**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Verzz said:

Actually 30k seems about what I would set it at. 20k for a Class Crystal. 15 for Featured.

Just because that’s what you would set it doesn’t mean it’s a good value. 20K might be reasonable for a class crystal but 30K is ridiculous for a nexus.
    It's not ridiculous at all. If you want a choice, you have to pay a cost. The 6* was given for Act 6. You think it's going to be that cheap? 20k to narrow down the RNG to Class. 30k to have your choice of 3 is not unreasonable.
    You say that like it's a PHC. Lol. Put one out for 30k I guarantee people will opt for it. 3 chances at what you want is better than one.
    Yeah because you know what would really make my day? Waiting a while to save up to 30k shards all for me to open a nexus crystal and have to choose between Groot, Superior Iron man, and Moon Knight. Oh yeah, that's what I want.
    You have the same ability now. Difference is, you don't have a choice. You get what you get. Suggestions are one thing, but realistic ones are another. I can't see them being swapped outright for the Basics. The Featured for example. You're paying extra for the advantages it provides. Same applies to this Crystal.
    30k is an absolutely ridiculous idea. No sane or veteran player would go for that offer. I'd rather open 3 separate 5* crystals to still end up with a Groot, Superior Iron man, and Moon Knight so I could get a decent chunk of 6* shards and get myself closer to 6* Iron Patriot. Quick suggesting absurd cost amounts.
    If they were trying to take down Sinsiter or The Champion I'd wager they would. Let's put this into perspective. They give a Nexus for doing Act 6. Now people are suggesting replacing the Basic with them? I don't care how high expectations are. I can't be the only one who sees the stretch in that. Advantages have a cost, and choosing one of 3 Champs is a pretty big advantage given the system.
    Nobody is saying it shouldn’t cost more. 30k is ridiculous because by the definition of your own crystal you are giving up 3 champs to get 1 champ from the same pool. Which means it is exactly the same thing as seeing the next 3 and keeping all of them or seeing the next 3 and having to choose one of them for the same price. Only a complete fool would go for this nexus for 30k.
    As I said a few comments ago, 30k was an idea because of the symmetry. You're getting 3 choices and it's also the same as the T4 trade-in. I also said I would be open to considering 25k like someone else mentioned. Anything less than 20k and I don't agree at all.

What value is there in anyone listening to your views on what is an acceptable/possible value of a nexus crystal from Kabam’s perspective? Are you in a position to influence that decision from within Kabam? If not, who cares what you think is acceptable or possible, why would you by default position your comments from the perspective of the developer?

What is interesting and useful feedback is what you would pay for one as a player...anything else is just nonsense.

What is the foundation for your constant “insight” into what Kabam are and are not doing or going to do and their reasons for so?

Honestly I wish I could mute you, I’m not meaning to be impolite but you’re just not adding anything here, quite the opposite, it’s beyond frustrating.

Can you just not let this thread especially breathe?

We're expressing our opinions. That's why we're here. I'm explaining what I find reasonable. Not what I can influence. There is value in everyone's opinions. That's a given in these discussions.
    My reasoning does not see these Crystals being set at a value lower than what they are given the current value in the game, and what they offer.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Okay, let's all regroup.

The main grievances.

1) Champion acquisition
    2) Content quality/enjoyment
    3) AQ/AW issues
    4) Imbalance of resource availability
    5) General crystal issues
    6) Champion performance imbalances

Happy Mother's Day!

Here’ s my big idea that could be a starting block for a revamp of how stuff works.

1) Arenas are currently the only reliable way to get a specific champion, but that is harmed by the fact that more progressed players who do it for the shards/sig levels or whatever have so many more 6* than someone who is a little smaller and can’t keep up the grind, so to the not grinder, it is a fools errand (I know this isn’t the only case, but it’s the general idea/problem with arenas. That and bots.)

I feel like a decent alternate for champ acquisition are solo quests with the champ in question. So like, instead of a 5* Omega Red arena, we would get a OR gauntlet quest where we need to take down a quest made around Omega red and his skills and weaknesses. So in my mind it would have two paths, one highlighting his skills and the other his weaknesses, so on one side it would be Electro, masochism and Morningstar/biohazard, but on the other side it would be robots and other Omega Reds. If you can finish both paths, you get that champ. It would obviously need to be hard enough to where it’s not just a faceroll, but not so hard that it requires perfect intercept and impossible scenarios (like putting a non-immune against biohazard unless they have a shrug off).

