**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Lovek said:

We need aq and aw 30mins timers permanently. For finish it faster and have more quieting in real life

Disagree.

What I have seen happen in many alliances is people getting all worked up and pushing others to login more frequently to get AQ and AW done earlier, which will disrupt real life more.

1 hour timers are fine given the length of AQ, as long as everyone is responsible and do their part. One login every 4-5 hours for 5 mins is not much to ask for.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

Charnutz said:

But keep skipping over the whole 6.2 gates being bad but it would be "fun and original" to gate Act 7 to lower rarity champs bc it wouldn't affect you personally thing

Just an idea thrown out there. Nothing more
    I get that. I think it's a very bad one personally and am pretty surprised the amount of support it has based off the arguments that were put forward against the 6.2 gates. There are still people asking for those gates to be removed today even. Gated content can't only be bad when it's detrimental to you is all I'm saying. It's pretty hypocritical to get upset when you don't have good options for gated content and say it's bad design but then support gating other content bc it wouldn't personally affect you.
    What if the folks criticizing the 6.2 gate were different from people suggesting 3*-4* gates for Book 2 Act 1? For example, I dislike the Act 6 gates altogether but am not asking for gates in Act 7 although I have all 3 and 4* champions available.

What you seem to be suggesting is that since some of the players here are now acting selfish, your selfish position on Act 6.2 gates was justified. Is that your point? If yes, I concede and let's move on. That's not the crux of the discontent here. There are more pressing issues some of which have been outlined above. Such as:

--too much RNG in champion and resource acquisition
    --Actc 6 and 7 being not fun but very punishing
    --AQ and AW leading to player burnout
    --Arenas getting stale
    --Monthly events not getting updated
    --solo and alliance events being stale

I am sure there are others.
    I'd personally rather see gates than the ultra specific nodes counters we needed in 6.3 and 6.4. I was in the severe minority of having that opinion about act 6 however.

All I'm saying is that you can't give kabam a hard time about high tier gates saying it's bad design and then praise lower tier gates and say they're amazing and fun. It's a mixed message. So I would just rather people keep the same message and stick with gates are bad as a whole so the developers look at different avenues to shake up content design instead of trying to figure out whether or not these specific gates are fun but these very slightly different gates are evil.

I'd honestly rather just see more node design that can both benefit and punish a player. Nodes like backblast and Icarus are two of my favorite nodes in the game. Played correctly or by using the right champions on them they can be massive bonuses for you but if you make a mistake or bring the wrong champion against them, you get wrecked.
    If having gates means not having ultra specific nodes, than I am okay with it, it’s a line of thought I never considered before.
    There were definitely nodes in 6.2 that required specific counters but I don't feel there were anywhere close to as many as there were in 6.3 and 6.4. I obviously don't know for sure but it just seemed to me that when there was such a back lash against the gates in 6.2 they had to think of another way to force roster growth before finishing content. So instead of actual gates it looks like they started making more nodes that required much more specific counters to actually counter the node or the standard ghost/quake options of ignoring the nodes all together and just playing around them. That combined with the massively increased attack values between 6.2 and 6.3 just wasn't fun for me at all personally while I actually enjoyed a decent amount of 6.2. Now 6.2.5 and the 6.2.6 champion went a bit too far IMO, I actually enjoyed most of 6.2.1-6.2.4. 6.2.2 and 6.2.3 in particular were a lot of fun for me
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

Charnutz said:

But keep skipping over the whole 6.2 gates being bad but it would be "fun and original" to gate Act 7 to lower rarity champs bc it wouldn't affect you personally thing

I get that. I think it's a very bad one personally and am pretty surprised the amount of support it has based off the arguments that were put forward against the 6.2 gates. There are still people asking for those gates to be removed today even. Gated content can't only be bad when it's detrimental to you is all I'm saying. It's pretty hypocritical to get upset when you don't have good options for gated content and say it's bad design but then support gating other content bc it wouldn't personally affect you.
    What if the folks criticizing the 6.2 gate were different from people suggesting 3*-4* gates for Book 2 Act 1? For example, I dislike the Act 6 gates altogether but am not asking for gates in Act 7 although I have all 3 and 4* champions available.

What you seem to be suggesting is that since some of the players here are now acting selfish, your selfish position on Act 6.2 gates was justified. Is that your point? If yes, I concede and let's move on. That's not the crux of the discontent here. There are more pressing issues some of which have been outlined above. Such as:

--Arenas getting stale

I'd personally rather see gates than the ultra specific nodes counters we needed in 6.3 and 6.4. I was in the severe minority of having that opinion about act 6 however.

