**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    How about fixing something quick in the near term like wars. New season starts in another week and a bit.

You guys have proven that you can make small updates to that mode relatively easily. We had match making based on war rating for 1 war last season, why was this changed back to prestige? You made a tweak to flow but could make further small adjustments based on feedback you've gotten from the past 2 wars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Upsetting the War system isn't going to be a solution to the issues brought up here.
    That's another discussion so I'll move on. I think a more realistic approach is best. Of course we can still share concerns and ideas, and I get the frustration people are feeling, but they're doing their best to discuss what's been brought up. It's a long Thread, and there are many things brought up here. I'm not saying they're not all valid. I just know that logically not every issue can be resolved, and I don't want to see people get their expectations up waiting, and then feel disappointed when not everything is solved. That's not a judgment on their efforts. Just being rational. All I'm saying is wait and see what they come back with, and try to stay productive in the meantime.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

That's another discussion so I'll move on. I think a more realistic approach is best. Of course we can still share concerns and ideas, and I get the frustration people are feeling, but they're doing their best to discuss what's been brought up. It's a long Thread, and there are many things brought up here. I'm not saying they're not all valid. I just know that logically not every issue can be resolved, and I don't want to see people get their expectations up waiting, and then feel disappointed when not everything is solved. That's not a judgment on their efforts. Just being rational. All I'm saying is wait and see what they come back with, and try to stay productive in the meantime.

Agreed. We dont want a rushed out answer and solution. It will take awhile for stuff to come out people just need to be a little more patient.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    I completely understand that major changes to characters or game modes will take some time to implement, but I really would love to see some other changes in the meantime. The game seems to have hit a serious lull and I'd hate to see more people quit/step back due to burnout while they wait for changes that may be months away.

Smaller things like adding a 5* sig stone to each Cavalier daily objective or removing a few linked nodes in Map 6/7 would show you're listening to the community while you work on larger changes.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I do agree that it should take time to assess and determine path forward. There is a lot here.

I don’t agree that we shouldn’t be able to see some small changes in the near future.

Small QOL additions that in truth have seemed like no brainer at this point and have for a long time could be made quickly and like many content creators pointed out many of these types of things really don’t hurt anyone(AQ timers for instance).

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Send a survey out in emails covering the main points of concern in this thread if you really want to improve things.

People can reply honestly and without the distraction of the forum attention seekers and trolls.
    That's not the way to be heard. You're shooting yourself in the foot.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    ESF said:

Other ideas:

1. Realm of Legends Weekly: Every Sunday, a map exactly like OG Realm of Legends shows up. Same format: no nodes. Keep the health pools exactly the same as OG Realm of Legends. Just select 10 different characters from the character pool we already have. The kicker: You can only enter it with 2, 3 or 4-stars. Legends title available for fastest each week. You can enter once each day. Changes every Sunday.

2. Here Come the Bad Guys: Are you the most dangerous criminal in the Battlerealm? Prove it! You stole the crystal containing the Old-School Super-Adaptoid -- and now the Avengers are coming for YOU. You pick ONE, repeat ONE villain. You have to beat every single single Avengers-tagged character, ONE DIFFICULT NODE, Realm of Legends health pool, WITHOUT DYING. You can heal, but you cannot revive. If you die, you "go to the Raft." To escape, you have to beat an Uncollected-level Nick Fury and Quake. WITHOUT DYING. Otherwise, back to the Raft with you, criminal! Then you gotta get right back out there and beat all the Avengers...without dying. Final Boss: the Sentinel of Liberty, OG Captain America, with two nodes. Get away clean? Your reward is a 5-star Super-Adaptoid character! First person to do it? A 6-star Super-Adaptoid, awakened!

First one is cool.

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I do not know if this has been suggested as a possible addition to the game but

How about Rift Battles, they would be daily and you get to choose the reward out of 7 randomly selected rewards out of the following:
    Crystals, Gems, Gold , ISO-8, Catalysts, Incursion Shards and Signature Stones
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Maybe we should start a thread similar to the Character Wishlist for events/quest/battle/additional ideas. That way we can keep this thread for General Game Feedback only. What do you guys think?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Maybe we should start a thread similar to the Character Wishlist for events/quest/battle/additional ideas. That way we can keep this thread for General Game Feedback only. What do you guys think?

That'd be better for keeping this thread neater, but the mods might merge it anyways. They merged a separate thread about six stars into this one
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Some of the suggestions from @ESF are brilliant.

I'd lean away from anything that looks like giving ftp loads of "stuff" though. Kabam have got themselves into this pickle by having to cater content to a number of blubbery whales that they can milk for all their worth. They have had to ramp up the difficulty and content so much, that even those Titans may be becoming unwilling to spend..

And if some of those blubbery whales, as the original video indicated, are lessening their spend (are they??) then kabam needs content that will get others willing to part with cash and keeps the whales entertained and spending as well.

