**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Concepts/Content Megathread

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited May 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
While the General game feedback is a great discussion point, I wanted to make a separate discussion for new content ideas, such as those @ESF proposed, and any others that add a generally large change to content.

Before posting, check out what belongs here and what belongs in the general game feedback thread:

Your post belongs here if:
1. It proposes a new game mode
2. It proposes a new node
3. It proposes a twist or major change on a current mode

Your post DOES NOT belong here if:
1. You give a problem with no solution
2. Your solution or change is minimal, such as increasing rewards or toning down attack rating
3. It is a complaint in general
4. You propose a new champion, unless said champion is directly tied to the new concept you propose

For replying to a concept

Because concept posts can be very long, quoting them clogs up the discussion and overshadows any smaller concepts. If you wish to reply to a concept, simply tag the creator of the concept OR put the quote in a spoiler bracket so it doesn’t clog up the discussion. If you don’t know how to do a spoiler, tap the paragraph drop down next to Bold and italics, and select spoiler. Or type the following out

div class="Spoiler">Your message here </div

But add starting and closing greater than/ less than signs to the two lines

Let’s follow the aforementioned rules to keep this post organized, so Kabam can hear us clearly and won’t have to sift through massive amounts of comments to find good bits. Excited to hear what we can come up with!

Comments

• LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    This is a good idea, but I'm feeling Kabam is gonna close it in 3...2...1...
    "Pleaae post all suggestions on our suggestions and requests page" lol
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    @Hammerbro_64 I really like the way you’ve laid out this thread - sincerely hope it doesn’t get clogged up and actually gets put to good use! Bookmarking so I can read through some ideas on a slow work day :)
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

So I’ve been thinking about this for a while, figured I’d share it here:

Each month, there is a quest. It’s zero energy, and it’s like the Golden Circle except you start one tile away from the boss. It’s only available to those Level 45 or above, kinda like the Boss Rush.

The boss can be whoever Kabam chooses, like Maestro and Collector, or someone like OG Iron Man. The boss resets every month, and each has a node or two that suits them. The boss has a massive amount of Health. We’re talking like bigger-than-Abyss health pool.

Once a week, you get too bring in one champ to this quest. Your objective is to literally do as much damage as possible, by any means possible. You have no revives or items, just your skill and your champion of choice. You get points based on how much damage you do, one point being equal to 1 hp of damage.

At the end of the month, your highest score is put into the leaderboard along with everyone else. You get rewards based on your placement in the leaderboard.

Don’t know what good rewards could be, but I’d say top 10 get a Five star Nexus, top 3 get two, and the best one gets three and maybe 30,000 six star shards.

Feel free to let me know what you think!

This is a great idea, like just purely based on skill and how well you know the champion you're using. You could also even out the playing field by just having a selection of 6* R2 champs that are available to everyone in the quest. Like that Thanos fight at Comic-con where there was only a selection of R4 5*s.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I love this! I have more ideas -- yes, I understand probably none will see the light of day, but if even one did, they would be FUN, ACCESSIBLE, and PROFITABLE TO THE DEVELOPER. I want Kabam to make money so we can keep the game going!

@Moosetiptronic , hello! I totally appreciate your kind words, and trust me, i always think about how Kabam could profit because you are correct: That has to happen.

I also try to use existing structures...as i said before, they have already built this platform. I think they should let it work for them more, work less hard but make it more fun.

So, with that, here is an idea that people should read to the end, because it addresses basically everything.

Idea: The Squadron Supreme Project

Basic Implementation: Each month on the first of the month, the Sigil subscription resets. All sigil holders who have the Sigil subscription for the entire month get one 5-star member of the Squadron Supreme -- hang on, F2P players! Don't lose your minds yet. Just let me finish.

These characters would NOT be exceptional characters -- actually, the whole point is for Kabam to make them perfectly average in the game. Attack rating, block proficiency, crit rate, crit damage...all perfectly average. Only one offensive effect AND one defensive effect, each. So for instance, Nighthawk might have Bleed and a Passive Evade. Amphibian might have Fury and Bleed Immunity. Power Princess might have Cruelty and Armor Up.