2) #1 might help with this. Also more fun nodes like April Pools thing with the QuickDraw node, the stop hitting yourself node, etc. Stuff that makes the game funky but not hard. Another idea for a node is both champions are unstoppable and unblockable and those cannot be removed, and each fighter has X amount of indestructible charges and once all are removed, they gain death touch (so fast combos and ability stuns are good)

3)AW/AQ... umm I’m not really sure. Add fun nodes previously mentioned lol

4)Resource availability could be solved with gold quests/arenas, updated UC rewards or a Cav difficulty. I feel like this has been covered heavily and kabam is actively trying to implement at least some of those in a balanced fashion

5) Crystals... good old RNG. Um I would lean towards lowering the range of desirability for potential rewards. Maybe make multiple featured crystals like dungeon 5* crystals, but for 5* shards and not artifacts. Or drastically increase dungeon 5* shard drops to the point you are hardcore missing out if you don’t play them.

Unofficial 6) I saw this on reddit the other day, and I know this is gonna get a whole lot of disagrees, and I’m not sure if I’m behind it myself, but maybe we need a 12.0 for the current gods so we can bring stuff closer together so we aren’t caught in an upward spiral of the newest OP attacker that beats everything to the only counter to OP attacker that is OP to every other champ, to the attacker that beats that defender, etc. Again, I am pretty sure this isn’t quite the way to go, and would be massively unpopular, but maybe if the nerfs were to a minimal degree? I dunno. I really don’t think it’s the best option, but I don’t think we should 100% leave it off the table for civil discussion...

Actual 6) I feel like synergies are the way to go, but they need to actually do something. Like, a good example is Moon Knight and his synergy with NT I think? It’s the one that increases bleed duration. It’s not very helpful since his bleeds don’t stack. We need synergies that give the bad champs something to do with their kit. Like, maybe for DPXF, bleeds stack and each special he uses gives him a teleportation charge that is basically like a Nick Fury+Quake evasion charge. Just simple bits that add at least utility. OR on the other side, make them like Heimdall so they have very desirable synergies, even if the character itself isn’t all that great (even tho Heimdall does have some good utility in this case)

Uhh those are my thoughts, don’t tear me apart for mentioning the update we shall not speak of, uh what about all this tho? Too hard for kabam to be constantly implementing, it will throw imbalances in, or it might be worth a good thinking session?
  • Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 424 ★★
    ZeepZorp said:

For now, he's just leaving his alliance. But from the tone of his voice and everything else he talks about, it's obvious that he's bored with the game as a whole.

This came as a massive shock to me and is definitely going to show in the community as well. Regardless of your opinion on Seatin, it's obvious that he really loves this game more than anyone, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that he's the face of the MCOC community, and to see him be disappointed like this is definitely alarming.

The worst part of it is that he's right about most things he's saying. Act 6 was terrible, everything about it except The Grandmaster fight stinks HARD. The attack values are insane and the counters overall are so niche, it's not fun. Not fun at all.

Alliance War is the same as it always is, an absolute ****show, Kabam keep adding trash like Flow and Siphon and then expect the players to have fun. It's so bad, so boring, you see the same 5 defenders all over the place.

Act 7 doesn't look any better either, it's taken exactly what made Act 6 terrible and dialed it up even more. Knowing Kabam, they won't be changing that either. The direction this game is taking isn't comforting, and you know if Seatin, a guy who loves this game so much is upset, it's not a good sign.

Really felt they should have taken a direction with Act 7, similar to that of Variant 4. New book, new beginning. Restart with 2* champs with a 2* or 1* restriction with challenging but fun gameplay. The next act, increase the star level of champs vsed and used. Allows people to reuse those lower starred champs. But then again, they aren't pushing content out for people to reuse any champs, but new, specific and high starred champs.
    kabam take note of this...
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian

Okay, let's all regroup.

The main grievances.

1) Champion acquisition
    2) Content quality/enjoyment
    3) AQ/AW issues
    4) Imbalance of resource availability
    5) General crystal issues
    6) Champion performance imbalances

Happy Mother's Day!

Here’ s my big idea that could be a starting block for a revamp of how stuff works.

1) Arenas are currently the only reliable way to get a specific champion, but that is harmed by the fact that more progressed players who do it for the shards/sig levels or whatever have so many more 6* than someone who is a little smaller and can’t keep up the grind, so to the not grinder, it is a fools errand (I know this isn’t the only case, but it’s the general idea/problem with arenas. That and bots.)

I feel like a decent alternate for champ acquisition are solo quests with the champ in question. So like, instead of a 5* Omega Red arena, we would get a OR gauntlet quest where we need to take down a quest made around Omega red and his skills and weaknesses. So in my mind it would have two paths, one highlighting his skills and the other his weaknesses, so on one side it would be Electro, masochism and Morningstar/biohazard, but on the other side it would be robots and other Omega Reds. If you can finish both paths, you get that champ. It would obviously need to be hard enough to where it’s not just a faceroll, but not so hard that it requires perfect intercept and impossible scenarios (like putting a non-immune against biohazard unless they have a shrug off).