All I'm saying is that you can't give kabam a hard time about high tier gates saying it's bad design and then praise lower tier gates and say they're amazing and fun. It's a mixed message. So I would just rather people keep the same message and stick with gates are bad as a whole so the developers look at different avenues to shake up content design instead of trying to figure out whether or not these specific gates are fun but these very slightly different gates are evil.

I'd honestly rather just see more node design that can both benefit and punish a player. Nodes like backblast and Icarus are two of my favorite nodes in the game. Played correctly or by using the right champions on them they can be massive bonuses for you but if you make a mistake or bring the wrong champion against them, you get wrecked.
    If having gates means not having ultra specific nodes, than I am okay with it, it’s a line of thought I never considered before.
    There were definitely nodes in 6.2 that required specific counters but I don't feel there were anywhere close to as many as there were in 6.3 and 6.4. I obviously don't know for sure but it just seemed to me that when there was such a back lash against the gates in 6.2 they had to think of another way to force roster growth before finishing content. So instead of actual gates it looks like they started making more nodes that required much more specific counters to actually counter the node or the standard ghost/quake options of ignoring the nodes all together and just playing around them. That combined with the massively increased attack values between 6.2 and 6.3 just wasn't fun for me at all personally while I actually enjoyed a decent amount of 6.2. Now 6.2.5 and the 6.2.6 champion went a bit too far IMO, I actually enjoyed most of 6.2.1-6.2.4. 6.2.2 and 6.2.3 in particular were a lot of fun for me
    Honestly, I spent so much time in 6.2.5 compared to the rest of 6.2 that I don’t remember the rest of it lol. 6.2.5 was a horrible piece of content. What I do remember about the rest of the chapter was that more or less any decent champ could deal with the nodes. Lifecycle, Backblast, Icarus, and Destructive Feedback are nodes that any champ can handle but there are champs that can handle them easier. Like Captain Sparkles and Ghost make Icarus a joke, but any champ can do it. That’s what I actually enjoyed about 6.2. Now Do Not Go Gentle is another node that anyone can do but certain champs can do better, it’s just that Do Not Go Gentle is a really poor and annoying node to begin with and they also noded the hell out of every single fight in 6.2.5.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Lovek said:

We need aq and aw 30mins timers permanently. For finish it faster and have more quieting in real life

Disagree.

What I have seen happen in many alliances is people getting all worked up and pushing others to login more frequently to get AQ and AW done earlier, which will disrupt real life more.

1 hour timers are fine given the length of AQ, as long as everyone is responsible and do their part. One login every 4-5 hours for 5 mins is not much to ask for.
    It's a long debate. You say that alliances push to finish. But it also helps if someone has an emergency and can't get on.
    If alliances as a whole agree to finish, it helps to free champs for content. As I also said on another thread, it even help solo players run Map 2/3.
    I don't mind if they increase the energy cap as well. That will improve AQ too.
    But logging in once every 5 hours doesn't work for every lane in AQ. Some are linked multiple times. So unless your ally member gets on at the same time as you, logging in once every 5 hours won't work.
    Alternatively, we can add in the help function so we can request for help for AQ energy once a day similar to quest energy and Arena energy, except, you know, properly adjusted
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

Charnutz said:

--Arenas getting stale

Honestly, I spent so much time in 6.2.5 compared to the rest of 6.2 that I don’t remember the rest of it lol. 6.2.5 was a horrible piece of content. What I do remember about the rest of the chapter was that more or less any decent champ could deal with the nodes. Lifecycle, Backblast, Icarus, and Destructive Feedback are nodes that any champ can handle but there are champs that can handle them easier. Like Captain Sparkles and Ghost make Icarus a joke, but any champ can do it. That’s what I actually enjoyed about 6.2. Now Do Not Go Gentle is another node that anyone can do but certain champs can do better, it’s just that Do Not Go Gentle is a really poor and annoying node to begin with and they also noded the hell out of every single fight in 6.2.5.
    Yep, I'd much rather play the first 4 quests of 6.2 than just about anything in 6.3 or 6.4. I still go back and mess around with champs on icarus and backblast. Can't say there's much in 6.3 or 6.4 I enjoy replaying besides the GM fight
  • RDQMRDQM Posts: 19
    IMO these suggestions will only be addressed if Kabam no longer earns millions and that would be impossible. Unless the company forgets about greed for a minute and realize that they also have an obligation to the players who propelled this game to the top.
    In the last quarter of 2019 MCOC revenue made up 17% of Netmarble’s total revenue; MFF only 4%. Now if just for hypothetical purposes we say that MFF makes 1m USD, do the math guys. SDS is fast becoming a close second. Just my opinion guys, maybe that might rattle Kabam and finally do some changes. Why? The most popular content creator who started this buzz also does content for that game, right?