Again: The whole point is that they are SIMPLE. For them to be in the Sigil subscription, they are not going to be earth-shattering...alone.

But each character has the Squadron Supreme Synergy Package that ONLY works with other members of the Squadron Supreme.

Each synergy package is EXACTLY THE SAME.

It is:

+4 percent Attack
    +3 percent Perfect Block
    +3 percent Crit Rate
    +2 percent Crit Damage
    +2 percent Special Attack Damage

Therefore, if you collect any five members of the Squadron Supreme and run them as a team, you are getting...
    +20 percent Attack
    +15 percent Perfect Block
    +15 percent Crit Rate
    +10 percent Crit Damage
    +10 percent Special Attack Damage

Again: Those synergies only work for the Squadron Supreme. Period. They cannot get any Synergy help from anyone else. Just them.

Why? That increases their value as a Sigil subscription.

Since the characters were all perfectly average, running them as a team and activating the Synergy Package takes them up maybe a level to solidly above average, making them viable in Uncollected level content. Not Endgame content -- we want the characters to be useful and fun, not gamebreaking.

OK, F2P players. Here is where you come in.

Two months after the release of the Squadron Supreme character in that month's Sigil subscription, you or anyone else can purchase this same 5-star character for 1,250 units.

So if a Sigil subscriber bought it, they get the awakened power. F2P get the base character and could either use it unawakened or use an AG on it.

You can purchase the character for units for two weeks...and then it's gone forever. No reruns, no Arenas, nothing. Get it then, or not at all.

So by doing this, Kabam increases the value of the Sigil and likely gets more subscribers. The subscribers get the characters first. F2P still gets the chance to get the characters by doing nothing more than grinding units.

Everyone wins

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

I love this! I have more ideas -- yes, I understand probably none will see the light of day, but if even one did, they would be FUN, ACCESSIBLE, and PROFITABLE TO THE DEVELOPER. I want Kabam to make money so we can keep the game going!

@Moosetiptronic , hello! I totally appreciate your kind words, and trust me, i always think about how Kabam could profit because you are correct: That has to happen.

I also try to use existing structures...as i said before, they have already built this platform. I think they should let it work for them more, work less hard but make it more fun.

So, with that, here is an idea that people should read to the end, because it addresses basically everything.

Basic Implementation: Each month on the first of the month, the Sigil subscription resets. All sigil holders who have the Sigil subscription for the entire month get one 5-star member of the Squadron Supreme -- hang on, F2P players! Don't lose your minds yet. Just let me finish.

These characters would NOT be exceptional characters -- actually, the whole point is for Kabam to make them perfectly average in the game. Attack rating, block proficiency, crit rate, crit damage...all perfectly average. Only one offensive effect AND one defensive effect, each. So for instance, Nighthawk might have Bleed and a Passive Evade. Amphibian might have Fury and Bleed Immunity. Power Princess might have Cruelty and Armor Up.

Again: The whole point is that they are SIMPLE. For them to be in the Sigil subscription, they are not going to be earth-shattering...alone.

But each character has the Squadron Supreme Synergy Package that ONLY works with other members of the Squadron Supreme.

It is:

+4 percent Attack
    +3 percent Perfect Block
    +3 percent Crit Rate
    +2 percent Crit Damage

Therefore, if you collect any five members of the Squadron Supreme and run them as a team, you are getting...
    +20 percent Attack
    +15 percent Crit Rate
    +10 percent Crit Damage

Again: Those synergies only work for the Squadron Supreme. Period. They cannot get any Synergy help from anyone else. Just them.

Since the characters were all perfectly average, running them as a team and activating the Synergy Package takes them up maybe a level to solidly above average, making them viable in Uncollected level content. Not Endgame content -- we want the characters to be useful and fun, not gamebreaking.

