**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Sorry only a little over 680 not quite the 700 range yet

Charnutz said:

Sorry only a little over 680 not quite the 700 range yet

Why are you even posting that here? I really don't understand the relevance?? Ugh, can't talk to you that's for sure jeez. Way to drown out the post
    Bc you said I shouldn't care unless I sold my champs. I obviously have not and definitely still care.
    But keep skipping over the whole 6.2 gates being bad but it would be "fun and original" to gate Act 7 to lower rarity champs bc it wouldn't affect you personally thing
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    ZeepZorp said:

Charnutz said:

I see lots of people suggesting going back to 2-4*s with act 7. I for one absolutely do not want to see story content go down this road.

I wasn't even one that had big issues with the 6.2 gates but basically the entire community disagreed. Gates can't be bad bc you didn't have the 5*s for 6.2 but then be good bc you have the 3*s for something else. I don't want to use worse versions of champions with less synergies bc you guys can't make up your minds about gates being good or bad. I certainly see far less people suggesting 1*s in all these posts too. Perhaps bc a lot of are missing those and that's why we still have people crying about the last variant.

I'm fine with those types of quests being introduced in variants as that's the whole point of them. I don't want to see them anywhere near story content though.

Shouldn't be a big deal unless you're one of those guy's that've sold all his 1,2 and 3 star champs to exploit the broken matchmaking system in war
    I assure you I haven't sold any of my champs. Have somewhere around 700 at the moment. Thats not the point though. I got crucified during the 6.2 threads bc I said I didn't mind the gates, they didn't really affect me as I had basically all the available 5*s at the time and an extensive 6* roster. I got told repeatedly that I'd feel differently if they affected me and that gates and restricting champion selection was inherently bad. Yet here we are and bc 2 and 3* gates wouldn't affect people they're good now? They're either inherently bad or they're only bad when they affect you and I was right all along. Regardless of which, I have no desire to use lower rarity champs bc the majority of you flip flopped on gates
    I guess that's the difference between you and the vocal majority complaining about 5* gates. Like you stated you already have most 5* and an extensive list of ^* champs. It's likely that most don't have that type of roster variety like you do, hence the disagreements.

2* and 3* gates however don't seem to be a problem because the champs themselves aren't too hard to collect. You don't have one? Pop a couple PHC's. The relative easiness to obtain a lower rarity champ compared to a higher rarity champ is probably why people aren't too fussed about lower rarity gates.
    People who are doing Book 2 presumably have them already. Unless they sold them, as was stated. However, waiting on Champs is just a part of the game, and content that comes after Act 6 isn't something that would be accessible from just opening a PHC. It's aimed at 5* and 6* Champs. Now, they took in the feedback on punishing Nodes, but they also said people wouldn't be dusting off their 2* Rosters either. That's the number one complaint about Gates is people are excluded because they have lower Rarities they can use. It's not meant for lower Rarities. Not on the whole. We can't use them through to Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, ad infinitum.
    xNig said:

One way to reduce rng from crystal pulls could be themed challenges each month.

Eg. When Cavalier difficulty is introduced, instead of 5*/6* shards we get 2-3 keys that allows us to access a 1 fight selectable “boss” challenge that’s themed (it can be class or tag etc). Winning the fight allows us to get a 5/6* crystal of that theme.

For example, let’s say the 3 themes that can be selected are “control” “villain” “large” depending on the new champs introduced that month. The boss fight will be designed to accentuate the style of the new champs as sort of a showcase.

We can either do one of each challenge or multiple of the same to get several “themed 5/6* crystals” (depending on how many keys we get. maybe 1 5* from completion of cavalier difficulty and 2 more 5* + 1 6* from exploration).

In this way, we can reduce the rng but still not completely forsake it.

