**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

End of act 6, no max 6* possible

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
100% act 5, can max a 5*
Same for all prior acts.
You also get shards for next rarity.

Act 6 has none if this.
Can’t get rank 5 for 6*.
No 7 star shards.

Thoughts?

Comments

• OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    There are no seven star champs. Also act 6 is going to be pretty easy when you can finally get rank 4 5 star champs. Don't like the rewards, wait until it's easier or don't do the act.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

100% act 5, can max a 5*
    Same for all prior acts.
    You also get shards for next rarity.

Act 6 has none if this.
    Can’t get rank 5 for 6*.
    No 7 star shards.

Thoughts?

We didn't get 5* shards for max 4*'s before 5*'s were available. We are no where near ready for 7*'s. R5 6*'s will probably still be a bit further off. I imagine that with Book 2, we will finally see T3 Alphas and T6B. Or at least shards for them. Just a slower ramp up for 6*'s.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,139 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

While I do think we should have gotten r3 earlier then we did and be starting to go into r4s now r5s is definitely way too fast

Disagree because it wil just end mcoc early then I’m wil like
    With is fine and to be fair I’m don’t even won’t 7 star to com to just get the champions all over again that gets to old
    Knation said:

To the people disagreeing with me are you happy with there only being 1 2% crystal for the top 20 allies in aq
    With extreme luck it’d still take you 50 weeks to make a t5cc
    With the 1/6 odds exactly 300 weeks

We didn’t said anything abudt that u thinking that u just like de switch to fast means u hav to start over ever 2 years I’m don’t like that
    Knation said:

Gamer said:

Knation said:

To the people disagreeing with me are you happy with there only being 1 2% crystal for the top 20 allies in aq
    With extreme luck it’d still take you 50 weeks to make a t5cc
    With the 1/6 odds exactly 300 weeks

We didn’t said anything abudt that u thinking that u just like de switch to fast means u hav to start over ever 2 years I’m don’t like that
    We didn’t have to start over with 6*? 5* are only starting to slip behind and even then in 90% of cases I’d still rank 5 a 5* of a r2 6^
    Also I don’t think 7* should be in the game until a while after 6* r5
    That’s the problem when 5 star got to rank5 we was already giving 6 star u cler act5 100 procent u wil just had 1 rank5 then Like 3 mouch after a 6 star so that’s why I’m said it let us be happy for what ther is now do Agerd with the 2 procent cystal is just not great
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    I don't think that's what he's trying to say, @Demonzfyre is the closest to understanding him I think.

The ramp up for 6*s is slower. In all previous acts rewards gave you the materials to take the highest star champion in the game to max rank. As he pointed out act 5 = r5 5*, act4 = r5 4*, etc..

Now we have arrived at act 6 where the rewards give you the materials to take the current highest star champion (6*) to r3. This is not how the game has progressed in the past. That's just a fact, I'm not arguing that we should get r5 6*s.

I think that's a large reason for the outrage at the moment. Act 6 is the hardest content in the game to 100% and you can't even take a 6* to r5 when you do. So the rewards feel underwhelming for the effort and a lot of players aren't bothered to play act6. Then act 7 beta comes out and it's just more act 6.

They already want to drop act 7 which means they want to release story content faster. This is a positive, attracts new players, incentivises end-gamers BUT if the game progresses slower and the story content is harder, the game becomes less enjoyable.

Maybe act 6 came out too fast? Maybe they didn't intend it being so difficult in relation to the rewards? Maybe they need to figure out how to build story content again now that the game has grown a lot?

If the want to pace up the game they can. But they should've done it right, for example (im just spitballing) :
    - Maybe they could've made act 6 shorter and easier with act 7 coming soon after. Act 6 could be like 5.1 & 5.2, with a r3 6* reward at the end and act 7 like 5.3 & 5.4, with r4 6* at the end.

- Or they could've made act 6 a lot shorter with act 7,8 & 9 in the pipeline. Act 6 like 5.1, act 7 like 5.2 and so on. With adjusted rewards so you can take one (or maybe 2 or 3 since I'm speaking about 3 acs in book 2, which is A LOT) 6* to max rank

That's the problem in my opinion and just my 2 cents.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    Lmao I just noticed my own contradiction: the game progress is lower but then I say they pace up the game. I meant the progress of acts in relation to max rank champions and they pace up the game bringing story content out faster.

Hope you all know what I mean! Peace
    One thing I will saybin regards to Book 2 is that just because there was a beta, doesnt mean they were really ready to release it soon. I think they had the beta sooner than they normally would have in anticipation of blow back on the content. I think 7.1 we will see materials for R4 6*'s but only on 100% exploration.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    Act 6 rewards are fine except for one thing. It should contain a generic 6* AG just like how Act 5 had one.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Back in 2016 i think, a mod said that kabam had plans till 2021...and that those plans included 7 stars...it is 2020 no?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

Back in 2016 i think, a mod said that kabam had plans till 2021...and that those plans included 7 stars...it is 2020 no?