Two months after the release of the Squadron Supreme character in that month's Sigil subscription, you or anyone else can purchase this same 5-star character for 1,250 units.

So if a Sigil subscriber bought it, they get the awakened power. F2P get the base character and could either use it unawakened or use an AG on it.

You can purchase the character for units for two weeks...and then it's gone forever. No reruns, no Arenas, nothing. Get it then, or not at all.

So by doing this, Kabam increases the value of the Sigil and likely gets more subscribers. The subscribers get the characters first. F2P still gets the chance to get the characters by doing nothing more than grinding units.

Everyone wins

But Hyperion is in the Squadron Supreme...
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

ESF said:

It is:

+4 percent Attack
    +3 percent Perfect Block
    +3 percent Crit Rate
    +2 percent Crit Damage

+20 percent Attack
    +15 percent Crit Rate
    +10 percent Crit Damage

Everyone wins

He is, but we would use an OG Red Costume Hyperion, Sigil version. Offensive power would be Fury, Defensive power would be Poison Immunity. Keeping it simple.
    ESF said:

ESF said:

It is:

+4 percent Attack
    +3 percent Perfect Block
    +3 percent Crit Rate
    +2 percent Crit Damage

+20 percent Attack
    +15 percent Crit Rate
    +10 percent Crit Damage

Everyone wins

He is, but we would use an OG Red Costume Hyperion, Sigil version. Offensive power would be Fury, Defensive power would be Poison Immunity. Keeping it simple.
    ah. Makes sense.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    I'm really interested in getting more value to the lower end spenders and incentivising that aspect.

I posted on this a few months ago and it was taken down, so I'll try again....

The gifting event was eye opening as was @Seatin 's summary of his spend on this game. Now to think in the gifting event something in the region of 1,000 players spent maybe as much as 10m, possibly more. Q4 2019 revenue from mcoc was around 80m, annual around 317m.

That's the kind of revenue mcoc needs to generate from the players. If there are 4m players, that's $79 each. If there are only 1.5m players (think that may be right), that's $200 a head per annum.

What content can kabam introduce that is fun enough for people to pay to play, or gives such an advantage to higher than average spend, that higher spend is encouraged and that those spending over $200, say $1000 upwards, believe they are getting enough advantage?

That's what will keep the game running and in good health.

Suggestions that give a lot more content, shards, rank up materials and challenge/fun all need to have this objective in mind.

As that is the only lense that kabam can legitimately view it through. They are a business.
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358

Node Ideas:

Gluttony: Whenever the Attacker has more than 2 bars of power, the Defenders power steals all of the Attacker's power over 10 seconds.

Greed: The Defender steals any buff the Attacker triggers. The potency of these buffs are increased by 100%.

Lust: The Attacker cannot gain power normally. When the Attacker is near the opponent, gain 1 bar of power every 10 seconds. When the Attacker is far away from the opponent, they are power drained, 1 bar of power every 7 seconds.

Sloth: Whenever the Defender activates a special attack, the Attacker is inflicted with a passive Slow and Heal Reverse. These are removed when the Attacker intercepts the Defender.

Wrath: The Defender gains +500% base attack, but every time the Defender uses a special attack, they recoil 5% of their max health.

Envy: Whenever the Attacker triggers a buff, the Defender increases their Ability Accuracy by 10% for each second the buff lasts.

Pride: If the Defender has more power than the Attacker, the Defender gains +20% Ability Accuracy and base attack while the defender suffers -20% Ability Accuracy and base attack.

I believe gluttony is already a node in act 7 beta. I believe it is just as described above. Also for pride do mean the attacker has minus 20% ability accuracy and base attack while the defender has more power.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Node Ideas:

Gluttony: Whenever the Attacker has more than 2 bars of power, the Defenders power steals all of the Attacker's power over 10 seconds.

Greed: The Defender steals any buff the Attacker triggers. The potency of these buffs are increased by 100%.