That's an interesting idea. I also gave some thought to how Cavalier will introduce more Shards. More Shards mean more pulls. I think you may have the bones of something there too.
    Charnutz said:

But keep skipping over the whole 6.2 gates being bad but it would be "fun and original" to gate Act 7 to lower rarity champs bc it wouldn't affect you personally thing

Just an idea thrown out there. Nothing more
    I get that. I think it's a very bad one personally and am pretty surprised the amount of support it has based off the arguments that were put forward against the 6.2 gates. There are still people asking for those gates to be removed today even. Gated content can't only be bad when it's detrimental to you is all I'm saying. It's pretty hypocritical to get upset when you don't have good options for gated content and say it's bad design but then support gating other content bc it wouldn't personally affect you.
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★

ZeepZorp said:

Charnutz said:

I see lots of people suggesting going back to 2-4*s with act 7. I for one absolutely do not want to see story content go down this road.

I wasn't even one that had big issues with the 6.2 gates but basically the entire community disagreed. Gates can't be bad bc you didn't have the 5*s for 6.2 but then be good bc you have the 3*s for something else. I don't want to use worse versions of champions with less synergies bc you guys can't make up your minds about gates being good or bad. I certainly see far less people suggesting 1*s in all these posts too. Perhaps bc a lot of are missing those and that's why we still have people crying about the last variant.

I'm fine with those types of quests being introduced in variants as that's the whole point of them. I don't want to see them anywhere near story content though.

Shouldn't be a big deal unless you're one of those guy's that've sold all his 1,2 and 3 star champs to exploit the broken matchmaking system in war
    I assure you I haven't sold any of my champs. Have somewhere around 700 at the moment. Thats not the point though. I got crucified during the 6.2 threads bc I said I didn't mind the gates, they didn't really affect me as I had basically all the available 5*s at the time and an extensive 6* roster. I got told repeatedly that I'd feel differently if they affected me and that gates and restricting champion selection was inherently bad. Yet here we are and bc 2 and 3* gates wouldn't affect people they're good now? They're either inherently bad or they're only bad when they affect you and I was right all along. Regardless of which, I have no desire to use lower rarity champs bc the majority of you flip flopped on gates
    I guess that's the difference between you and the vocal majority complaining about 5* gates. Like you stated you already have most 5* and an extensive list of ^* champs. It's likely that most don't have that type of roster variety like you do, hence the disagreements.

2* and 3* gates however don't seem to be a problem because the champs themselves aren't too hard to collect. You don't have one? Pop a couple PHC's. The relative easiness to obtain a lower rarity champ compared to a higher rarity champ is probably why people aren't too fussed about lower rarity gates.
    People who are doing Book 2 presumably have them already. Unless they sold them, as was stated. However, waiting on Champs is just a part of the game, and content that comes after Act 6 isn't something that would be accessible from just opening a PHC. It's aimed at 5* and 6* Champs. Now, they took in the feedback on punishing Nodes, but they also said people wouldn't be dusting off their 2* Rosters either. That's the number one complaint about Gates is people are excluded because they have lower Rarities they can use. It's not meant for lower Rarities. Not on the whole. We can't use them through to Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, ad infinitum.
    I feel like you're getting carried away with your own argument. I'm just stating why people are more inclined to introduce low star rarity gates rather than high star rarity gates that's all.

At the end of it all, it's not anyone's decision here. People are just here to put down suggestions, not to implement them into gameplay,;that's Kabam's job.
    Charnutz said:

Charnutz said:

I get that. I think it's a very bad one personally and am pretty surprised the amount of support it has based off the arguments that were put forward against the 6.2 gates. There are still people asking for those gates to be removed today even. Gated content can't only be bad when it's detrimental to you is all I'm saying. It's pretty hypocritical to get upset when you don't have good options for gated content and say it's bad design but then support gating other content bc it wouldn't personally affect you.