Nah. Last time they said something like that they said 2025 is planned out already and that was over a year ago so I'm guessing they're up to 2027 by now lol.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    What you betting that 100% act 7 will only give resources for a r4 6*..... Gotta wait even longer for a 5/65 6*
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    LOL
    People disagreed with me, but all I did was compare Act 6 rewards/progression with every other Act, then asked for everyone’s thoughts.

Can someone tell me what, in my OP, they disagree with?
    All the comments were disagreeing with things I did NOT say.

• GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

I don't think that's what he's trying to say, @Demonzfyre is the closest to understanding him I think.

The ramp up for 6*s is slower. In all previous acts rewards gave you the materials to take the highest star champion in the game to max rank. As he pointed out act 5 = r5 5*, act4 = r5 4*, etc..

Now we have arrived at act 6 where the rewards give you the materials to take the current highest star champion (6*) to r3. This is not how the game has progressed in the past. That's just a fact, I'm not arguing that we should get r5 6*s.

I think that's a large reason for the outrage at the moment. Act 6 is the hardest content in the game to 100% and you can't even take a 6* to r5 when you do. So the rewards feel underwhelming for the effort and a lot of players aren't bothered to play act6. Then act 7 beta comes out and it's just more act 6.

They already want to drop act 7 which means they want to release story content faster. This is a positive, attracts new players, incentivises end-gamers BUT if the game progresses slower and the story content is harder, the game becomes less enjoyable.

Maybe act 6 came out too fast? Maybe they didn't intend it being so difficult in relation to the rewards? Maybe they need to figure out how to build story content again now that the game has grown a lot?

If the want to pace up the game they can. But they should've done it right, for example (im just spitballing) :
    - Maybe they could've made act 6 shorter and easier with act 7 coming soon after. Act 6 could be like 5.1 & 5.2, with a r3 6* reward at the end and act 7 like 5.3 & 5.4, with r4 6* at the end.

- Or they could've made act 6 a lot shorter with act 7,8 & 9 in the pipeline. Act 6 like 5.1, act 7 like 5.2 and so on. With adjusted rewards so you can take one (or maybe 2 or 3 since I'm speaking about 3 acs in book 2, which is A LOT) 6* to max rank

That's the problem in my opinion and just my 2 cents.

You're right. The difficulty ramped up at a much steeper slope than our champs could possibly ramp up. I understand they don't want to quickly make max 6*s a thing and that makes sense.

But what they should have done is make the difficulty ramp slightly over the course of act 6. But they treated it like all the previous acts where we could grow a much stronger roster to tackle the new content.

Now we have a situation where all the enemies attack values and hp are going up exponentially as we go from chapter to chapter but our roster strength, even if we are getting some 6* rank 3s, is only going up about 20%. At max. That's the peak. There are no rank 4s in sight.
    Try this version
    100% Act 4: easily have 5* rank 3
    100% Act 5: easily have 6* rank 2
    100% Act 6: get 6* rank 3

One rank for 100%ing the hardest content in Story mode.

Thoughts?
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Try this version

Thoughts?

Dude what exactly are you trying to achieve here?
    Denslo500 said:

Try this version

Thoughts?

You cant go back in time and change the progression curve. They arent going to change act 4-6 rewards either. Especially after act 6 100% was already changed. Just accept it.
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Try this version

Thoughts?

100 percent act 4 gives 4 t2alpha enough for 5* rank 4.
    The rise is one rank every act you go up which is exactly the pace it is supposed to instead of rushing forward to maxed 6*s.
    Typically the game has allowed the Endgamers access to the next rarity of champ (shards) and the ability to max out the current rarity.
    Endgamers like Seatin are frustrated because they have all the 6*'s they want and cannot progress past Rank 3.
    Doing AQ/AW for rank up materials is now completely meaningless for Endgamers, in that position.

I am just saying that, all the current drama, is completely understandable.

I am surprised that this MAJOR change in typical progression has been relatively ignored by the community.

Kabam is breaking a cardinal rule in game design:
    -make players feel like they are constantly progressing.
    Denslo500 said:

Typically the game has allowed the Endgamers access to the next rarity of champ (shards) and the ability to max out the current rarity.
    Endgamers like Seatin are frustrated because they have all the 6*'s they want and cannot progress past Rank 3.
    Doing AQ/AW for rank up materials is now completely meaningless for Endgamers, in that position.

I am just saying that, all the current drama, is completely understandable.

I am surprised that this MAJOR change in typical progression has been relatively ignored by the community.

Kabam is breaking a cardinal rule in game design:
    -make players feel like they are constantly progressing.

There can just stop rushing like that’s but Youtuber ther is fully time yourtube need the revenues to pay bils ect. So I’m get that ther can’t stop