So while your ideas definitely tick the fun box, they'd need to tick the "people/whales will spend on this" box as well. Will they do that?
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    It probably would be a good idea to separate this feedback thread into 2:
    1) Things that need to be "fixed" in the game as it currently is and suggestions for how to do that
    2) New game ideas (like ESF's ideas above)

I sincerely hope ppl from Kabam are checking this frequently and keeping a log of the feedback ideas. Otherwise it'll be a real chore to read through everything and much more likely that stuff will just get missed/glossed over.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Hey all, just made a new concepts thread! Post your ideas there! 😁
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★

Upsetting the War system isn't going to be a solution to the issues brought up here.

Any link to reading what are being proposed to combat tanking?
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    I get what Seatin’ is saying and it gets to the point of either you are grinding or whaling out money for more units in the arenas, for revives and health potions. The newer champs, are becoming more and more difficult for players with the basic older champs to contend with in uncollected mode and higher story mode Act 5 and up. I know myself,I get upset pulling a dub 5* and 6* champ but when duped the bonus shards come in handy. I am still working on Act 5 to 100% it and based on these comments that I am reading, I do not look forward to Act6 and Act 7. I consider myself an average player. These story mode Act 5 and up, even in uncollected EQ mode nodes begin to require specific champs to defeat mini-boss or find yourself spending revives, units and some cases whaling money to complete it. Newer champs as mini-boss, that can literally one shot you, with the player having full health without even putting a bent in the mini-boss‘’s health. The features of mostly newer champs going unstoppable,unblockable,indestructible,power flood and auto-block takes a toll even average players,that got to figure out their mechanics, on their own.
    edited May 2020

Any link to reading what are being proposed to combat tanking?
    That's being dealt with now. Unfortunately, people don't like the regulated Matches. They want to overpower people on the board. More broken isn't a solution to halfway there. The next logical step to even Matches would be Rewards which also increase based on Prestige. However, that would also have to tie the Points an Alliance is capable of earning into Prestige as well because at the end of the day, Season Rewards are like a month-long Arena. You Rank what you put up, and that doesn't always coincide with the size or Rating of the Ally.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Hlpr35 said:

tafre said:

Kabam, any announcement about all of this?

Not yet, and as we mentioned before, there probably won't be for a while. There's a lot of feedback here, and we need time to absorb it and address it.

I will remind everybody once again to refrain from arguing in this thread, and the forums in general.
    Thanks for the update but I am pretty sure that people would like to know what you mean by "a while". I am guessing that people are expecting something by Friday at the latest. I was personally waiting to hear from you guys by Wednesday. We hope and also expect something soon in case you are not aware.
    Maybe, but it might be longer. I am not going to rush a solution just to do it quickly because there are a lot of points here that are important to our players. Making changes to a timeline isn't quick or easy, and we've already taken a big step by taking a step back to look at Book 2 Act 1 Chapter 1 again.
    Let's say crawling, there is major problems in game some of them need take a look alright but some of them obvious, if you don't do it and do it now you'll lost
    A lot of people are saying the problems are obvious, but even if the only thing you see is this thread, it is obvious there's no general consensus on what the specific priorities forward are or what the best thing to do is. In fact, many "obvious" suggestions are contradictory, and whatever the devs do, they will have to decide which ones to accept and which ones to ignore or even actively make worse.

Something that I think was completely lost in the Book 2 beta was the fact that so many players were quick to jump on Kabam and claim they "didn't learn anything" - I saw more than one Youtuber use those exact words. Except if you were in the beta and actually read the dev posts on Book 2 you'd see they did actually state that one of their priorities was trying to iterate Story Arc content quicker, which meant simplifying and streamlining it. Now granted there were a lot of specific issues that had nothing directly to do with that, and some general overarching ones that were separate from that as well, but Kabam was in fact listening to players who were saying that this content was being released way too slow, allowing players to burn through it too quickly before the next chapter arrived and leaving them idle. I'm pretty sure in simplifying the design process devs were encouraged to use crude methods for increasing difficulty - along with not even considering carefully if difficulty *should* be cranked up. Because isn't it obvious that it should be?

So its easy now to say they picked the wrong lesson to learn, but that's only because it is easy to kick the developer. If we had this debate *before* Book 2 arrived in beta, and we asked the players which players should be listened to and which ones should be ignored, I'll bet there wouldn't be consensus that the players who wanted more content quicker were obviously the players we should all ignore. Anyone who thinks this is easy should go through the thread and list all the player suggestions we should actively ignore now, *before* Kabam responds. So they can see how easy that actually is.

Whatever you think is obvious, I'm pretty sure there has already been several players advocating for the exact opposite thing. Anyone who reads this thread and sees massive consensus on what should be done next has frankly not been paying careful attention.