**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    gianleo said:

Why insult comments from people who are against the criticisms towards the game don't get deleted such as the guy calling ppl sheeps? Weird

Idk, but the insults go both ways, whether it be towards the people against the criticisms or the people making the criticisms.

People just like to insult when they can't back their arguments.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    ESF said:

i still wonder how the bulk of people are gonna get through Act 6.

I could Unit Man it over the next week or so. I have the roster and baseline skill to do it. I could rank up another character or two, like Nick Fury or CMM, and just get it done.

But that isn't the answer. It's a horrible answer.

Because a ton of people don't have the ability to do that, and I know you know how much of a problem that is

I think Act 6.3 offers an answer here. Everyone knows where the really problematic fights are in Act 6, or problematic paths. The 6.3 boosts are designed to partially negate those, but still leave the difficulty pretty high in general. Maybe the long term answer is to let average players buy Act 6 boosts targeted at lowering the difficulty to more nominal levels so they can get through it reasonably.

To make sure that we don't penalize early runners of Act 6, and also because like it or not the highest Act in the game is being used as end game content when it really shouldn't be due to a lack of end game content, we offer special rewards for anyone that can still do Act 6 without those special gateway-busting boosts. If you do Act 6 as it is now, you get special rewards. These would be retroactively awarded to those that have already completed Act 6 or any of its chapters. But future players will have the option to do "normal mode" first, using special boosts that are designed to widen the number of options players can use for tough fights (CT Sinister comes to mind), and then later when their roster gets wider and they get stronger they can always go back and do Act 6 a second time for higher rewards.

Actually, that sounds very much like Variant difficulty. The current Act 6 would be the "Variant" version of Act 6, and the version you see when you decide to use the special boosts would be normal difficulty. Huh. That solves the problem of how to make story arcs palatable for the average player while not eliminating either the challenge or commensurate higher rewards for stronger players, while also creating replay opportunities for the content.

Complete with special boosts - tier 1 rewards.
    Complete without special boosts - tier 2 rewards.
    Complete without special boosts and itemless - tier 3 rewards.
    Complete without special boosts, itemless, and without using any of the top ten used champs - tier 4 rewards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

Actually the game belongs to them, and our right as a customer doesn't involve breaking the ToS. There are rules in place for a reason. We all empathize with things that come up in life. People get sick. They get busy. They can't make it. It's the responsibility of the Alliance to make do without them. Some kick people for things like that, something I see as way too militant, but it's their choice. I didn't want to respond because it's veering off, but it's worth noting that there are certain stresses placed on people by Alliances, not the game. None of which should involve breaking the rules and jeopardizing your Account.

Correct. Our right as a customer doesn't involve breaking the ToS. You're not one to talk because you're behind bars so don't talk about the ToS and "rules".
    Getting caught up in an off-topic discussion on the Forum is not the same as Account Sharing and other forms of cheating. Not in the slightest.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

Problem as well is how the rewards can be useless I got absolutely nothing good from act 6 100%
    For example I got a skill t5cc I did not get a skill gem which leaves 1 skill champ who I’d consider worthy of r3 stealth suit spiderman which in the current pool is a 1/119 chance about to be 1/131
    Like seriously think about that a 1/131 chance to be able to use the main reward from act 6

First of all, dead serious: I have respect for everyone who 100 percented Act 6. From what I saw when the Brit was doing the later chapters on YouTube, I was just like WHAT. Who is is doing this?

I try not to focus on rewards too much because I never want people to think what I am talking about is influenced by what I could get, but I have said before — even in this thread — that RNG is a horrible way to acknowledge significant milestones like that
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

ESF said:

i still wonder how the bulk of people are gonna get through Act 6.

I could Unit Man it over the next week or so. I have the roster and baseline skill to do it. I could rank up another character or two, like Nick Fury or CMM, and just get it done.

But that isn't the answer. It's a horrible answer.

Because a ton of people don't have the ability to do that, and I know you know how much of a problem that is

I think Act 6.3 offers an answer here. Everyone knows where the really problematic fights are in Act 6, or problematic paths. The 6.3 boosts are designed to partially negate those, but still leave the difficulty pretty high in general. Maybe the long term answer is to let average players buy Act 6 boosts targeted at lowering the difficulty to more nominal levels so they can get through it reasonably.

To make sure that we don't penalize early runners of Act 6, and also because like it or not the highest Act in the game is being used as end game content when it really shouldn't be due to a lack of end game content, we offer special rewards for anyone that can still do Act 6 without those special gateway-busting boosts. If you do Act 6 as it is now, you get special rewards. These would be retroactively awarded to those that have already completed Act 6 or any of its chapters. But future players will have the option to do "normal mode" first, using special boosts that are designed to widen the number of options players can use for tough fights (CT Sinister comes to mind), and then later when their roster gets wider and they get stronger they can always go back and do Act 6 a second time for higher rewards.

