**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is mesmerize node a joke or what

B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
So the node says 7% chance to evade. I just ran in to thing on map 7 section 2 and he evaded on each of my combos. 2 times in 6 hits. How is that even possible. Seems like kabam math is more like 7% chance not to evade. I feel like anytime there is a % to proc in our favor the ability is super low. But the defender is always much higher. Can this be explained. Same thing happened last week so it’s not a fluke.

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Rogue is really good vs mesmerize. Mordo, Emma in diamond form, Iceman with ice armor. CWBP, LoL. Heroes who shrug off debuffs.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Iceman is probably one of the top counters. As long as they have a coldsnap on them they cannot evade at all.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    The chance is 7%, just sometimes they evade often and sometimes almost not at all.

My best counter is Rogue, with her I could ignore the node completely
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 275 ★★
    why don't you parry + 3-combo
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Evade fail champions? It’s not niche there are tons, NF, Ghost, AA (with dupe), Emma frost, stealth spidey, Corvus with proxima and even if your luck is TERRIBLE, Karnak
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

Evade fail champions? It’s not niche there are tons, NF, Ghost, AA (with dupe), Emma frost, stealth spidey, Corvus with proxima and even if your luck is TERRIBLE, Karnak

Agreed- it’s quite easy to counter. Just when you have a single mess up, it’s all over.
    The lanes in act 6 with spry, mesmerize, and enhanced abilities are instant death if you get evaded.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Emma Frost beats it easily. 3 heavies then keep basic attack until you can finish it with a sp3.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Karnak plus limber equals to mesmerize counter
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

So the node says 7% chance to evade. I just ran in to thing on map 7 section 2 and he evaded on each of my combos. 2 times in 6 hits. How is that even possible. Seems like kabam math is more like 7% chance not to evade. I feel like anytime there is a % to proc in our favor the ability is super low. But the defender is always much higher. Can this be explained. Same thing happened last week so it’s not a fluke.

I think this will be an interesting read.
    Mods reply included.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/92312/black-widow-3-evade-cool-story-bro/p1
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Mesmerize has been a discussion point before. If you attempt to complete a 5 hit combo against the node, there is roughly a 30.5% chance that the enemy will evade 1 of the attacks.

Change you mindset so that you read the node as follows .

The enemy has a 30.5% of evading before completion of a combo.

TL;DR: You need to bring a counter in some way as it's incredibly unlikely you can just play around it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    K00shMaan said:

Mesmerize has been a discussion point before. If you attempt to complete a 5 hit combo against the node, there is roughly a 30.5% chance that the enemy will evade 1 of the attacks.

TL;DR: You need to bring a counter in some way as it's incredibly unlikely you can just play around it.

Or you can avoid using combo-ending attacks and practice reacting to evades. Combo ending attacks are the second medium or the fourth light attack; they are called combo-ending because you can't extend a continuous combo past that point. That's why the standard combo is five hits: MLLLL or MLLLM. Those are the longest combos you can do before reaching a combo-ending attack. The thing about combo-ending attacks is the way they work makes you momentarily vulnerable to counterattack, because there's a pause at the end where you can't do anything (that's how they prevent you from extending your combos). If you cut your combos short, you're always able to react to an evade and not just get hit by the counterattack after evade.

This takes practice, and patience.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    funny, i was fighting BW in incursions and kept trying to get a corvus charge with blocked hits, but i couldn't get her to evade to save my life lol
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    DNA3000 said:

K00shMaan said:

Or you can avoid using combo-ending attacks and practice reacting to evades. Combo ending attacks are the second medium or the fourth light attack; they are called combo-ending because you can't extend a continuous combo past that point. That's why the standard combo is five hits: MLLLL or MLLLM. Those are the longest combos you can do before reaching a combo-ending attack. The thing about combo-ending attacks is the way they work makes you momentarily vulnerable to counterattack, because there's a pause at the end where you can't do anything (that's how they prevent you from extending your combos). If you cut your combos short, you're always able to react to an evade and not just get hit by the counterattack after evade.

This takes practice, and patience.
    I started writing about combo ending but I stopped because mesmerize stuns you so you can't take advantage of being quicker to dash back like you can with a regular evade. 4 hit combos are great for dealing with normal evades but not with mesmerize. That's why people say rogue with limber is great for mesmerize but generally don't mention her as a great evade counter.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★

funny, i was fighting BW in incursions and kept trying to get a corvus charge with blocked hits, but i couldn't get her to evade to save my life lol

From my experience the defender wil evade 50-75% of the time unless you are using Corvus, at which point they will only evade when they are at 5-10% health and you can't get the charge (this plays out 8 out of 10 encounters). Quite consistent situation in AW on lane 3 in tier 5-7 where there are 3 evade nodes. :|
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I think this will be an interesting read.
    Mods reply included.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/92312/black-widow-3-evade-cool-story-bro/p1
    Mike is right that is how probability works 4 people just got salty about it I guess I expect them to spam disagree with my post too but it doesn't change how probability works.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Bugmat78 said:

From my experience the defender wil evade 50-75% of the time unless you are using Corvus, at which point they will only evade when they are at 5-10% health and you can't get the charge (this plays out 8 out of 10 encounters). Quite consistent situation in AW on lane 3 in tier 5-7 where there are 3 evade nodes. :|
    Totally agree. I've waited to test it multiple times (way over 10 times) to comment, but it's absolutely true. Corvus is 100% the best counter to evade champs. And I don't mean the Proxima synergy:) All you have to do is go into a fight with an evade champ (without an evade charge) and fight normal. And they won't evade:) Most recent test I did was against an Ultron..who almost *always* evades after 7 seconds has passed. Usually after you bait his sp1. I was just throwing out full MLLLM combos daring him to evade and nothing:) Same with Spidey, NC, whatever.. just slamming them with full 5 hit combos and nothing:)
    Sorry guys, call me a conspiracy theorist, but there's something up there.

Oh, and most of the time they were not parry stunned for the first 3 hits either. I did as many of the combos while they were not stunned as possible. Bait heavy, intercept, punish special, etc.
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    Ik it seems crazy to me sometimes too. There was this one elektra in act 5 with mesmerize and the first time I faced her she evaded like crazy. But then I faced her again a few days later and I got up to a 50 combo without her evading once. Its just RNG, which has really weird patterns.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★

Hey alpha from MTT.... cmon what do you expect honestly ? It’s zero honesty and complete shadiness, first they won’t admit , even if they did , it’s never getting fixed as long as it **** the players over

I have not seen a more player hostile company !!

Just have fun while you can