Lust: The Attacker cannot gain power normally. When the Attacker is near the opponent, gain 1 bar of power every 10 seconds. When the Attacker is far away from the opponent, they are power drained, 1 bar of power every 7 seconds.

Sloth: Whenever the Defender activates a special attack, the Attacker is inflicted with a passive Slow and Heal Reverse. These are removed when the Attacker intercepts the Defender.

Wrath: The Defender gains +500% base attack, but every time the Defender uses a special attack, they recoil 5% of their max health.

Envy: Whenever the Attacker triggers a buff, the Defender increases their Ability Accuracy by 10% for each second the buff lasts.

Pride: If the Defender has more power than the Attacker, the Defender gains +20% Ability Accuracy and base attack while the defender suffers -20% Ability Accuracy and base attack.

I believe gluttony is already a node in act 7 beta. I believe it is just as described above. Also for pride do mean the attacker has minus 20% ability accuracy and base attack while the defender has more power.

Yup!
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    @SpideyFunko i love that boss rush idea as massive whales can't go in there and win. This will make it equal for everyone. Just one question would we be able to know who it is that were up against?
  • DavidtriDavidtri Posts: 3

I have a few ideas/thoughts, maybe a gameplay/act where you have thru the ages;
    There are two ways you can do this
    1)What I mean by that one chapter has 4 missions, 2 missions are skill for example and 2 mutant. What makes it thru the ages and includes all your squad is that you have to have one champion from 2015,2016,2017,2018,2019 etc one slot for each year.
    2) you could make each chapter a different year so chapter 1, missions 1-2 champs of only 2015, missions 3-4 champions of just 2016 or you could do 2015 and 2016.
    With these game play tweaks, you can tailor nodes to fit that classes or champions of that year and gives you the chances to have wider nodes, with even some nodes tailored to older champions.
    For example if you had science you can have a node that is tailored to needing a good block proficiency suitable to captain America (any three) or class group tech which rewards you for having a robot champion. If going off years you can have ones suited more to nodes that don’t rely on huge Crit numbers.
    This would mean you have to dust off old champs and use them or use newer champions if still wanted.
    I don’t know if this is a doable game play but is an idea to make older champs relevant, and making making nodes able to be tailored
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    @Davidtri I love that idea it makes useless champs useful. Maybe a variant that implements this?
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    @Davidtri i think that would be great once there are more 2020 champions in the basic pool. Knowing kabam they’ll put in a 2020 chapter really early to make it harder to complete
    @Pancake_Face That’s a tough question. Because if you know, you can bring in counters, but if you don’t you could get screwed over. I’d like to say you can’t see the boss, but since it’s the same boss all month there’s no pint since everyone would eventually know who it is.

But you wouldn’t know who the boss is the first time.
    @Notsavage19 that could disrupt the game if everyone had R2 6*. You could have someone with massive skill in like Act 4 get top ten and get rewards they don’t need to do the content. You’d have your roster, and you’d get a chance, but the higher your progression goes, and the more diverse your roster, the more likely you are to get those higher, top tier rewards.
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★

1) Champion Acquisition
    Arenas are currently the only reliable way to get a specific champion, but that is harmed by the fact that more progressed players who do it for the shards/sig levels or whatever have so many more 6* than someone who is a little smaller and can’t keep up the grind, so to the not grinder, it is a fools errand (I know this isn’t the only case, but it’s the general idea/problem with arenas. That and bots.)

I feel like a decent alternate for champ acquisition are solo quests with the champ in question. So like, instead of a 5* Omega Red arena, we would get a OR gauntlet quest where we need to take down a quest made around Omega red and his skills and weaknesses. So in my mind it would have two paths, one highlighting his skills and the other his weaknesses, so on one side it would be Electro, masochism and Morningstar/biohazard, but on the other side it would be robots and other Omega Reds. If you can finish both paths, you get that champ. It would obviously need to be hard enough to where it’s not just a faceroll, but not so hard that it requires perfect intercept and impossible scenarios (like putting a non-immune against biohazard unless they have a shrug off).

