**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I haven’t seen Black Widow’s movie but... Should she really have the #Avenger tag?

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
I dunno. Just seems odd to make her an avenger if the Avengers aren’t a thing in her movie. Like the thing about Blade was they made sure Sabretooth, Corvus, and Ebony Maw, weren't #villains all so Blade could suck lemons but then you got Corvus trouncing all the avengers with a Crit Damage buff and... Seems like you might want to stop throwing around #avenger tags all willy nilly if you don't have to. I dunno what do you think?

I haven’t seen Black Widow’s movie but... Should she really have the #Avenger tag? 74 votes

Yes, once an avenger always an avenger.
75%
CoatHang3rBigPoppaCBONEErza_ScarletNanoDroidTthunder2058MagrailothosLvernon15_ASDF_ColinJensen21ReferenceBattle_GreninjaMitriaxTorah13Colonaut123OpandemonioKDSuperFlash10BowTieJohnheartbreakid_22Denzel116Remeli 56 votes
No, dah heck you think defunct means? It means not active ie not an avenger.
13%
KDoggg2017CassyPImpDaddyStevieManWonderGnotnusGraewoodCtfz35CaptainPollCaino1023Pinkysegun 10 votes
Maybe so? I dunno.
10%
My_SuperiorcookiedealerspaceoctopusAleorHera1d_of_Ga1actusArandombirdhawk34Mathgeek 8 votes

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I’ve heard iron man is supposed to be in that movie as a cameo or something, so something might happen in that movie.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Movies aside, if she is an avenger in the game then she will have an avenger tag
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    If she’s not an avenger in the movie then she shouldn’t be in game.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★

If she’s not an avenger in the movie then she shouldn’t be in game.

That's not how it works. They both are two different things.
    The game follows it's own story, and if she is considered an avenger in that story then she will have the tag as well.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    She’s dead in the end game movie so she shouldn’t be in the game? you can’t change each character off each movie or tv series that comes out about them
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    The game and movies are only loosely connected. They've stated several times that what happens in movies doesnt necessarily effect the game as it has it's own timeline and universe separate from the MCU.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Google says it's set between Avengers and Avengers AoU, so presumably she is an Avenger during the film but not doing Avenger stuff.
  • UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    Bruh no one has seen the movie yet
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Maybe so? I dunno.
    Idk about new bw, but cap ww2 doesn't have avenger tag, so if the movie takes place before avengers were formed in mcu, she definitely should not
  • LDyoutube8440LDyoutube8440 Posts: 33
    Guys, the black widow movie takes place in between captain america civil war and avengers Infinity war. She is an avenger in that time
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★

I dunno. Just seems odd to make her an avenger if the Avengers aren’t a thing in her movie. Like the thing about Blade was they made sure Sabretooth, Corvus, and Ebony Maw, weren't #villains all so Blade could suck lemons but then you got Corvus trouncing all the avengers with a Crit Damage buff and... Seems like you might want to stop throwing around #avenger tags all willy nilly if you don't have to. I dunno what do you think?

Captain America WWII doesn't have an Avenger tag, so you may be on to something...
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 726 ★★★★
    Caino1023 said:

Captain America WWII doesn't have an Avenger tag, so you may be on to something...
    Cap ww2 version isn't an avenger because Avengers weren't a thing in 1945. Thats where that version is from. The "world war 2" is in the name.
    Once a character becomes an Avenger, they're always one. Even when they're doing solo stuff. Even when going to the bathroom. Once an Avenger always an Avenger.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    From MCU perspective, the Black Widow story timeline is between Civil War and Infinity War, thus she is Avenger
    From MCOC perspective, it is up to Kabam's decision, she can be x-men, inhuman or nova subject to the game company's decision.
    Whilst I prefer there is some linkages between two, they are two separate companies and thus it is subject to Kabam's decision.
  • mani274mani274 Posts: 93
    Similarly this Stark Spiderman should also be an Avenger in that case : https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126504/stark-spiderman-not-an-avenger-yet#latest
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Something else to consider stems from this month's EQ. Based on some dialogue early in the EQ, BWDO is the exact same BW as the current BW in the game...she just changed her outfit. Thus, BWDO wasn't plucked from the "MCU reality" even though she has a strong resemblance to the MCU version of the Black Widow solo movie. She's the same being that has been trapped in the battlerealm for years, only she's wearing a new outfit. If the classic BW who has been in the game for years is an Avenger, then BWDO is also an Avenger irrespective of her status in the MCU.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Same person, new outfit.
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Iftrying to decide between movies and game like Captain America WW2 his movie was Captain America:The First Avenger not Iron Man:The First Avenger even The Avenger Initiative started with his movie but it also depends on a timeline when they first found Cap even they said in a cut scene from The Incredible Hulk film he loosen the snow pack where Cap was frozen plus Tony did a cameo in that movie.Kabam has their own views on who is and isn't a villain Cyclops red could be a villain because of his changed ideas in the comics.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

And let’s not forget, Black Widow beat Gorgeous Gabe in Infinity War so there’s another reason he shouldn’t get a bonus from Thanos.

Gorgeous Gabe? Someone has a crush
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Did you mean Corvus glaive ?

Did you mean Corvus glaive ?

He did, yeah.
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 495 ★★
    Since Daredevil got canceled on Netflix...could he be canceled off my squad I’ll happily reroll a 5* crystal.

Since Daredevil got canceled on Netflix...could he be canceled off my squad I’ll happily reroll a 5* crystal.

what does that have to do with this thread?
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    For the moment, it seems like BW is operating outside of the Avengers for this movie, as we really don't see any of them. Might be why she is not tagged for it.

Just gonna have to wait for the movie.