establish what really happen. Even if this is Kabam's fault I am sure they need to go thru some meetings to decide the best way forward. All this on the best possible scenario take at least a week or even longer cos I am sure higher management needs to give the go-ahead to proceed with any sort of follow up action or compensation if any. So let's not jump the gun, be patient and let them come back to us.
    edited September 2017
    Wolfe wrote: »
    Let's be patient while they sort this out. First of all I think the moderators/administrators need to get the game/development team to establish what really happen. Even if this is Kabam's fault I am sure they need to go thru some meetings to decide the best way forward. All this on the best possible scenario take at least a week or even longer cos I am sure higher management needs to give the go-ahead to proceed with any sort of follow up action or compensation if any. So let's not jump the gun, be patient and let them come back to us.

Not really, Tech Support Reps have been able to redistribute items that were sold in error, or compensate for missing awards. However, that is a 1-off basis.

This is a much larger issue that impacted thousands of users. So, it is a little more convoluted.

It really depends what the issue was and how it impacted players. Were people supposed to get a 5* but the code gave them a 4*? It is hard to tell on the player side because people opening several 100's of crystals and opening ten at a time and not wait for the spin.

However, we had "glitches" on crystals before where the animation would land on a 4* and the persons award screen showed something different. Kabam refused to compensate these people and claimed it was an animation issue (many threads on that).

Despite @GroundedWisdom and his very optimistic outlook. Kabam is very inconsistent in compensation and slow to address any issue... remember Android-geddon? How long was it for Kabam to come to a decision as to how to compensate for 7-8 hours of Android users? They knew what the issue was and it took almost 3 weeks.

Without the player base applying pressure, they can easily mistaken it for complacency and simply move on (most accidentally). Trust me, I work in a highly client facing industry and worked in support for online technology. With the number of issues that come in on a day to day base, it is easy to lose track of previous replied cases and threads, especially if there are no new updates from the user-base.

We simply cannot allow that "inconvenience", though it is 90% of the time accidental due to the high pace of occurrences.

We are being patient. We are just reminding them that we are eagerly waiting their findings. it may be annoying, but it is an unfortunate necessity due to Kabam's record with glitchs/bugs and slow in response in addressing these issues. If their corporate structure is that bureaucratic as to hold up compensation for 3 weeks on a well known issue, or several months to fix a bug (ahem parry/block) that they acknowledge has issues on several devices, it is obvious that they need to seriously look at how they are doing things.

@Ree is absolutely correct. Had this not been a game with Marvel characters that most people love, most people would have moved on by now. With every update the game has more and more issues. They do solve several issues, but never address ones that are costing players money (which they admit are not intended). Sorry, but it does come off as unethical for a company to address small bugs while letting huge ones that give them an unfair advantage at profitability at the players expense to persist. This comes from someone with a degree in Business Administration that had several courses around corporate ethics.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Ree wrote: »
    Can we all agree if mike said he's looking into it then something happened !! They know why maintenance went up why such a long delay for a simple answer if nothing happened

Not necessarily. It's a possibility, but that just means he is bringing it to the team. No idea about the time it takes. They could be verifying, or they could have alot on their plate.

Then stop debating and just let the rest of us talk. You don't have to keep responding by saying you won't respond. You don't smell anything fishy, you've made that clear.

My personal opinion is if there were 70 in the first hours, there should be at least 1,000 pulled by now. That's at least 20k+ players (using 2/3 of the 30k possible to account for overlap) that had the opportunity to see 5* Punisher show up in the alliance page. That's also 20k+ players who did not see or share any pics of him appearing on any kind of format. We also know roughly 140k+ get rank rewards in arena at any given time. Even if we assume every player that gets rewards is also Uncollected (clearly not), 1 out of every 7 on average had the chance to see 5* Punisher. With the search for him, I'm willing to throw out reasonable doubt that not a single person who got him or saw him spoke up about it. All reasonably large allies notice all crystal pulls and big rank-ups.

I think the number given was how many 4* were pulled and the 5* wasn't actually available. This will likely also be part of their explanation (if one ever comes). "Sorry, that number was for the 4* version. The 5* is REALLY rare so you are unlikely to see them very often!"

When someone addresses my comment, I do have the right to respond. You're entitled to make your own comments the same. This is a discussion. I'm not stopping you.

Not really sure where you are from, but I have never seen message board postings on a private company's website be protected by any type of bill of rights. So actually no, you don't have the right to respond; you are afforded the privilege to respond. I think you really need to start getting your facts straight.

Actually, people do have the right to respond. If they respect the rules of the Forum, they have the right to participate in any discussion they choose. That's the TOS we agree to. They can have those rights removed if they violate the TOS, but there is nothing outside of that prohibiting them from participating. Certainly not differences of opinion, or personal feelings on others.

I don't think you understand what a right actually is. Posting on this forum, no matter the content, is not a "right" granted to anyone. It is a privilege at the discretion of the company who owns this site.
This discussion has been closed.