I said gates so they didn't have to make the entire chapter a certain ☆ requirement. Was just a thought. If you take a poll the majority of the community had most fun with variant 4. Why not use that more? I would have fun with it honestly. Was something really cool they added
    See and while I enjoyed V4 it's not remotely near the top of the list for enjoyment for me. My order from favorite to worst would be 3, 2, 4, and then 1. Different strokes for different folks.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I agree with both sides regarding Act 7, but I feel like Kabam could take a look at all the work they've done with Variants and learn from that experience. What they need to notice is that Variants have a high level of creativity that is present–and noticeable in them. I'm not saying that Act 7 didn't have any creativity going into it from the team, but just that it wasn't present enough for us to see.

I agree that being against Act 6 gates and pro Act 7 gates can be a little problematic, in terms of consistency, but I also feel that with Kabam restarting the Book, it would make sense to follow the same progression line of the first Book. Just some ideas to play around with.

Anyways, I hope your day went well. Signing off for the night.
    ZeepZorp said:

ZeepZorp said:

Charnutz said:

I feel like you're getting carried away with your own argument. I'm just stating why people are more inclined to introduce low star rarity gates rather than high star rarity gates that's all.

At the end of it all, it's not anyone's decision here. People are just here to put down suggestions, not to implement them into gameplay,;that's Kabam's job.
    They're more inclined because they have all the Champs. That's not a given with content. Especially brand new content.
    arsjum said:

Charnutz said:

What if the folks criticizing the 6.2 gate were different from people suggesting 3*-4* gates for Book 2 Act 1? For example, I dislike the Act 6 gates altogether but am not asking for gates in Act 7 although I have all 3 and 4* champions available.

What you seem to be suggesting is that since some of the players here are now acting selfish, your selfish position on Act 6.2 gates was justified. Is that your point? If yes, I concede and let's move on. That's not the crux of the discontent here. There are more pressing issues some of which have been outlined above. Such as:

--too much RNG in champion and resource acquisition
    --Actc 6 and 7 being not fun but very punishing
    --AQ and AW leading to player burnout
    --Arenas getting stale
    --Monthly events not getting updated
    --solo and alliance events being stale

I am sure there are others.
    I'd personally rather see gates than the ultra specific nodes counters we needed in 6.3 and 6.4. I was in the severe minority of having that opinion about act 6 however.

All I'm saying is that you can't give kabam a hard time about high tier gates saying it's bad design and then praise lower tier gates and say they're amazing and fun. It's a mixed message. So I would just rather people keep the same message and stick with gates are bad as a whole so the developers look at different avenues to shake up content design instead of trying to figure out whether or not these specific gates are fun but these very slightly different gates are evil.

I'd honestly rather just see more node design that can both benefit and punish a player. Nodes like backblast and Icarus are two of my favorite nodes in the game. Played correctly or by using the right champions on them they can be massive bonuses for you but if you make a mistake or bring the wrong champion against them, you get wrecked.
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 161
    Just wanted to through this out there for ppl who haven’t seen seatins most recent video.

He talked about how kabam could introduce a boss challenge every month with different difficulties and stuff. Check the video out, seems like a cool concept.

It think kabam implementing this or as someone else in this thread already said, introducing a world boss challenge would be rly interesting. I don’t think everyone should get the same rewards for the world boss challenge, for example conquerors shouldn’t be getting 6 star shards. In that regards the rewards you get would be based on your tittle progression. Conquerors would get shards and rank up resources for 4 stars, uncollected players get 5 star resources and so on so forth.

Ig I’ll be called a sheep for this, but just thought it would be a cool idea and wanted to hear your thought/ suggestions

Feel free to criticize and suggest improvements for a mode like this
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

arsjum said:

Charnutz said:

What if the folks criticizing the 6.2 gate were different from people suggesting 3*-4* gates for Book 2 Act 1? For example, I dislike the Act 6 gates altogether but am not asking for gates in Act 7 although I have all 3 and 4* champions available.

What you seem to be suggesting is that since some of the players here are now acting selfish, your selfish position on Act 6.2 gates was justified. Is that your point? If yes, I concede and let's move on. That's not the crux of the discontent here. There are more pressing issues some of which have been outlined above. Such as:

--Arenas getting stale

I'd personally rather see gates than the ultra specific nodes counters we needed in 6.3 and 6.4. I was in the severe minority of having that opinion about act 6 however.