Actually, that sounds very much like Variant difficulty. The current Act 6 would be the "Variant" version of Act 6, and the version you see when you decide to use the special boosts would be normal difficulty. Huh. That solves the problem of how to make story arcs palatable for the average player while not eliminating either the challenge or commensurate higher rewards for stronger players, while also creating replay opportunities for the content.

Complete with special boosts - tier 1 rewards.
    Complete without special boosts - tier 2 rewards.
    Complete without special boosts and itemless - tier 3 rewards.
    Complete without special boosts, itemless, and without using any of the top ten used champs - tier 4 rewards.
    I really like where you’re taking this, for the record. People who haven’t hit it yet just have to understand that what you’re talking about makes a lot of sense — retroactively reward those who have completed/explored Act 6, make a “regular version” that the average player can complete or explore — the rewards can reflect the lesser difficulty — and take a deep breath and make Act 7 complex but not as unpleasant

To me, where you’re taking this would really help the vast majority of players who just haven’t seen what this current game can do to punish you
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 178
    I just posted this in my own thread, as I did not see yours started here @gp87 but yea, I feel the same way that apparently everyone on this thread does. I mean, since I have been playing the game, about two years now, not to much has changed at all. I got a lil excited when the Mole Man quests came out, because those were new and different, but yep, as I feared, we went right back to "business as usual".. I mean, cmon Kabam.. get a clue already.. :/
    Anyway, I REALLY hope that the game design team sees these threads, and starts to change the game content, so we can all start having a good time playing COC once again.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

so we can all start having a good time playing COC once again.

Lmao I thought you were talking about Clash of Clans
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    BigBuster said:

@UmbertoDelRio I agree with you 100%.

Kabam kept on talking about "ruining the game's economy" and how "early players get access to endgame resources" during that interview with Dork Lessons. They haven't changed the economy in a long time now. Maybe they think sig stones are going to ruin the economy... who knows? But the quantities they come in actually ruin the economy more. Sig stones are one of the key factors that separate whales and f2p. If an f2p player even wanted to compete in the prestige race, they would be left in the dust. Kabam is ruining the economy for f2p players in the category of sig stones.

This actually manages to mangle the meaning of the word "economy" worse than when people use the term "meta" to mean "the state of the game."

The game economy, in the context of MCOC (which doesn't contain the player interchange economy some other games have) refers to the relationship between the rate of resources flowing into the game and the demands on those resources due to progressional game play. It does not mean the stuff players want but can't have. The game economy isn't ruined just because a player that spends less falls behind someone that spends more. That's what's supposed to happen.

There's two main ways to earn stuff in the game. Grind time, and spend cash. There's a rough balance between the two, where a certain amount of time earns a comparable amount as a certain amount of cash. Someone who plays but doesn't spend much can keep up with someone that spends but doesn't play much, up to a point. But it is ludicrous to expect that someone who plays but doesn't spend could keep up with someone who plays *and* spends. That makes spending meaningless, and if spending is meaningless no one would spend, and there would be no game.

The players at the very top play and spend. It is completely unreasonable to expect any player that only plays or only spends to be able to keep up with them.

BigBuster said:

I just wanted to add one more idea that I think Kabam can implement to add multiple ways of progression in mcoc.

Right now MCOC is a time consuming game. This has been well stated by everyone. Getting a lot of important resources: gold, units, rank up materials requires you to put in the time for AQ and arena. A lot of the game is more grindy rather than skill rewarding. Does arena require mad intercepts? No. AQ requires decent skill and you to log in multiple times (even at lower maps such as map 5).

I think Kabam needs to have another mode of progression that is proportionate to your skill. It should give you X rewards for doing Y intercepts. You shouldn't need to have tons of 5/50 4*'s and tons of 3/45 5*'s and tons of time to get all the milestones in arena for units and gold. There should be another mode that can replace this. Kabam could have used incursions as this mode. You need skill to get through not only high level champs. I played incursions with someone with all 4/55's and I had 5/50 4*'s. I got through the rooms just fine, with no items compared to the other person. But from this all I get is some gold and shards. The shards are RNG, what if I get terrible champs (which I have)? Why isn't there other rewards?

I agree with this. The skill-based progression is what I suggested Act 7 should've been. I posted a reimagining of the first quest of Act 7 on page 24, which relies on skill, but I have a touched-up version of it below, where I fixed some issues with the node combinations.