And for this message not to be deleted, one crazy suggestion for the game. I think all the relevant changes that the majority of the players want have already been poster. Hehe
    How about a new crystal, shards of which can be obtained in arena, aq, aw, monthly events just like the 5 star or 6 star crystals but the champions in the pool for that crystal is a champion that will not be on any arena. The crystal pool could contain 2 to 6 star variant of the champion but with equal percentage to obtain any variant. Saying that there are 3 options on how it can be done - new skin of existing characters but same move set like magneto, cyclops (ex ff/ white costume of the fantastic four); second new skin with new move set ; and third and near impossible to do, new characters that Kabam dont see makinig it in the arenas. So as not to be too demanding start with 3 or 4 characters and maybe add 1 quarterly. Just thought it can add motivation to do other in game content.

I just realized MFF has more characters than MCOC and earns not even a third of what MCOC is earning. That’s how great this game is. Sadly the devs have forgotten about the players.

😎
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Shrinidhi said:

How about progression based shard value of nexus crystals.

For those who have completed Act 4 (conqueror)
    4k shards for a 4* nexus
    30k for 5* nexus, this is to let them know that expanding roster of 5* is more important at this point.
    30k for 6*, in case of gifting event rng.

For those who have explored Act 4 (could add a new title)
    3k shards for a 4* nexus
    25k for 5* nexus
    30k for 6* nexus

For those who are uncollected
    2k for 4* nexus
    20k for 5* nexus
    25k for 6* nexus

For those who are cavalier
    2k for 4* nexus
    15k for 5* nexus
    20k for 6* nexus

For those who have explored Act6
    2k for 4* nexus
    10k for 5* nexus
    15k for 6* nexus

The above is just my opinion, no need to argue over it. It is of no use as my opinion would not change.
    Thanks for taking time to read through it, sorry if you felt like it was a waste of time.

Peace out
    Darkrider05

Why somebody who completed act 4 needs 5 and 6 stars? Where is the logic and common sense? Why the rewards are decreasing based on progression? 🤣
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Lovek said:

Disagree.

It's a long debate. You say that alliances push to finish. But it also helps if someone has an emergency and can't get on.
    If alliances as a whole agree to finish, it helps to free champs for content. As I also said on another thread, it even help solo players run Map 2/3.
    I don't mind if they increase the energy cap as well. That will improve AQ too.
    But logging in once every 5 hours doesn't work for every lane in AQ. Some are linked multiple times. So unless your ally member gets on at the same time as you, logging in once every 5 hours won't work.
    Alternatively, we can add in the help function so we can request for help for AQ energy once a day similar to quest energy and Arena energy, except, you know, properly adjusted
    Nooooo! The whole help system sucks and needs to go away lol. Don't add more. Just make the refresh shorter and 30 minute timers
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    AlexBossu said:

Why somebody who completed act 4 needs 5 and 6 stars? Where is the logic and common sense? Why the rewards are decreasing based on progression? 🤣

I am not saying they are the rewards I'm saying the cost of nexus crystal based on progression, do you understand english??
    Shrinidhi said:

AlexBossu said:

I am not saying they are the rewards I'm saying the cost of nexus crystal based on progression, do you understand english??
    Amigo, somebody who just explored act 4 shouldnt even have access to 6*. Forget about charity, work for them.
  • MrPerfect666MrPerfect666 Posts: 12
    When it comes to RNG, I think that after 100% exploring content such as AOL, Act 6 or Act 7, the player should be able to choose ANY champion as a prize.

Not from the pool of 3 champions in the Nexus crystal, but from the pool of ALL champions in the game.

Yes, I know, it would be a huge change, but this is exactly what the game needs.

Nexus crystals are definitely overrated and will not solve problems in the game, too many players have not received anything good from them.

Being able to choose any champion would be a great motivation to play.

