**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hyperion Master 1.2

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
Just getting around to Master now. Is Hyperion only supposed to be 3k+? Just want to make sure before I do reruns later. I'm thinking the Nodes are the added difficulty, but I wanted to doublecheck. Seems off. Thanks.

Comments

• Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    He's not so bad. My 4* 4/40 Dormamu took him down in one go each time, even able to survive 2 hits from his s3 and go on to finish him.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No I have no problems with him. I'm wondering why he is only 3k+ in PI. Seems suspiciously low for Master.
  • Just getting around to Master now. Is Hyperion only supposed to be 3k+? Just want to make sure before I do reruns later. I'm thinking the Nodes are the added difficulty, but I wanted to doublecheck. Seems off. Thanks.

That map is bonkers in general. Besides Hyperion there's that weird runt path with nothing but 1.4k champs. My guess is someone made a booboo laying out that map and nobody noticed until it went live.

If you're worried about it, I would recommend doing 100% of that map first.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Grounded, this is perhaps the easiest Master quest in my opinion. I was surprised at some of the fights.

Dr. Zola
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Just getting around to Master now. Is Hyperion only supposed to be 3k+? Just want to make sure before I do reruns later. I'm thinking the Nodes are the added difficulty, but I wanted to doublecheck. Seems off. Thanks.

That map is bonkers in general. Besides Hyperion there's that weird runt path with nothing but 1.4k champs. My guess is someone made a booboo laying out that map and nobody noticed until it went live.

Yes I'm just a bit skiddish incase it's unintended. I'm running Completion first either way. If it's intended to be that way, great. Just making sure.
  • DrZola wrote: »
    Grounded, this is perhaps the easiest Master quest in my opinion. I was surprised at some of the fights.

Dr. Zola

I'm inclined to agree, at least in terms of recent history. I recognize that difficulty is not linear, different people have different trouble with different things, but the only real difficulty curveball in this month's Master mode is getting used to Kingpin's animations and weird unstoppable and unblockable mechanic.

There's also Bane, but at these levels Bane isn't strong enough or prevalent enough to be a big problem, relative to Master mode difficulty itself in my opinion.

I wouldn't say I found any particular fight notably easy, but I did find myself generally reaching the boss with a team of relatively healthy champs and most path runs I didn't lose anyone. When you're arriving at the boss with a nearly full strength team it almost doesn't matter how difficult the boss is: when you get five cracks at him unless his name is Taneleer Tivan he's going down.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine with the difficulty. My main concern is it being another Exploit. Just verifying so that my Account is safe.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

Yes I'm just a bit skiddish incase it's unintended. I'm running Completion first either way. If it's intended to be that way, great. Just making sure.

No idea if it is intentional, but they already had a server maintenance window to fix it if they wanted to, so I'm assuming they are going to let it ride.

I actually already hit the end and have been working backwards to full explore (I usually go full complete and then fully explore starting from the most difficult map and working backward) and I'll be doing that map tonight. I'm sure lots of people will have already finished full explore soon and at that point I don't think Kabam is going to want to touch the map either way.

No idea if it is intentional, but they already had a server maintenance window to fix it if they wanted to, so I'm assuming they are going to let it ride.

I actually already hit the end and have been working backwards to full explore (I usually go full complete and then fully explore starting from the most difficult map and working backward) and I'll be doing that map tonight. I'm sure lots of people will have already finished full explore soon and at that point I don't think Kabam is going to want to touch the map either way.

I do the same. I do the last 2 for Exploration first. That way it feels all downhill from there.
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine with the difficulty. My main concern is it being another Exploit. Just verifying so that my Account is safe.

There aren't any extra rewards to take away and there is no way to avoid killing those nodes even when playing normally, so I wouldn't worry about it myself. I am taking no special precautions when running that map, but of course that's my own personal decision. But I can't see anyone else doing anything differently in this case.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine with the difficulty. My main concern is it being another Exploit. Just verifying so that my Account is safe.

There aren't any extra rewards to take away and there is no way to avoid killing those nodes even when playing normally, so I wouldn't worry about it myself. I am taking no special precautions when running that map, but of course that's my own personal decision. But I can't see anyone else doing anything differently in this case.

Fair enough. I'm just getting into the desire to do Master myself. I haven't really wanted to until recently. The Rewards increase has a lot to do with it. It also depends on how my game performs. Sometimes I just don't want to invest because I'm having issues. I just thought it seemed low from the others I've seen, so I thought I would verify.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

I do the same. I do the last 2 for Exploration first. That way it feels all downhill from there.
    Im the opposite, I try to save those ones for 3 Day completion. But as far as your concerns, Im not really to sure how it could be considered an exploit due to the champs ratings. I never even look at the champs ratings in monthly quests so if it actually had been, I guess Id be in trouble lol
    R4GE wrote: »

Im the opposite, I try to save those ones for 3 Day completion. But as far as your concerns, Im not really to sure how it could be considered an exploit due to the champs ratings. I never even look at the champs ratings in monthly quests so if it actually had been, I guess Id be in trouble lol

I get it. Lol. I may be a bit over worried. Just double checking. It seemed lower than months passed. If it's all kosher with them, it's all kosher with me. :)
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Please look into @GroundedWisdom finding and exploiting master lvl of new event quest. Thnx
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I think his pi was set low cause the combination of his nodes and abilities would have made him over powered had he been say 15k. Over powered being relative to only being the 2nd boss
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    I think his pi was set low cause the combination of his nodes and abilities would have made him over powered had he been say 15k. Over powered being relative to only being the 2nd boss

That's what I was gathering. Joe seems low in 2.1 as well, but there are other Nodes at play. Never hurts to post and ask. I just wanted to make sure everything was copacetic.
  • WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be but it's funny. Took 3 l3's from him one fight and still got the Win

This master quest is just weird lol
    That same map has a line of 1k champs
    Even in the kingpin map the opponent PI ranges from 7-10k, not including the boss. Then one line has a 4K unduped iron fist
  • So, you were actually worried that kabam was gonna come out and say "hey that monthly quest that we created was too easy and you shoulda known it was too easy, even if we didn't. Once you realized it was too easy, you should have refrained from doing the quest. Now you're banned and we're taking your rewards back"

Man we are a damaged buncha ppl now. Pretty sure I read a book like this once.
    chunkyb wrote: »
    So, you were actually worried that kabam was gonna come out and say "hey that monthly quest that we created was too easy and you shoulda known it was too easy, even if we didn't. Once you realized it was too easy, you should have refrained from doing the quest. Now you're banned and we're taking your rewards back"

Man we are a damaged buncha ppl now. Pretty sure I read a book like this once.

I wasn't entirely sure if everyone else was seeing the low PI, so I wanted to come and check. I initially thought of the Exploit last month, but I wouldn't say I was that concerned. Mostly just checking to see if it's supposed to be that way. It's lower than previous months, so I wanted to see of everyone else is seeing the same thing. I don't mind the difficulty. No harm in making sure it's as intended.