2) #1 might help with this. Also more fun nodes like April Pools thing with the QuickDraw node, the stop hitting yourself node, etc. Stuff that makes the game funky but not hard. Another idea for a node is both champions are unstoppable and unblockable and those cannot be removed, and each fighter has X amount of indestructible charges and once all are removed, they gain death touch (so fast combos and ability stuns are good)

3)AW/AQ... umm I’m not really sure. Add fun nodes previously mentioned lol

4)Resource availability could be solved with gold quests/arenas, updated UC rewards or a Cav difficulty. I feel like this has been covered heavily and kabam is actively trying to implement at least some of those in a balanced fashion

5) Crystals... good old RNG. Um I would lean towards lowering the range of desirability for potential rewards. Maybe make multiple featured crystals like dungeon 5* crystals, but for 5* shards and not artifacts. Or drastically increase dungeon 5* shard drops to the point you are hardcore missing out if you don’t play them.

Unofficial 6) I saw this on reddit the other day, and I know this is gonna get a whole lot of disagrees, and I’m not sure if I’m behind it myself, but maybe we need a 12.0 for the current gods so we can bring stuff closer together so we aren’t caught in an upward spiral of the newest OP attacker that beats everything to the only counter to OP attacker that is OP to every other champ, to the attacker that beats that defender, etc. Again, I am pretty sure this isn’t quite the way to go, and would be massively unpopular, but maybe if the nerfs were to a minimal degree? I dunno. I really don’t think it’s the best option, but I don’t think we should 100% leave it off the table for civil discussion...

Actual 6) I feel like synergies are the way to go, but they need to actually do something. Like, a good example is Moon Knight and his synergy with NT I think? It’s the one that increases bleed duration. It’s not very helpful since his bleeds don’t stack. We need synergies that give the bad champs something to do with their kit. Like, maybe for DPXF, bleeds stack and each special he uses gives him a teleportation charge that is basically like a Nick Fury+Quake evasion charge. Just simple bits that add at least utility. OR on the other side, make them like Heimdall so they have very desirable synergies, even if the character itself isn’t all that great (even tho Heimdall does have some good utility in this case)

Uhh those are my thoughts, don’t tear me apart for mentioning the update we shall not speak of, uh what about all this tho? Too hard for kabam to be constantly implementing, it will throw imbalances in, or it might be worth a good thinking session?
    They could also do like quest 1 is 5/6 stars, quest 2 is 4/3* then quest 3 is 2/1*.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

ZeepZorp said:

For now, he's just leaving his alliance. But from the tone of his voice and everything else he talks about, it's obvious that he's bored with the game as a whole.

This came as a massive shock to me and is definitely going to show in the community as well. Regardless of your opinion on Seatin, it's obvious that he really loves this game more than anyone, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that he's the face of the MCOC community, and to see him be disappointed like this is definitely alarming.

The worst part of it is that he's right about most things he's saying. Act 6 was terrible, everything about it except The Grandmaster fight stinks HARD. The attack values are insane and the counters overall are so niche, it's not fun. Not fun at all.

Alliance War is the same as it always is, an absolute ****show, Kabam keep adding trash like Flow and Siphon and then expect the players to have fun. It's so bad, so boring, you see the same 5 defenders all over the place.

Act 7 doesn't look any better either, it's taken exactly what made Act 6 terrible and dialed it up even more. Knowing Kabam, they won't be changing that either. The direction this game is taking isn't comforting, and you know if Seatin, a guy who loves this game so much is upset, it's not a good sign.

Really felt they should have taken a direction with Act 7, similar to that of Variant 4. New book, new beginning. Restart with 2* champs with a 2* or 1* restriction with challenging but fun gameplay. The next act, increase the star level of champs vsed and used. Allows people to reuse those lower starred champs. But then again, they aren't pushing content out for people to reuse any champs, but new, specific and high starred champs.
    kabam take note of this...
    Check their post in news and announcements about the beta. They are hardcore revamping it but from what I can tell they have decided that they aren’t gonna go that route at least for 7.1
  • UlisesHerreraUlisesHerrera Posts: 10
    Kabam give an answer about the principal problems with the Beta of Act 7. But I really want to believe in them that they will make the right decisions to have a better future in the game. I think in the same way as seating because the difficulty is so high and annoying in Act 6 and in the Beta. I hope the game's future will become great as it was.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom not to derail the thread, just saw your post and congrats on the rift AGs. That’s quite lucky.