All I'm saying is that you can't give kabam a hard time about high tier gates saying it's bad design and then praise lower tier gates and say they're amazing and fun. It's a mixed message. So I would just rather people keep the same message and stick with gates are bad as a whole so the developers look at different avenues to shake up content design instead of trying to figure out whether or not these specific gates are fun but these very slightly different gates are evil.

I'd honestly rather just see more node design that can both benefit and punish a player. Nodes like backblast and Icarus are two of my favorite nodes in the game. Played correctly or by using the right champions on them they can be massive bonuses for you but if you make a mistake or bring the wrong champion against them, you get wrecked.
    Gates have been around for content I think back in act 3. The problem with act 6 wasn't completely because of the gates. The gates just made the problem worse. Act 6 requires so many specific counters that you needed certain champs not only in 5* but also 6*. Earlier gates required certain classes or even a certain champ but there were multiple counters available for the lane behind the gate. If you want to use gates fine but don't set gates then create lanes only a few champs can tackle
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Not to bring up Seatin again but I watched his latest video and he mentioned something like kabam going back through act 6 like a 12.0 update and making it better content. Honestly that’s the only way I would even attempt to do that content, let alone doing act 7 as it’s in the beta now.

Someone else on reddit said something to the effect of “when act 6 came out only the big end game players were doing it and complaining. But now that more people have advanced to the point of trying it, maybe the player base in a larger sense are now catching up to how badly it’s designed and running into the same roadblocks others have been saying, like Seatin.” It’s no surprise this was all kind of bubbling under the surface and his leaving the alliance video set things off.

I tried to go back and do some exploration on 6.1 after beating the champion boss and I hated it. Gave up. I was just so bored. And then I was like “I’ll try 6.3 and see if I can push that way” and it was the same thing. It’s just GNARLY, in every sense of the word. I just have no desire or care to do it any time soon and I haven’t felt like that about this game in 5 years now.

Anecdotally, my boyfriend started playing this in 2018 during infinity war event, has played every day since, drops a good amount of money on it (like me lol) and he not only agreed with everything being said here, but was planning on quitting at least for a while after this current event ends. He’s not the only one I know of who just has no desire for what’s ahead at the moment, and thinks the whole thing is just stale. All around.

We both were somewhat interested in at least seeing what MROC was like and trying it...but I doubt either of us will put our time effort and money into another game while this one is not progressing in a good direction. There’s a level of trust that we feel just isn’t there and it’s really sad because we love this game. I’ve played every day for over 4 years consistently. But I stopped doing war and aq about 6 months ago and haven’t missed one second of it.

Hope the team can see these comments and really get some different perspectives to consider.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

Charnutz said:

--Arenas getting stale

If having gates means not having ultra specific nodes, than I am okay with it, it’s a line of thought I never considered before.
  • KeonexKeonex Posts: 296 ★★★
    Wish list of this that I would like to see to improve my experience in the contest

1. lower attack ratings of act 6/7 defenders
    2. remove 3* from Cavalier crystals
    3. instead of using time to work on new champs, and giving us 2 new monthly champs how about taking time to Fix/update OLD champs especially if said champs are being added to 6 star pool

I know some guys are super lucky getting amazing 6* (Domino, Corvus, Warlock, Ghost, etc) But im definitely one of the shafted that after over 20 6* crystals all i have to show is a duped black bolt i mean if thats the best fo the 20+ six stars that is SAD

Old champs need some LOVE right now all my six stars are useless and basically have me spending all my t5b and resources on 5stars i get they are still very relevant but when alliance mates are already r3 multiple 6*s and me without a good one its like im being forced to rank a **** champ to r3 just to keep up with the prestige
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    We need aq and aw 30mins timers permanently. For finish it faster and have more quieting in real life