**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Sym Supreme Awakened still worth R5 if I have Doom?

ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
Next aims are 100% variant 2, Act 6.2, 3 and 4 first completion. Is Sym supreme still worth R5 if I already have Doom at R5? My sym supreme is currently at R4, sig level 85.

If yes, what fights in act 6 is he good for (apart from the champion)?

Is Sym Supreme Awakened still worth R5 if I have Doom? 42 votes

yes
76%
LeNoirFaineantLiving TRIBUNALMikeyBoi69Lvernon15Raymundo86UnidentifiedCreatureCharlie_Scenebluebubble100cookiedealerCiciliatoZombieZeddIldogeJoeHsu324Kill_GreyEtjamaSpadeHunterEinfachSoHedronMauledOctoberstack 32 votes
no
23%
Tarun46AdvLmaoCats4lifeDenzel116_I_Nichj99Thicco_ModeHilbert_unbeatable2Dragfire1760 10 votes

Comments

• ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Bump, any justification for either yes or no? Im a bit confused because i find him solid and hear he is very good but Im not sure where he excels that doom doesnt?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    yes
    Doom covers power control, SS covers Nullify.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    yes
    He has a FAR superior nullify to doom, will work wonders in matchups like the medusa boss in 6.3, still an amazing champ
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    yes
    I have Doom R5 and SS at 6* R2 and both still get their uses. They have two pretty Different sets of utility
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    yes
    Etjama said:

A bit of a reductionist statement. Doom can actually Nullify too - via his Staggers, his SP1, and via contact while his Aura is up.

However SS can periodically place Staggers without even making contact, which can sometimes be a lifesaver. He also has a fantastic blanket Nullify of any and all existing Buffs on the opponent whenever he activates the Chthon’s Cunning blessing (via natural rotation or via SP3). This is usually where he takes the edge over Doom, especially since the blanket Nullify synergises fantastically with MD.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    yes

Etjama said:

A bit of a reductionist statement. Doom can actually Nullify too - via his Staggers, his SP1, and via contact while his Aura is up.

However SS can periodically place Staggers without even making contact, which can sometimes be a lifesaver. He also has a fantastic blanket Nullify of any and all existing Buffs on the opponent whenever he activates the Chthon’s Cunning blessing (via natural rotation or via SP3). This is usually where he takes the edge over Doom, especially since the blanket Nullify synergises fantastically with MD.
    Oh yeah, I love Doom and know his abilities. Just making it simple. SS controls buffs better and Doom controls power better.
    yes
    He’s definitely worth levelling up especially since you still have 6.2 left to complete. I managed to solo the Champion boss twice out of the 5 runs I took against him using SS, found it much much easier to handle him with SS compared to Doom and She Hulk.
    yes
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Oh yeah, I love Doom and know his abilities. Just making it simple. SS controls buffs better and Doom controls power better.
    In some instances I actually prefer Doom for buff control, as you can deliberately place Staggers during critical moments - compared to SS’s Staggers, which can sometimes fall foul of RNG. All depends on the matchup, which is why I love having both as an option at R5/R2.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    yes
    very useful champ I would defintley r5 him even if I had doom
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Thanks all! Looks like he will be going up to R5 too then. Probably right after Cap Marvel and Torch :)
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★
    @ddom how do you like your SS? Im in a similar situation (doom and claire are 6* r2) , SS isnt ranked yet.

He covers a lot of ground doom and claire dont?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    no
    meant yes. works very well for hard fights