Dr. Zola
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    You all are really giving the community a lot of credit. Kabam slightly back tracked over 12.0. If players didnt unite over 12.0 to actually make a change and havent since, what makes this time any different. So many players threatened to quit over 12.0, and did, but kabam brushed it off. Dont believe the hype, trust me, I've been there. This community is apathetic af, but hey id love to be proven wrong.

Still waiting for Ilac to take down those dastardly mercs and bots with the help of the community and his fellow youtubers...
    DrZola said:

@GroundedWisdom not to derail the thread, just saw your post and congrats on the rift AGs. That’s quite lucky.

Dr. Zola

Thank you. Almost fell over. I was just saying today that I got a Gem the other day so I'll save for the Chronometer after this next Rift. I pulled Doom last night from a Basic. 5 minutes later I landed on a Mystic Gem. It sure doesn't happen that easily all the time, so I'm grateful.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldtpgYiLCAc&feature=youtu.be

For all the sheep out there:
    In 15:01 he says that the best and only solution is Blade
    But do you know that willpower counts as regeneration?
    Sheeeeep

Wow... I guess nobody thought of that. Since you're so smart, how about you go into the first fight on that path with a kamala khan. Let me know how long it takes to complete that fight using just willpower healing.
    before you decide to answer I would suggest you to try the fight first
    Because I tried with Namor and when I had the willpower healing I was doing normal damage
    Sheeeeep
    You clearly don't know the meaning of the word sheep you clown. How old are you? 10? Cause that's what you act like. Are you forgetting that Namor has regen in his toolkit?
    If you want to see the stupidity in that path, record a fight with kamala like I said before.
    has namor regeneration in his basic attacks?
    I am talking about he regeneration from willpower, which is happeningg cause the power sting
    When you hit the opponent and you have the power sting debuff, and you are healing from willpower you can do normal damage
    But I think it's a bug, so I will report it.
    In fact even if you have the salve mastery you can do normal damage, so it's DEFINITELY a bug
    Thanks sheeep!

P.S: before you comment again, I suggest you to find some information first
    Namor has regen when using a special, you idiot. And from this comment, I can definitely tell you're like 10 years old, and so can the rest of the community. Grow up! It'll do you some good 👍

P.S: You're reporting a player-benefiting bug? Wow... didn't thing you'd stoop that low.
    who told you that I was using special you SHEEEEEEEEEP (and idiot)?
    You can regenerate with willpower if you know what is this mastery
    And I wan't planning to report this, but I will report for you
    As far as the guess about the age, oh boy...
    Timmy sculled the flintstone gummies again smh

I see lots of people suggesting going back to 2-4*s with act 7. I for one absolutely do not want to see story content go down this road.

I wasn't even one that had big issues with the 6.2 gates but basically the entire community disagreed. Gates can't be bad bc you didn't have the 5*s for 6.2 but then be good bc you have the 3*s for something else. I don't want to use worse versions of champions with less synergies bc you guys can't make up your minds about gates being good or bad. I certainly see far less people suggesting 1*s in all these posts too. Perhaps bc a lot of are missing those and that's why we still have people crying about the last variant.

I'm fine with those types of quests being introduced in variants as that's the whole point of them. I don't want to see them anywhere near story content though.

This is the point that I made some pages ago. It doesn't even make logical sense to me to use lower Champs for higher Story.
    That doesn't make any sense at all. Prestige is calculated by your Top Champs. Not your lower ones. I'm also not going to call it broken, and I'm not getting into that debate here.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Charnutz said:

I see lots of people suggesting going back to 2-4*s with act 7. I for one absolutely do not want to see story content go down this road.

I wasn't even one that had big issues with the 6.2 gates but basically the entire community disagreed. Gates can't be bad bc you didn't have the 5*s for 6.2 but then be good bc you have the 3*s for something else. I don't want to use worse versions of champions with less synergies bc you guys can't make up your minds about gates being good or bad. I certainly see far less people suggesting 1*s in all these posts too. Perhaps bc a lot of are missing those and that's why we still have people crying about the last variant.

I'm fine with those types of quests being introduced in variants as that's the whole point of them. I don't want to see them anywhere near story content though.

Shouldn't be a big deal unless you're one of those guy's that've sold all his 1,2 and 3 star champs to exploit the broken matchmaking system in war
    I assure you I haven't sold any of my champs. Have somewhere around 700 at the moment. Thats not the point though. I got crucified during the 6.2 threads bc I said I didn't mind the gates, they didn't really affect me as I had basically all the available 5*s at the time and an extensive 6* roster. I got told repeatedly that I'd feel differently if they affected me and that gates and restricting champion selection was inherently bad. Yet here we are and bc 2 and 3* gates wouldn't affect people they're good now? They're either inherently bad or they're only bad when they affect you and I was right all along. Regardless of which, I have no desire to use lower rarity champs bc the majority of you flip flopped on gates