**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Invisible Woman Synergy Needs Improvement

SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
Okay so I've always wondered why does Invisible Woman have such a vital ability gimped by an ineffective synergy?

Her main weaknesses are the inability to parry on all matchups in order to obtain maximum damage output and also multiple hit special attacks that cancel her invisibility entirely.

Yet Red Guardian, a fresh champion from Kabam has the ability to prevent the loss of his damage output on parries (not multiple hit specials but you should get what I'm saying here.) In addition, Sunspot can gain incinerates back by parrying once during a multiple hit special!

I think it's unfair that Invisible Woman who already arguably requires the most amount of skill to play when it comes to a champion has such a huge disadvantage which makes playing her not worthwhile. Why does her Fantastic Four synergy not give her complete immunity to losing her invisibility through parried hits? It doesn't increase her damage much... it would just be used defensively when you need some room.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I also wonder why Invisible Woman was ignored in the recent champ rebalances. Based on what Kabam Miike said he made it seem like this synergy would fix the issue with invisible woman but now since a few people have reed they don't even bother using the synergy bonus because it's too risky even with a low chance.
    It's been a while now so wouldn't be it good to take another look at invisible woman again?

Hell I even think it'd be great if she was toned down to 30 invulnerabilities rather than 50 and had more potent invulnerability debuffs.

• Options

@Savage
    Here's a balance suggestion for if/when Invisible Woman gets revisited:

Vulnerabilities have a duration of 0.5 seconds, but are paused when Invisibility is active. When Invisibility is lost, Vulnerabilities begin to be lost one after another, in series (i.e. they diminish like CMM's Binary charges do).

50 vulnerabilities would take a full 25 seconds to be completely lost. With an Invisibility cooldown of ten seconds, you'd still have Vulnerabilities active by the time you could reactivate Invisibility, so you wouldn't need to start from scratch each time.

This mechanism would help to sustain her damage a bit better, without fundamentally changing her abilities.

Wow that's actually a great suggestion. I think it'd honestly be more balanced than lowering the cap and buffing the potencies.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

@Savage
    Here's a balance suggestion for if/when Invisible Woman gets revisited:

Vulnerabilities have a duration of 0.5 seconds, but are paused when Invisibility is active. When Invisibility is lost, Vulnerabilities begin to be lost one after another, in series (i.e. they diminish like CMM's Binary charges do).

50 vulnerabilities would take a full 25 seconds to be completely lost. With an Invisibility cooldown of ten seconds, you'd still have Vulnerabilities active by the time you could reactivate Invisibility, so you wouldn't need to start from scratch each time.

This mechanism would help to sustain her damage a bit better, without fundamentally changing her abilities.

That’s actually an amazing idea, rather than make the ramp up shorter make messing up less severe
  • Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    just pulled her as a 5 star. She really needs that synergy improvement
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    This should all really be posted in her champion spotlight post or its going to get buried and forgotten which would suck since theres some really good stuff in here.
  • Options
    Lunae said:

This should all really be posted in her champion spotlight post or its going to get buried and forgotten which would suck since theres some really good stuff in here.

You right. Still not going to let this thread die until Kabam speaks out about Invisible Woman like they practically promised.
  • Options
    Sooooo... are we ever going to get that general reassessment from Kabam?

• Options
    SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    She needs to be looked at again. With a few tweaks she could be on level with Thing and Human Torch.
  • Options
    MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    🤗

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Any thoughts yet?