2) Content enjoyment: better nodes
    #1 might help with this. Also more fun nodes like April Pools thing with the QuickDraw node, the stop hitting yourself node, etc. Stuff that makes the game funky but not hard. Another idea for a node is both champions are unstoppable and unblockable and those cannot be removed, and each fighter has X amount of indestructible charges and once all are removed, they gain death touch (so fast combos and ability stuns are good)

Here are my two big ideas, one a new game mode and another a handful of nodes.

@Kabam Lyra I agree on arena stuff I always wanna pull some champ from arena but never got it...it's really hard for smaller ac player to pull champ and proplayer plays arean for increasing sign or for crystals shards I also added this issues before...and gave the suggestion too...my solutions are why not to make arean saprete from others and made similar soloobjectives I am not telling to remove arena but we need soloobjectives to pull our fev champ what we want to pull by compliting missions with spacific champs...and how this work for uncollected and cav there is 5* conquer and proven 4* for act1&2_3* this could be an awsome thing that kabam can introduce and make this soloobjectives for each week even kabam can add nexus champ selector to pull in one-month so this could be really awsome to get....why nexus...couse luck depends person to person if they got Cyclops humantorch and mediusa they will decide whom they wants to try and invest their time for one week...
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Duel concept:

On the champions tab we currently have the buttons: upgrade; use items; and view info.

I would love to see a duel button added here so we can challenge any rarity of that champion with the added option of selecting a War node for practice.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    @Aburaees or maybe simply the option to like, triple their health, cause there have been a lot of times I want to try out one of my top guys with a high sig against a certain defender, but my other rarities don’t have a good enough sig or I simply don’t have them as a 4*.

I like that concept tho
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

@Aburaees or maybe simply the option to like, triple their health, cause there have been a lot of times I want to try out one of my top guys with a high sig against a certain defender, but my other rarities don’t have a good enough sig or I simply don’t have them as a 4*.

I like that concept tho

Yes, personally I’d expand it so that we can select unowned champions and duel them also (including the ability to set their rarity, rank and level).

• Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★

Node Ideas:

Yup!
    Seems like sevendeadlysins but carry on concept is pretty cool
    I’m bored, so I’ve got another idea: The Gauntlet Of Champions

There are two possible variations that Kabam could do for this.

The first one is just it starts with one stars and it ranks in terms of pi and star level as you go on, and eventually you’re just fighting 5/65 max sig six stars.

Or, they could do it my preferred way.

There is one difficulty: But the fights are structured like this:

Fights 1-5: Quest 1, Chapter 1 of Beginner eq difficulty
    Fights 6-15: Quest 2, Chapter 1 of Normal eq difficulty
    Fights 16-30: Quest 1, Chapter 2 of Heroic eq difficulty
    Fights 31-50: Quest 2, Chapter 2 of Master eq difficulty
    Fights 51-75: Quest 1, Chapter 3 of Uncollected eq difficulty
    Fights 76+: Quest 2, Chapter 3 of a Cavalier eq difficulty level.

Arguments can be made for shortening how many fights per difficulty, but I have my reasons.

The opponents you face are random, and will change every time you enter the quest anew.

You bring in a full team of five, and you cannot use boosts, revives, potions, or items of any kind. It’s zero energy per tile, and once a champion is knocked out they are knocked out until you end the gauntlet.

There are rewards on the path, and they get better as you go on and are suited to the difficulty level you are currently at in the quest.

Once your entire team is knocked out, you exit the quest, taking all of the rewards you collected along the path with you.

This is just a fun, skill based challenge for everyone, as the better your skills and roster get, the farther you can go and the better rewards you will acquire.

As a note, certain fights will have nodes to counter cheesing fights with champions like Quake, Ghost, Corvus, etc.

This idea can be fleshed out, feel free to expand upon it.

Have a good one!