Waiting months or years for your favorite champion is in my opinion one of the most frustrating aspects of this game. Just like exploring a large content and not receiving any valuable rewards. It's just incredibly stupid and demotivating.

The player should also be able to choose T5CC and AG after exploring AOL, Act 6 or Act 7.
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    AlexBossu said:

Amigo, somebody who just explored act 4 shouldnt even have access to 6*. Forget about charity, work for them.

I don't think you were around during the last year gifting event or maybe you don't know about the fact that many 1 or 2 week old accounts were able to get 5* and 6* shards of GGC to form a 5* or 6* crystal. They literally had a 5* or 6* before they even went through Act 2.
    Peace out
    Darkrider05
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

When it comes to RNG, I think that after 100% exploring content such as AOL, Act 6 or Act 7, the player should be able to choose ANY champion as a prize.

Not from the pool of 3 champions in the Nexus crystal, but from the pool of ALL champions in the game.

Yes, I know, it would be a huge change, but this is exactly what the game needs.

Nexus crystals are definitely overrated and will not solve problems in the game, too many players have not received anything good from them.

Being able to choose any champion would be a great motivation to play.

Waiting months or years for your favorite champion is in my opinion one of the most frustrating aspects of this game. Just like exploring a large content and not receiving any valuable rewards. It's just incredibly stupid and demotivating.

The player should also be able to choose T5CC and AG after exploring AOL, Act 6 or Act 7.

Where the fun at to choose any champions I’m wil get bored of that faster then the rng because I’m hunt champions if I’m just culd chose anyone it wil just get to esay. Kabam just need to don’t make soo much need nich counter for all of it it okay for a few but when it 80 procent of the game it just to much
  • Hlpr35Hlpr35 Posts: 119

We would like to keep this thread open, however-- we will close it if this derailing and rude behavior keeps up. Please remember to always stay on topic and to RESPECT one another. If you cannot keep this up there will be action taken upon forum accounts and this thread will suffer further due to it.

Main reason of why this thread take so many comments, unfortunately kabam refusing all the feedbacks for years even most reasonable and wanted ny most ones, so please this time not just read, do what needs to be done, this is a good game and we love playing and kabam gaining good money but you must do some changes
  • JABBA_2JABBA_2 Posts: 99
    I'm a mid level player, 3.5k prestige with a coupla 5*'s. I've just finished act 4 and, to be honest, it was a great time. There were occasional frustration moments but generally it was fun. But I think a lot of mid-game players like me are nervous to step into act 5 just because it's the moment when your facing opponents with attack pools triple that of people on your team throughout the quests. And although I could probably take on the first quest or two, I just don't want to get sucked into the whirlpool of hoarding, hoarding and hoarding that is Act 6.

So while Act 5 isn't so bad I think Kabam need to make Act 6 less forbidding.
    Shrinidhi said:

AlexBossu said:

I don't think you were around during the last year gifting event or maybe you don't know about the fact that many 1 or 2 week old accounts were able to get 5* and 6* shards of GGC to form a 5* or 6* crystal. They literally had a 5* or 6* before they even went through Act 2.
    Peace out
    Darkrider05
    I hope you realize that event was subject of another RNG issue. Go to casino if you find it fair.

xNig said:

Lovek said:

Disagree.

I agree with a lot of your posts but this one is personal lol. I have wanted 30 minute timers for years. The most fun AQs I've had have been with 30 minute timers. If played right 30 minute timers make AQ much more real life friendly and allow everyone to login less. When you do login you can do more fights in a row and log out again quickly. There is no need to push for a particular completion point on day 1. If someone is waiting for a node to come down it doesn't need to cause issues later on. If everyone is moving quickly you can clear the map day one if you want to, or you can run it as usual. 30 minute timers gives everyone far more flexibility to run AQ however they want. Situations where people create more stress when it should create less is just plain stupidity. I agree that it is fine with 1 hour timers. It works. It's just better and more fun with 30 minutes.
    Haha. That I agree. It’s just people’s innate need to want to get things done fast that will make 30mins timers more stressful for some alliances. A probable compromise would be 45 mins to ease the burden a little, but not too much.
    Hlpr35 said:

xNig said:

Lovek said:

Disagree.

You can keep waiting 1 hour with your alliance then even after time reduce
    Yeah we do that even with 30 min timers. We get done with map 6 around 9pm my time regardless of timers. Lol