Enjoy!
    I LOVE this idea. Having to limit your play to only using your best 2* champs is great. Like in the red room quest that you can only use your 2* champs. I like those quests because they are a lil challenging, and rightly so. But, again, it's still more of the same type of game content that we have been seeing for years now. But, I do like this idea for quest 7. Although I would not be doing it for a while yet, but good idea.
    Siliyo said:

Some suggestions for improvements for Various Game Modes.

Alliance Quest
    Prestige Race: I personally don’t know how to feel about this since I am a person who does 5x5 because it’s not as time consuming. However, I am aware that Kabam needs funding. So you want players who spend, to continue spending to keep the game alive. At the same time, you don’t want the gap between spending and F2P players to be so great that it’s ONLY pay 2 win. So I’m not sure how to fix the prestige race, except having a better distribution of rewards so the rich aren’t getting more richer than the rest.

Gameplay: the problem seems to be the time requirement. You’re asking us to revolve our life around MCOC, when in actuality we should revolve MCOC around our life. The feeling like you’re babysitting your game because you have to frequently check in with your LINE chats, other alliance mates and having to “optimize” your energy sucks. However, this really only happens because of linked nodes. There’s too much reliability on other alliance mates which makes it feel like you have to constantly check in. I like the idea of playing with other Alliance Mates, but the linked nodes are simply too much. Reduce *significantly* the amount of linked nodes or remove the entirely. You should also increase the energy cap while also lowering the timer to 45 minutes so we’re spending less time checking in.

Alliance War
    Incursions-like mechanics. I like the idea of the hacks and it certainly can be implemented into War. As you approach the mini bosses, you can choose a hack that will give you great abilities outside of the champion’s base kit OR choose a hack that will put the defender at a disadvantage.

Champion Acquisition
    Champion Acquisition should be similar to how movies are released. I do not mind the players spending on characters to get them immediately. In fact, as I have mentioned it’s a good thing for the game so Kabam can get their revenue. However, I think champion acquisition should be similar to how a movie is released in theaters.
    Let’s take the example of the Black Widow movie. If you are interested in being one of the first people to watch Black Widow opening weekend, you are most certainly free to do so. If you wanted to wait until the movie came out on Blu Ray or available for rent so you can watch it in the comfort of your own home, that’s perfectly fine too. The difference between these two options I believe are (1) experiencing a brand new movie in theaters with a whole auditorium and (2) cost. Watching Black Widow opening weekend consists of ticket cost(s) and food cost(s). Because you wanted to be the first one to watch Black Widow you’re spending more than you would have if you bought it on Blu Ray or decided to rent the movie. However, that’s part of the experience. You enjoy being one of the first few and you don’t mind spending a little extra for popcorn, food, and a drink.
    With that said, champion acquisition should be similar. For those who want the brand new champion when they’re released, they can do so through Cavalier Crystals. However, if you want to wait for 90 days for example, you should be able to get that champion as well if you did X amount of tasks or grinded for Y amount of resources or something of that sort. If you want premium access (one of the first people to get it), you can certainly buy the champion the first week they come out. If you want to play the longer game, you can get the champion later but more f2p friendly.
    You can also add a Nexus Shard Crystals to reduce RNG. I think a reasonable amount would be 12,500 5* Shards for a Nexus Crystal.

Story Content
    Story Content outside of Act 5 and Variants 2-4 need to be reconsidered and reworked. The jump from Act 5 to Act 6 is far greater than the jump from Act 4 to Act 5. Not that things should not get difficult as you progress further, but putting a hard wall on players (champion gates, high attack values, terrible boss design like 6.2 Sinister, Mordo, and Champion) advancing is no fun. As a result, I’ve had no motivation to start 6.2 and beyond.
    Content also seems tailored to specific champions. I like the way Objectives were set up this month because it allowed the players to do a “treasure hunt” of sorts finding a champion they need to fight to get their reward. This could certainly help in questing. For example, if we take Nick Fury, it will look like this in a path in Act 6.
    Node Name: Master of Espionage. [TARGET]’s bleed duration and potency is increased by 200%
    Or When [TARGET] would inflict a bleed, [TARGET] inflicts armor breaks as well.
    This way, it encourages players to find the champion that is best suited for this node AND encourages players to play a champion that’s been in their roster for a long time. I could characters see Yondu, Civil Warrior, Angela, Elektra, Bishop, Iron Fist, Captain America WWII and others get some love in Endgame content.

Arena
    Adds more time players spend on this game (on top of other things like AQ/AW/Story), which adds frustration. The infinite streak should go away - there should no longer be any death matches. Feels bad for players grinding for Featured Champions and falling short a couple of million to only get rewarded 2000 5* shards after spending 3 whole days in arena. I’m not too sure what could help aside from putting in milestones for champions.
    Adding a 5* Basic Arena. It’s been said by the devs they don’t want too many arenas because of overflow of resources, but if that’s the case why don’t you combine arenas? The 1-2* and 2-3* arena could be combined together; the 3-4* and 4-5* arena could be combined together; the 5* featured could be as it is; and then you could add a 5* basic arena.

Incursions
    Gameplay is great. But getting the Top Zone rewards only once a month is a drag. If I didn’t have a person who wanted to play dungeons (i.e. getting invited to play with this person), I wouldn’t go out of my way to play Incursions. The gameplay itself isn’t sufficient enough for me for the effort and time that is required. If Top Zone Rewards can be acquired weekly that would be nice. In conjunction, you could lower the Top Zone Rewards so it isn’t broken.

These are all great ideas that I also believe kabam should consider. There is also one theme that I keep seeing emerge in most of these threads, and that's the time that is needed to put into the game to get rewards. I agree with this as well. We shouldn't have to grind for a week, of even a few days for a mere 1K worth of 5* shards. This goes double for arena's. We should not be required to grind in arena to try and get to 3Mill points in the slim hope to get one of the champions.
    Bottom line, the entire game needs to be rethought, and redesigned to be more fun, and worth spending our money on. At least in my HO anyway.
  • mugichamugicha Posts: 50
    Kabam doesn't even change the AQ stamina recovery time,
    Your opinion is useless
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I also want to take a moment to vent my frustrations about the this game, not because I hate it but because I love it. This is my favorite video game and I want to see it keep going, that’s why I support it any way I can (I still get the monthly unit card even though I lost my job to the pandemic because I want to show my support to the game I love), but I can’t pretend that the game hasn’t gotten massively unenjoyable in the last year to year and a half. Act 6 was a disappointment and exploring it is a massive, bitter slog (only have 6.4 to finish 100% thank god). RNG is killing this game because of the champion specific nodes and fights. The lack of availability of resources like sig stones and t5cc (I get that it’s supposed to be rare, but even at the top level of AQ and AW you hardly get any, but hey, you can buy it on deals). There are a number of things I think need to be fixed first. I think that we need to be able to buy nexus five and six star crystals with shards, arenas need to give out more rewards, we need a five star basic arena, and we need more clear and open communication with Kabam
  • RKO_meRKO_me Posts: 154
    Time to put in my two cents as to what changes I would like to see for MCOC:

1. Have Nexus crystals be a regular part of the game. This can be implemented by having summoners spend three times the amount to get a nexus crystal. For example, a 5* nexus crystal would cost 30k 5* shards (10k shards per champ in the nexus crystal). Implementing nexus crystals into the game will help solve the most MAJOR problem in the game of only needing 20 or so champs to complete difficult or endgame content. I also would like to point out that nexus crystals don't eliminate the RNG part of the game, which I think still has its place.

2. Shorten Alliance Quest maps and Alliance War season. I suggest Alliance Quest maps be shortened to two sections (first section and boss section) and Alliance War season be cut in half and by extension, the season rewards in half. Alliance quest is long, highly repetitive and requires players to log in many times a day. Changing the format of the alliance quest map to only two sections will cut Alliance quest timing by more than a third and reduce the need to log in multiple times a day. By cutting Alliance War seasons in half, this will lower the amount of Alliance War season stress and by extension, burnout.

3. Remove repetitive nature of questing. I suggest reducing event/story quest paths to a maximum of 5 per map. Having to defeat an event quest final boss 7 times and having to defeat an endgame content boss 5+ times can become frustrating, repetitive and boring. Let me be clear and say that I am not advocating for lesser energy consumption. Energy consumption as it stands now I believe is fair. In this same vein, no singular path should consume more than 70 energy.

4. Be able to use champions in multiple forms of content at the same time. I advocate that champions used in alliance war OR alliance quest should also be able to be used for story/event questing. The implementation of not being able to use the same characters in different game modes feels arbitrary and restrictive. Players shouldn't feel the need to leave an alliance for a few weeks so they can finally finish up tougher content with their best champs without interruptions. Champions used for alliance war (offense and defense) should continue to not be able to be used in alliance quest at the same time, and vice versa.

5. Eliminate or reduce specificity for content. I find many node combo's with specific champions too hard for 98% of champs to get over in endgame content (6.2 Mr. Sinister for example). Clearing difficult content should not require VERY highly specific champs and synergies, but require some specific champs and skill (see Grandmaster fight). Hard content requires the best champs to complete it and I believe there is still a place for players to seek top level champions to make clearing content easier (see point 1 to better solve issue of getting those champions). Additionally, champion gates in 6.2 should either be eliminated outright or tweaked to be more forgiving to the average player. Hard gating systems that require specific size rosters acquired by either buying units for crystals or putting in many hours, months, or even years turn players off to the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Actually 30k seems about what I would set it at. 20k for a Class Crystal. 15 for Featured.